YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tabasco's strength run. (Sponsored by UKgear)

First off, thank you vikinglab for the opportunity to run this log. I've been a strength athlete for many years now, so my biggest goal is running an 8 week cycle to peak for a powerlifting style meet. I've been a fan of running my cruise in a 2-1-2 manner of test/tren/mast for a total of 250mg of gear while cruising. You guys can do that math to break that down. For this strength cycle, I'm going to keep the same ratio of gear, just increase it to a contest level. I'm also going to add in anadrol about 6 weeks before the meet.

I'm not going to get into amounts that I'm running because everyone is different and you really have to find what works best for you. If you want to talk about it just PM me and we can discuss those things, I can only give advice based on my personal experience.

I will weigh in tomorrow morning and kick this thing into gear. I am mainly interested in my 1rm for squat, dead, overhead press, and bench to a slightly lesser degree.

I'll be following. I recently took a short break cruising on the same compounds 25 mg each per day. What lifts do you do at your meet? Or is it different for strongmen and everyone performs the same events ?

I'll be following. I recently took a short break cruising on the same compounds 25 mg each per day. What lifts do you do at your meet? Or is it different for strongmen and everyone performs the same events ?

Right, strongman the events are different for each contest. It all depends on the events the promoter chooses. The promoter also chooses the weights, unless one of the events is a max. So all weight classes do the same events, it's just the weights that are different depending on class.

In strongman there is typically an overhead press of some kind, there should be a version of a deadlift, you'll carry something and possible load something. We don't really squat as an event, but a good front squat or safety bar squat carries over to strongman very well.

Weighed in at 209.8 this morning after a piss with no food. I plan to compete at 198, so I'll keep my calories at around 3500-4000 depending on where my weight is going. I know if I run 3,000 calories and 3 cardio days weekly I'll maintain around 204. If I can make it to contest week at around 208, I can easily water drop the 10lbs to compete. That's my current plan right now. My last run with anadrol didn't effect my weigh much because I kept my diet under control, but the strength gain was noticeable. Last week I worked up to 3 sets of heavy singles on overhead press and deadlift, so I have a good gauge on where my strength is starting at.

First week into the cycle. I kept calories pretty even for the week and woke up at 210 even this morning. I'm not expecting much weight gain to be honest until I start the anadrol. I do expect a little bit of a recomp though. Strength is where it should be. I'm hitting all my numbers currently, but it's the beginning of a training cycle too. We'll see in about 3 weeks. I programmed into my training a gym pr with overhead press in three weeks, and a gym pr on deadlifts in 4 weeks. I overhead press and bench on the same day, hitting overhead first. Bench feels strong. I can't comment on squats because last week was all speed work.

I will log more frequently when I feel this cycle is really kicking in. One thing to note, drawing and pinning the oil is very smooth with no PIP.

I love strength training and sports so I will follow along. I compete in powerlifting. Get those gains.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Starting my 3rd week and I'm sitting at 214.2 this morning. I traveled over the weekend so diet wasn't spot on. Lifts last week felt like shit for the most part, but I think the changing seasons and starting a new job had impacted me more that I bargained for. Injectable Anadrol starts this week. I'll be dosing am and pwo. I'm sending in my entry this week and buying a singlet for the meet.

After a week of mostly clean eating and starting conditioning, I'm right at 210 this morning. I had an active day of yardwork yesterday too. In the gym, the weights are feeling lighter than normal. Deadlifts were flying off the floor last week and squats were easy. Bench felt easy too, and I even shortened my rest periods between sets.

Attachments

• 20161107_053635.jpg
    20161107_053635.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 227
Decided to jump in for an update. Strength is rising. I hit 7 triples deadlifting last night, and sets 6-7 were as fast and easy as the first. I also added weight to my assistance lifts. Bench today felt easy. After bench today I hit a few sets up seated dumbbell press. For some reason I drew an audience. I normally don't do those, so I guess some guys were impressed. It was a great two days of training so far this week.

These oils are the thinnest I've ever used. I've been pinning the anadrol with a 29g slin pin with no problems. The biggest problem I have is breaking the skin actually lol.

I love reading such reviews :D
get us some pics if you have.

I've been doing consistent conditioning at this point. Bodyweight is hovering around 210 still. That's fine for me because my meet is going off coefficient for best lifter. I have been noticing a bit of a recomp effect. Weights are moving very well also. I don't see a reason why I can't PR across the board. Deadlifts tonight.

What is your height? And great log by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, end to end that log is 8' long.

I'm 5'8" last I checked. I haven't checked my height in a while, but I suspect that carrying 800lb yokes has affected that somewhat.

Deadlifts felt light tonight on the crappy gym bar. I warmed up to 495 unbelted before getting into my working sets. I added weight and a belt and the program called for 5 triples. Last set felt easy so I hit 5 reps, I probably could have hit 7. I'll update again after bench and squat day. Weights are moving well and I'm feeling good on this cycle. All the products feel spot on.

Attachments

• 20161114_174823.jpg
    20161114_174823.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 194
Weights are continuing to move well. After 5 sets of heavy triples of bench, I moved up to what I thought my opener was going to be and smoked it. Looks like I'm opening a bit higher than I originally thought.

Weights are continuing to move well. After 5 sets of heavy triples of bench, I moved up to what I thought my opener was going to be and smoked it. Looks like I'm opening a bit higher than I originally thought.

When is your competition and what are your planned openers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12/3 is the meet. I've never powerlifted before, just strictly strongman and a little bit of highland games.

Openers I think are going to be 525 squat, 315 bench, and 605 deadlift. I have 4 national records I'm aiming to beat. 2 of them I feel will be easy, and two of them will be hard but possible.

squats is the one lift I'm most concerned about. I worked up to a single at 500 and took video. Depth was questionable. In strongman we almost never have a squat, I've always used it as just an accessory type lift. I rarely do 1 rep maxes on squat, and just do deep reps. But also when walking out the 500 I hit the rack and stumbled a bit taking about 4 unnecessary steps to get set right. Pissed me off but I squatted anyway. I got a thumbs up from an onlooker so he thought it looked good lol. Anyway, the weight didn't really feel heavy. I put in quite a bit of work yesterday, and my recovery is high.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear