advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

National Level Competitors - What do you take in the off-season?

Wayacrucis

Registered
Hey guys. I am 26 and have competed 3 times so far. My last show was a Provincial level show and I placed second in my weight class. I am qualified for nationals and right now I am trying to pack on as much size as possible.

I was wondering what do most of you take in the off season? In the past I've always used Test E/Tren E with 4-5IU of GH. Though I've recently noticed that as I am getting older, my body is not able to tolerate Tren E as well as it used to. I am having a hard time keeping my BP in check and I feel very lethargic. It's just too much for me to handle.

I should point out that I absolutely hate Deca, so that compound is out of the question. I am also aware that the off-season is supposed to lighter on the body compared to pre-contest, so I am really trying to find ideal compounds to take throughout the off-season and still be able to grow well without doing too much harm to my body.

What do you guys recommend? I am 10 weeks into my current cycle which is 1000mg Test E/Week, 600mg Tren E/week, and 5IU growth per day.

I am thinking of keeping everything the same, but replacing the Tren with 600mg EQ/week. Or I was thinking of maybe keeping the Tren, but dropping the dose to maybe 300mg/week. I am open to all suggestions..I am mainly looking for something that is BP friendly and just not very toxic on the body.

Last edited:
Since most people lie about there use I doubt your going to get a straight answer. According to some HRT and a few IU of GH is all you need to be huge and ripped, but most sane people know that's bs.

So is 1600mgs/5 IU GH your offseason? Do you ever go off? What weight class do you compete in? What's your offseason weight?

All of them take 200-400mg test on here.

In all seriousness I think test and primo might be good for you. Tren is so harsh and if you are having issues I would keep that for contest prep only. I would have said deca but you hate that... is npp any different? Eq is another possibility but can cause issues. Have you had a full blood test recently?

i'll tell you right now that the basic staple for most people who are extremely serious about getting to the very top echelons of the sport is the following offseason:

test
deca
anadrol(on and off usually 6wks max)
gh
insulin

not comfortable with giving out doses....
but yeah

Last edited:
Since most people lie about there use I doubt your going to get a straight answer. According to some HRT and a few IU of GH is all you need to be huge and ripped, but most sane people know that's bs.

So is 1600mgs/5 IU GH your offseason? Do you ever go off? What weight class do you compete in? What's your offseason weight?

Yes 1600mg and 5IU growth is my off season. I compete in light heavies. I am 5'10" 234lbs right now first thing in the morning. I do a 16 week off season per year, followed by 12 weeks of contest prep. That's 7 months. I cruise on 200-300mg test and var for a month post contest just to look good and enjoy life. That's 8 months of being on. The other 4 months I go completely off everything.

Had bloodwork done 3 weeks ago. Everything is normal. Cholesterol levels are not too great, but still in the normal range according to my doctor. Rbc count also up, but still not high enough to concern my doc.

My bp and resting heart rate is very good during contest prep despite taking so many stimulants. I suppose losing so much excess weight, eating super healthy and doing tons of cardio does the body wonders. I need help with my off season though. My bp seems to shoot up as soon as my weight does - regardless of what the weight is.

i'll tell you right now that the basic staple for most people who are extremely serious about getting to the very top echelons of the sport is the following offseason:

test
deca
anadrol(on and off usually 6wks max)
gh
insulin

not comfortable with giving out doses....
but yeah

x2

If you have had a blood test and everything is gtg I would do the above but swop deca for eq (as you hate deca). I think that combo could be great for you. Although orals I would do 3-4 weeks on 3-4 off 3-4 on etc. I would try dbol, tbol and adrol at different times.

It all depends upon what you are prepared to do. If you are worried about your cholesterol getting worse then orals may not be good for you. The Eq will increase your RBC... again it's what you are prepared to do. I don't think you need to be using high doses... they will come in your contest prep. Some guys do go through an off season on low doses and then ramp them up during a fairly long contest prep. It all depends upon how much you need to improve/grow.

I think the key ingredients for high level competitors wanting to grow in the offseason whilst trying to maintain health are test, gh and slin.

Last edited:
Drop the Tren, use GH on workout days only, add insulin, train heavy and keep in some cardio. Add calories as needed.

Drop the Tren, use GH on workout days only, add insulin, train heavy and keep in some cardio. Add calories as needed.

I prefer tren for off season versus deca. My body responds a lot better to it. Not sure what the point of cardio is in the off season..

Beginning of my offseason I thought Id load up on test, tren enth and EQ..gh and slin off and on. 2100mg total. Wasnt making gains, felt like shit and was sick all the time.

I dropped my doses and stuck to test 250mg E4D and kept on the GH and peptides and my weight and strength went up and I began growing. I havent used any Insulin since that blast because Im growing just fine right now. I went from 234lbs or so up to 245-248 now since dropping all that gear. Now Im just trying to maintain this weight for a bit try for 250 by end of the year maybe then try to get up in weight more again.

Off season you really dont need all that much esp with GH and Insulin used smart :) Staying consistant with diet and hard training I find makes a bigger difference than bombarding the gear.

Unfortunately it will be hard to find people who are honest regarding this and some who are honest will be thrown away as liars. So where does the truth really stand? Some will say the Pros and top NPC guys take 400-600 mgs of test a week plus an anabolic and some GH and Slin. Then there are those on this very forum who want you to think that the more you take the bigger you will get and everyone in the Mr O ranks takes 10 grams of drugs a week like Boston Lloyd.

I am convinced that the truth lies somewhere in the middle. They aren't on 500mgs of test a week but not everyone is abusing 10 grams of gear a week either.

I prefer tren for off season versus deca. My body responds a lot better to it. Not sure what the point of cardio is in the off season..
Staying healthy and increasing appetite.

Staying healthy and increasing appetite.

any studies to show that it actually promotes an increase in appetite? I don't see the point. You'd still have to increase the calories due to the increase of caloric expenditure. Staying healthy...your workouts should give enough of an cardiovascular workout...

I recently listened to a podcast with John Meadows and he said something to the fact that a guy only needs test, gh and slin. I think dosages are determined by individual response. For some that could be a gram or less, others maybe 2-4?

Beginning of my offseason I thought Id load up on test, tren enth and EQ..gh and slin off and on. 2100mg total. Wasnt making gains, felt like shit and was sick all the time.

I dropped my doses and stuck to test 250mg E4D and kept on the GH and peptides and my weight and strength went up and I began growing. I havent used any Insulin since that blast because Im growing just fine right now. I went from 234lbs or so up to 245-248 now since dropping all that gear. Now Im just trying to maintain this weight for a bit try for 250 by end of the year maybe then try to get up in weight more again.

Off season you really dont need all that much esp with GH and Insulin used smart :) Staying consistant with diet and hard training I find makes a bigger difference than bombarding the gear.
Vcan I ask were your macros were during that increase in weight ?/

I recently listened to a podcast with John Meadows and he said something to the fact that a guy only needs test, gh and slin. I think dosages are determined by individual response. For some that could be a gram or less, others maybe 2-4?
You are correct. He said if you can't grow off those..you need to choose another sport. However, I feel an anabolic is often needed as well...to promote other things like collagen synthesis and any number of other things.

any studies to show that it actually promotes an increase in appetite? I don't see the point. You'd still have to increase the calories due to the increase of caloric expenditure. Staying healthy...your workouts should give enough of an cardiovascular workout...
I don't want to be rude. I don't need any studies...it increases your appetite and some conclude it even helps digestion. I think more than just intense anaerobic training is needed for the best cardiovascular help. Don't worry, cardio a few days a week in the offseason is not going to inhibit your gains or make you wilt away.

Vcan I ask were your macros were during that increase in weight ?/

When I was on the higher doses macros were actually higher. But since then they have been roughly 40-60g Protein, 50-90g carbs, approx 14g fats per meal, 6 meals per day usually. I also stopped the Intra workout HBCD since then too and just use Synthesize and BCAA. I have about 2 real cheat meals a week, I will have a few sweet snacks during the day etc finishing off the kids food but nothing to warrant calling it a cheat meal or anything like that.

I don't want to be rude. I don't need any studies...it increases your appetite and some conclude it even helps digestion. I think more than just intense anaerobic training is needed for the best cardiovascular help. Don't worry, cardio a few days a week in the offseason is not going to inhibit your gains or make you wilt away.

I don't take what you say rudely. You are pretty straight forward in all of your posts ;) What is your definition of cardio? Light treadmill @ 20minutes?

I don't take what you say rudely. You are pretty straight forward in all of your posts ;) What is your definition of cardio? Light treadmill @ 20minutes?
Pretty much. Incline and under 3mph...30 to 45min..often fasted.

Staff online

• MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear