• no effect on bp

Votes: 25 32.5%
  • mildly to moderately raises bp

Votes: 41 53.2%
  • severely raises bp

Votes: 11 14.3%

• Total voters
does deca increase your blood pressure?

Yes Deca can increase BP, if all depends on how much your taking and if your trying to gain mass and bodyweight. All you need to do is start holding water from the deca and weight gain and your BP could go up. Just remember everyone is different. Some guys can take a larger amount of Test and Deca and be fine. Guys like me can look at Test and Deca and my BP goes up. Hope this helps.

thanks Olded

Yes Deca can increase BP, if all depends on how much your taking and if your trying to gain mass and bodyweight. All you need to do is start holding water from the deca and weight gain and your BP could go up. Just remember everyone is different. Some guys can take a larger amount of Test and Deca and be fine. Guys like me can look at Test and Deca and my BP goes up. Hope this helps.

thats a great help. thanks.

i guess i'm sensitive to the high bp too. found this out the hard way. i took an otc sup called xtreme tren last week. a member posted a video about it yesterday and it has a prohormone not on the label that converts to nandrolone. shot my bp up from 120/70 to 170/60 in just a few days. scared the hell out of me... thanks again for the info.

i guess i'm sensitive to the high bp too. found this out the hard way. i took an otc sup called xtreme tren last week. a member posted a video about it yesterday and it has a prohormone not on the label that converts to nandrolone. shot my bp up from 120/70 to 170/60 in just a few days. scared the hell out of me... thanks again for the info.

170/60 is not considered high...that's called "elevated" and its from the increased water, increased blood volume, and increased estrogen in your body...your blood pressure goes up every time you have sex..workout or do any kind of anaerobic/aerobic activity.

170/60 is not considered high...that's called "elevated" and its from the increased water, increased blood volume, and increased estrogen in your body...your blood pressure goes up every time you have sex..workout or do any kind of anaerobic/aerobic activity.

Good post, bro. Very informative

* Normal: Less than 120/80
* Prehypertension: 120-139/80-89
* Stage 1 high blood pressure: 140-159/90-99
* Stage 2 high blood pressure: 160 and above/100 and above

170/60 is very high. physical activity actually reduces bp. i'm not sure about during the actual activity. i always test about an hour after exercise. maybe for the time you're actually in activity it is elevated... but i was 170/60-70 for 2 days. i was checking it every hour or 2 because i was paranoid.

edit: thanks for the input. i think you're right about the excess water retention/blood volume.

Last edited:

your heart is seriously working at that gap btw. systole and diastole. 110 mmHg difference (millimeters of mercury= mmHg) means your heart is laying the smack down when it beats. At least your diastolic isn't elevated whatsoever. My blood pressure is always about 120-130/60-70, by the way. I've heard of some otc herbals that lower bp, but none of the names are coming to mind. might try dropping the google on that one?

your heart is seriously working at that gap btw. systole and diastole. 110 mmHg difference (millimeters of mercury= mmHg) means your heart is laying the smack down when it beats. At least your diastolic isn't elevated whatsoever. My blood pressure is always about 120-130/60-70, by the way. I've heard of some otc herbals that lower bp, but none of the names are coming to mind. might try dropping the google on that one?

im cool now. it took a few days to go back down but im back my norm 120s/70-80. the large gap really scared the hell out of me. for the few days i was having problems i could feel the beats in my carotid arteries in my neck. and all through my body. it was a really bad feeling. btw, you have good blood pressure. keep tabs on it as best you can. thanks for the input

im cool now. it took a few days to go back down but im back my norm 120s/70-80. the large gap really scared the hell out of me. for the few days i was having problems i could feel the beats in my carotid arteries in my neck. and all through my body. it was a really bad feeling. btw, you have good blood pressure. keep tabs on it as best you can. thanks for the input

That's good Machola, if your numbers had stayed up I would say go to the Dr. if you can and more then likely he would put you on a water pill. My Dr. said this is the first line in trating b/p. But I'm glad to hear your ok.

Diastolic pressure is what you have to be more concerned about. Once it starts creeping up at around 90 and higher is no good.

I read a study though Systolic recently was found to be more the determining factor for issues.

Found another study says the Systolic is more true for pers
ons over 50.

1: Curr Cardiol Rep. 2002 Nov;4(6):463-7.

Systolic versus diastolic blood pressure versus pulse pressure.

White WB.
Section of Hypertension and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, 263 Farmington Avenue, Farmington, CT 06030-3940, USA. [email protected]
Elevation of systolic blood pressure (BP) has been recognized as an independent risk factor that far exceeds the risk associated with an elevated diastolic BP in older patients with hypertension. Isolated systolic hypertension (ISH) is a disorder typically defined when the systolic BP is greater than 140 mm Hg but with diastolic BP below 90 mm Hg. Pulse pressure (the difference between systolic and diastolic pressure) has recently become an active area of discussion in the literature as an independent factor of cardiovascular risk. An increased pulse pressure nearly always indicates reduced vascular compliance of large arteries and, by definition, is always increased in patients with isolated systolic hypertension. Although the evidence that a widened pulse pressure is an independent marker of cardiovascular risk is quite well established, therapeutic morbidity and mortality studies in ISH have focused on reductions in systolic pressure. At the present time, outcomes data have not been well established for reductions in pulse pressure in older patients with hypertension.

: J Hum Hypertens. 2002 Mar;16(3):163-7.

Systolic vs diastolic blood pressure: community burden and impact on blood pressure staging.

Banegas JR, de la Cruz JJ, Rodríguez-Artalejo F, Graciani A, Guallar-Castillón P, Herruzo R.
Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health. Universidad Autónoma de Madrid. Madrid, Spain. [email protected]
Systolic blood pressure (SBP) is a more frequent cardiovascular risk factor than diastolic blood pressure (DBP), and has a greater impact on blood pressure staging, though this can vary with age, sex and country. Therefore this paper compares SBP and DBP in terms of community burden and impact on blood pressure staging, among Spain's middle-aged population. Data were drawn from a cross-sectional study on a representative sample of the Spanish population aged 35-64 years. Blood pressure was determined under standardised conditions, and was classified as per WHO-ISH and JNC-VI criteria. Prevalence of SBP > or =140 mm Hg was 34.1%, and that of DBP > or =90 mm Hg, 30.9%. A total of 12% of subjects had isolated systolic hypertension (ISH) and 8.7% had isolated diastolic hypertension (IDH). Of treated hypertensives, 31% had their SBP controlled and 34% their DBP controlled. Of subjects not undergoing antihypertensive drug therapy, 60.8% had congruent SBP and DBP levels, 22.5% were up-staged on the basis of their SBP, and 16.7% were up-staged on the basis of their DBP. SBP alone thus correctly classified JNC-VI staging in 83.3% of subjects vs 77.5% for DBP alone. It was solely among the population >50 years of age, in both sexes, that systolic proved more frequent than diastolic hypertension, ISH greater than IDH prevalence, SBP worse than DBP control, and the percentage of SBP higher than that of DBP up-staged subjects. SBP constitutes a greater community burden than does DBP, and has a greater impact on blood pressure staging in Spain's middle-aged population. However, the differential impact of SBP and DBP upon blood pressure burden and staging is favourable to SBP only among subjects >50 years old. These findings are in accordance with recent guidelines on hypertension management.

Last edited:
1: Curr Cardiol Rep. 2002 Nov;4(6):463-7.

Systolic versus diastolic blood pressure versus pulse pressure.

White WB.
Section of Hypertension and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, 263 Farmington Avenue, Farmington, CT 06030-3940, USA. [email protected]
Elevation of systolic blood pressure (BP) has been recognized as an independent risk factor that far exceeds the risk associated with an elevated diastolic BP in older patients with hypertension. Isolated systolic hypertension (ISH) is a disorder typically defined when the systolic BP is greater than 140 mm Hg but with diastolic BP below 90 mm Hg. Pulse pressure (the difference between systolic and diastolic pressure) has recently become an active area of discussion in the literature as an independent factor of cardiovascular risk. An increased pulse pressure nearly always indicates reduced vascular compliance of large arteries and, by definition, is always increased in patients with isolated systolic hypertension. Although the evidence that a widened pulse pressure is an independent marker of cardiovascular risk is quite well established, therapeutic morbidity and mortality studies in ISH have focused on reductions in systolic pressure. At the present time, outcomes data have not been well established for reductions in pulse pressure in older patients with hypertension.

: J Hum Hypertens. 2002 Mar;16(3):163-7.

Systolic vs diastolic blood pressure: community burden and impact on blood pressure staging.

Banegas JR, de la Cruz JJ, Rodríguez-Artalejo F, Graciani A, Guallar-Castillón P, Herruzo R.
Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health. Universidad Autónoma de Madrid. Madrid, Spain. [email protected]
Systolic blood pressure (SBP) is a more frequent cardiovascular risk factor than diastolic blood pressure (DBP), and has a greater impact on blood pressure staging, though this can vary with age, sex and country. Therefore this paper compares SBP and DBP in terms of community burden and impact on blood pressure staging, among Spain's middle-aged population. Data were drawn from a cross-sectional study on a representative sample of the Spanish population aged 35-64 years. Blood pressure was determined under standardised conditions, and was classified as per WHO-ISH and JNC-VI criteria. Prevalence of SBP > or =140 mm Hg was 34.1%, and that of DBP > or =90 mm Hg, 30.9%. A total of 12% of subjects had isolated systolic hypertension (ISH) and 8.7% had isolated diastolic hypertension (IDH). Of treated hypertensives, 31% had their SBP controlled and 34% their DBP controlled. Of subjects not undergoing antihypertensive drug therapy, 60.8% had congruent SBP and DBP levels, 22.5% were up-staged on the basis of their SBP, and 16.7% were up-staged on the basis of their DBP. SBP alone thus correctly classified JNC-VI staging in 83.3% of subjects vs 77.5% for DBP alone. It was solely among the population >50 years of age, in both sexes, that systolic proved more frequent than diastolic hypertension, ISH greater than IDH prevalence, SBP worse than DBP control, and the percentage of SBP higher than that of DBP up-staged subjects. SBP constitutes a greater community burden than does DBP, and has a greater impact on blood pressure staging in Spain's middle-aged population. However, the differential impact of SBP and DBP upon blood pressure burden and staging is favourable to SBP only among subjects >50 years old. These findings are in accordance with recent guidelines on hypertension management.

good finds dragonfire.

Hawthorne Berry is a good supp for control of BP....It usually helps me in the 2 to 4 gm range....also, remember that arginine is a vasodilator, thusly reducing blood pressure...taken in conjuction should be a formidable natural treatment.

does deca increase your blood pressure?

Really depends on the person using the product. Some people are more sensitive to the effect of anabolic steroids and assiosated blood presure increase than others.

Mine is high as 156/110 PWO and 120/80 or close first thing in the morning. There is some good naturla stuff out there. My friend had a very bad experence on prescription BP meds.

Just finished my first Dec Cycle yesterday

And was just prescribed my first BP med today. :(

Deca kicked my ass as far as BP was concerned. Peace.

Deca raised my BP definitely.

It also seemed to lower the efficiency of my immune system, as everytime i ran deca with a cycle i would get colds and the flu bug.

Other cycles i have ran never got me sick.

I have run deca a few times but only in low dosages, never over 200mgs per week. Am starting a new cycle soon and will monitor it daily.

Deca seems to boost my immune system while on, but seriously kicks my ass once I come off. I usually get the flu and colds right afterwards, especially if the climate is a little colder.

As far as blood pressure is concerned, every doc I have ever spoken to has said to keep an eye on the systolic, i.e. it should never go over 90. I am not a medic, but thats what most medics have told me to watch for, so thats what I do nowadays. My BP has never been an issue. Maybe I'm lucky?

I have run deca a few times but only in low dosages, never over 200mgs per week. Am starting a new cycle soon and will monitor it daily.

Deca seems to boost my immune system while on, but seriously kicks my ass once I come off. I usually get the flu and colds right afterwards, especially if the climate is a little colder.

As far as blood pressure is concerned, every doc I have ever spoken to has said to keep an eye on the systolic, i.e. it should never go over 90. I am not a medic, but thats what most medics have told me to watch for, so thats what I do nowadays. My BP has never been an issue. Maybe I'm lucky?

Your only luck would be in your genetics... that plays a fundamental role in everything including bp. But I think the fact you have the mentality of not going above 200mg deca weekly is probably the primary reason your bp has never been bad.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131