over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Finasteride or Dutasteride for acne control

Knight9

Featured Member / Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
This was mentioned as an effective way to cease the side effect of acne by a very well respected HRT doctor that sees many bodybuilders and athletes. We are talking about a handful of Olympia competitors, so I imagine he has plenty of lower-tiered pros or amateurs that he has treated in the So Cal area.

I am wondering if this is one of the pros handy tools to mitigate acne throughout the course of the year...appearances, guest posings, etc?

Has anyone used either of these to help rid themselves of acne sides?

5:45 - 7:20 in this video..
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU0XUvkC8ro"]Acne and fertility issues in men, steroid dosages for competitors - Ask the Doc #3 - - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
This is something i really want to know as well...maybe make an topical lotion of it..would this be too far off?

Very interesting topic, but unfortunately I cant offer any positive contribution to this thread.

I get acne fairly bad on my shoulders and back. I am not up for accutane due to the health side effects.

I used to take proscar (finasteride) to combat DHT conversion but stopped using it when I read a few studies that claimed it causes IRREVERSIBLE erectile dysfunction and/or fertility issues. Maybe its all BS I dont know. I also read that it will (obviously) reduce some small portion of your gains since DHT is still productive in terms of building muscle and strength. Hence, never used it again.

Any input on this would be fantastic.

Very interesting topic, but unfortunately I cant offer any positive contribution to this thread.

I get acne fairly bad on my shoulders and back. I am not up for accutane due to the health side effects.

I used to take proscar (finasteride) to combat DHT conversion but stopped using it when I read a few studies that claimed it causes IRREVERSIBLE erectile dysfunction and/or fertility issues. Maybe its all BS I dont know. I also read that it will (obviously) reduce some small portion of your gains since DHT is still productive in terms of building muscle and strength. Hence, never used it again.

Any input on this would be fantastic.

try a topical version of it. I have made my own topical fin. its simple to make and I don't get sexual sides from it like I do from the oral version. Do not ask me why this is. I do not know.

try a topical version of it. I have made my own topical fin. its simple to make and I don't get sexual sides from it like I do from the oral version. Do not ask me why this is. I do not know.
How do you make the topical?

I bought some kb solution off a hair loss website and then crushed up some fin pills into the solution. I don't really measure it out but I think I used 5 pills in 60ml of the solution. I use 1/4 of an ml a day and I have noticed that my hair has stopped shedding.

I don't know if I can tell you what website without breaking the rules.

I bought some kb solution off a hair loss website and then crushed up some fin pills into the solution. I don't really measure it out but I think I used 5 pills in 60ml of the solution. I use 1/4 of an ml a day and I have noticed that my hair has stopped shedding.

I don't know if I can tell you what website without breaking the rules.
I see, thanks. The thread isn't really about hair shedding.

I use finast it it hasn't done anything in regards to acne, I still get lots of acne. Only accutane helps a lot and also with the ED issue I wouldn't suggest to anyone to risk it just because it may help a little for acne

Doesn't duta bind to receptors in the skin and not just the scalp like Fina hence why it reduces acne

I was prescribed Bactrum for acne from my doctor that deals with a lot of athletes and hrt clients. It worked great and didn't notice any sides.

Never heard of this method...seems like you'd be off-setting one side effect by opening up a lot more...Finasteride doesn't worry most people on here? The reports on the sexual side effects have always concerned me, it seems like a pretty significant risk, especially when there are other meds out there for acne that don't have the same threats associated with them.

I have mild adult acne, had it bad as a teenager. Steroids don't bring it on, just living does lol...get a pimple or two on my face within the span of a month, very annoying as you may imagine. For long-term use the only thing that has worked super well for me has been a combination of b5 (pantothenic acid) and l-carnitine...1g of pant. acid + 500mg of l-carnitine every morning, same thing every night. That, of course, can be bought easily on almost any supplement/vitamin site.

If you're looking more toward the pharmaceutical route, accutane is the most obvious, but unfortunately for me it only works as long as I stay on it...a lot of people take it for a year and their acne is gone for good, but mine always creeps back up within 2-3 months, and accutane is not something I want to be on long-term. Second best pharmaceutical option (IMO) is a combination of Sulfamethoxazole and Trimethoprim...I believe when I was prescribed it by my dermatologist it was marketed under the name "Bactrim." Its intended use is as an antibiotic for clearing up various infections (primarily UTIs iirc), but it's become very popular in the acne-control community...my brother has adult acne far worse than I do, and bactrim is his miracle drug, any time he's breaking out he takes it for a few days. For him it immediately halts the breakout, and then seems to make the acne heal/fade faster than normal.

Just some suggestions, I'm in a lifelong struggle with acne so I figured I'd offer some findings lol.

K9, unless you know for a fact that it's DHT-related acne, both will be worthless for you and possibly have some unwanted side effects. Even then, the drug(s) just bind to the enzyme. So any DHT-derived compound could bring it right back.

Coconut oil has antimicrobial properties so after a shower a light coat of melted coconut oil helps me a lot. Google that. Also, something to try is get a back scrubber (a pretty rough one) and scrub your back hard with Nizoral. (or wherever you're acne is)

I am NOT a fan of those 5AR drugs.

K9, unless you know for a fact that it's DHT-related acne, both will be worthless for you and possibly have some unwanted side effects. Even then, the drug(s) just bind to the enzyme. So any DHT-derived compound could bring it right back.

Coconut oil has antimicrobial properties so after a shower a light coat of melted coconut oil helps me a lot. Google that. Also, something to try is get a back scrubber (a pretty rough one) and scrub your back hard with Nizoral. (or wherever you're acne is)

I am NOT a fan of those 5AR drugs.
I'm almost completely certain it's dht related.

I'm almost completely certain it's dht related.
Then make sure you use the one that's most effective on TYPE 1 5AR and not type 2. (which obviously means dutasteride). I think it's something like 50 or 100 times more effective at eliminating the type 1.

I would keep it as low as possible though. Like 0.1mg to 0.5.

Remember, your body still has to metabolize testosterone so an SERM or AI would also be a pretty good bet because that free test will certainly follow the enzymatic pathway - most notably aromatization to estro.

Ive been using dawn dish soap and taking two showers a day. Along with doxy during my prep. Its going decent. I have accutane on hand but running adrol atm and dont want to stack it.

This was mentioned as an effective way to cease the side effect of acne by a very well respected HRT doctor that sees many bodybuilders and athletes. We are talking about a handful of Olympia competitors, so I imagine he has plenty of lower-tiered pros or amateurs that he has treated in the So Cal area.

I am wondering if this is one of the pros handy tools to mitigate acne throughout the course of the year...appearances, guest posings, etc?

Has anyone used either of these to help rid themselves of acne sides?

5:45 - 7:20 in this video..
Acne and fertility issues in men, steroid dosages for competitors - Ask the Doc #3 - - YouTube

My skin always seemed healthier on finasteride or dutasteride and almost completely stops my back acne, I gave it up because the neurological effects that have been cited in many people. My back acne is a wreck now.

I stay away from this drug. I wonder how many professionals in our industry use this drug. I think it will save your skin but at the cost of your brain idk if its worth it.

Do the vitamins b-5 method
10 gr daily for a month or 2 or so until it clears
Now I maintain with 3-5 daily
This was the cure for me after 2 treatments with antibiotics and 2 treatments with accurate on 69 mg daily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe I'm a rarity, but I've had zero sides from duta and fin after using them for years.

I've use finasteride for years and have no acne, side effects are negligible if on aas

I wouldn't recommend finasteride for acne. It's a very bad idea because fina has horrible sides. I had problems with libido and ED when using it. Really is one of the poorer choices out there to control DHT imo.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
HughJass
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131