over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ideal Training Frequency on AAS...

What is your ideal training Frequency of body parts?

• Total voters

curls-for-girls

Registered
Just wanted to see what the general consensus is on training frequency. Specifically how many days of rest do you allow after training before you hit that same body part again? Does this frequency change while on AAS?

Ive done the one body part every 7 Days thing and feel like I never got stronger until I increased the frequency to every 4-5 days. Id like to hear what peoples thoughts are on this. What do you believe is ideal frequency and how do you set up your split to accommodate that particular frequency?

I usually train M/W/Sat. But I train each bodypart depending on how well it recovers. So for example, Bi's/Tris 2-3x heavy and light, Legs and Chest 2x also heavy and light.

AAS just allows me to train more intensely per session and recover well enough not to overtrain.

After reading this article by Dr. Fred Hatfield, I've stayed within the rep ranges indicated by the strengths of each muscle group and it's made a big difference in bringing up lagging bodyparts. Big difference.

Thanks to the member who posted this here on PM.

**broken link removed**

dude your gonna get 50 posts with 50 diff answers. you just gotta do a lot of trail and era and see what works for YOU! I train 6 days a week and still grow and get stronger weather on on or off. but that's me. I also do ALOT of volume that some would never be able to do and grow on, but then again that's me. I would say if ur on stuff u could train more times cuz your gonna repair twice as fast but thats just my opinion.

You have to see how quickly your body recovers in order to determine training frequency. I train each body part with 18-24 sets per week, that's 6-8 different exercises. Chest and back are done in one session, all the other body parts I split into two sessions per week.

Here's my schedule: http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...-days-week-better-than-3-a-2.html#post1007899

However, when you feel fatigued you should take a break. I know it's hard but you need to give your body a break sometimes. In general, I recommend taking a week off for every 3 months of training.

Finally, nutrition and sleep a key to implementing a successful training regimen.

Last edited:
not sure why you would think the aas would change things all that much. logically then you could just take more and more and then train every day.
AAS don't recover your c.n.s. among other vital functions that are effected and need time on the couch
greater the stimulus, the greater the amount of rest needed to cause adaptation

not enough stimulus= not enough growth, not enough recovery also= not enough growth.
-c

My split is 4 days a week
Monday: Chest and Tris
Tue: Back and Bis
Wed: Off
Thur: Shoulders
Fri: Legs
Sat: Off
Sun: Off

This give me the best results in growth and recovery. Strength goes up each week. I use a moderate volume program and up the weight on each working set usually going to failure on reps.

Just my 2 cents.

Good topic and I am sure u will lots of different answers.

Personal experience confirms what many people here say - that the CNS needs to recover so there is no difference on or off.

7 days a week...but only every 3rd week...the 1st week is going to depend on CNS recovery, usually 5 days a week...if your cns isnt optimally recovered, then on week 2 you do "2 a days" MON/WED/FRI on only non complex movements....if by the 4the week the cns and muscle recovery systems are optimal...at that point i would switch to a once a week HIT program until ur CNS is overtrained, at which point go back to week 3 of the program, 4 days a week mon tues thurs fri.. but concentrate on muscle confusion and peak contraction..... :)

Last edited:
same when natty, imo 3 days a week hard and heavy, maximum recovery, perfect to gain mass. hitting each bodypart every 4 days,A B A workouts etc

Last edited:
I prefer hard and heavy once a week. If a bodypart needs improvement ill train it every 5 or 6th day.

mine is similar to sluggers
hard and heavy once a week but if i felt a body part was not
worked enough i'll focus on it later on that week on cardio day.

I do about 4-5 days of lifting and about 2-3 of just cardio.

Depends on how you hit it. Large muscle groups, chest, legs, back tend to need a little more time to recoup. Shoulders , arms a little faster . Again as mentioned above 50 posts will get you 50 answers. Listen to your body its a good source of info.

same when natty, imo 3 days a week hard and heavy, maximum recovery, perfect to gain mass. hitting each bodypart every 4 days,A B A workouts etc

agreed, what ever works as a natty,works on gear-you just put more plates on the bar

not sure why you would think the aas would change things all that much. logically then you could just take more and more and then train every day.
AAS don't recover your c.n.s. among other vital functions that are effected and need time on the couch
greater the stimulus, the greater the amount of rest needed to cause adaptation

not enough stimulus= not enough growth, not enough recovery also= not enough growth.
-c

I would have to agree here. I think when youre on AAS it allows you to train much more intense, and if you do things right youll push yourself harder in the gym when you are there. Because you push yourself harder and are lifting more intense with more weight and a bit more sets, you find that you have to rest just as much as when youre not on. Now you could hold yourself back in the gym and train the same as when youre not on AAS, and then you would have to increase the frequency of training but to me this makes no sense.

I put 'every seven days' bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbut...yes there is a but.

Now that I'm back in the game I'm using the same method that got me to grow fine for me but it's Teagan Clive's method... remember her? MONSTER WOMAN! yeah! a woman! I use her method.

Sat - Double pound chest yes twice in same day
Sun - Double pound legs twice in same day
Mon - Double pound back in same day

Tues - Fri mild cardio just to get the LDL's down

That's six trips to the gym in 3 days. It will take 7 days to recover each part. Anybody want to chime in on this?

Talk about old school eh?

I put 'every seven days' bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbut...yes there is a but.

Now that I'm back in the game I'm using the same method that got me to grow fine for me but it's Teagan Clive's method... remember her? MONSTER WOMAN! yeah! a woman! I use her method.

Sat - Double pound chest yes twice in same day
Sun - Double pound legs twice in same day
Mon - Double pound back in same day

Tues - Fri mild cardio just to get the LDL's down

That's six trips to the gym in 3 days. It will take 7 days to recover each part. Anybody want to chime in on this?

Talk about old school eh?

i take 3 trips to the gym in 7 days....i have 2 splits....1 exercise per muscle group....it takes 2-3 days for me to recover each part... the new school? lol ;)

monday - saturday for me, i rain arms 2x week heavy 2x light, everything else is 1x heavy 1x light other than abs forearms and calves.

Train Mon, Tue, Thurs, Fri.

Hit one major bodypart (e.g. chest) twice in one week, e.g Mon and Fri. Rotate this over the next two weeks so back and legs get hit twice per week.

So over a 3 week period, each major gets hit 4 times = every 21/4 (5.25) days.

When the bodypart is getting the double hit, I alternate between low volume and high volume.

Why limit yourself to only one training frequency or program? The body thrives on variety in both loading and volume, frequency is no different. This is why people post great results with both 1x/week and 3-4x/week routines, it will work as long as it takes the body to adapt.

Both practical experience and scientific studies show clear advantages of high frequency training, e.g. biceps grew the most in any study ever done when trained 4x/week. BUT - gains begin to stagnate after 4-8 weeks depending on how much loading and volume you subject the muscle to (and high frequency requires moderate volume to avoid overworking the muscle).

The best results will come from a strategic or instinctual variation in frequency, where you go from 1x/week to 2x then 3x and even up to 4x/week on a selection of muscle groups you want to improve (keep the rest at 1x/week). Vary between heavy and light days when you add frequency.

After 4-6 weeks, drop frequency and maintain volume (combining heavy and light training into the same workout, e.g. by doing dropsets or rest-pause + widowmakers as in DC training), then go into a Meadows/Mountaindog-type workout

BBB/Serious Growth type routines for 3-4 weeks, alternated with DC type training for 3-4 weeks, alternated with Mountaindog training for 2-4 weeks.

Try that rotation for a full 8-12 weeks and report back.

Last edited:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner