advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any high dose bcaa'ers that have cut down protein ?

Love_to_Bodybuild

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
okay so im a believer in 1.5 grams per lb on average, when carbs are higher , protein can come down bc obviously carbs are muscle sparring. when dieting hard, protein needs to be high and when dropping down to 100 carbs a day protein must be 2 grams per lb and over. I say all this from experience

anyways, does anyone do bcaa's like 30 grams a day and cut down on protein some?

and keep it like 1-1.2, 1.3 grams per pound and just let the bcc'as do the job since bcaas are the three muscle building aminos

btw highest ive gone was if i remember right 2012 contest prep 450 grams protein with 50 grams bcaa's in a day (did 100 carbs and like 20 grams fat that day lol)

okay so im a believer in 1.5 grams per lb on average, when carbs are higher , protein can come down bc obviously carbs are muscle sparring. when dieting hard, protein needs to be high and when dropping down to 100 carbs a day protein must be 2 grams per lb and over. I say all this from experience

anyways, does anyone do bcaa's like 30 grams a day and cut down on protein some?

and keep it like 1-1.2, 1.3 grams per pound and just let the bcc'as do the job since bcaas are the three muscle building aminos

btw highest ive gone was if i remember right 2012 contest prep 450 grams protein with 50 grams bcaa's in a day (did 100 carbs and like 20 grams fat that day lol)

Don't use BCAA. Why would you? Use EAA's. And yes, they work very well when lowering your protein intake from animals and shakes.

So how were your gains on it- in reference to muscle mass /fat loss/soreness/recovery strength etc.?

When my carbs got really low I used to hit 10 grams BCAA with extra leucine in between meals in crystal light, plus additional to my post work out shake and it helped me retain more lean mass size and strength than in times when I hadn't used BCAA's due to cost issues in previous years.

So how were your gains on it- in reference to muscle mass /fat loss/soreness/recovery strength etc.?

When my carbs got really low I used to hit 10 grams BCAA with extra leucine in between meals in crystal light, plus additional to my post work out shake and it helped me retain more lean mass size and strength than in times when I hadn't used BCAA's due to cost issues in previous years.

while I was contest prepping using 100 carbs a day i had to use at least 425 plus grams protein or id lose muscle and strength. (how do i know about using muscle? because I measured on a 7 k $ machine called the inbody 520 which could have been off) but I lost strength in gym...

I kept carbs the same and added in more protein and bcaa's and corrected course and zig zagged calories up some-days , then zigged back down to 100 carbs daily again and strength returned and got even stronger so I know it worked for me during that prep.

now that im bigger, smarter wise, been though four contest preps hopefully ill never have to go down to 100 carbs again. although im not opposed to it for a day or so here or there if i feel absolute necessary

tried zero carb it, not for me, felt like absolute s*&%

Last edited:
while I was contest prepping using 100 carbs a day i had to use at least 425 plus grams protein or id lose muscle and strength. (how do i know about using muscle? because I measured on a 7 k $ machine called the inbody 520 which could have been off) but I lost strength in gym...

I kept carbs the same and added in more protein and bcaa's and corrected course and zig zagged calories up some-days , then zigged back down to 100 carbs daily again and strength returned and got even stronger so I know it worked for me during that prep.

now that im bigger, smarter wise, been though four contest preps hopefully ill never have to go down to 100 carbs again. although im not opposed to it for a day or so here or there if i feel absolute necessary

tried zero carb it, not for me, felt like absolute s*&%
What was your cardio like at this time? Also how often were you training? We're you using aas?

If carbs are carbs and protein is protein how does one replace the other?
"carbs are protein sparing"? How do carbs spare protein if your body needs protein? At what point does the bell curve fall off? When can't carbs spare protein (what% of carbs will no longer spare Protein?) It doesn't make sense to me. Is your body making protein from the sugars so in turn carbs are sparing nothing and just being converted to protein? Help a dummy out?

CG

What was your cardio like at this time? Also how often were you training? We're you using aas?

was doing weight training am and pm, then strength started to drop so transitioned to cardio first thing in morning(bcaa's,etc supplements in morning) then weights later on

used some otc prohormones at the time-
phera highest went was either 15 or 25 mgs(i forget didnt write it down-) first six weeks
trenavar -40 mgs eight weeks toward the end
and protodol 75 mgs. last six weeks

otc oral anabolics.

If carbs are carbs and protein is protein how does one replace the other?
"carbs are protein sparing"? How do carbs spare protein if your body needs protein? At what point does the bell curve fall off? When can't carbs spare protein (what% of carbs will no longer spare Protein?) It doesn't make sense to me. Is your body making protein from the sugars so in turn carbs are sparing nothing and just being converted to protein? Help a dummy out?

CG

sorry, said it wrong lol carbs are muscle sparring

Last edited:
How many grams of EAA = grams in protein? Like if i have 50 g animal protien and want to replace it with EAA, how much should you take instead?

was doing weight training am and pm, then strength started to drop so transitioned to cardio first thing in morning(bcaa's,etc supplements in morning) then weights later on

used some otc prohormones at the time-
phera highest went was either 15 or 25 mgs(i forget didnt write it down-) first six weeks
trenavar -40 mgs eight weeks toward the end
and protodol 75 mgs. last six weeks

otc oral anabolics.

sorry, said it wrong lol carbs are muscle sparring
no you didn't say it wrong, carbs are protein sparring!

Neurology. 1993 Dec;43(12):2466-70. Branched-chain amino acids and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: a treatment failure?
The Italian ALS Study Group.
Abstract We initiated a double-blind, placebo-controlled trial to test the efficacy and safety of branched-chain amino acids (BCAA) (L-leucine 12 g, L-isoleucine 6 g, and L-valine 6 g daily) in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) patients. There was an excess mortality in subjects randomized to active treatment (24 BCAA, 13 placebo) when a total of 126 ALS patients had been recruited. This finding, associated with the lack of efficacy of BCAA (measured by comparing the disability scales in the two treatment groups), led the Data Monitoring Committee to require cessation of the trial. MSG, +Alpha keto gluterate.+ Head injury Excitotoxicity may be involved in spinal cord injury,stroke, traumatic brain injury, hearing loss (through noise overexposure or ototoxicity) and inneurodegenerative diseases of the central nervous system (CNS) such as multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer's disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS),Parkinson's disease, alcoholism or alcohol withdrawal and especially over-rapid benzodiazepine withdrawal, and also Huntington's disease.[3][4] Other common conditions that cause excessive glutamate concentrations around neurons arehypoglycemia. Blood sugars are the primary glutamate removal method from inter-synaptic spaces at the NMDA and AMPA receptor site. Persons in excitotoxic shock must never fall into hypoglycemia. [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excitotoxicity"]Excitotoxicity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame] Either way, SOD supplements may provide benefit.

"food" for thought.

I just use bcaa's (l leucine, isoluecine and l valine) since these are the three aminos proven to stimulate muscle growth

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131