over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insulin 4-6 weeks out

Hulkbulk8

Banned
I have noticed that no matter how clean my diet is humalog insulin has caused me to lose some of my vascularity and also I have noticed some bloating very minor, but it's enough to notice this close to a show. I usually don't eat much fat during the 3 hr window and if I do they are healthy fats and fish oil.

Is this common?

I have since stopped the humalog and started noticing the cuts are getting sharper.

I don't have a place for insulin precontest.....its not needed

what is your method for its use...???

Maintain size. I also gain a bit while on it. Even while cutting. Problem is it takes a shit load longer to get into shape. Very limiting when trying to get hard and ripped.

I think I will use during bulking and maybe 1 week blasts

I use mainly post workout. I have used pre but I just feel tired no matter how many carbs I eat

Last edited:
Insulin pre-contest? Doesn't make sense to me. I've got friends who say the same when it comes to getting tired in the gym if taken pre-workout. I take it pre-workout and sip on a Gatorade during. How much are you taking? Curious.
I don't think I loose vascularity.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Well I thought I was losing vascularity but today was a different story.
I use 6-8iu post workout and feel perfect. I guess I need to just avoid fat in the three hour window and I should be fine.

I don't think theres a NEED for insulin pre-contest...and even if I did, i'd take it pre workout just to make sure I was limiting fat gain.

IMO pre workout insulin—assuming you get all the carbs you need with no episodes—is the easiest way to not fuck up insulin and get good results. Shooting slin in the morning/preworkout just brings opportunities to get fat.

I don't think theres a NEED for insulin pre-contest...and even if I did, i'd take it pre workout just to make sure I was limiting fat gain.

IMO pre workout insulin—assuming you get all the carbs you need with no episodes—is the easiest way to not fuck up insulin and get good results. Shooting slin in the morning/preworkout just brings opportunities to get fat.
What do think it is about taking slin pre-workout making you fat aside from taking if afterwards?
Is it the amount of carbs or food you have to eat to keep up with the insulin? I know working out lowers BS. So you have to eat to compensate that also.

Last edited:
I'd never take insulin pre.. For the sole reason if I went hypo; I'll have to go over my calories to get my Blood sugar up..

At 4-6 weeks out you should be very lean. And that means your insulin sensitivity should be very high so I don't see a need for it personally. Maybe once a week on a high day with low/no fats but even then it shouldn't be necessaryo

Don't kid yourself, they all run slin straight up to and during the show. The guys that really pound the stuff up to the show are running keto and a blend of amino's much like the BIGFATBASTARD protocol.
You can always just run enough to off set your carbs and still stay full. T-3 and clen can keep you sharp. Nothing about it is healthy. This is how they do it.

CG

What do think it is about taking slin pre-workout making you fat aside from taking if afterwards?
Is it the amount of carbs or food you have to eat to keep up with the insulin? I know working out lowers BS. So you have to eat to compensate that also.

Absolutely.

Insulin does NOT make you fat. What you eat during the timeframe it's in your blood does. People are so afraid to go hypo that they often consume way too many carbs on it... if your body doesn't need them, slin or not, those sugars will just get stored in adipocytes... at a faster rate! :eek:

Rather than drinking/eating tons of carbs while on it, reduce your carbs and up your aminos instead. Not some advice, just my opinion. :)

If you know it's making you "blurry" then why use it at all close to show.??

Absolutely.

Insulin does NOT make you fat. What you eat during the timeframe it's in your blood does. People are so afraid to go hypo that they often consume way too many carbs on it... if your body doesn't need them, slin or not, those sugars will just get stored in adipocytes... at a faster rate! :eek:

Rather than drinking/eating tons of carbs while on it, reduce your carbs and up your aminos instead. Not some advice, just my opinion. :)
Haha that's what I do. I make sure 30-40mins prior to it peeking I'll take in bcaas and why protein. I take just enough carbs to get by. I always keep jelly beans near by in my car, gym bag and at work just in case. I always check my BS even if I think it's okay just to track what my body is doing.

I was taking insulin twice a day for a little while. First meal then 5 hours later.

Now I just use it Post work out. My opinion is its just a transport. I take it post work out because to me thats the most logical time to take it. Thats when I want nutrients shuttled into my muscles the most and the quickest.

I also did not get fat but i originally hired a good coach who helped me with it. I used it to put on size and it worked really well. It kept me tighter if anything. I was also vascular.

I was taking insulin twice a day for a little while. First meal then 5 hours later.

Now I just use it Post work out. My opinion is its just a transport. I take it post work out because to me thats the most logical time to take it. Thats when I want nutrients shuttled into my muscles the most and the quickest.

I also did not get fat but i originally hired a good coach who helped me with it. I used it to put on size and it worked really well. It kept me tighter if anything. I was also vascular.

Did you gain size? And how much insulin did you take ?

I was taking 18 units total.

I took 10 Units in the AM with my breakfast.

Then 5 hours later I would do 8 Units.

I was keeping my carbs pretty low. Around 30 grams per meal with High Protein and High Fat.

I went from 192 to 225 in two weeks and held it there for 8 weeks reached 230 lbs. I was planning on competing but I was extremely uncomfortable. My cycle was pretty heavy. I decided Im over that life. I want to feel good and have fun and enjoy life.

I would have gone hypo on 10iu with only 30g carbs!!!!
Plus your eating high fat in that window, I guarantee you put on a good amount of fat going from 192-225 in 2 weeks

I would have gone hypo on 10iu with only 30g carbs!!!!
Plus your eating high fat in that window, I guarantee you put on a good amount of fat going from 192-225 in 2 weeks

I was using Lantus 10IU is not enough to make you go hypo. Dont assume. I was completely off all PED's for 4 months. I went literally zero to 100 and thats how i put on the weight. and ofcourse water gain was inevitable but I can assure you the fat gain was limited.

I was using Lantus 10IU is not enough to make you go hypo. Dont assume. I was completely off all PED's for 4 months. I went literally zero to 100 and thats how i put on the weight. and ofcourse water gain was inevitable but I can assure you the fat gain was limited.

That much weight in 2 weeks is not muscle!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws