over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MuscleChemist's First Real Diet and Cut Cycle Help

MuscleChemist

Newbies
Hello all,

MuscleChemist here. New to posting, but I've been around for a long while.
I started to write up a training log for myself and decided to go digital with it, so here I am. Anyways, there seems to be an abundant amount of knowledge on this board and a good group of peoples, so it's good to join the forum. I look forward to learning from y'all.

Okay, so I have never Dieted down, EVER, although I have a very decent base of knowledge on how to do so, just never cared to. It has always been about size and strength with me. But it's time to see what's underneath this elephantile sea lion coat, lol. What actually sparked this diet interest? A huge group of my family is going on vacation at the end of August, we're gonna go camping, fishing, and tubing on white water rapids. My dad has become unhealthy over the last 4 or 5 years, so I challenged him to get into decent health by the time of the trip. He is also the main staple of why I have so much knowledge of weight training and nutrition, so it is very strange to me seeing him in this shape. Also, I will continue to maintain diet and cycle after the vacation.

Background Stuff...
I'm a 30 year old, 6' 4" about 290 lbs. Do not know body fat percentage, but i can see veins in my biceps, quads and calves, all my fat is in the belly and chest, which is what I want to lose. This will be my 5th Cycle, first cycle was 12 years ago. I've done several different compounds of Prohormones and derivatives over the years but I never considered that a real cycle, though some do. If you include ph's and chems then i've done countless cycles.

GOAL: I need my abs back! I gained a lot of front fat over this past year due to life issues and health problems, I also ate a lot of cheese on the daily and drank 6-12 beers damn near everyday. A lot of the fat should melt off just by dropping the beer and cheese, which has been relatively easy so far, surprisingly.

Diet Stuff...
I started diet June 19th, a week ago. No more than 2 cheat meals a week, shooting for 1 or less. My BMR is around 2600 - 2700 Kcals and total energy expenditure is anywhere from 4600 - 5600 kcal depending on the day. I'll keep calories in deficit, shooting for an intake of about 3500 calories/dy. Protein intake will be tough because I get tired of drinking protein shakes and eating, but I will give this my honest struggle in order to keep as much muscle as possible and try to get in no less than 200g a day, which I know is no where near enough, so I'll be shooting for more than 300g a day. Diet will consist of mostly chicken and fish with lots of green veggies, salads, nuts, grains and yogurt, maybe a steak every other week <<eating clean is something that comes as a second nature for me; I used to be vegetarian, so I am very health conscious of the things I put into my body. Also, no booze, as much as I can help it, if I do it'll be limited to one weekend day roughly every other weekend.

Cycle Stuff...
This is where I'll need some help. A little background stuffs: this will be my 5th or 6th cycle and I'm hoping it will be injury free. I've had many injuries over the years that have kept with me, so I have to be very careful. Now a days I do not lift as much as I can on any lift, although I would love to. But I'd need a good 6 months of GH therapy first, which I cannot afford! Yet. Haha. Anyways, just came off a short cycle of Methyl-1 bridging into currently taking an ECA and Var @ 35mg a day with a test booster(that works) to keep the boys going/libido, this was started the day I started the diet, using the Var specifically only to retain muscle in such a caloric deficit until I've gotten all the components for my cycle; which i don't care that it's a low dose cuz i'm only attempting at retaining.

Okay now that we're past that, I want to use Tren BUT I'm worried about it. This would be my 4th tren cycle.

1st tren ace cycle I re-hurt a pre-existing injury, but experienced absolutely no sides, this was also done completely by itself and cycle was cut short due to injury.

2nd tren enan cycle done with var 50mg/day and test 600mg/wk and tren at 400mg/wk, I experienced very bad swelling and pitting edema in both legs, freaking me the eff out, so I dropped the tren and var completely, edema went away.

3rd tren cycle was VERY CAREFULLY done, experimenting with different levels of test and A SHIT LOAD OF RESEARCH, finding that my sweet spot was 150mg test enan/wk and 200mg tren enan/wk, but I didn't find that sweet spot until i was damn near half way into the cycle, that cycle was hellacious and my training suffered extensively, but once I found that sweet spot I killed it in the gym, those solid steel weights were scared of me, haha.

So this time around, I'm getting acetate in order to drop it if sides persist. I'm bent on doing only tren ace again because the 1st time i did tren specifically by itself i experienced absolutely no sides, but I don't like the idea of being shut the fuck down with no test in me, just the idea makes me feel bloofy and airy. So I'm thinking I could try out the Tren Ace with no test and see how I feel while having some Test prop on hand if i start to experience sides, or should i just go ahead and jump into my sweet spot from the last tren/test cycle? I'm kind of leaning towards that tren/test sweet spot but god the sides suck if i don't find it! I've also never done a short estered test run so I don't know exactly how my body will respond, but I don't want to use a longer ester because it takes too long for the Enan to get where i need it to be in such a short time period. This is what I need help with. I've also considered not using tren and going with other compounds but, alas, I do not make a lot of money and this has to be cost effective and cost efficient. Also, the cycle will be ran a minimum of 12 weeks, but depending on how long I can hold that sweet spot I may run for a lot longer. This cycle and cut will determine a lot in the coming years of my life because slowly I've been actively moving towards TRT and this cycle will bleed into this. This decision has not come easily but the readily available doctors for TRT are so numerous now and I don't like my hormones being jacked around on a f**king roller coaster that i tend to always place them on. So getting them in a balanced TRT would be healthier for my past and current lifestyle choices, but TRT isn't what i want to discuss.

Training stuffs...
Legs, Chest, Back will be trained separately throughout the week, arms will not be trained until I feel that I have earned the right to train arms specifically, this is an old powerlifting moto. Abs are done throughout the entire week as are pushups; never on a specific day, just done every time I want to do them, which might be 6 days a week or only 4 days and no less. Cardio will be entirely swimming laps 45 min to an hour+ 3 times a week, along with some stair climber and walking/jogging randomly done through the week, also include a weekly day of yard work for a few hours. Need to work in more cardio, this will be my training struggle.

Any advice is completely healthy, thank you.
-MC

Monday, June 26th.

Had a cheat meal this morning, kind of blew that cheat meal ticket a bit early this week, so no cheat meal this weekend. Pisses me off that I started my week feeling gross.

Dropped the Methyl-1 today due its hepatotoxicity. I've cycled it for about 5 1/2 weeks at 20mg a day and the last week at 40mg a day. I was handling the 20mg/day quite well until i jumped to the 40mg/day; my bladder started to hurt and was pissing rusty color, but due to the general rule of a 2-4 week cycle of this compound I went ahead and completely dropped it instead of just lowering the dosage back down. Also, the Var really started to kick in today(i bet that is also why my piss started to change colors), the pumps in the gym were insane. In fact, I couldn't even do 35 lb dumbbell flys when it was all over with.

Did chest today. My workout felt great, even though I didn't sleep well and woke up feeling like I weighed a thousand pounds. On days that you aren't feeling too well you should go to the gym anyways because either way you can still get something done in there and you may have a really good workout. Making yourself go is the hard part, once you are there you're there and it's time to do something.

I, also, made an addition to my lifts. At the end of my workout, I added reverse grip bench press, which I haven't done in over a decade. 4 sets x 12 reps, only did 95lbs due to being burnt out and no spotter; I felt like a girl with this tiny ass weight, haha. It's also an awkward lift and my forearms had a hellacious pump going on, making it hard to hold onto the bar. Also, no proper cardio today, due to the rain.

**Side Note - I'm looking forward to leg day, I'll be adding another exercise to my lifts. Front Squats. Gives you a stronger core and makes squats easier. IMO.

Bench
1x18 135 lbs
1x8 225 lbs
1x4 275
1x8 225
1x7 225
1x8 135
Dumbbell Press
4X12-14 55 lb DB's
Reverse Grip Bench
4x12 95 lbs
DB Flys
-cut workout short due to insane pumps, couldn't hardly lift anything at this point

Thanks ,
MC

Some of my thoughts in no particular order...

1) Try to keep your strength up as much as possible. This should help with maintenance of LBM.

2) Really need to keep your protein intake up to maintain LBM if possible too. Increasing your protein intake can be as easy as adding in some egg white, cottage cheese and/or greek yogurt to your oatmeal. All of these taste great in oatmeal IMO.

3) Be wary of adding in too much cardio and dropping calories too quickly from the get-go. If you notice your performance in the gym suffering, this is a decent sign that you broke this rule and aren't consuming enough protein.

Just my two cents. Good luck!

Some of my thoughts in no particular order...

1) Try to keep your strength up as much as possible. This should help with maintenance of LBM.

2) Really need to keep your protein intake up to maintain LBM if possible too. Increasing your protein intake can be as easy as adding in some egg white, cottage cheese and/or greek yogurt to your oatmeal. All of these taste great in oatmeal IMO.

3) Be wary of adding in too much cardio and dropping calories too quickly from the get-go. If you notice your performance in the gym suffering, this is a decent sign that you broke this rule and aren't consuming enough protein.

