over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Carbs pwo if not hungry?

Thebigone

Kilo Klub Member
I'm never hungry post workout but I always have 50g whey isolate and 50g waxymaize. Usually about two hours post workout is when I'm hungry and I'm currently dieting so would it be fine just to not have the waxy maize and just have the whey isolate post workout? Then two hours later have my regular meal of chicken and rice?

Well...what are your current goals? If its size...id either drink the carbs anyways even though youre not hungry...or have that meal sooner. @ hours is too long for me without carbs

i cant ever eat post......takes me at least an hour before
food is even an option.

as long as you have a good pre and intra....30gm eaa, bcaa, glut.
i feel you will be fine...with just eating when you are ready..

:cool:

I agree with both replies. If you have a good pre and intra set up there is no rush to eat post workout. I don't believe in force feeding as such but if size was my main goal and I wasn't hungry I would have a shake like heavyhitter suggests. I see you are dieting so definitely just eat when hungry. I find it's good to not eat loads around workouts especially when dieting.

Although one suggestion would be some aminos such as Amino Nitro. They are just tablets and qon't effect your appetite so you could have 1-2 packs post workout if no intra shake was used. Then just eat your normal meal when hungry.

Like these guys said I don't really believe in force feeding..that's me personally though, I never had to nor will I ever have to force feed that's just my body type. I'm always hungry after training offseason or dieting but there have been those workouts offseason where I'm a little nauseous afterwards and I'll just wait a little longer to eat something.

I think it comes down to your body type..If you have a fast metabolism and need to force calories to grow then eat the food regardless of if you're hungry or not..if you're like me you can wait..just my opinion.

I'm never hungry post workout but I always have 50g whey isolate and 50g waxymaize. Usually about two hours post workout is when I'm hungry and I'm currently dieting so would it be fine just to not have the waxy maize and just have the whey isolate post workout? Then two hours later have my regular meal of chicken and rice?
I have whey isolate and carb 10 immediately following training followed by a solid meal around an hour later.

I don't get complicated with it. I eat chicken and rice with some type of sauce a hour to hour in a half pre work out. It takes chicken 3-4 hours hours to digest. So there is still carbs and protein being released. I almost feel like pre is most important. And carbs are not fully depleted after one workout, your glycogen will not b depleted after a work out.

I'm naturally an endo/meso(more endo) so it's hard for me to lose muscle but hard to lose body fat. I'm currently dieting so I guess what I'm trying to say is if I don't have those carbs immediately post workout and just have whey and bcaa's it's not going to cause any muscle loss correct?

I think cortisol soars during training, this starts turning protein into glucose and thus makes you not hungry. I eat after training even when not hungry to stop the catabolic cascade.

I have no idea if it works or not, but it makes sense. I'm way too lazy to do the 3-6 month trial and error test that would probably be necessary to see any difference, and even then I don't know if I could tell due to too many other factors.

Cortisol makes me feel great, full of energy, not hungry, even euphoric.

I think cortisol soars during training, this starts turning protein into glucose and thus makes you not hungry. I eat after training even when not hungry to stop the catabolic cascade.

I have no idea if it works or not, but it makes sense. I'm way too lazy to do the 3-6 month trial and error test that would probably be necessary to see any difference, and even then I don't know if I could tell due to too many other factors.

Cortisol makes me feel great, full of energy, not hungry, even euphoric.

lol, you are the only person who i ever herd say the whole glycolysis
process...(which ultimately causes very high LACTATE accumulation).
as euphoric.....makes me nauseous....

now you may be referring to the PROCESS BEFORE the "build up"
during training...???

this build up in lactic acid, I BELIEVE is the reason i cannot eat right after
training....the thought of food makes me wanna puke.

I am a fan of whey iso in unsweetend vanilla almond milk and pop tarts pwo. 1.5c almond milk and 2 scoops TN whey tastes very, very good and is on the thicker side like a treat. And the pop tarts are pretty calorically dense so 75g carbs is in 2 of them with relatively low fat. And there are enough tasty varieties to always have something appealing. If I'm feeling full I just drop the almond milk and the meal takes up very little stomach space for 50g pro/75g carb.

I don't eat anything for at least and hr before the gym, I drink water while training so I know by the end of the workout my body is ready for some carbs and pro. Years back I used to feed a big mean pre, and then try to drink carbs during but it made me feel like shit and actually took my pump down it felt like. My theory on this is the blood or at least a good portion fit was in my tummy trying to deal with the food, and not in the muscles. I find that if I and a little hungry, but i start the workout with no food in my stomach, I am not hungry after training for about 5 min, then directly after the workout within a few min I will to a shake. I used to do some slin at this time to back in the day when I was pushing the envelope.

I find if I don't eat before or drink carbs during I am super hungry about 5 min after I train and the shake goes right through me and I am ready for a big refeed meal like 45 min after the shake.

Good luck bro!

Ice cubes and water 1 3/4 cup. (measurement includes both ice and water in measuring cup) 2 scoop of Isopur Vanilla, 2 hands full of Quaker Oats and 1 Banana. Turns into a nice PWO shake.

during training...???

training....the thought of food makes me wanna puke

:yeahthat:

I'm currently doing my under grad research on leucine post workout supplementation and were having problems with the participants not wanting to eat after training.

Tenny is right PA --> LA -- > = no response to food. I'm hit or miss. I'm extremely hungry or not at all. I was going out for sushi post legs yesterday so i slammed 50g whey as we left and just ate sushi for my carbs 30 mins later.

Feed yourself a little Pepto Pro,Eaa,Glutamine,Creatine, During Workout with some hbcd and no need to eat immediately after you have been feeding muscles throughout your whole workout. Post Workout I like something like dymatize iso-100 because it is hydrolyzed isolate sits real easily on stomach very light and rapidly absorbed.

Could be the waxy maize, try HBCD or even Karbolyn instead and try drinking it Intra with some hyrdo whey rather than Post w/o. This is what I do and I cant wait to get out of the gym to eat usually. The waxy may be bogging you down possibly as I find it sits pretty heavily in the stomach. But I also feel there is no absolute rush to go home and eat, esp in not hungry, but do make sure intra is covered.

Could be the waxy maize, try HBCD or even Karbolyn instead and try drinking it Intra with some hyrdo whey rather than Post w/o. This is what I do and I cant wait to get out of the gym to eat usually. The waxy may be bogging you down possibly as I find it sits pretty heavily in the stomach. But I also feel there is no absolute rush to go home and eat, esp in not hungry, but do make sure intra is covered.

Yea Pretty much what I said and I Personally hated Waxy Maize but that is me. Feed Intra and you are golden!!!:headbang:

during training...???

training....the thought of food makes me wanna puke.

Well in theory gluconeogenesis is process that actually happening when you are catabolic. If it's from training, maybe it's more lactate than amino acids, but when it's amino acids being turned into glucose, those amino acids are coming from high levels of cortisol breaking down muscle primarily.

Cortisol is what makes you feel euphoric. This is what all the IF people are feeling great on. Or when you go so long between meals, where you aren't even hungry anymore, you can feel it. Or even when you feel great during fasted AM cardio, I think that is primarily the cortisol. Prednisone and hydrocortisone injections make me feel euphoric also.

I've seen some studies that show very high cortisone from resistance training, so I assume that is what is causing it.

As for puking during training, that is a mild state of shock, which involves shutting down blood flow to the digestive tract, causing nausea I believe, but I could easily be wrong.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear