over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Once and for all - Saturated fat

BigMatt

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Once and for all , Is saturated fat Bad for Heart discease?

I mean if look look at Asian and black people diet, they eat virtually no alot of Saturated fat and cholesterol and they got the lowest heart dicease...

I just want to skim tru the bullshit.

Focus on inflammation.

There's a balance to everything. Too much of anything is bad for you. That goes for saturated fat too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting read.....thanks.......Moderation as well as physical activity is key

There's some revelation that those whom are carries of allele type APO-E 4/4 and 3/4 may wanna consider a low fat, including a saturated fat diet.

As a carrier of APO-E 4, there's a strong correlation with Alzheimer's disease.

Most of my daily cals come from fats and MCT's. I'm a 3/3 allele type. Given that, I metabolize fats efficiently, or so according to some literature. My HDL hovers in the mid 70's and triglycerides in the 70's. That doesn't necessarily equate to longevity or overall good cardiovascular health if a one has a out of proportion of dysfunctional HDL. Not to many places test for dysfunctional HDL. The Cleveland Clinic is the only place that I'm aware of.

The nitch tho, I have genetically high Lp(a). So no matter how good my HDL is, it gets Sh#t by lipoprotein(a).

Your cholesterol in general(not absolute) is plus or minus 15-20% effected by dietary intake.The majority is heredity/genetics and as thinker48 mentioned inflammation etc....The bodies answer/relief for inflammation is to soothe/counteract with more cholesterol. That's in a nutshell

Once and for all , Is saturated fat Bad for Heart discease?

I mean if look look at Asian and black people diet, they eat virtually no alot of Saturated fat and cholesterol and they got the lowest heart dicease...

I just want to skim tru the bullshit.

Is saturated fat bad for heart disease? Like stewies example and for people with heart disease/high risk/certain conditions it should be watched. In the general population will it cause heart disease ? No

Last edited:
There's some revelation that those whom are carries of allele type APO-E 4/4 and 3/4 may wanna consider a low fat, including a saturated fat diet.

As a carrier of APO-E 4, there's a strong correlation with Alzheimer's disease.

Most of my daily cals come from fats and MCT's. I'm a 3/3 allele type. Given that, I metabolize fats efficiently, or so according to some literature. My HDL hovers in the mid 70's and triglycerides in the 70's. That doesn't necessarily equate to longevity or overall good cardiovascular health if a one has a out of proportion of dysfunctional HDL. Not to many places test for dysfunctional HDL. The Cleveland Clinic is the only place that I'm aware of.

The nitch tho, I have genetically high Lp(a). So no matter how good my HDL is, it gets Sh#t by lipoprotein(a).

Stewie have u had your gene testing done mate to get this info ? You talk about this allele stuff. I got to see lot of it in my DNA gene testing report.

Stewie have u had your gene testing done mate to get this info ? You talk about this allele stuff. I got to see lot of it in my DNA gene testing report.

Yes I had my APO-E allele pulled a few years ago. Along with a few other "exotic" tests. Moreso for clotting factors, drug metabolism rate (CYP2D9 and 3A4) stroke and M.I risk, fatty acid profile and a Spectracell vitamin and mineral panel and VAP (which is no longer available).

I never had the DNA test like you had posted a month or so back.

Last edited:
Stewie

Stewie-
If you are AE4 3/3 then yes indeed you are at higher risk for Alzheimer's. I have a free ebook on my site you can DL and at the end are the anti-AD supplements which happen to work. HGH is also very anti-Alzheimer's and there have even been (unbelievably enough) 1-2 clinical trials. I have a clinical trial going at the moment with early Alzheimer's patients and so far so good so fingers crossed here.

Regarding dysfunctional HDL we are pretty much sure it's dysfunctional if it's over 90 and just "set up the environment" if that or Lpa is too high. I'm sure you are doing that,right? I too am not aware other than CC but I haven't checked Mayo.....is your level of 70 dysfunctional?(Crap what a waste if so...)

Right environment to discourage small LDL particles to stick to arteries:

No OS/No inflammation/No glycation (AM glucose less than 85), normalize cortisol......

The lab that was doing LP-PLA2 for Labcorp and Quest just went bankrupt about a week ago and this has been a GREAT indicator of whether or not someone is placquing,am sure you know yours and know it's a better number to follow than anything. Problem is, at the moment there is no Lp-PLA2! If you track this down before I do please let me know.

Happy Sunday,
Dr.Kim

email notification for thread,forgot it

Sorry.Want to hear this brilliant discussion.

Stewie-
If you are AE4 3/3 then yes indeed you are at higher risk for Alzheimer's. I have a free ebook on my site you can DL and at the end are the anti-AD supplements which happen to work. HGH is also very anti-Alzheimer's and there have even been (unbelievably enough) 1-2 clinical trials. I have a clinical trial going at the moment with early Alzheimer's patients and so far so good so fingers crossed here.

Regarding dysfunctional HDL we are pretty much sure it's dysfunctional if it's over 90 and just "set up the environment" if that or Lpa is too high. I'm sure you are doing that,right? I too am not aware other than CC but I haven't checked Mayo.....is your level of 70 dysfunctional?(Crap what a waste if so...)

Right environment to discourage small LDL particles to stick to arteries:

No OS/No inflammation/No glycation (AM glucose less than 85), normalize cortisol......

The lab that was doing LP-PLA2 for Labcorp and Quest just went bankrupt about a week ago and this has been a GREAT indicator of whether or not someone is placquing,am sure you know yours and know it's a better number to follow than anything. Problem is, at the moment there is no Lp-PLA2! If you track this down before I do please let me know.

Happy Sunday,
Dr.Kim
Umm, this is the first I've heard that the genotype 3/3 is at inherited risk for Alzheimer’s. Care to share your clinical research stating so? Thanks.

I've discussed this with some of the leading cardiologist and Lipidologists; from the likes of Dr. Davis (I'm a member of Track your plaque and Cureality) as well with Dr. Steven (Cardiologist) of the Cleveland Clinic and Dr. James Underberg (Lipidologist)of NYU Langone.

From all the above, the allele 4/4 has been implemented as a risk factor for AD. And 3/3 being neutral.

Last edited:
Umm, this is the first I've heard that the genotype 3/3 is at inherited risk for Alzheimer’s. Care to share your clinical research stating so? Thanks.

I've discussed this with some of the leading cardiologist and Lipidologists; from the likes of Dr. Davis (I'm a member of Track your plaque and Cureality) as well with Dr. Steven Nissen(Cardiologist) of the Cleveland Clinic and Dr. James Underberg (Lipidologist)of NYU Langone.

From all the above, the allele 4/4 has been implemented as a risk factor for AD. And 3/3 being neutral.

Edit: Add in Dr. Nissen's last name.

Liu Y, Yu JT, Wang HF, Han PR, Tan CC, Wang C, et al. APOE genotype and neuroimaging markers of Alzheimer's disease: systematic review and meta-analysis. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2014 May 16. [Medline].

Liu CC, Kanekiyo T, Xu H, Bu G. Apolipoprotein E and Alzheimer disease: risk, mechanisms and therapy. Nat Rev Neurol. 2013 Feb. 9(2):106-18.

Liu Y, Yu JT, Wang HF, Han PR, Tan CC, Wang C, et al. APOE genotype and neuroimaging markers of Alzheimer's disease: systematic review and meta-analysis. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2014 May 16. [Medline].

Not a totally neutral genetic type,a slight increase in risk,which can be completely eradicated with the right regimen

Liu CC, Kanekiyo T, Xu H, Bu G. Apolipoprotein E and Alzheimer disease: risk, mechanisms and therapy. Nat Rev Neurol. 2013 Feb. 9(2):106-18.

Not a totally neutral genetic type,a slight increase in risk,which can be completely eradicated with the right regimen

All three of those citations speak nothing of the genotype 3/3. Only 4/4 and the correlation of AD.

Good morning, Dr. Kim.

For the sake of conversation on the Sciences related to AD. Given that, from all of my learning's and research has indicated allele type APO-e4 as a direct correlation over all the allele's. I'm always up for learning something new :)

By no means am I in dissent on potential epigenetics involved with the manifestation of AD. More so and specifically, the hypermethylation of ANK1 gene expression. Not to mention other etiologies. Such as being punched in the head multiple times leading to Chronic traumatic encephalopathy. Everyone wants to be a MMA fighter :( Heck even uncontrolled OSA has been associated with AD via demyelination. There's such a huge area involved with epigenetics and diseased states.

Good conversation :)

Wish I understood anything that was being said here

Time to start reading again :a:tion-sm

Many of the studies i have seen seem to point processed meets as being a major contributor to heart disease. As many in the US that eat a lot of red meat eat bacon, lunch meat etc. For those that just eat some of the lower fat red meats seem to have a disease rate more in line with chicken and fish etc.

Morning Stewie et al!

Good morning, Dr. Kim.

For the sake of conversation on the Sciences related to AD. Given that, from all of my learning's and research has indicated allele type APO-e4 as a direct correlation over all the allele's. I'm always up for learning something new :)

By no means am I in dissent on potential epigenetics involved with the manifestation of AD. More so and specifically, the hypermethylation of ANK1 gene expression. Not to mention other etiologies. Such as being punched in the head multiple times leading to Chronic traumatic encephalopathy. Everyone wants to be a MMA fighter :( Heck even uncontrolled OSA has been associated with AD via demyelination. There's such a huge area involved with epigenetics and diseased states.

HI Stewie, good morning to you!

I have hundreds of papers and unpublished studies gathered up to do my PPT presentation at A4M and A5M when I have the second round of hippocampal scans and the 5th round of N-P testing on my Azlheimer's patients. Yes,what you are reading out there is that 3/3 is average risk but new data (I'm sorry I have it somewhere in my list) shows it is slight increase.Sorry if I sent old data-I haven't really sorted through my "pile" adequately.....

IMHO the effect of the DNA is less than the effect of excitotoxins like artificial sweetners,diacetyl or MSG...or synthetic estrogens...or HEAD TRAUMA. There are even papers suggesting BB puts guys at increased risk-haven't read these yet so don't know the mechanism-these are all studies in progess.....

Re epigenetics as you well know we are CONSTANTLY undergoing epigenetic manipulation with our diets, for example. For those who are getting lost with your resident genius Stewie and I here chatting here is what this means. What this means in simple terms is say you have genes for diabetes. When you eat clean you "down-regulate" those genes. When you eat a HAPPY MEAL you "up-regulate" those genes. Get it?

My AD research involves a lot of epigenetic research....all the factors and there are a LOT that go into making someone "get" AD which starts happening 25 years PRIOR to clinical symptoms with detectable amyloid which is why I beat the TAKE A GOOD CURCUMINOID drum so much -for inflammation yes,but it also dissolves amyloid. Does it prevent AD? We do not know as the amyloid is chicken-egg situation.

We DO know high cortisols which ALL BB"s have due to intense physical stress on the body DOES up the chances of AD and IMHO I believe this will be one of the main "mechanisms" elucidated as the BB-AD connection.

And Stewie,you have good docs but do ANY of them talk about cortisol and it's role in placquing-if you see a prior post you will see I listed cortisol levels and they play quite a role in all diseases including CAD and this is the one factor I've noticed even good preventive cardiologists are not addressing.

OK enough for one post and I agree-

Best-Happy Monday!
Dr.Kim

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads