YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bad leg injection, can't walk. What should i do?

anabolicscuba

Registered
I took an injection last wednesday (12/21) of 1mL test enan and the next day is started hurting some. By late friday i could barely walk and really hasn't improved since. I got some crutches today to take the weight off of it so hopefully it will heal up. You guys think it is serious enough to go to the doctor or just give it a couple more days to see if it starts healing? I attached a pic of my leg, the left leg you can see is swollen and slight red in an area the size of a goose egg. The red line points to the spot i injected. I usually go higher on the leg and more to the side but I thought this spot would do since it was such a tiny amount.

Attachments

• DSC00819.JPG
    DSC00819.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 449
Damn...is the area feel warm when you touch it?

got to the doc. you dont wanna mess with an infection. if it turns out to be nothing than not a big deal. if it something and you dont get it checked then I can really mess things up for you down the road.

Not saying do not go to the doc. but i had this similar thing happen about two weeks ago pinning in right quad... but im pretty sure i hit a nerve it got really swollen and i wasn't able to flex or lift anything with it... Ice and heat helped it heal and Ibuprofen helped a lot!

Two concerns that come to mind are site infection and blood clot. Signs of infection include heat, erythema (redness), edema (swelling), and site tenderness. Redness extending proximally up the leg could be a worsening sign of infection. Blood clot is less likely but can also be very painful. Antibiotics are needed for the former and low dose 81 mg aspirin for the latter. IMO you need medical evaluation.

i have had injection sites flare up usually everytime i inject in the quad if you have antibiotics take them and get yourself to the doc if it dont get better in five days. I had them pass many times in three or four days usually the inflamation in my case was due to alogt of ba in the gear.but if it dont get better go specially if its geting hot to the touch.

I took an injection last wednesday (12/21) of 1mL test enan and the next day is started hurting some. By late friday i could barely walk and really hasn't improved since. I got some crutches today to take the weight off of it so hopefully it will heal up. You guys think it is serious enough to go to the doctor or just give it a couple more days to see if it starts healing? I attached a pic of my leg, the left leg you can see is swollen and slight red in an area the size of a goose egg. The red line points to the spot i injected. I usually go higher on the leg and more to the side but I thought this spot would do since it was such a tiny amount.

Sorry to hear you are in pain. I've gotta couple thoughts for ya:
-Not to be impolite but I cannot really see much of a lump or redspot in your picture.
-You said you usually hit higher up and more to the side which is good because this site you have the redline to is lower and more central than standard recommendations are for.
-What gauge and length of needle was it? The only time I ever had the red swollen warm welt was when I hit my VG but I did a shallow pin and didn't get it IM. So I'm wondering if maybe you used a slin pin or even a 1" needle but didn't bury it enough?
-Finally, yes if you have a medical problem its wise and prudent to see an MD. Now I'm not sure what country you are in. But if you are in the USA, please note that if you confess to him/her that this limp/lump is from aas injection and these aas are not Rx than that info is going into your permanent medical record. This info will effect things like getting life insurance and the rates you pay and a myriad of other things. Granted yeah you don't have to worry about your MD calling the cops or anything silly like that. But let there be no doubt that there would be ramifications of such a confession.
-Might be too late since you said you were going today. But, perhaps for the future have a supply/stash of antibiotics [amox of keflex] on hand in your ancillary arsenal. If you make the confession 90% says that's all you'll get from them anyway.

Just got back from the doctor. They gave me a script for an antibiotic but said I might not even need it. I actually feel quite a bit better today, so i guess it was just a lot of inflammation. Glad I got the script though because it is good to have on hand like someone already stated.

Was this from a first draw from this vial? First time From a certain sponsor?
If it has a high % of BB, You might want to cut it or bake it.

I'm guessing its a reaction from Benzyl Benzoate, or You hit to close to the IT Band in your quad?

I've had both, me and Benzyl Benzoate don't get along, If its from the BB an Antibiotic will do nothing as it's Not an infection, rather a reaction.
A buddy of mine uses the same Compounding Pharmacy and had the same reaction,he's injected a saline solution at the injection site, and says its reduced the pain and inflammation.
I personally haven't done that, the Pharmacy switched me to hypoallergenic Testosterone.

If it's your IT Band… time

now since you went to the doctor everything is documented and will be in your medical record for the rest of your life

I would save the antibiotics for the future just my imo.

What ended up happening? I had a similar issue with a delt shot a few months back and the doc said it was an infection. Site was red, swollen, painful, and warm. IMO always a good idea to play it safe. As far as I know antibiotics don't hurt your gains

Thats not a red lump :D It happened to me once and my right leg was twice the size of my left. Water spread down to my knee joint (and all my quad) and I couldn't walk at all. Seriously though it's always best to go to a doctor. You don't want to risk a bad infection. From your pics I do think you will be fine and it will just take a week or so before it starts getting better.

Just noticed your last post. I am guessing you didn't take antibiotics. Save them incase it ever happens again. Be careful with hitting new places on the quad or elsewhere.

Last edited:
Depending on where u got ur stuff it could just be a reaction to solvents EO is one that messes with me time to time

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws