YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How much money do you spend in food weekly?

HOw much money do you spend in food weekly?

• $250

Votes: 59 72.0%
  • $350

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • $500

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • $750

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • $1000 o more

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

Rainmanisback

Registered
This is for sure an expensive sport and food is probably the number one expense for all us. I am just curios on how much money you guys invest in food on weekly basis...

Are you close to any of the amounts above?

Last edited:
Chicken is getting ridiculously expensive where I live... I am looking into turkey now as a cheaper source of protein. I like to keep my beef consumption to the min therefore I just do one meal of beef...

everything else is 12 eggs a day, tuna, pork sometimes... some dairy here and there...

yam, rice, potatoes and vegetables are not so expensive

I am sure there are big guys on this board able to do it under a hundred a week. I spend more than I would like but I prefer quality shit so I gotta pay the price. I could cut in half by not doing grass fed/ organic, etc

I am sure there are big guys on this board able to do it under a hundred a week. I spend more than I would like but I prefer quality shit so I gotta pay the price. I could cut in half by not doing grass fed/ organic, etc

under a hundred a week wow... let's wait for them to tell us how is that possible? :)

I just remembered Jay Cutler stating he spend $1000 a week :(

I am by no means a monster at 247, but I only spend about 200 a week. That is howeve for my wife and I. I try to keep my food choices pretty healthy now a days too and don't buy junk. At times when we have been low on money I have spent well under 100 a week, it's honestly pretty easy. Rice, oatmeal, spinach, chicken, ground beef, olive oil, etc. Unless you are eating all or mostly organic, and buying all grass fed and free range meats you can get by pretty cheaply imo.

Oh wow...it wasn't until seeing these poll options that I realized I may be poor LOL :D

From the local Trader Joe's I usually have a weekly shopping trip of anywhere from $50-$100. To be fair I'm a naturally small guy and currently trying to lose some body fat. Also, I'd say the overall cost for a week is closer to $100 whenever you factor in the protein powder. I buy that in bulk, so I guess if I analyzed the amount I use per week that would add $15-$20 per week. Same with things like oats and rice (bought all at once in bulk). Some weeks I buy items that last me a good 2 weeks (butter comes to mind), so the cost fluctuates.

It would be really cool if people would list their basic shopping lists along with the $ they spend weekly.

Oh wow...it wasn't until seeing these poll options that I realized I may be poor LOL :D

From the local Trader Joe's I usually have a weekly shopping trip of anywhere from $50-$100. To be fair I'm a naturally small guy and currently trying to lose some body fat. Also, I'd say the overall cost for a week is closer to $100 whenever you factor in the protein powder. I buy that in bulk, so I guess if I analyzed the amount I use per week that would add $15-$20 per week. Same with things like oats and rice (bought all at once in bulk). Some weeks I buy items that last me a good 2 weeks (butter comes to mind), so the cost fluctuates.

It would be really cool if people would list their basic shopping lists along with the $ they spend weekly.

I agree it will be cool to know exactly what other buy/spend... I just realized how freaking expensive is to live in this city Panama City (and is a lot cheaper than my country)

I will be listing my most recent food list/prices later today

Good point...location matters quite a bit. ESPECIALLY with meat prices...for instance, my TJ's has grass-fed 85/15 beef for $6/lb...I eat a half pound per day, so that's only $21/wk for my beef consumption.

I actually just got done grocery shopping. I have the advantage of being able to shop at a base commissary which is A LOT cheaper than regular grocery stores. We spent 125 and this is what we got:
-4 avocados
-3 yellow peppers
-asparagus
-mini sweet peppers
-10 Greek yogurts
-1 lb of bacon
-1 lb of walnuts
- jar of honey
-2 lbs of sirloin steak
-2 boxes barilla protein plus pasta
-peanut butter
-bag of fried cranberries
-3 dozen eggs
-spinach and chicken tortellini
-pesto
-blackberries
-grapes
-2 liters coconut water
-2 sugar free red bulls
-12 pack of Perrier
-glucerna sugar free chocolate
-3 lbs of chicken breast tenderloins
-2 packs frozen hash browns o brien with sausage
-orange juice
That 125 also included tp, body wash, face wash, dog treats

Hell my family and i can get by on 1k a month is we buy smart and in bulk.
As you said Cutler claims he spends 1k a week is a lot of food especially if you buy smart.

I actually just got done grocery shopping. I have the advantage of being able to shop at a base commissary which is A LOT cheaper than regular grocery stores. We spent 125 and this is what we got:
-4 avocados
-3 yellow peppers
-asparagus
-mini sweet peppers
-10 Greek yogurts
-1 lb of bacon
-1 lb of walnuts
- jar of honey
-2 lbs of sirloin steak
-2 boxes barilla protein plus pasta
-peanut butter
-bag of fried cranberries
-3 dozen eggs
-spinach and chicken tortellini
-pesto
-blackberries
-grapes
-2 liters coconut water
-2 sugar free red bulls
-12 pack of Perrier
-glucerna sugar free chocolate
-3 lbs of chicken breast tenderloins
-2 packs frozen hash browns o brien with sausage
-orange juice
That 125 also included tp, body wash, face wash, dog treats

Nice thanks for sharing

This is what we spend last week in food (for wife my 10 y/o son and myself)

1 x 3 pounds bacon $13.99
2 x 2 pack Mozzarella cheese slices $10.99 total
1 x Strawberries big box $5.89
1 roasted chicken $5.29
1 Whey protein 2 pounds chocol. $20.99
1 x 8 pack tuna in water $8.99
4 x 24 egg pack $16.76 total
2 x 2.09 pound beef filet $16.90 each
3 x 10 chicken drum $8.37 each
1 x 1.126 pound pork chops $8.32
1 x 2 pack fresh asparagus $8 .99 total

rice, potatoes, yam, broccoli and most vegt are quite cheap down here...

Last edited:
Nice nice, O/T but I live pretty damn close to you. I frequent the Panama City/Destin area.

Too Much!!!:( and i only eat 6x day

I buy grass fed sides of beef for $2.75/lb processed...
Chicken breast is $2/lb

Throw in some natty PB and a few dozen of eggs? still under $100/wk for a 250+pounder.

Damn....I spend about $150-200 every 2 weeks and I thought that was getting expensive. I'm only 23 but still how the hell is anyone spending $300+ every single week.

Walmart is cheap but I still buy expensive items like cottage cheese, egg whites, vegetables, meats, and a lot of fillers/seasonings/toppings that don't even really contribute to my calories and just cost more money

Good food is not cheap! I spend way too much on food, but I can't stop eating!

Evan Centopani made a video of his weekly shopping trip, and it came in under $50. He bought chicken breasts, eggs, oats, potatoes, and broccoli. I can't remember if there was anything else, but I don't think so. This was based on 3-4 meals/day of solid food. (That is, it did not include 2 additional protein shakes.) Someone posted the video on PM awhile ago. So while you can spend a lot more, I don't believe it is necessary. Even if you add some red meat and yogurt for variety, it should still be easy to spend less that $100/wk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost