over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

pinning your thighs

MountainMuscle

Registered
Hey guys, does anyone on here inject into their quads?

I have read in some places that this should only be done in children because of the massive vein network in the thigh. Then I have read in other places -- and seen photos -- of users pinning IM into their quads.

I know that the teardrop and top of the quad are very veiny, so by accounts of those users I tested on my upper-outer quad.

Well, I wasted a large number of needles because every time I injected into various locations I hit a nerve. Not a good feeling since it's never happened to me before. It didn't really hurt, just kinda shocked me. BTW, anyone please tell me if this could have caused any type of neurological damage or if it's nothing to worry about.

So what's your all's opinion on pinning the thighs? Please don't respond with "just pin your glutes" :)

Last edited:
yes pinning quads is fine. many people only pin quads. i highly doubt you caused any nerve damage.

I've done the majority of shots in my quads, esp since they are genetically my biggest part. Hit a nerve a few times, hurt but all is good. Actually with stuff like b12 and ghrp6,etc.. ive been tired of stomach shots all the time and dont wanna build up scar tissue so i've been pinching some inner thigh fat and doing my sub q shots there. cant even feel it.

thigh shots are ok, just do them right. Rotate shots, too... hit the booty, then the thigh, then the booty, throw in a deltoid, etc. For me, I've been getting screwed every time I use my deltoid (I'm on trt). Swelling, pain, bruising, blood leaking after inject, so I say forget that. It's ass and thigh time over here. Some people can do triceps and biceps, but I'm a little scared to do that. Lats, traps, and pecs are iffy, also. I'm not super huge, I'd be afraid of hitting a bone or something. Thigh is good, bro.

specific quad locations for IM

Thanks, guys.

Can anyone explain, or direct me to a good website, that discusses where you can pin the quads?

Any help would be appreciated!

I pin quads every week and have yet to hit any nerve or vains. I think it is one of the easiest places to pin.

Quads r easy. Bi's and Pecs tend to be stingy...lol

How long are the needles? You only need 1 inch. Some people use 1 1/2 inch and that makes it much more likely to hit a nerve IMO.

How long are the needles? You only need 1 inch. Some people use 1 1/2 inch and that makes it much more likely to hit a nerve IMO.

I was using 25gauge 1" needles, injecting into various spots on my upper-outer thigh. I must have really been too high or something. My upper thighs are about 25" so there's plenty of meat there.

Where I injected is basically where the picture on howtodoinjections says to do it.

I haven't tried the teardrop quad yet. It looks like it would be easier to do. Any opinions?

I hit my quad on monday for the 1st time and it is aching a lot today...
When i was in bed last night it started hurting...
It seem's to be getting a lil better as the day goes on...

I think I will just stick to the glutes, I never have any pain there...

I was using 25gauge 1" needles, injecting into various spots on my upper-outer thigh. I must have really been too high or something. My upper thighs are about 25" so there's plenty of meat there.

Where I injected is basically where the picture on howtodoinjections says to do it.

I haven't tried the teardrop quad yet. It looks like it would be easier to do. Any opinions?

Dont do the teardrop area, its a bad place to do it. If you stick to the lateral portion of your thigh you will be fine. Unless you are doing more than 2 injections per week I would not use the thigh. Stick to the glutes and rotate between sides.

I hit my quad on monday for the 1st time and it is aching a lot today...
When i was in bed last night it started hurting...
It seem's to be getting a lil better as the day goes on...

I think I will just stick to the glutes, I never have any pain there...

its a good chance its sore only because it was a virgin muscle. They are always sore the first time

pinning, please help!

its a good chance its sore only because it was a virgin muscle. They are always sore the first time

Hey dude, is this true about every muscle for its first injection? After my first two injections ever (done by myself, that is), one into my delt and one week later into my calf, left the muscles sore for over a week. So this is normal for first-time injections and shouldn't be as sore if I choose to pin those sites again?

Also, can someone (all replies welcome!) please help: I REALLY want to just pin my glutes and thighs so that I don't develop scar tissue in any very visible locations, such as my delts. BUT...

But, I could not find the correct location in my upper thigh, I kept hitting a nerve. Can someone describe exactly where the injection should be on the thigh? Can you please be as specific as possible, such as "the site is 2/3 the way up your thigh from your knee to your hip, and inject more on the top side of the thigh than the bottom"? The pictures and photos on injection sites just don't seem to be enough for me to get it :confused:

Also, any tips for pinning the glutes? The first time I tried I had a hard time reaching the injection site, and once I did I had more trouble getting the leverage to inject into the glute on my own. Any help?

Thanks!

Hey dude, is this true about every muscle for its first injection? After my first two injections ever (done by myself, that is), one into my delt and one week later into my calf, left the muscles sore for over a week. So this is normal for first-time injections and shouldn't be as sore if I choose to pin those sites again?

Also, can someone (all replies welcome!) please help: I REALLY want to just pin my glutes and thighs so that I don't develop scar tissue in any very visible locations, such as my delts. BUT...

But, I could not find the correct location in my upper thigh, I kept hitting a nerve. Can someone describe exactly where the injection should be on the thigh? Can you please be as specific as possible, such as "the site is 2/3 the way up your thigh from your knee to your hip, and inject more on the top side of the thigh than the bottom"? The pictures and photos on injection sites just don't seem to be enough for me to get it :confused:

Also, any tips for pinning the glutes? The first time I tried I had a hard time reaching the injection site, and once I did I had more trouble getting the leverage to inject into the glute on my own. Any help?

Thanks!

Really is no reason for you to have to resort to pinning in any area other than your glutes unless youre doing more than 2x per week. If youre doing short esters like prop then yeah youll have to restort to delt etc. No reason in hell you should ever do the calf. Why did you inject into the calf? If youre doing it because you think it might induce site growth you are wrong.
On the thigh just be sure its on the side and id say in the upper 1/2 of you thigh. Somewhere closer to the middle. It should be rather hard to push through because you have to penetrate the IT band. this is a thick fibrous band.

Thanks!
For glutes I place my thumb on my hip. I wrap my index finger around to the upper outer quadrant of the glute. You can feel the muscle there when you find the right spot. I keep my finger there to mark the spot and inject directly below It. This method has worked pretty well for me. I prefer thighs and delts though just because they are easier to reach. You have to find what works best for you.

be sure not to pin too high or too far laterally on the quad, i did one pretty high and lateral and i think i hit my tensor fascae latae or IT band cause i had some serious stiffness and soreness...not pleasant..

Thanks for the help!

Right now I don't need to do any more than one per week, but I will be doing Tren (EOD) this summer so I am trying to prepare my injection sites to minimize scar tissue.

About the calf... I first tried my glutes, and could not do it. At that time I didn't know I could pin my quads. So that time, I pinned my delt (which was pretty painful for a few days).

Next I didn't want to do delts again, and I again couldn't do glutes and didn't think I could my quads, so I pinned my calf. I wasn't doing it for site growth. Incredibly this injection caused STRONG pain for almost a week, and now 12 days later it is still tender.

So, no more delts or calves for me. I hope I will be able to rotate between quads and glutes, guess I just gotta keep trying!

Thanks for the help!

Right now I don't need to do any more than one per week, but I will be doing Tren (EOD) this summer so I am trying to prepare my injection sites to minimize scar tissue.

About the calf... I first tried my glutes, and could not do it. At that time I didn't know I could pin my quads. So that time, I pinned my delt (which was pretty painful for a few days).

Next I didn't want to do delts again, and I again couldn't do glutes and didn't think I could my quads, so I pinned my calf. I wasn't doing it for site growth. Incredibly this injection caused STRONG pain for almost a week, and now 12 days later it is still tender.

So, no more delts or calves for me. I hope I will be able to rotate between quads and glutes, guess I just gotta keep trying!

Quads and glutes will give you four sites, so that should be plenty. You can also try triceps which is pretty darn good.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131