over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pterostilbene: Superior Resveratrol?

Knight9

Featured Member / Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Has anyone taken Pterostilbene in the oral form? I just got a bunch sent to me by my friend who is a PhD/Research Chemist and apparently I have been in the dark about this compound. These caps are 100mg each.

Wikipedia states:
Pterostilbene is a stilbenoid chemically related to resveratrol and is found in blueberries and grapes. It belongs to the group of phytoalexins, agents produced by plants to fight infections.[1] Based on animal studies it is thought to exhibit anti-cancer, anti-hypercholesterolemia, anti-hypertriglyceridemia properties, as well as the ability to fight off and reverse cognitive decline. It is believed that the compound also has anti-diabetic properties, but so far very little has been studied on this issue.

I did a search and this post by Discohornet is some of the better info I have come across. I'm still searching though :).
http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/1282291-post6.html

oral is no good. inject works. its less painfull then res but kind of a weird compound. on paper it seems superior and there have been studies that confirm that ptero does in fact activate sirtuin-1 where as with res there has not been possative confirmation.

I will tell you that in practice resveratrol seems more effective but then again I have not used too much ptero on its own.

I played with high doses last year and ended up with weird results so stopped.

I think it can be a good addition but res/curc really seems to be the magic combo,

Its a lot like isotopes of curcurmin I would rather get the full benefits. But if it was free, try it.
reservatrol never did anything oral...injection totally different going to get more soon.

its very much like GW5016, endurance, lipid improvement, fat burning....With antioxidant and anti cancer benefits. And that's just tge begining .

oral is no good. inject works. its less painfull then res but kind of a weird compound. on paper it seems superior and there have been studies that confirm that ptero does in fact activate sirtuin-1 where as with res there has not been possative confirmation.

I will tell you that in practice resveratrol seems more effective but then again I have not used too much ptero on its own.

I played with high doses last year and ended up with weird results so stopped.

I think it can be a good addition but res/curc really seems to be the magic combo,

I would think 65-80% bio availability is a little better than "no good". It should stand to be far better than resveratrol which has extremely poor absorption despite its cost.

But what is weird about it? I'd love to hear you get specific to define "weird" in your experience.

It's well documented that oral bioavailability of pterostilbene is as much as 95% due to double methylation while res is somewhere around 20%. It is false to say that pterostilbene is not effective orally. Maybe if you produce and sell an injectable version though you would have some motivation to misinform people.

I've taken it at 100 mg qd for awhile now. It's fairly expensive. I haven't found a bulk supplier yet but I haven't looked in awhile either. Your buddy made his own caps Knight?

Rex.

It's well documented that oral bioavailability of pterostilbene is as much as 95% due to double methylation while res is somewhere around 20%. It is false to say that pterostilbene is not effective orally. Maybe if you produce and sell an injectable version though you would have some motivation to misinform people.

I've taken it at 100 mg qd for awhile now. It's fairly expensive. I haven't found a bulk supplier yet but I haven't looked in awhile either. Your buddy made his own caps Knight?

Rex.

Good points...great post.

I did not ask..but I will find out. They are black capsules so I'm not sure if a company makes them or he capped them. Im sure he has access to extremely good raws. I'll get back to you.

It's synergistic with res and you'll see a lot of formulas that combine the two because of the research on this. I take 500 mg res qd w/ the 100 mg ptero. This gives very near 100 mg each per day figuring 20% oral bioavailability of res.

Rex.

Rex.

I love how you dickheads keep trying to insinuate that I have something to gain by talking about all this yet buy commercial shit like its going out of style.

for the last time all I did with any of this is share my experience and some of the experiances of others that have tried this stuff. no one could get it so I tried to make it available, for this I I nevr hear the end of bs comments...

:banghead:

I would think 65-80% bio availability is a little better than "no good". It should stand to be far better than resveratrol which has extremely poor absorption despite its cost.

But what is weird about it? I'd love to hear you get specific to define "weird" in your experience.

at this point why should I waste my time to explain this when the people that want to know think they know more then the person with the actual experience?

the attitude you and this other guy have really sucks.

weird is at low dosing a feeling of control over your muscles like you have not had before like you can feel every nerve firing, faster reflexes, weight loss or inability to gain weight and as dosing increases a feeling of over stimulation, going from being able to feel a better mind muscle conection to having that be too much to the point of not being able to lift heavy weight at all, high hr high bp...

lmk when you eat enough to get similar results.

Bumping this for more input from the best minds on here...

I've been taking 200 mg daily for the last two months. However, it's hard to tell if it's truly doing anything since I take a boat load of supplements. I do plan to keep taking it, since it's not that expensive….IMHO

Who makes yours? And was there a specific reason you started taking it? Was there certain claimed qualities you were after?

I've been taking 200 mg daily for the last two months. However, it's hard to tell if it's truly doing anything since I take a boat load of supplements. I do plan to keep taking it, since it's not that expensive….IMHO

this is exactly what im talking about when squaking abotu the difference between inject and oral, 2 months and maybe kinda sort of if you think and look real hard you find something.

slam that shit for a few weeks and tell me there is no difference... lol!

I've used inject res for a few years now, I played with doses from 50mg per week all the way up to 700mg. I tried the Ptero in place of res for a couple months, and I didn't feel it was a suitable replacement. I went back to res and don't see the benefit of the Ptero despite how it looks on paper.

I've used inject res for a few years now, I played with doses from 50mg per week all the way up to 700mg. I tried the Ptero in place of res for a couple months, and I didn't feel it was a suitable replacement. I went back to res and don't see the benefit of the Ptero despite how it looks on paper.

Thanks for the feedback bro.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

did you try them together?

thats when things get weird.

please post up mroe on this stuff so that these guys know im not the only one! lol!!!

real life like i said, res is way more effective then ptero.

Knight,

This is what I use…..

Jarrow Formulas : Pterostilbene

Okay, LK3….We all know that you were and did benefit from selling these anti-aging products. Well, I fell for what you were selling and bough several bottle of Res and Pterost….Weird thing about it is that I was never able to tell a difference while injecting this stuff. Now I'm sure your going to tell us that your product cures cancer too.

Knight,

This is what I use…..

Jarrow Formulas : Pterostilbene

Okay, LK3….We all know that you were and did benefit from selling these anti-aging products. Well, I fell for what you were selling and bough several bottle of Res and Pterost….Weird thing about it is that I was never able to tell a difference while injecting this stuff. Now I'm sure your going to tell us that your product cures cancer too.

well you must have got it from Phil, yes i did facilitate it but do you really htink i made any money off of the whole thing? i di dmore of the work then anyone and made less we are talking like 5 buck a btl.

while not everythign works for everyone i find it hard to believ you saw nothing, or you just didnt look or you didnt do something right. there are lots of serious atheletes on animals board that swear by this stuff and dont go without it, guys who are competative athelets not guys who go lift wieghts when they feel like it.

so did yu run 350mg of res a week?

did you run 350-600mg curc a week? did you do it for at least a month? maybe 3 for body comp?

did you have blood work done before and after use?

do you have anything tangeable i can work with to figure out why you are the one person that got zero results from this?

or are you one of the people that poked it one or two times thought it hurt and gave up?

what results did you expect?

there are other people that have used this stuff besides me, maybe THN could chime in a little?

i just find it close to not possible that you got nothing if you were looking, did you test endurance?

and yes, cancer has been effectivley cured by this stuff. a guy on animals site had a father with skin cancer, he had growths cut off serveral times a year, after doing what he did he has yet to have one growth, no doctor can explain.

my dog had a tumor on its leg, vet said surgery is the only option, little special lotion and topical and all gone in 3 months.

if this stuff doesnt do what some think it does how am i more sensitve to aas after years of use? how do i get better results from doses that used to do nothing?

shit there is a guy on here who was blown up in iraqu, he was able to get off morphine with curcumin alone.

Found this article...

I believe this is by a member of our board that blogs/writes his own articles.

Pterostilbene: Resveratrol’s Hot Sister
by METABOLIC ALCHEMY on APRIL 16, 2012
Reduced fat deposits, increased endurance, enhanced lifespan. What else could you ask for? Well for starters, can you make a pill that does all that? Almost. Is it bio-available? Not really. That’s where the story of Resveratrol left us. A really solid compound that could mean a host of solutions to everything from cancer to looking good. But after several years of popping as much Resveratrol as I could stand, I was still left unimpressed. Could it be that the bioavailabity of this wonder drug is what has kept it from really living up to its hype?

I think the answer is a little less concrete, but one thing is for sure. Since the moment Resveratrol was discovered, modern science couldn’t leave well enough alone, and instead opted to try and find a way to supercharge (and at the same time create a patentable version of) Resveratrol. Welcome Pterostilbene, Resveratrol’s hot(ter) sister. Pterostilbene, also known as Resveratrol 3,5 dimethyl ether, is a double methylated version of Resveratrol, which also happens to occur naturally in fruits, albeit in tiny amounts. It promises many of the same benefits as Resveratrol, but with a 65-80% bioavailability, something that kicks Resveratrol in the face.

So what are the benefits exactly? Pterostilbene activates PPAR-alpha, which leads to decreased LDL, increased HDL, and while the verdict is still out, I am willing to bet this will do amazing things for glucose(seeing as how a dose of 200mg has anecdotally caused hypoglycemia in HEALTHY individuals, I feel pretty strongly about this one). In addition to these effects, it’s a potent anti-inflammatory, has some potential anti-cancer benefits, and could help reverse cognitive decline. In fact, it exceeds at this task where Resveratrol fails : Low Dose Pterostilbene but not Resveratrol is a potent modulator in aging and Alzheimers disease

Not unique to Pterostilbene but still important to mention, it activates AMPk which is an energy sensor. This aids in fat loss, albeit at the expense of anabolism. In the bigger picture of things however, periods of AMPk activation go hand in hand with periods of silence of this enzyme. In other words, the yo-yo effect, but in a good way.

So, there are already quite a few sources for this wonder drug, but the only issue I can see with it is that it is very sensitive to light and air. That’s why there’s very little found in wine, in spite of the fact that the darker berries tend to have the highest concentration of this little gem. And even if you do find a good source, we’re still looking at 65-80% bioavailability, and that’s only if everything is just right in the gut.

It’s a good thing there’s a version out there that bypasses the gut and achieves 100% bioavailability ;)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131