Just my two cents. Good luck!

That's some bad ass advice! Appreciate it so much. I do have to get in more protein, thanks for drilling that in, needed that. Did not know (3's) rule of thumb, thanks.

For ANYONE doing their "first real diet and cut".....

Needs to remove "cheat meal" from their vocabulary...

:cool:

Tuesday, June 27th

Feeling awesome today. Woke up and looked in the mirror, can see my v-taper again! Weight is down 285.7! Woot Woot! For a second there I didn't think I was losing anything. Wish I knew what my actual LBM was when I started this diet, as i don't believe in what the scale has to say. I am always building muscle onto this ginormous frame, sometimes it's scary. But one day I wanna be a contender for strongman and my gma wants me to model for tarzan, hahha, except that tarzan wishes he could be this big ;)

I am so hungry today too, 8 days into diet and the hunger is starting to run rampant, having to eat every 4 hours, but i'm hungry at 2.5 hrs, still keeping to my caloric deficit. Looking for new sources of good clean food, gotta start getting creative.

Leg day today. Squat day.
Squats kicked me ass today. Felt really strong until I got a little over zealous and did 315 for a set of 12. That's not a lot of weight but I've been rehabbing two knees, a bad lower back, and left hip. Almost passed out on the last rep. Whole workout suffered after that set, it made me light headed the entire rest of my session. Still an hour n half later I feel light headed and have this insulin spike feeling, body is tingling all over and flush. Not enough carbs today, protein? Brkfst consisted of 4 egg whites, 1 slice cheese, 1/2 cup greek honey yogurt, 2 granola bars, 1 glass whole milk, and 1 glass whole milk mixed with an all natural protein <<has no carbs/sugars. Worked out about 3 hours later.

That's some bad ass advice! Appreciate it so much. I do have to get in more protein, thanks for drilling that in, needed that. Did not know (3's) rule of thumb, thanks.

Sure thing! Looks like you're doing well thus far. Keep it up!

Tuesday, June 27th

Feeling awesome today. Woke up and looked in the mirror, can see my v-taper again! Weight is down 285.7! Woot Woot! For a second there I didn't think I was losing anything. Wish I knew what my actual LBM was when I started this diet, as i don't believe in what the scale has to say. I am always building muscle onto this ginormous frame, sometimes it's scary. But one day I wanna be a contender for strongman and my gma wants me to model for tarzan, hahha, except that tarzan wishes he could be this big ;)

I am so hungry today too, 8 days into diet and the hunger is starting to run rampant, having to eat every 4 hours, but i'm hungry at 2.5 hrs, still keeping to my caloric deficit. Looking for new sources of good clean food, gotta start getting creative.

Leg day today. Squat day.
Squats kicked me ass today. Felt really strong until I got a little over zealous and did 315 for a set of 12. That's not a lot of weight but I've been rehabbing two knees, a bad lower back, and left hip. Almost passed out on the last rep. Whole workout suffered after that set, it made me light headed the entire rest of my session. Still an hour n half later I feel light headed and have this insulin spike feeling, body is tingling all over and flush. Not enough carbs today, protein? Brkfst consisted of 4 egg whites, 1 slice cheese, 1/2 cup greek honey yogurt, 2 granola bars, 1 glass whole milk, and 1 glass whole milk mixed with an all natural protein <<has no carbs/sugars. Worked out about 3 hours later.

I find leg days to always be difficult when dieting. My blood sugar tends to be on the low side and stays even lower when dieting without carbs. I suggest taking some medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) like a serving of coconut oil or 10-15 grams of a fast acting carbohydrate source if you have to go 3+ hours without food before working out. I wouldn't be surprised if your blood sugar was low and the items above could knock it into a more normal range without adding a ton of extra calories. You might not need this on other days, either.

I find leg days to always be difficult when dieting. My blood sugar tends to be on the low side and stays even lower when dieting without carbs. I suggest taking some medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) like a serving of coconut oil or 10-15 grams of a fast acting carbohydrate source if you have to go 3+ hours without food before working out. I wouldn't be surprised if your blood sugar was low and the items above could knock it into a more normal range without adding a ton of extra calories. You might not need this on other days, either.

will definitely be taking this into account, kind of on the lines of what i was already thinking, thank you. Dieting down is a whole other ball game from building mass, I know it's possible for both to go hand in hand but i know very well how to build strength and size and dieting down is wayyy different lol

**Do Great Things**

progress report for Wednesday, June 28th

Feel like complete shit today. Nauseous and haven't been able to eat much. Sinuses are going nuts and flat AF. Need to recount carbs. Drank 4 light beers and I'm already feeling fuller and stronger. Lethargic as hell. Culprit = Var. Didn't think I'd be this shut down with a test booster involved but it is definitely affecting me. Will up dosage of booster to see if it helps. Also, been reading that the first couple of weeks on Var are like this, but never noticed before due to other compounds being involved. I'm also gonna try taking the entire dose of Var in the morning instead of taking it throughout the day, have read that test serum levels of those who spread the dose throughout the day and those who take it all at once are better when dosed at once. Something about your natty levels being able to adjust better with an all at once dose because of Var's halflife. We'll see what happens, but either way can't wait until my test is here! Definitely not trying to lose muscle, hahaha.

Side note, Var is definitely working, seeing veins in my toes that i've never seen before, my toes are jacked! LOL

Last edited:
Thursday, June 29th

It's insane how fast the fat is falling off of me. Wish I could have been tracking my LBM from the get go cuz I don't have exact statistics and can't exactly follow the scale. Has me wondering if/when I'll hit a hump and stop losing. I don't know what to do from that point on how to get past it. I've read from many people's progress reports about hitting a wall in their weight loss so i'm trying to be ready for it if/when that happens.

Despite feeling like complete boo boo yesterday I still did an hour of cardio/swimming that evening. Turns out i'm actually sick tho, today I haven't been able to eat much of anything and so nauseated i've passed out several times. Still making sure I eat a little something every few hours to prevent catabolism. Definitely will not be hitting the gym today, again. Will still try to get in some swimming/cardio if the nausea subsides.

Yayyyy!!! so excited. Just got in contact with my old supplier from 2 years ago and they are still g2g! not entirely sure what the rules are on posting who i got what from but ill be placing my order soon for this cut cycle!! They are a sponsor tho, have been for a long time. too freaking excited!!!!!!!!

"I want you to push yourself to the absolute freaking limits, But I want you to do it absolutely right, That's how you achieve balance, It's through extremes, not moderation. Moderation never got anyone anywhere in life." -a certain mad scientist <<this quote has molded many changes and realizations in my life; can't post his real name, don't think he would want his name blasted

Last edited:
Monday, July 3rd, day 15

Not completely back to 100% but still kicking ass despite getting pretty damn ill. Diet wasn't perfect for a few days, but that's ok. I'm well now and diet it's back on the money. Still got all my cardio in last week, but only two gym weight sessions. I'm down to 284 lbs, 6+ lbs in two weeks isn't too shabby, would like to lose more quicker, but no one ever truly earned anything in life by something just being given to them. Gotta put your time in and bust your ass.

Chest day-light day today

cruise walked for 4 min, get blood going
BenchPress
135x8
225x8
275x3
245-2x6
245x4
225x6

reverse bench
135-3x8

superset:
DB flys
45-3x8
w/db curls
45-3x8

I haven't posted in a lil bit but i've got a few progress reports

Monday, July 10th

My weight is back up to 290 lbs. Calories have been in check, cardio has been in check, I actually did more cardio last week than I've done in any week of this diet. I'm looking leaner, so I know the added weight is not fat and either could be actual muscle or water, although I am very dry. Things I changed last Sunday, a week ago: I upped protein intake, upped anavar intake by 15mg/day, was more active, started creatine and started a new test booster/mild estrogen suppressor. Despite gaining weight I am still losing fat in the belly area and chest, so this cut is still a success and my target is still in sight for August 24th.

Tuesday, July 11th

Back Day

I pulled my back out of alignment doing Deadlifts @ 275 lbs. Which is not a heavy weight for me, i did this same weight a week in a half ago with no problems. The only thing i changed was my grip. I usually have an over and under grip but this time i lifted with both hands over the bar. The only thing i can conclude that this grip made me lean to far forward, but my stance and back were in perfect alignment, form was excellent so I don't understand how this could have happened. VERY VERY frustrating and disappointing.

Sunday, July 16th

Despite not being able to hardly bend and move, not being able to walk when i first wake up in the morning, and not being able to lift more than 30 lbs without major pain; I still got in my cardio for 5 days last week by walking 4-6 miles at a time in the heat of the day. My diet was not on point at all this entire past week. I still tried to eat somewhat healthy but I definitely faltered. This past week has been a huge test on me mentally do to hurting my lower back as badly as I did. Down right depressing, but I haven't let it get me down. Will do cardio again tomorrow and get back into the gym on Tuesday

I have already ordered my next cycle, the weekend before last. It should have been here a few days ago, which has also been frustrating, although probably for the better that I couldn't start it last week due to this injury. Hopefully it'll be here tomorrow!

Oh yeah, here is my cycle plan - started today - dropped Var and test booster

8 Week Cycle:
Testosterone Prop 35mg per day
Trenbolone Ace 35mg per day
Drostanolone Prop 65mg per day
Turinabol 25mg per day

Vitamin b6 300mg per day - progestin suppression and igf-1 support
Nolvadex 25mg per day during cycle - slight gyno in left nipple
Arimidex .5mg EOD if needed, but doubtful
No PCT, once this cycle is over will start blasting Test for 20 weeks plus other compounds cycled on and off throughout the 20 weeks//will start TRT afterwards

Diet:
will up my calorie intake total to 3000-3500 kcal while still keep a deficit!
Will also up protein intake considerably, aiming for 400mg/day and more if i can maintain calorie deficit

Progress Report ** Friday, July 21st

Everything has kicked in so fast:

My first pin on monday already gave me insomnia.

Yesterday the hypoglycemia from the tren started, but I'm experienced with this so my diet is in ultra check. Eating every few hours and keeping it CLEAN.

Weight is back down, as well, 284 lbs.

Sweating buckets. I'm drinking butt loads of water too. I'll start sweating just by making a protein shake, haha. Which I need to buy more protein cuz i'm running through it so friggin fast. Getting in good amounts of natural protein too: milk, various nuts, beans, fish, chicken, turkey, ham, roast beef, and steak, some pork roast and other sources that have minor amounts of protein.

Having INTENSE VIVID dreams, so my sleep is super broken but i'm still getting rest.

I've hit the gym twice within 12 hours and I could hit it again, although yesterday I did chest and I was the weakest I've been in a year, not sure why?? Maybe my body was weakened from the lower back injury? But still doesn't make sense cuz I did upper back this morning and was nice and strong.

Aggression is way up and teaching me a lot about myself because I don't like being aggitated about dumb sh*t. Lol, I almost went off on this 20 something year old at the gym yesterday, I was doing a little bicep work in front of the mirror and the prick walked over and just stood in front of me, WTF! I assume it was cuz his girl was bent over on a bench nearby doing some back work and I think he thought I was staring at her, I wasn't, but i definitely glanced a few times, she was fine. Definitely shows how insecure he is, haha. I knew if I said something tho it would have started sh*t because i was not gonna have any bs from him, so I just moved to another spot.

Cardio is still rockin, as well. A little breathlessness, but I've never experienced this really bad like others do. Also, I use a moderate amount of tren, it just goes such a long way with me.

Today has been weird. I lifted this morning came home and napped before work. When I woke up, i was very nauseous. Not sure as to why, it went away after a couple hours of work, but came back full fledge coupled with lethargy in the third hour. Tried to eat and it just made me more lethargic and nauseated. Not sure if it's the compounds or just me because I deal with major nausea every few weeks on the regular. Don't know why.

Last edited:
Sorry for the Blog, get back to the Log

I guess it's worth noting that i've been fascinated with bodybuilding since I was around 14 y/o.

Since I seem to continuously hurt myself despite focusing on form, I really don't see any future in strongman. This is really depressing for me since it has always been a dream. I've always been very strong but due to all the injuries over the years from powerlifting and playing football I really think strongman is out of the question, maybe one day but right now it's just not in the stars for me.

I know I don't have to have ultra strength to bodybuild, i love nutrition and i've always wanted my own supplement line, so depending how well i can steer myself to be dedicated to this type of fitness over the next 7-10 weeks and beyond will determine if I have the actual willpower to start training for an actual show.

Wow, I've never said this outloud, although i've hinted at it but every person around me shoots down the idea, family and friends, they are very conservative. Of course it's starting to make me want it more.

I have a huge frame and I've always wondered how far I could go with it. Gotta keep buckling down! No matter how hard I try there is always room for improvement and that is awesome! So many different areas of knowledge and I love every bit of it.

I hope to God this comes to fruition. Started this diet June 19th. I had stopped working out for a good 4-5 years and got back into the gym about 3 years ago. Got out of a long cycle being in and out of heavy drug usage and partying for months at a time and all kinds of crazy shit, has definitely been a rocky climb out of hell's hole. Have definitely put a lot of miles on this body in a short time frame and a lot of those miles were very tough hard miles and i am thankful to be alive. Fitness has really been a life changer for me and bringing me closer to my roots. This has really been a coming to self type of thing and it's really exciting. :headbang:

Gotta buckle down more and tighten up my training, diet, and knowledge! :star-:ars

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws