YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

how many calories do you eat above maintenance for growing?

how many calories do you eat above maintenance for growth?

• 0-500

Votes: 41 49.4%
  • 500-1000

Votes: 28 33.7%
  • 1000-1500

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • more than this

Votes: 8 9.6%

• Total voters
I eat as much as possible when growing, A little fat does'nt hurt in a bulker. Any more than that I up my lr3 and its gone. Need 35 pds by march, If your not gaining any fat your not eating enough to grow at max potential.

Really cant remember the last time I actually counted calories

what if your putting on fat? doesn't this indicate that your eating too much? my maintenance caloric intake is about 3100 to 3300 and i'm eating close to 5000 calories; i'm gaining some unnecessary fat and i'm questioning if it there is any positive benefit to it?

Fat for me is like calories in reserve. If I miss some meals I dont have to woory about my body losing muscle. It should use the fat calories to maintain the muscle, still would never get over say 12-15%. Maybe add in some cardio or like I said IGF is great for recompisition.

i eat as much as is required to keep the gains coming. Where i end up in a blast looks nothing like where i started. I dont just eat calories because i randomly picked a number, i start somewhere, and when the gains stop 2 weigh-ins, in a row, i up the calories.

what if your putting on fat? doesn't this indicate that your eating too much? my maintenance caloric intake is about 3100 to 3300 and i'm eating close to 5000 calories; i'm gaining some unnecessary fat and i'm questioning if it there is any positive benefit to it?

Yeah, I would take the daily cals down to about 3800 or so if youre maintaining on 3300. Small increases work just as good at putting on the muscle and you dont get fat at the same time. I tried the overeating thing once and just ended up putting on a lot of excess weight that could have been avoided. I didnt put on muscle any faster doing it, and when you diet down there is a chance youll lose some of it.

I usually start around 500 over and adjust as needed to achieve the results im looking for.

I'm probably on a defferent page then most. I am a hard gainer due my metabolism, even now at 43. Was stuck @ 265 for 4 mnths last bulker eating mostly clean. Plan on throwing in some [dead calories] bacon, icecream, whole milk whatever I can to up my calories. Fat for me is insurance not to burn muscle come spring. Trying to get 275 so I'm 255 in june jacked. EATEATEAT.

I don't count cals anymore, only carbs from time to time. I have my diet dialed in, so when I'm going above maintenance I knew exactly whats going on and have an idea of what my intake is. If I'm not preparing my meals and I'm out of state or eating away from home, that's when I may take a look at the nutritional facts on what I'm taking in.
Like I said, I don't count, heck I don't even count reps anymore.

Really cant remember the last time I actually counted calories

same here. I keep a rough track of grams of protein.... fats and carbs I just adjust to suit how I'm looking.

same here. I keep a rough track of grams of protein.... fats and carbs I just adjust to suit how I'm looking.

Similar here. Protein is what I care about so I make damn sure I never get less than 300G. I try and soot for 350-400g and if I break 400G all the better

What do you all aim to gain in weight per week while cycling? How much is too much?

What do you all aim to gain in weight per week while cycling? How much is too much?

Hard to say because many of us rely on the mirror moreso than the scale. If I'm on my favorite trifecta of tren mast and test the scale might not move very much, say 1lb per week but if I'm getting leaner and more vascular at the same time, its highly likely I'm gaining muscle and losing fat and thus the scale won't testify the whole truth.
Further, there's really no such thing as too much per se. Depending on where you are in your cycle history its possible to gain 5-6lbs a week for a short time but thats dependent on many factors including dose, food intake and training

Provided you are taking adequate "supplements/DVD's", I am a firm believer in higher calorie diets for optimal growth. This was one of the biggest things that helped me take the next step with my training and physique. I always tried staying too lean while gaining and kept my calories in the 3500-3800 range. When I switched up to 4800 plus cals per day of "clean" food I made the absolute best progress of my life without having to adjust dvd dosages..... Everyone is different, but high cals work for me.

I have been wondering the same thing lately. I am gaining weight like crazy! and I can't tell how much is true muscle instead of fat and water. I was 206 on the scale yesterday at 5 pm (eastern time), I just jumped on the scale and I am now 216 and it is 2:45 pm. Is ten pounds possible in less than 24 hours? Possibly water retention because of the 50 mg d-bol I recently threw in? Don't know but it sure does feel good! As a natural lifter I sit at 175 when I am lean so it feels awesome to be a "bulky" 216!

A gain like that in less than 24 hours is primarily water retention... keep an eye on your Blood Pressure.

Right now I'm at 50-55g pro, 30g fat, 40-60g carb per meal... 7-8 meals per day. About 5k'ish? I only count by meals and macros per meal. Walking around at 285ish. Looking to put on another 10-15lbs and stay lean.

I have been wondering the same thing lately. I am gaining weight like crazy! and I can't tell how much is true muscle instead of fat and water. I was 206 on the scale yesterday at 5 pm (eastern time), I just jumped on the scale and I am now 216 and it is 2:45 pm. Is ten pounds possible in less than 24 hours? Possibly water retention because of the 50 mg d-bol I recently threw in? Don't know but it sure does feel good! As a natural lifter I sit at 175 when I am lean so it feels awesome to be a "bulky" 216!

I noticed I'm gaining 6-10lbs 24 hours after inj (test e) during my cycle. It literally happens overnight and then I will piss alot the next day and the weight tapers during the week. I maintain my diet and training consistently.

I think as you get more experience under your belt you could shoot from the hip diet wise. Untill you know, very clearly, how your body will react each time, its really best to have a strict control over what goes in and what goes out. The last thing you want is to get stressed out over a little water weight :eek:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws