over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Results from 1 month of intermittent fasting

Pharm_Fed

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
I started out at 218 one month ago. Measurements I tracked were arms, waist and chest. Starting measurements were arms 16 3/4", waist 37", chest 45". As of today is has been exactly four weeks. Weight is currently 204, arms 17", waist 34.5", chest 45.5". So I have lost 13 lbs while gaining a little bit of size.

Not only that, but I have set personal best on the following lift, squat, rack deads, BB curls, DB presses and upright rows. I took some pictures for side by side comparison, let me know what you guys think. Not the most radical transformation but I'm pretty pleased with the progress in just one month.

I would also like to emphasize that this was done 100% drug free. Diet and training only.

This is what my day looked like. 1g Vitamin C first thing AM. 50g protein shake 15 min preWO. Sip on BCAA/creatine mixture during WO. 50g protein shake postWO. 1 real meal at home after work consisting of 1/2 of a whole chicken, 2-4oz cheese, 4 eggs, 1 grapefruit and some leafy greens (spinach, kale, endive, etc). That's it. And though it's hardly any food, I felt pretty great most of the day. Hunger pangs the first week, but then they got better. Still hungry most of the day, but manageable.

Anyway, appreciate any feedback. On to the pics...

ScreenShot2012-02-21at202227.png

ScreenShot2012-02-21at202131.png

ScreenShot2012-02-21at202201.png

And no starting comparison but here's one from today as well.
ScreenShot2012-02-21at202245.png

Not only do you look much better, you're also receiving the numerous health benefits of eating this way! Good job.

Any Peps?

Ak

Nope. Nothing but diet and training. Only supplements of any kind used were protein powder, BCAAs and creatine. Nothing else.

Good work bro, well done for sure.

Pharm Fed- you ate that way 7 days a week for a month? Just one meal per day w/ no breaks, correct?

Great job, looking really good. Especially the back.

Take into consideration that IFing should not be done indefinitely. The elevated cortisol through out the day, day after day, month after month etc (aka chronic hypercortisolemia) can lead to serious illness.

It's best to keep it under six months or do something more closely resembling the "Warrior Diet" (protein shake upon waking and another a few hours later).

Not implying you were going to make this a permanent lifestyle, just wanted to put this out there considering most don't understand the possible implications.

Take into consideration that IFing should not be done indefinitely. The elevated cortisol through out the day, day after day, month after month etc (aka chronic hypercortisolemia) can lead to serious illness.

It's best to keep it under six months or do something more closely resembling the "Warrior Diet" (protein shake upon waking and another a few hours later).

Not implying you were going to make this a permanent lifestyle, just wanted to put this out there considering most don't understand the possible implications.

This is contrary to what I have read about IF. The goal is to make it a lifestyle and continue long term. Supposed to have a number of health benefits. Check out leangains.com

lookin great bro

Your back is really popping now...huge improvement

This is contrary to what I have read about IF. The goal is to make it a lifestyle and continue long term. Supposed to have a number of health benefits. Check out leangains.com

I have been to leangains. I've read a lot of Berkhans stuff. This is where he doesn't truly understand. I follow IF myself but have a scoop or two of whey every morning to combat the cortisol.

Fasting itself is stressful on the body but not something the body cant deal with temporarily. When it is done long term, that is when you run into problems

Read this page for a brief over view: **broken link removed**

You can see how it would relate to fasting during the day while the adrenals take over for energy production.

Wow great progress my brother.

Ak

Good work bro, well done for sure.

Thanks brother!

Pharm Fed- you ate that way 7 days a week for a month? Just one meal per day w/ no breaks, correct?

Yes, that is correct. The only exception is one day a week I would eat a cheat meal, although it wasn't much of a cheat. Still maintained high protein, high fat low carb and still only ate within my feeding window.

Thanks bro. I never intended to do this permanently, but after reading Martin's stuff on lean gains and hearing about IF on Superhuman Radio, I wanted to give it a try and see what it was all about.

leangains.com is a good one. Martin comes off as a little arrogant sometimes, but he has some good info. Another IF blog is Aesthetic Muscle He was also on Superhuman Radio **broken link removed**. It's the second hour if anyone is interested in listening to it.

lookin great bro

Your back is really popping now...huge improvement

Thanks man, back is probably my favorite thing to train :)

I have been to leangains. I've read a lot of Berkhans stuff. This is where he doesn't truly understand. I follow IF myself but have a scoop or two of whey every morning to combat the cortisol.

Fasting itself is stressful on the body but not something the body cant deal with temporarily. When it is done long term, that is when you run into problems

Read this page for a brief over view: **broken link removed**

You can see how it would relate to fasting during the day while the adrenals take over for energy production.

Good info bro, thanks for sharing that!

Wow great progress my brother.

Ak

Thank you!

one meal. very restricted calories...

Only 1 meal a day?

Well 1 of us is confused:confused:

I do IFing and i eat 3 very large meals during my 8 hour window then 16 hours fasting.

How on earth are fitting your daily calories into 1 single meal?

Im currently -20% maintainence calories on rest days and maintainence calories on training days and im still losing 1lb a week but getting stronger with it although i have only been back in the gym 4 months after a 2 year layoff due to illness. Sundays from 12.30 onwards i eat whatever the hell i want!

Theres noway on earth i could get 3K cals down me in 1 meal bro - how many cals a day are you currently on?

Only 1 meal a day?

Well 1 of us is confused:confused:

I do IFing and i eat 3 very large meals during my 8 hour window then 16 hours fasting.

How on earth are fitting your daily calories into 1 single meal?

Im currently -20% maintainence calories on rest days and maintainence calories on training days and im still losing 1lb a week but getting stronger with it although i have only been back in the gym 4 months after a 2 year layoff due to illness. Sundays from 12.30 onwards i eat whatever the hell i want!

Theres noway on earth i could get 3K cals down me in 1 meal bro - how many cals a day are you currently on?

There are several different iterations of IF. The one you're doing sounds most like Martin's lean gains version. I followed something more similar to the Aesthetic Muscle blog I posted a link to. I haven't calculated the calories, but what I'm doing seems to be working. Fat loss and increased strength. The research I know about also shows that in a hypocaloric state, the recycling of amino acid pools becomes more efficient so you don't end up in a catabolic state like most think. On an estimate I'd say half a whole rotisserie chicken is about 600 cals, cheese is about 110 cals per oz, eggs are about 70 cals each, grapefruit is about 100 cals and the greens are almost nothing. Probably total of 1300-1500 cals in the "dinner".

It sounds like your way is working for you though, so more power to ya'.

To the OP, you appear to have made great progress congrats!

I was hoping the thread may have contained before and after accurate body fat testing comparisons though. Im curious to see exactly what percentage may have been lost from LBM both short & long term.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear