over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

how long did it take you?

bahtforyou

Newbies
seeing all these fantastic physiques on here keeps my mind growing everyday, and on social media seeing before/after photos...

i've only trained for 2 1/2 years, was never a kid with abs even when really skinny as a kid, compared to my step brothers who seemed to be born with abs.
have trained abs on and off for 1 1/2 years now and feel proud to where i am at but not quite. I hired a coach one year ago and he set me straight on my diet/supplementation/cardio and even for photoshoot times etc. so, since then i have stayed on a very clean/strict 6 meal a day diet , visible abs but it seems like my body retains more water than your every other guy. moreso in my chest / belly . I really don't understand it

so how long(years) did it take everyone to get to their goal, i.e. : 6 pack(visible abs) / getting to your tip top shape / xx amount of muscle etc ?

cheers!

13 years to get to be a state level weight class winning competitor. An additional 6 years to refine my conditioning and I'm also still working on perfecting that.

Last edited:
It came fast for me I was naturally very strong. I started training at 13 by the time I was 22 I was winning powerlifting contests. I had intended on competition on a national level but decided not to because the reward was so insignificant considering the effort it took to be competitive at that level. Ed Coan was dominateing the 220lb class at that time and it was highly unlikely I could beat him although I was unusually strong. But now that I'm older I regret not competeng on a national level!

Last edited:
At about the 7 year mark of training strictly, I got to as ripped as I would ever want to be and all muscle groups pretty well developed. The muscle seems to retain easier once you train this long.

~3 years inconsistent training no trainer no coach to add ~35 lbs natty. 1 cycle to add another ~28 lbs. 15 weeks with online coach down almost 20 lbs have abs for the first time striations and veins coming in 5 weeks to go. Want to add 40 lbs this year post competition. Never train abs never do cardio till this week started cardio.

Last edited:
Been training for about 25 years straight. Took some time off in between for Life. Best shape was between age 26-32.. Won tons of shows. so I would say it took about 4-6 years. You gotta build base First. Now I've got a lot of muscle maturity.

took me one year and a half, but still fail to achieve my goal

I'm not a Muscle lover,i've trained for 1 1/2 years just for losing weight,i swam, i jogged, i went to gym,i stick to very strict 3 meal a day diet , i
never ate junk food ,often felt hungry . but still have 3kg weight gained in the lastest physical examination compare to the last one. is it pathetic?
seeing all these fantastic physiques on here keeps my mind growing everyday, and on social media seeing before/after photos...

i've only trained for 2 1/2 years, was never a kid with abs even when really skinny as a kid, compared to my step brothers who seemed to be born with abs.
have trained abs on and off for 1 1/2 years now and feel proud to where i am at but not quite. I hired a coach one year ago and he set me straight on my diet/supplementation/cardio and even for photoshoot times etc. so, since then i have stayed on a very clean/strict 6 meal a day diet , visible abs but it seems like my body retains more water than your every other guy. moreso in my chest / belly . I really don't understand it

so how long(years) did it take everyone to get to their goal, i.e. : 6 pack(visible abs) / getting to your tip top shape / xx amount of muscle etc ?

cheers!

I'm not a Muscle lover,i've trained for 1 1/2 years just for losing weight,i swam, i jogged, i went to gym,i stick to very strict 3 meal a day diet , i
never ate junk food ,often felt hungry . but still have 3kg weight gained in the lastest physical examination compare to the last one. is it pathetic?

when u say your latest "physical examination" revealed 3 kg weight gain, does that physical examination comprises of stepping on a bathroom scale ? Just curious

Your hormones are probably not optimal. Do a female hormone panel and come back.

Started training at 13-14 and my goal was to be a freak. I didn't want to compete till I was pro size so I bulked for years with 300 as goal (5'10) . Started 130 and by 16 was 200 then 17 I was 230 and realized was heaviest I could get naturally because anything past that was fat because I got to 240 but was just sloppy force feeding and weight gainers. So finally got some gear but was random so just got bottle of test, not steady hook. Didn't see much results from 300 enanthate (brovel). Then had cop approach me and ask to work in with me on back workout and ask what I was taking. It had been year since I had ran test and scared because he was police officer so I told him nothing. I was pretty solid 230 (looking back wish I had been 200 and lean and not so number obsessed) and decently strong, think we worked up to mid 400s on deads. He asked me to ride with him real quick after workout, we went by his house and he just said 'here I just want to see what happens' and threw me some anadrol(old blister packs hemogonin). Took one a day for month and got super strong but little weight gain. I figured I just had shit genetics to gear after 2 runs and my dream of being biggest bodybuilder ever was dashed. Finally got some mexican preload sust and had some of the anadrol left over. One sust a week and one anadrol a day monday thru Friday and I blew up to 250-260 and all the sudden the flood gates opened and had all kinds of steady hooks. Was around 280 at 20 (always plenty of fat and water). 300 alluded me for years because got into nubain and other recreational drugs. But some where in my mid 20's I hit 300. I used to lie a lot saying I was heavier than I was so remembering when exactly is hard. My heaviest morning-no food -clothes- after peeing steady day to day weight was 306. 317 heaviest i ever weighed at end of day with clothes and food. Terrible body desmorphic because even at 300 I thought I wasn't big enough to compete, figuring for 20 pounds water then 20-30 pounds of slop would have to come off before I'd even start to look like bodybuilder. Finally started dieting around 30 but got into trouble and couldn't take anything for 4-5 years so never made it to stage. So took me about 10 years to hit 300, would have been about 5 if hadn't started in on the rec drugs. Sorry so long

took me half a year to have abs

constant exercise for 1/2 year , focus on my belly with Yoga Mat.
i get abs ,not so much obviously,but it feels hard when i breathe out

cheers!

this is great guys, keep it coming with the contributions here! some of your posts are so great to read, and yes Uber i read yours ha. :headbang:

I put on 20+ lbs of muscle my first year, 15 my second, then a few pounds a year for the next couple. I bit of an up and down trying different strategies. Competed as a middle weight after 2 years. Moved up to the light heavies the next year. After a few more years I quit the natural route and was much leaner at a slightly heavier weight.

It took me 10 years total 7 years natty got to 190 lean and the last 3 years since adding aas, I got to 232lbs and compete around 210lbs, won a couple of shows one natty and one "on" and never placed outside top 4 in all shows i have done.

I knew what i wanted to achieve since day one and was lucky enough to be around a couple vets of the sport that made sure I didnt do the typical rookie mistakes and also making me wait until I was 27 to use gear. If it wasnt for them I would have started about a year in.

Bodybuilding has always kept me out of trouble because of how strict I needed to get to achieve wanted.

By the way I started training at 20 and I was 139-142 lbs at 5'10 :eek:

lets see...
302 leaving hs for football
few years later fat
280 down to 175...
175 up to 297 dc
280s for few years
down to 170... lol don't ask
175 few years to 240
most drugs ever.
stop
215-250 since

so that's 20 years
prob could see abs when in shape after 15 years. lol

Started training and competing in 1989. It was slow and study. Didn't win my first teen show until 1993. I've had a good run, won my class at the Me. Ohio at 24 and won the overall at my last 3 shows. Going to give Masters Nationals a shot next year at 43. Did the USA in 98 and got destroyed. Lol

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear