over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Very intersting milk thistle article

Tom

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
NaturalNews) Milk Thistle has been used in the treatment of liver diseases including liver cancer for years. It heals the liver by lowering enzyme levels and assisting the liver in its process of detoxifying the body. Herbalists and Chinese Physicians have prescribed milk thistle for all types of liver disorders including cirrhosis, inflammation, high liver enzymes, jaundice, hardening of the liver, hepatitis and liver cancer. Herbalists recommend milk thistle for any type of cancer as it is vital in aiding detoxification of the blood.

According to a recent report in the World Journal of Gastroenterology, scientists have now demonstrated the anti-cancer effects of silibinin, a major biologically active compound of milk thistle. Being widely used as a folk remedy for liver diseases, milk thistle is safe and well-tolerated, and it protects the liver from drug or alcohol-related injury. Silibinin is highly purified from milk thistle, with a defined chemical structure and molecular weight (C25H22O10, MW: 482.44).

The study was carried out by Dr. Ke-Qin Hu and his research team at the University of California, Irvine. Dr. Hu is a well-experienced research scientist and physician in the field of hepatology. He has published over 70 scientific articles in various medical professional journals. Many of his scientific research publications are focused on viral hepatitis B and C, cirrhosis, and liver cancer, all of which have significantly contributed to our better understanding of common liver diseases.

Dr. Hu and his colleagues' discovery of silibilin's anti-liver cancer effects was recently published.*

The researchers found that silibilin can significantly reduce the growth of several human hepatoma cell lines. In addition, they demonstrated that silibinin mediates anti-liver cancer effects by:

1. reduced cancer cell proliferation and cell cycle progression;

2. enhanced programmed death of cancer cells; and

3. altered chromatin structure of the cancer cells.

Their research results indicate that silibinin can be used to prevent the development of liver cancer, one of the most common cancers worldwide. The results have also opened our minds to the possibility of testing other herbal supplements for possible treatment of human cancers.

Milk Thistle From an Herbal Perspective

Milk thistle has been observed in the reversal in symptoms of both acute and chronic liver problems. There is significant antioxidant and free radical scavenger action properties in milk thistle.

Milk thistle is beneficial for the liver in both protecting and regenerating it and is one of the best examples of preventative medicine that we have today as it not only protects each cell of the liver, kidneys, gall bladder, skin, brain and other tissues from incoming toxins, but at the same time encourages the liver to cleanse itself of damaging substances, such as alcohol, drugs, medications, mercury and heavy metals, pesticides, anesthesia, and even the most poisonous of mushrooms, the Amanita or Death-cap mushroom.

Additional Benefits of Milk Thistle

Milk thistle accelerates protein synthesis by the liver cells. It stimulates the liver to produce SOD, a potent free radical scavenger. It prevents depletion of glutathione in the liver.

Researchers have shown that milk thistle stimulates the synthesis of RNA (an important molecule that helps carry out and control protein synthesis)

Milk thistle protects the kidneys and is beneficial to those with skin problems like psoriasis.
Milk thistle blocks allergic and inflammatory reactions.

Milk thistle in mucilaginous and increases immune response, eradicates infection and soothes inflamed tissue.

Milk thistle has been found to maintain the basic function of the liver, thereby keeping the blood vascular system clean, which has an overall effect of maintaining health in the entire body.

This is an excellent herb for anyone who is under stress, uses alcohol, recreational drugs, prescription medications, or lives in today's modern times of pesticides, environmental toxins, and pollution.

Sources:

*Journal reference: Lah JJ, Cui W, Hu KQ. Effects and mechanisms of silibinin on human hepatoma cell lines. World J Gastroenterol 2007; 13(40): 5299-5305

The Little Herb Encyclopedia by Jack Ritchason: N.D. Page 146

Milk Thistle - Silybum Marianum: ((**broken link removed**...)

About the author
Leslee Dru Browning is a 6th generation Medical Herbalist & Nutritionist from the ancestral line of Patty Bartlett Sessions; Pioneer Mid-Wife & Herbalist. Leslee practiced Medical Herbalism and Nutritional Healing for over 25 years and specialized in Cancer Wellness along with Chronic Illness. She now devotes her career to teaching people, through her writing, about Natural Healing from An Herbal Perspective.

How much would one need to take daily to get the benefits?

NaturalNews) Milk Thistle has been used in the treatment of liver diseases including liver cancer for years. It heals the liver by lowering enzyme levels and assisting the liver in its process of detoxifying the body. Herbalists and Chinese Physicians have prescribed milk thistle for all types of liver disorders including cirrhosis, inflammation, high liver enzymes, jaundice, hardening of the liver, hepatitis and liver cancer. Herbalists recommend milk thistle for any type of cancer as it is vital in aiding detoxification of the blood.

According to a recent report in the World Journal of Gastroenterology, scientists have now demonstrated the anti-cancer effects of silibinin, a major biologically active compound of milk thistle. Being widely used as a folk remedy for liver diseases, milk thistle is safe and well-tolerated, and it protects the liver from drug or alcohol-related injury. Silibinin is highly purified from milk thistle, with a defined chemical structure and molecular weight (C25H22O10, MW: 482.44).

The study was carried out by Dr. Ke-Qin Hu and his research team at the University of California, Irvine. Dr. Hu is a well-experienced research scientist and physician in the field of hepatology. He has published over 70 scientific articles in various medical professional journals. Many of his scientific research publications are focused on viral hepatitis B and C, cirrhosis, and liver cancer, all of which have significantly contributed to our better understanding of common liver diseases.

Dr. Hu and his colleagues' discovery of silibilin's anti-liver cancer effects was recently published.*

The researchers found that silibilin can significantly reduce the growth of several human hepatoma cell lines. In addition, they demonstrated that silibinin mediates anti-liver cancer effects by:

1. reduced cancer cell proliferation and cell cycle progression;

2. enhanced programmed death of cancer cells; and

3. altered chromatin structure of the cancer cells.

Their research results indicate that silibinin can be used to prevent the development of liver cancer, one of the most common cancers worldwide. The results have also opened our minds to the possibility of testing other herbal supplements for possible treatment of human cancers.

Milk Thistle From an Herbal Perspective

Milk thistle has been observed in the reversal in symptoms of both acute and chronic liver problems. There is significant antioxidant and free radical scavenger action properties in milk thistle.

Milk thistle is beneficial for the liver in both protecting and regenerating it and is one of the best examples of preventative medicine that we have today as it not only protects each cell of the liver, kidneys, gall bladder, skin, brain and other tissues from incoming toxins, but at the same time encourages the liver to cleanse itself of damaging substances, such as alcohol, drugs, medications, mercury and heavy metals, pesticides, anesthesia, and even the most poisonous of mushrooms, the Amanita or Death-cap mushroom.

Additional Benefits of Milk Thistle

Milk thistle accelerates protein synthesis by the liver cells. It stimulates the liver to produce SOD, a potent free radical scavenger. It prevents depletion of glutathione in the liver.

Researchers have shown that milk thistle stimulates the synthesis of RNA (an important molecule that helps carry out and control protein synthesis)

Milk thistle protects the kidneys and is beneficial to those with skin problems like psoriasis.
Milk thistle blocks allergic and inflammatory reactions.

Milk thistle in mucilaginous and increases immune response, eradicates infection and soothes inflamed tissue.

Milk thistle has been found to maintain the basic function of the liver, thereby keeping the blood vascular system clean, which has an overall effect of maintaining health in the entire body.

This is an excellent herb for anyone who is under stress, uses alcohol, recreational drugs, prescription medications, or lives in today's modern times of pesticides, environmental toxins, and pollution.

Sources:

*Journal reference: Lah JJ, Cui W, Hu KQ. Effects and mechanisms of silibinin on human hepatoma cell lines. World J Gastroenterol 2007; 13(40): 5299-5305

The Little Herb Encyclopedia by Jack Ritchason: N.D. Page 146

Milk Thistle - Silybum Marianum: ((**broken link removed**...)

About the author
Leslee Dru Browning is a 6th generation Medical Herbalist & Nutritionist from the ancestral line of Patty Bartlett Sessions; Pioneer Mid-Wife & Herbalist. Leslee practiced Medical Herbalism and Nutritional Healing for over 25 years and specialized in Cancer Wellness along with Chronic Illness. She now devotes her career to teaching people, through her writing, about Natural Healing from An Herbal Perspective.

The first real studies was by Ritter 1941. Most of the of the Milk Thistle products on the market are not effective ( same with the tribulus products)
The real Milk Thistle (Silybum marianum) has to be a flavonoid mixture isolated from Silybum marinum and has to be 99% pharmaceutical grade. The plant has a white thorn, the fruits of the white thorn is a drug (Semen Silybi) A flavonoid complex referred to as silymarin is isolated and is the active ingredient. According to current Bulgarin knowledge, the silymarin includes the following compound: silybin, dehydrosilybin, silydianin and silycrysti. This active ingredients must be isolated from the plant. The best Milk Thistle product is Carsil manufactured by Shopharma Bulgaria the maker of Tribestan.
A comparative clinical study of Carsil and Legalon( Legalon is a prescription medicatin brand of Madaus of Germany) the pruritus and dark urine were best influenced after Carsil. I buy my Carsil from Bulgaria for the past 20 years.
I will start importing Carsil by and of this year.

Anybody know the daily dosage if taking CARSIL - 200mg daily?

The first real studies was by Ritter 1941. Most of the of the Milk Thistle products on the market are not effective ( same with the tribulus products)
The real Milk Thistle (Silybum marianum) has to be a flavonoid mixture isolated from Silybum marinum and has to be 99% pharmaceutical grade. The plant has a white thorn, the fruits of the white thorn is a drug (Semen Silybi) A flavonoid complex referred to as silymarin is isolated and is the active ingredient. According to current Bulgarin knowledge, the silymarin includes the following compound: silybin, dehydrosilybin, silydianin and silycrysti. This active ingredients must be isolated from the plant. The best Milk Thistle product is Carsil manufactured by Shopharma Bulgaria the maker of Tribestan.
A comparative clinical study of Carsil and Legalon( Legalon is a prescription medicatin brand of Madaus of Germany) the pruritus and dark urine were best influenced after Carsil. I buy my Carsil from Bulgaria for the past 20 years.
I will start importing Carsil by and of this year.

Excellent information.

So what color / texture should a silymarin product of the one you described look like and taste like?

as bad as my liver levels have been due to all the medications I take, i see all the places that sell this are over seas. anyone have it in the states.

i got milk thistle at walmart
175mg a pill

Used milk thistle always and a fair bit to, 6-9 175mg capsules daily throughout cycle but my liver enzymes still reach double normal. Cant therefore say i rate it but because of all the positive literature i take it as a precaution thinking that the levels may be higher if i didnt. Also trid the liver product from synthertec and things semed the same.
Wondr how i can get a hold of the above mentioned product in England if its that good?
Is it legal/prescription etc??

very interesting article! i got a bottle in the closet I've only used when taking orals.. I'll have to incorporate into my daily supplements..

I take it regularly, my liver i'm sure was beat up pretty good from the alcohol

My penis also grew 5"

I use a milk thistle product that is from Full Circle, which is an all organic company. I do think it really helps the acne during a prohormone or ds cycle. Cant say as it helps the liver but cant hurt I guess. I take 2 350mg caps in morning and at night. $6 a bottle for 60, not bad from the local grocery here.

Same here! It says take 2-3 daily is that to much?

i take 4 a day...

my brother who just opened a supplent shop has 500mg milk thistle he takes ( years of drug adbuse and hep. c) and his bottle says same.. 2-3 a day

so i dnt understand how one with lower mg says same amount to take daily as to one with 500mg

BUT thanks for that artical!! really liked it

is it just while taking oral aas or also for otc supplements,inj aas,etc. as well?

i take 4 a day...

my brother who just opened a supplent shop has 500mg milk thistle he takes ( years of drug adbuse and hep. c) and his bottle says same.. 2-3 a day

so i dnt understand how one with lower mg says same amount to take daily as to one with 500mg

BUT thanks for that artical!! really liked it

If you take 100% pharmaceutical grade milk thistle, than you need to take only 70mg to 100mg per day,if you have sever liver problem than 200mg per day, is no 100% milk thistle in the USA. Most of the of the milk thisle products in the USA are 40% to 80% the whole plant extract. It is very important that the flavonoid be extracted from the fruits of the plant, becouse the fruit has the active ingredients.

good info here i know i will be getting some pretty soon

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity