over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bulking and doing cardio

How many fellas do cardio during bulking season?

• No..... None whatsoever

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • Yes but minimal.... a few times a week

Votes: 64 62.7%
  • Yes... do cardio every single day

Votes: 26 25.5%

• Total voters

mytreefiddy

IFBB PRO / Featured Member / Verified Customer
IFBB PROS
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Just curious.....How many of you fellas do cardio during your bulking season?....

No. Can't gain weight for Shit with cardio in there. I do 20 rep squats, that gets the heart rate up for a good while

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
If you are on tren and/or 10+ius of gh... sex is one hell of a cardio work out...

I do mainly for health reasons. I run a couple miles 2-3 times a week at 235-250, 5'11". Keeps me lean lets me eat more freely and I feel so much better. Plus my appetite never goes away I dont need ridiculous peptides to increase my hunger lol

I think doing at least light cardio is a good idea, but everyone is different.

If you are on tren and/or 10+ius of gh... sex is one hell of a cardio work out...

yea it sucks being out of breath just from screwing a girl

I usually don't except maybe once a week when trying to build size

Yes, 20-30 minutes post work out each training session which is 4x week offseason.
Its good for your heart, metabolism and even helps keep your appetite up and stimulated.

Yes, 20-30 minutes post work out each training session which is 4x week offseason.
Its good for your heart, metabolism and even helps keep your appetite up and stimulated.

I remember reading Meadows saying in a post a while ago that cardio post training is counter productive when trying to grow. He used scientific terms that I don't remember.

I remember reading Meadows saying in a post a while ago that cardio post training is counter productive when trying to grow. He used scientific terms that I don't remember.

This is why I will not do it anymore(and Id often do it pre contest).
For offseason, I would do it 2-3x a week, fasted for health reasons as well as appetite stimulation.

I do fasted cardio in the mornings....gonna start off EOD and see how that goes...don't want to cut it out completely but don't want it hindering progress either.

I don't do any cardio during bulking,, but I notice I get winded easily too,, so probably a good idea to do some at least

I do fasted cardio in the mornings....gonna start off EOD and see how that goes...don't want to cut it out completely but don't want it hindering progress either.

Might hinder gains and be more than needed at eod.

I don't do any cardio during bulking,, but I notice I get winded easily too,, so probably a good idea to do some at least

I have the same problem, which is why I need to stop going through phases of not doing cardio

Damn! ...I have been doing it this way for years! I could have been HUGE! ;):D

It depends what kind of offseason I have. I blast and cruise. When I am blasting and trying to out on as much weight as possible I try to avoid any kind of cardio, but that juat only 2-3 months a year last few years. When I cruise my weight training sessions are more like cardio sessions-very fast pace,lots of reps, dropaets, superset, I train with weights like that eod and on top of that I have 1-1.5 hour muay thai training sessions eod. I look totally different and feel totally different in those offseasons

Cardio is a fat burning tool in my book. If you are already lean...like 10-12%, I would refrain from doing cardio except for like once a week. If bulking is your goal…id rather save those calories for the sole purpose of growth, instead of burning them during cardio.

Once youre lean, it is simply your diet that will keep you lean. If you are getting way too fat during your bulking process, then your carbs are simply too high, or you are not cycling them in and out enough.

So if you begin to spill over and get too fat and watery, that’s when the carbs gotta come back down, you bring in your “Cardio Tool” ….bang out some mileage on your feet….remove the water and fat off your body for a good 2 days…and then boom, begin your bulking process again. And you repeat the process if you spill over again. Staying lean while bulking is your best bet….

I'm in the "tough to put good weight on" group so I've decided I'm going to just leave it for the weekends..LOL..I'm pretty lean to begin with...kind of an ecto. If i see shit gettin' outta hand then i'll implement more.

Cardio is a fat burning tool in my book. If you are already lean...like 10-12%, I would refrain from doing cardio except for like once a week. If bulking is your goal…id rather save those calories for the sole purpose of growth, instead of burning them during cardio.

Once youre lean, it is simply your diet that will keep you lean. If you are getting way too fat during your bulking process, then your carbs are simply too high, or you are not cycling them in and out enough.

So if you begin to spill over and get too fat and watery, that’s when the carbs gotta come back down, you bring in your “Cardio Tool” ….bang out some mileage on your feet….remove the water and fat off your body for a good 2 days…and then boom, begin your bulking process again. And you repeat the process if you spill over again. Staying lean while bulking is your best bet….

It's a lot more than just a fat burning tool.. All of us should be conscious of the health benefits. Fasted cardio a couple times a week to stimulate appetite goes a long way on a bulk. It certainly won't take away from gains. Remember, DC advocates this.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity