YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Can Phil Heath pull off a 2009 Jay Cutler Comeback?

TheAnabolicFreak

Registered
Although I was never a big Phil heath fan I was looking forward to someone winning 9 Sandows and breaking Lee Haney's and Ronnie Coleman's record. I applaud Shawn Rhoden on his win but considering his age and inconsistent conditioning I do feel he will end up being a 1 time Mr O like Dexter Jackson. Phil is still fairly young and doesn't have any major issues (Like Ronnie with a missing lat in 2006 or Dorian without a tricep in 2007). Yes he has a gut but then again who doesn't. Do you guys think realistically he can come back and get another Sandow or two or is he done?

Yes

But this game is as much mental as physical. And what's going in Phil's head is something only Phil knows

I really hope he takes this as a learning opportunity and get better, man's never lost anything basically after he came into his own as a bodybuilder...it's tough on your psyche in that instance

It's funny I was watching a Meadows interview with Sergio, and John talked about how people never expected anything from him (narrow shoulders, wider hips...) so for him losing wasn't as big of a deal, because it was almost part of the deal [emoji846]...that's why he dealt with it so well and won his pro card after 25+ years of competing (something that to me is more impressive than Paul Dilleting your way to an Ironman stage).

Just my thoughts

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Heath was touting himself as coming better this year than ever. I have a hard time believing he will get better when he thought he was at his best and still got beat. He doesn't seem like the type to tell everyone about his injuries but I'm sure he has some ready to go.

Yes Phil can win easily if rhoden doesn’t show up looking retarded again. If Phil was 100 percent on he will take rhoden. If roelly shows up with separation in his legs he’s beating everyone (as long as he’s crisp) and Ramy if he can get his ass dry then he can win.
It’s interesting because everyone in the top 6 has the potential to beat rhoden and everyone has except for Brandon curry.

Olympia just got more exciting

Yes Phil can win easily if rhoden doesn’t show up looking retarded again. If Phil was 100 percent on he will take rhoden. If roelly shows up with separation in his legs he’s beating everyone (as long as he’s crisp) and Ramy if he can get his ass dry then he can win.
It’s interesting because everyone in the top 6 has the potential to beat rhoden and everyone has except for Brandon curry.

Olympia just got more exciting

which is one more reason why i think the judges were leaning towards crowning a new champion. How many more fans are going to be super interested and will tune in next year just to see if Heath can come back as opposed to the same old story as the Olympias have been for the last few decades? Competitive bodybuilding would be way more interesting if you actually believed a handful truly stood a chance of winning the big shows instead of one or two.

Heath left the door open and Shawn walked threw.

It was time for a new representative of pro bodybuilding. Heath is kind of a douche bag. Shawn is what people want to see in this generation. A nice humble quite family man.

As for Heaths physique. Heath murders Shawn from the back and the most muscular. Everything else Shawn exploited, especially the midsection poses. I think Phil really has to eat a shit ton of food to look full and that stomach distention was out of control plus I think he was flat and for his physique to really dominate he has to be full and dry. If he's not 100% then he gets killed and I think Shawn had the tools this year.

I love the change. Not crazy about arm structure on a Mr O but I think he deserved it

Heath left the door open and Shawn walked threw.

It was time for a new representative of pro bodybuilding. Heath is kind of a douche bag. Shawn is what people want to see in this generation. A nice humble quite family man.

As for Heaths physique. Heath murders Shawn from the back and the most muscular. Everything else Shawn exploited, especially the midsection poses. I think Phil really has to eat a shit ton of food to look full and that stomach distention was out of control plus I think he was flat and for his physique to really dominate he has to be full and dry. If he's not 100% then he gets killed and I think Shawn had the tools this year.

I love the change. Not crazy about arm structure on a Mr O but I think he deserved it

To be honest, I don't mind Phil being the representative of pro bodybuilding. I would rather have a good looking guy with a dope Rolex, Rolls Royce, nice ass fucking house, and making millions representing bodybuilding than some ugly ass dude in his basement wearing baggies...I know that's not Rhoden, and I hope Rhoden can become as succesful as Phil and Flex. I want a successful businessman bodybuilder representing the sport to attract more people. That's just my 2 cents, but I agree that Phil left it open and Rhoden came in on point.

Last edited:
Nah he can’t. I don’t see him fixing his gut in a year. It’s way way out of control.

Oh course Phil can win again. I’m just glad to see the best man win! It makes next year’s Olympia real exciting!!! I hope Kai and Wolf compete next year. Rhoden has a beautifully aesthetic body! That has always been my preference. He’s the modern day Serge Nubret.

To be honest, I don't mind Phil being the representative of pro bodybuilding. I would rather have a good looking guy with a dope Rolex, Rolls Royce, nice ass fucking house, and making millions representing bodybuilding than some ugly ass dude in his basement wearing baggies...I know that's not Rhoden, and I hope Rhoden can become as succesful as Phil and Flex. I want a successful businessman bodybuilder representing the sport to attract more people. That's just my 2 cents, but I agree that Phil left it open and Rhoden came in on point.

Problem with Phil is, he's a fucking lame. He's not the player/business type and he only has that chick on his arm because Phil's rich, period.

Money can't un-lame a person.

Rhoden now knows the formula. He'll bring up his triceps and back and hold the crown for some time unless Ramy comes in as dry as Rhoden did.

Ramy coming in the same condition Rhoden did would cause tectonic plates to shift.

As for Heaths physique. Heath murders Shawn from the back and the most muscular.

I don't see it. Rhoden's hands-on-hips most muscular is pure Flex Wheeler. Completely highlights his symmetry, proportion, better delts, legs, and midsection.

Philsulina is dine stick a fork in him..

Phil needs to get off the GH and blast DNP for the next 3 months to get rid of all that visceral fat.

I don't think it's going to happen.

Hell, LAST YEAR Phil could've lost (same gut issue) but there was no competitor that year who had reallllly dialed it in like Rhoden did this year.

Phil newww his gut was a problem last year and obviously he couldn't fix it. IMO, that means its getting worse. I don't think Phil is a lazy guy...he will work. But once your body turns on you, it's done. His front double BI is just baddd now.

And I hate when people say that he lost because the judges wanted a new champion and someone to better rep the IFBB...yeah no shit. But when NO ONE is on par with him, he has to win. Last year, NO ONE was on par with him...and everyone still hated him. This year, Rhoden was on par and even a little better, so he lost.

I have never really understood the hatred for Phil. He seems like a likable guy to me. I don't really see how Rhoden is any more likable when he calls the reigning Mr. Olympia "trash" on one post after the other. Phil won time after time for a reason. He was called the Gift because he was bringing back aesthetics. Now he's not? What makes people think Shawn now won't have to take chances like Phil probably has in order to stay ahead of everyone else?

Shawn complains about Phil not doing anything to advance the sport. How did Ronnie advance it? He basically disappeared for 11 1/2 months every year then came to collect his check and go home.

I like both their physiques and I don't have any problem with Rhoden so I don't really have a dog in this fight. He reminds me of a harder working Flex Wheeler. I won't complain if he wins the next few.

I have never really understood the hatred for Phil. He seems like a likable guy to me. I don't really see how Rhoden is any more likable when he calls the reigning Mr. Olympia "trash" on one post after the other. Phil won time after time for a reason. He was called the Gift because he was bringing back aesthetics. Now he's not? What makes people think Shawn now won't have to take chances like Phil probably has in order to stay ahead of everyone else?

Shawn complains about Phil not doing anything to advance the sport. How did Ronnie advance it? He basically disappeared for 11 1/2 months every year then came to collect his check and go home.

I like both their physiques and I don't have any problem with Rhoden so I don't really have a dog in this fight. He reminds me of a harder working Flex Wheeler. I won't complain if he wins the next few.

What rock have you been living under. Ronnie Coleman travelled he word non-stop promoting bodybuilding. How did you miss this?

Have you ever watched videos of Phil? Not in all but there are plenty of him acting cocky and not so humble like a lot of the other top guys did when they were on top. He gets this reputation for a reason.

Hell I thought even Roelly beat Phil. If his lats just inserted a little lower....

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131