Talk Live To IFBB Professional BodyBuilders And Athletes About Steroids, Nutrition And Training   Synthetek Muscle Building And Fat Loss Products  
Synthetek Muscle Building And Fat Loss Products    Talk Live To IFBB Professional BodyBuilders And Athletes About Steroids, Nutrition And Training    Synthetek Muscle Building And Fat Loss Products

Synthetek Muscle Building And Fat Loss Products               Synthetek Muscle Building And Fat Loss Products

ŠALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2002-2017
CHATROOM
THIS SITE BEST VIEWED IN MINIMUM 1440 x 900 SCREEN RESOLUTION
Synthetek Muscle Building And Fat Loss Products               Synthetek Muscle Building And Fat Loss Products

Automatic Translations (Powered by Google, Microsoft& Apertium):
Arabic Bulgarian Catalan Chinese Czech Danish Dutch English Estonian Finnish French German Greek Haitian Creole Hebrew Hindi Hungarian Indonesian Italian Japanese Korean Latvian Lithuanian Norwegian Polish Portuguese Romanian Russian Slovak Slovenian Spanish Swedish Taiwanese Thai Turkish Ukrainian Vietnamese
Go Back   Professional Muscle > Computer Forum > Computer, Software and Technology Forum
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Buy Needles And Syringes With No Prescription           CHEAP and PURE BULK SUPPLEMENTS
Buy Needles And Syringes With No Prescription           CHEAP and PURE BULK SUPPLEMENTS
PM
Facebook
PM
Youtube
PM Mobile App
(Android)
PM
Pinterest
PM
Twitter
Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-30-2016, 04:33 AM
Registered Member

Ultra HD 4k tv recommendations.

I havent owned a TV in a while as my desktop and laptop provide me with everything I need.

However I was at a friends place who owned a 4K tv and the resolution was amazing. I want to buy one. 90% of me using the TV would be to watch music VEVO HD videos. I want to stay around 40 inches. I do not care about cable sports etc.

What would you recommend. Can I buy something like this that doesnt have smart functionality (and attach chromecast)

Amazon.com: Seiki SE42UMS 42-Inch 4K Ultra HD LED TV (2015 Model): Electronics Amazon.com: Seiki SE42UMS 42-Inch 4K Ultra HD LED TV (2015 Model): Electronics

If I were to do that, would the resolution still be transmitted VIA chromecast.

Or would I need a SMART TV Ultra HD like this (which costs a little bit more)

Amazon.com: VIZIO M50-C1 50-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2015 Model): Electronics Amazon.com: VIZIO M50-C1 50-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2015 Model): Electronics

Old 01-30-2016, 07:04 AM
Registered Member

Right now with 4K you're ahead of technology for what's available. There's really not a whole lot out for 4K at this time. You can upgrade your Netflix account to view 4K and that's about $15 a month. There's not to many movies on 4K to view on there yet but there a ton of shows in 4K. Same with Amazon prime there is more of a movie selection on there and there are also a ton of Amazon prime shows in 4K. I think they have a 4K blu ray player but they're pretty spendy. I would go with the smart tv that's what I got what the vizio 4K smart tv

Last edited by machomadness22; 01-30-2016 at 07:05 AM.
Old 01-30-2016, 09:14 AM
Registered Member

Is it just in my head, but even if the video is 1020 p it looks better on 4k than other screen?
Old 01-30-2016, 01:12 PM
Registered Member

1080 up sampled to 4k could defiantly look worse then 1080 playing on a display with native 1080.  With 20/20 vision you'd have to sit 3-4ft from a 40" display, to tell it is 4k, and not 1080. Unless you are using it as a computer monitor, which currently have scaling issues, id say no,

Last edited by rGrimes; 01-30-2016 at 01:14 PM.
Old 01-30-2016, 01:27 PM
Registered Member

I have a Samsung curved and love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pupu likes this.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:45 AM
Featured Member / Kilo Klub

The OLED displays are the best out now. Im not sold on getting one with a curved screen, to me it distorts the picture some. Myself, I wont be shopping for one unless my current 1080p tv dies on me or when tv channels start broadcasting in 4k. Like someone else said, Netflix has 4k now but most of the shows are going to be upscaled only. I think there are very few movies out now on bluray that are 4k too. I would wait a bit, plus the price should come down some.
Old 05-11-2016, 10:19 PM
Kilo Klub Member

The blacks on the OLED screens are AMAZING! It just makes the picture so intense. It doesn't seem like you're watching a screen so much as looking through a window, if you know what I mean.
Old 05-12-2016, 02:32 AM
Kilo Klub Member

DirecTV has a decent amount of 4k content and some 4k channels already. Netflix has 4k, some others will be adopting it. We will see a big push this year or next. Ultra HD BluRay as well, and with Playstation 4 Neo coming out it should play Ultra HD BluRay which gives you an inexpensive player + gaming console.

As far as OLED goes, it's a year or two out on mass production. Right now you gotta want to spend the big bucks to get what's going to be mainstream in a couple of years. If you want great picture quality with good dark blacks get a UHD LED TV that has FALD. The cheaper TV's out there are edge lit and you can tell from looking at them, you get that nasty bloom around the outside edges of the TV that causes the blacks to look washed out. FALD is area dimming across the screen and works much better to preserve the dark blacks. I just picked up a Vizio P series, the 65" 4k TV is under $2 grand and it really kicks ass.
Old 05-20-2016, 12:31 AM
Registered Member

Super simple-

Lowend- I'd do the Vizio M series 60 inch - 2016 model since it has HDR

Mid range- the Vizio P series - a bit more money but more specced out

High end- the 2015 LG ef9500. OLED HDR 10. pretty decent

if you have money to burn go the 2016 version of the above which is the g6 if you have to have the absolute latest.
Old 05-22-2016, 09:11 PM
Newbie Registered Member

Text automatically translated from: Dutch to: English
Translated text
Original text
Sparky70 likes this.
Old 05-31-2016, 02:55 AM
Registered Member

not samsung anymore...they are putting ads in their TVs. gone to shit.

vizio on low/mid range and LG on high end.
Old 05-31-2016, 03:28 AM
Kilo Klub Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky View Post
not samsung anymore...they are putting ads in their TVs. gone to shit.

vizio on low/mid range and LG on high end.
Ads in the TVs? How does that work? Never heard of that.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:30 AM
Registered Member

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericraven2003 View Post
Ads in the TVs? How does that work? Never heard of that.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/samsung-t...133707516.html
ericraven2003 likes this.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:56 AM
Newbie Registered Member

I have had Samsung TVs for over a decade. Best TVs ever.

I have a 4k curved and I do not have advertising anywhere.

I would recommend a 40" 4k curved. Only TV manufacturer I am aware of that updates its products firmware on a regular basis.
Old 06-03-2016, 03:52 AM
Registered Member

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky70 View Post
I have a 4k curved and I do not have advertising anywhere.

You will:

But that's not the worst news. According to the report, Samsung is planning to retroactively activate ads on old Smart TVs that might not already have them enabled.
Old 06-03-2016, 04:29 AM
Kilo Klub Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSM E65 View Post
You will:

But that's not the worst news. According to the report, Samsung is planning to retroactively activate ads on old Smart TVs that might not already have them enabled.
I thought the only advertising is done when you are using any of the apps that come with the smart tv not when you are just watching your normal cable or direct TV
I could be wrong tho

-bx

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
Old 07-31-2016, 03:36 PM
Registered Member

Most of these smart tv's use your internet to send info on your watching habits. Also, the voice operated ones always monitor ambient sounds. My remote has a mic ,so I took the batteries out. Just a heads up.
Old 12-14-2016, 08:48 PM
Newbie Registered Member

You will love Samsung KS8000!
Old 12-29-2016, 07:11 PM
Registered Member

To experience 4K on a 40" TV you have to sit one foot or closer to the TV.
Old 01-15-2017, 10:25 PM
Registered Member

People should consider getting 2.1 - Channel Soundbar System with Wireless Subwoofer and Digital Amplifier in addition, letting you enjoy a really nice and clear audio.