YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fake Relationship - Am I the only one that thinks this is the retarded?

blaze918

Registered
Hello PM friends,

I wanted to get some opinions on what you think it means when someone says your relationship with the person you're dating is "fake".

My lady came home crying after a girls night out last night, apparently one of her friends was talking trash and said that she thought our relationship was "fake". I'm not going to lie to you, this has got to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of.

I started seeing my lady about 5 months ago, shortly after going through a breakup with my long term GF of three years. I think her friend was implying this was all one giant rebound...LOL. Seriously?

I've never understood the concept of someone being "real" or "fake", personally I've always thought it was just some made up BS from MTV. But hey, I'm only 26, what do I know.

Thoughts?

I would define relationship as "fake" (though I wouldn't call it that myself) when one or more people in the relationship are lying to each other and/or the other person.

Only you and your gf can determine the reality of the relationship. Do you actually like each other? Do you actually care about each other? Do you actually love each other? That's between the two of you.

You need to answer these questions for yourself as much as she does. Once that's decided I would specifically suggest trying to boost her self confidence. For her to be that upset about what her friends think, is a bit worrisome. She should have the confidence in herself and in the relationship to stand up to people that question it.

Talk to her about your short/long term plans together and about your feelings for her, give her some comfort in the situation.

If my gf's friend said such a thing I would have posed a question to my gf ...what did you say to her to make her think our relationship was 'fake' furthermore, if we have a relationship why wasn't I the first one to have this conversation with YOU.

Obviously SHE feels its fake, you need to be honest with yourself, if its a rebound and you are just screwing around, maybe its time to walk.

My first thought was maybe she made it up because she has doubts and wanted to see where your head is at.

My second thought was her friend is a hater.

Either way, as long as you're not in it for the wrong reasons (appearances, financial) then nobody can call it fake.

I think if it were easy for everybody to not give a shit what anybody else thinks, things would be a lot easier

a young girl saying something pretentious, catty, and judgmental to one of her 'friends'?

no fuckin' way..

p.s. this is why women hate each other

Sluggy,

that's some excellent advice. That's pretty much how I would define fake as well, not sure where her friend got the notion that we don't actually care about each other (there was alcohol involved and I think the friends having some trouble with her own relationship).

I've dated around enough to know what I'm looking for in a lady, and this girl is the entire package. I basically did exactly what you suggested which is boost her self confidence and let her know where I see things going.

My girl generally doesn't get very emotional, I don't think she would have cared what her friend said if she hadn't been drinking. Ah well, good times.

Girls be crazy sometimes.

Scott,

my thoughts as well, she knows I'm in this for the long haul, we've been very open and honest about what we want from the beginning.

I think the friend was just being a hater (her relationship has a lot more ups and downs then my girl and I's)

Adjos,

good thinking sir, I'm pretty curious what spawned the conversation as well. Girls + Alcohol + friend who is slightly dissatisfied with her own relationship = trouble. lol.

a young girl saying something pretentious, catty, and judgmental to one of her 'friends'?

no fuckin' way..

Bahahaha so true

no fuckin' way..

NO DOUBT, call themselves friends and don't want nothing but to see each other unhappy. My girl is in her late 30s and her "friends" were doing that same exact shit, I don't think its an age thing. They told her i was just using her as a rebound and would talk shit about us behind her back which of course always got back to her. She kept getting all emotional about it to point I just had enough and i told her that if what her friends were saying (that i barely even know) was going to effect our life so much in a negative manner then its about time she found new friends. Which she did... and they're still miserable

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws