over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hematocrit/hemoglobin problems (again)

nothuman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
In one month, my HCT raised from 53.4 to 56.1 and HGB from 18.6 to 19.1....I donated blood after the first test and recently came off ferrous sulfate. How on earth could this happen?

Ferritin result I should hopefully find out tomorrow.

Test dose remained 200mg, which im now probably going to slice in half to 100mg.

SO FRUSTRATING.

Last edited:
I use a low dose melanotan 2 and have been for a long time. Could this be raising them by some unknown mechanism? I remember once Skip Hill saying on PED that he thought that might have been causing his to rise.

In one month, my HCT raised from 53.4 to 56.1 and HGB from 18.6 to 19.1....I donated blood after the first test and recently came off ferrous sulfate. How on earth could this happen?

Test dose remained 200mg, which im now probably going to slice in half to 100mg.

SO FRUSTRATING.

That's a bummer. How many shots a week do you do for your TRT?

That's a bummer. How many shots a week do you do for your TRT?

I've being doing 50mg sub q on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday totaling 200mg per week.

I wonder if the ferrous sulfate really started giving faster results in the form of a HCT/HGL increase in the 2.5 weeks after the last test I was taking it.

I've been using more Apple Cider Vinegar lately before every meal and started diluting it in water. Could this be the problem???

http://health.usnews.com/health-new...he-surprising-benefits-of-apple-cider-vinegar

"The acid found in apple cider vinegar helps release iron from the food you eat, so it can be used throughout the body. This is important because iron is a key component of hemoglobin and myoglobin.

Both hemoglobin and myoglobin are responsible for carrying oxygen to cells throughout the body. Just as oxygen is essential to burn a fire in your fireplace, oxygen is also essential to burn energy (calories) in your body. Because apple cider vinegar helps the body release iron, it also helps your body's ability to burn calories, which is critical for weight loss."

Back a couple of years ago I was having trouble keeping my hematocrit in check so I worked with a hematologist. I was on TRT too. After a few phlebotomies, we got the numbers down and I have been able to control them from that point on. I donated here and there after working with him, but also noticed the ferritin levels were getting low.

I shoot my TRT daily and I find that to help with the crit levels! I know Emeric has spoken about this, small daily injections will help with hematocrit. Perhaps, you can try and see if that helps??

I'm assuming you stay well hydrated too?

SO FRUSTRATING.

Is it possible for you take a month off of test then dump blood? I would honestly do if I was that high. Any any additional test any that level is dangerous in my eyes.

Last edited:
What elevation do u live at? This has been my issue in the past then i started adding in lemon water w the stuff pitt sold (i forget the name) liquid and add it to the water as well, and i dtated drinkin a ton of pedia lyte as well for massive hydration.... but the main thing was the elevation i live at....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

There was a video on testosterone that Jerry Brainum did where he mentioned that using citrulline and yerba mate daily can lower hematocrit levels. Food for thought.

I never tried the yerba mate because I believe Dante mentioned something he did not like about this supplement. I don't remember exactly what it was.

Back a couple of years ago I was having trouble keeping my hematocrit in check so I worked with a hematologist. I was on TRT too. After a few phlebotomies, we got the numbers down and I have been able to control them from that point on. I donated here and there after working with him, but also noticed the ferritin levels were getting low.

I shoot my TRT daily and I find that to help with the crit levels! I know Emeric has spoken about this, small daily injections will help with hematocrit. Perhaps, you can try and see if that helps??

I'm assuming you stay well hydrated too?

Well I hoped that switching from two weekly IM injections to four sub q injections would help but it clearly has not. I was really expecting a hematocrit at 50ish so this really sucks.

Yes I'm always hydrated but I was fasted this time and not last month for what that's worth. Last month, I had actually trained earlier that day.

Is it possible for you take a month off of test then dump blood? I would honestly do if I was that high. Any any additional test any that level is dangerous in my eyes.

That's what the hematologist asked but I refused because I don't want to. I think slashing the dose in half is what I'll do.

What elevation do u live at? This has been my issue in the past then i started adding in lemon water w the stuff pitt sold (i forget the name) liquid and add it to the water as well, and i dtated drinkin a ton of pedia lyte as well for massive hydration.... but the main thing was the elevation i live at....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

NYC, so elevation not an issue.

There was a video on testosterone that Jerry Brainum did where he mentioned that using citrulline and yerba mate daily can lower hematocrit levels. Food for thought.

I never tried the yerba mate because I believe Dante mentioned something he did not like about this supplement. I don't remember exactly what it was.

I will look in yerba mate. Never heard of it.

Citrulline I take already

What I wonder is last month, I had trained prior to the test. Today, I was fasted. The nurse said it didn't matter if I was fasted but I thought the opposite was true.

My hemoglobin was 20 4 weeks after going cold turkey...I was turned down at the blood donation center...4 weeks later I was down to 18....I have run high for years...I never do more than 500 MGS a week of T...My doc said to just stay off for 2 more months and get tested again...I am 57 yrs old...Been at this for 35 years off and on...Getting old sucks...

Well good luck,,im sure you know this but you would need to give blood on a regular basis,, once or twice wont cut it.

My hemoglobin was 20 4 weeks after going cold turkey...I was turned down at the blood donation center...4 weeks later I was down to 18....I have run high for years...I never do more than 500 MGS a week of T...My doc said to just stay off for 2 more months and get tested again...I am 57 yrs old...Been at this for 35 years off and on...Getting old sucks...

I've been dealing with this for a while but I am 31. My three best guesses as to the cause are:

1. the ferrous sulfate really started to kick in more after my first blood test before I dropped it
2. apple cider vinegar diluted in water before most meals (bout 2 tablespoons 4x daily)
3. last test was post training, this one was fasted.

Well good luck,,im sure you know this but you would need to give blood on a regular basis,, once or twice wont cut it.

It's not so simple. I was struggling with low ferritin. I am waiting for that result to come back hopefully tomorrow. If not, it will be Monday. I don't want to dump until I see that result.

I can understand. Are you on hgh as well by any chance because that can raise it toohttps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9425396

No I am not, but now I am thinking of adding it so my physique doesn't shrink even more by lowering the test. HGH doesn't seem to raise my blood levels too much. My issue with HGH is I don't like how it raises my resting heart rate by 15+ bpm.

I looked into IP6 but it can lower ferritin so that wouldn't be good.

Last edited:
my experiance

SO FRUSTRATING.

Hey nothuman,

I share in your frustration.

I gave blood yesterday. Just getting back into it after ~8 month absence.
My hematocrit had climbed to 55 as a result of test C at 100mg per week,
(normally I’m on 200mg per week). My hemoglobin was 17.6, weight 175,
bp was 130/76, pulse was 68. It took exactly 7 minutes to give a pint of
blood and I consume zero supplements.

I am 62 years old, been on TRT for 10 years and giving blood is the only way
I can get my hematocrit to stay down. 55 was as high as it has ever been and
as high as I would like it to be and I attribute that number to not being able
to donate for some time.

All I can say is to be, and stay, very well hydrated and donate regularly.
Consistency and hydration is very very important, but you probably already
now that. :) Once or twice a year won’t do it in my opinion. Every 60 days
works best for me.

I hope you get this under control.

I too have been here with both being high not quite this high, but close. I jumped off everything except my supps like Fishoil, Krill, Aspirin etc.

My PCP got me setup with 3 phlebotomies over the 12 week span.

I went from 18.2 on Hemoglobin to 16.5

I went from 53.8 on HCT to 50.5

I've read many of your posts NH and you put in work on everything cardio, dieting and of course training. In summary brother what is taking 12 weeks off everything? Nothing really! I mean you owe your body some much needed attention regarding these numbers. Get the phlebotomies and by the time May 1st rolls around do your thing (of course with healthy labs).

Your fighting fire with kerosene. In order to rule out so many variables - there is one solution stop everything for 2/3 months.

Hey nothuman,

I share in your frustration.

I gave blood yesterday. Just getting back into it after ~8 month absence.
My hematocrit had climbed to 55 as a result of test C at 100mg per week,
(normally I’m on 200mg per week). My hemoglobin was 17.6, weight 175,
bp was 130/76, pulse was 68. It took exactly 7 minutes to give a pint of
blood and I consume zero supplements.

I am 62 years old, been on TRT for 10 years and giving blood is the only way
I can get my hematocrit to stay down. 55 was as high as it has ever been and
as high as I would like it to be and I attribute that number to not being able
to donate for some time.

All I can say is to be, and stay, very well hydrated and donate regularly.
Consistency and hydration is very very important, but you probably already
now that. :) Once or twice a year won’t do it in my opinion. Every 60 days
works best for me.

I hope you get this under control.

Yea thanks. The biggest issue here is not knowing why it just shot up so much like that and not having a high enough ferritin to dump like crazy.

I too have been here with both being high not quite this high, but close. I jumped off everything except my supps like Fishoil, Krill, Aspirin etc.

My PCP got me setup with 3 phlebotomies over the 12 week span.

I went from 18.2 on Hemoglobin to 16.5

I went from 53.8 on HCT to 50.5

I've read many of your posts NH and you put in work on everything cardio, dieting and of course training. In summary brother what is taking 12 weeks off everything? Nothing really! I mean you owe your body some much needed attention regarding these numbers. Get the phlebotomies and by the time May 1st rolls around do your thing (of course with healthy labs).

Your fighting fire with kerosene. In order to rule out so many variables - there is one solution stop everything for 2/3 months.

What do you mean by stop everything? Stop testosterone? Not a chance man, sorry. I am only willing to slash the dose in half. I have to see if the hematologist will let me get phlebotomies there.

Last edited:
Is your trt supervised by a doctor? I know you have a script but has he had you on 200mg per week or did you decide that for yourself? Have you had blood tests at a lower trt dose? After everything you have mentioned I would definitely be going on approx 100mg per week. Something like 15mg ed with slin pins could be good for you. Some require even more than 200mg to put them in range but it seems high to me and I am sure you will be fine lowering it. When I cruise I go on 150mg per week and that's just guess work from myself but I usually feel great at that dose. The lower dose combined with giving blood regularly should get it down to where you want it to be.

I've been dealing with this for a while but I am 31. My three best guesses as to the cause are:

1. the ferrous sulfate really started to kick in more after my first blood test before I dropped it
2. apple cider vinegar diluted in water before most meals (bout 2 tablespoons 4x daily)
3. last test was post training, this one was fasted.

It's not so simple. I was struggling with low ferritin. I am waiting for that result to come back hopefully tomorrow. If not, it will be Monday. I don't want to dump until I see that result.

No I am not, but now I am thinking of adding it so my physique doesn't shrink even more by lowering the test. HGH doesn't seem to raise my blood levels too much. My issue with HGH is I don't like how it raises my resting heart rate by 15+ bpm.

I looked into IP6 but it can lower ferritin so that wouldn't be good.
Throw a update when you can man. If it makes you feel any better mine 2 years ago was close to 19. The blood was so thick it took along time to get rid of the blood through the machine. Now today it stays at around 14-15 Glad your on top of this bro. I get rid of my blood every 2 months now because of that experience

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity