YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Has bodybuilding really advanced in the last 20 yrs ?

Iabadman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
After looking at the prejudging pictures of the USA last night I would have to say not really . You will think with all the GH protocols , insulin regimens . high doses , pep tides , training advances , seo , gurus that there would be some amazing huge conditioned guys out there . I think it is sad with all the guys that take gear in this country that there aren't 5 guys in each class that even look good or even have the reason to be doing what it takes to compete at that level . I was only really impressed with the Light Heavy and he isn't even in great condition . I find that amazing .

More people are taking gear than ever before , you can get almost anything you want to use through the net , yet with all this access and knowledge this is all we are producing . And you can't say maybe it is just the guys today aren't into competing . Because I workout a couple big gyms in a large city plus travel some and my 47 year old ass is still bigger than stronger than anyone anywhere I go and that is sad considering I am on Hrt and was clean before that for nearly 20 yrs and my body is a broken mess ...I also run a strip club that sees over 10000 people a month .....I used to see big guys all the time , now it is rare and when I do it is usually older guys that look awful [ super red and bloated ]

I live in the same city as the you tube sensation DR Tony Huge . Nice guy [ even tried to buy into the club that I run ] , dude is smart as shit . Has spent tons of money talking to the top gurus , takes the best drugs , and runs all sorts of advanced protocols yet is maybe 5'9 or so 220 ish in good shape .....He has good structure and muscle bellies , but this is all that knowledge and practice can build ? It is crazy to me .

The top pros today are better than the guys of the 90s .....like it or not they are ....but in reality ....take the extreme oil ....the tons of water they are holding from the high gh , and insulin usage and do you really think that they are that much bigger ? I would say no way ...these guys are filled up like puffer fish . [ I think Ramy is amazing ....just a freak , but his is so full of water and oil done right it is crazy ]

So my question to you guys . Is how to do we take all this vast knowledge of training , diet , drugs , and recovery and help some of the younger utilize it and producing better physiques ...There are some great minds here ....and I would like to help . How do you think we can do this and sort though all this info to help guys achieve bodies people look up to again . Seeing to USA made me sad and honestly it has been pretty weak over all for 10 to 15 yrs at the national level ....I would like to see it get better again and even help .....Any ideas fellas ? Or why guys look as they do despite all the better conditions ?

Bodybuilding has become increasingly worse since Lee Haney retired.

Interesting post,I feel that that because there is so many people doing juice today that the vast majority are not genetically capable of being great,you see many turning to physique and figure,at least they realize there not good enough.Thete is just a much larger pool of wannabees,but the best are even better than before.So yes I think bodybuilding is better, just more disillusioned people using drugs

All the information overload, and access to drugs has made a lot of people complacent. Especially those who were exposed to this stuff early on.

Hard training and diet will always be the foundation. But guess what? These things don't sell. 2g Deca only cycles sell. 20 iu GH a day sells. 1000 mg DNP runs sell. Drug talk is far more interesting to folks than training or diet talk.

Why? because steroids work; 150 lb Johnny hops on, "blows up" to 195, and thinks he knows what the "secret" is. This is the deal is many gyms across the country.

I think the top guys are still extremely good, bigger, less conditioned than the 90s but still very good. Dante talked about this, 90s was an era of phenomenal genetics, some of the best ever seen and that's a definitive contributer.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Are there more competitors today than there used to be? I think there are maybe? I am thinking with how easy the drugs are to get that there are more big guys than ever but that there are still just a limited number of competitors with elite genetics. So you end up seeing a lot of mediocre guys and it might seem to you that bodybuilding hasn't come very far.

I think you might compare it to a college education today. A four year bachelors degree today doesn't mean what it did just 20 or 30 years ago. It seems now that a bachelors degree is like and asshole and everyone has one. More out there than ever but still the small number that are really worthy of it.

I am thinking with how easy the drugs are to get

In my mind pharmacy grade anabolics were much easier to get 20 years ago. Less variety, of course, but dosages and quality were absolutely spot on every time.

I could just walk into any pharmacy and get as many amps of sustanon, deca or as many boxes of hemogenin I wanted. Growth wasn't difficult to obtain either, albeit expensive.

Every time I went to the beach 20 years ago I'd see gym rats with lots of muscle. Now it's a rare thing.

I know folks will talk about how UGL gear has been tested and they're as good as Schering's, Organon's or Sanofi's, so please spare me.

Of course, I'm from a particular neck of the woods, so our mileages will certainly vary.

The circles I follow have really gone back to heavy progressive training. More and more people following Jordan Peters and the likes. Because Jordan is so honest with his drug use I think people are starting to realise they are tools and nothing more.

After looking at the prejudging pictures of the USA last night I would have to say not really . You will think with all the GH protocols , insulin regimens . high doses , pep tides , training advances , seo , gurus that there would be some amazing huge conditioned guys out there . I think it is sad with all the guys that take gear in this country that there aren't 5 guys in each class that even look good or even have the reason to be doing what it takes to compete at that level . I was only really impressed with the Light Heavy and he isn't even in great condition . I find that amazing .

More people are taking gear than ever before , you can get almost anything you want to use through the net , yet with all this access and knowledge this is all we are producing . And you can't say maybe it is just the guys today aren't into competing . Because I workout a couple big gyms in a large city plus travel some and my 47 year old ass is still bigger than stronger than anyone anywhere I go and that is sad considering I am on Hrt and was clean before that for nearly 20 yrs and my body is a broken mess ...I also run a strip club that sees over 10000 people a month .....I used to see big guys all the time , now it is rare and when I do it is usually older guys that look awful [ super red and bloated ]

I live in the same city as the you tube sensation DR Tony Huge . Nice guy [ even tried to buy into the club that I run ] , dude is smart as shit . Has spent tons of money talking to the top gurus , takes the best drugs , and runs all sorts of advanced protocols yet is maybe 5'9 or so 220 ish in good shape .....He has good structure and muscle bellies , but this is all that knowledge and practice can build ? It is crazy to me .

The top pros today are better than the guys of the 90s .....like it or not they are ....but in reality ....take the extreme oil ....the tons of water they are holding from the high gh , and insulin usage and do you really think that they are that much bigger ? I would say no way ...these guys are filled up like puffer fish . [ I think Ramy is amazing ....just a freak , but his is so full of water and oil done right it is crazy ]

So my question to you guys . Is how to do we take all this vast knowledge of training , diet , drugs , and recovery and help some of the younger utilize it and producing better physiques ...There are some great minds here ....and I would like to help . How do you think we can do this and sort though all this info to help guys achieve bodies people look up to again . Seeing to USA made me sad and honestly it has been pretty weak over all for 10 to 15 yrs at the national level ....I would like to see it get better again and even help .....Any ideas fellas ? Or why guys look as they do despite all the better conditions ?

Great post, I really can't comment on guys today for the most part as I stopped following bodybuilding contests pretty much in 2007 or so when Mayhem went down. Once in awhile I'll peek in, but it's rare you can find some freaks on instagram, but everybody looks good all pumped up for shit like that.

I remember so many of the guys looked like carbon copies of each other, and the look has changed. Problem today as stated is information overload and people taking advanced cycles before they even learn how to eat or train, ask them about how many calories per gram of protein and they'll give you a puzzled look but ask them about their cycle and they can ramble on for hours about the drugs they are on and how many mgs are flowing through their veins.

What amazes me is the way in which the fitness industry has grown, I grew up in a small town and we had one old dungy YMCA with universal gym set up and rustic db's and a health spa and raquet club with all nautilus machines. That was a little over 25 years ago, recently went back home and there was a World Gym Powerhouse Gym O2 fitness Life Fitness 24 hr Fitness Planet fitness and 2 or 3 other no name gyms. Yes the town city had grown, but damn, if I had that opp back then...?? Luckily the health spa I trained at for all those years the owner was a bb'ing junkie and poor :) but had all his equipment made by members so they had a hardcore gym.

Also take a look around at the general population if you dare I am shocked everytime I eat out and sometimes lose my appetite when I see some of the cows walking around - that's a different story.

I am all for helping the younger guys and as we all knew the basics learn how to train eat and establish a natural base and then educate yourself on the anabolics and insulin GH and the risks. It will be hard as the training and diet threads usually get the least attention, but post something about a new way to take GH or insulin and the thread is up to 10 pages in a NY minute.

It's good to see you posting again iabadman you should come over to anasci too, some good threads over there and peeps.

I think people just don't care about about extreme bodybuilding anymore.

One lifting related field that's progressed recently is raw powerlifting. Some of the numbers today were unimaginable just a few years ago.

Bodybuilding has become increasingly worse since Lee Haney retired.

And whose to blame? The judges and the IFBB NPC for allowing such a mess to develop, an extreme example would be Women's Bodybuilding?

This is what we started with 30 some years ago...I can't even stomach to post the current pics of the top female BB'ers today...

Attachments

• ly-764x1024.jpg
    ly-764x1024.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 688
In my mind pharmacy grade anabolics were much easier to get 20 years ago. Less variety, of course, but dosages and quality were absolutely spot on every time.

I could just walk into any pharmacy and get as many amps of sustanon, deca or as many boxes of hemogenin I wanted. Growth wasn't difficult to obtain either, albeit expensive.

Every time I went to the beach 20 years ago I'd see gym rats with lots of muscle. Now it's a rare thing.

I know folks will talk about how UGL gear has been tested and they're as good as Schering's, Organon's or Sanofi's, so please spare me.

Of course, I'm from a particular neck of the woods, so our mileages will certainly vary.

I'm in the Midwest and here steroids were much harder to get 20 years ago. You had to know someone personally and buy it either at the gym or meet them somewhere. Now any high school kid can order them whenever they want off the internet. I think availability has gone up big time. I think more lifters use steroids now than in the past. Maybe there are less people that are into bodybuilding but there are more bodybuilders on steroids now. I agree that there seem to be less big fit guys out in public because the metrosexual thing seems to have over taken the big muscular look.

The sport of "bodybuilding" seems to be very healthy. Looks to be more contests and more competitors with the additional of the new classes.

The process today is much different than it was 20+ years ago. Back then you built a base and showed dedication. Once this was shown the guys invited you into the juice fraternity. From there you slowly and progressively worked up in dosages/compounds, strength, and calories. Fast forward 10 focused and dedicated years later, and this method created some amazing lasting physiques.

Today, obviously the access is much easier. The variety doesn't seem to be helping at all.

The young guys can't seem to stick to any long term course. The bulk for 4 weeks, then hit the intermittent fasting for a month, then its time for a 2 week dnp cycle, then a 5 week high tren low test cycle, then its time to dial it all back and focus on their health and the "big picture" before going back to some methyl tren for 3 weeks.

The sport of "bodybuilding" seems to be very healthy. Looks to be more contests and more competitors with the additional of the new classes.

The process today is much different than it was 20+ years ago. Back then you built a base and showed dedication. Once this was shown the guys invited you into the juice fraternity

Yeah, I know that when I was young and lifting at the gym most of the big guys didn't even really talk to me much at all. Once I got bigger and started squatting some heavy weight they took notice and would come over to talk to me. That is when I got into the "club" and had my access. It was like you had to earn the right. It was a great feeling. That is all gone now.

The young guys can't seem to stick to any long term course. The bulk for 4 weeks, then hit the intermittent fasting for a month, then its time for a 2 week dnp cycle, then a 5 week high tren low test cycle, then its time to dial it all back and focus on their health and the "big picture" before going back to some methyl tren for 3 weeks.

LOL... :D:D:D

Yeah, I know that when I was young and lifting at the gym most of the big guys didn't even really talk to me much at all. Once I got bigger and started squatting some heavy weight they took notice and would come over to talk to me. That is when I got into the "club" and had my access. It was like you had to earn the right. It was a great feeling. That is all gone now.

That was my experience too (it was the early 80s).
Took me 4 years of busting my ass 6 days per week but when I became "accepted" it was like joining a brotherhood.
Great memories.

The process today is much different than it was 20+ years ago. Back then you built a base and showed dedication. Once this was shown the guys invited you into the juice fraternity. From there you slowly and progressively worked up in dosages/compounds, strength, and calories. Fast forward 10 focused and dedicated years later, and this method created some amazing lasting physiques.

Today, obviously the access is much easier. The variety doesn't seem to be helping at all.

Very healthy ? you must be joking.

Wow .....so many great share fellas and excellent points. I definitely think most kids today don't want to build aa foundation any more . It just isn't appealing to the people these days . I started lifting at 10 on 3 day a week whole body routines . Then spent most of my teens training 4 day upper /lower . Like some of you have shared . I trained at a hardcore gym and I had to earn acceptance by the older crowd by training hard and heavy . By 17 I was 225 clean and lean . [ Steve Reeves look and condition ...just a tad thicker ] I was hitting 420 bench , 650 squat and dead drug free . I am sure there are a couple members here that could verify those numbers since they grew up with me .I was pretty much maxed out size wise at 17 and didn't get much stronger either to be honest .[ think I hit 455 and 675 ish over the years following , and those numbers got much bigger once I started gear] But I was playing college football at the time and rehabbing some injuries so my training was geared around speed , agility ,and technique . [ especially as one of the biggest db s in the country back then ...more of hybred small lb these days though] Once I was done with football , I wanted to get big . At like 23 ....I was not as hard and around the same size as I was at 17 . [ best I was in college n good shape was 228 -232 ] I contacted Dante [ started gear as he recommended ] and in a year and half later I was 283-306....[ mainly in the 280s though or high 270s ] What was the difference after being stuck for so long ? Simple , dante Had me do brutal short workouts .....I was resting and not running hrs a day anymore ....and I was eating how he told me . Me and my friend shawn [ pushed crazy wts that I have rarely even herd moved .....especially at our biggest ] Dante took shawn [ know as jason muller to some of you ] from 250 to 320 in that same period . Dante was doing things that no one did back then and we sure did respond . Sadly , We got into some trouble and we never got to see if we could do anything with the mass we were building . I can remember Paul demayo in late 95 or early 96 , telling me and shawn that we were beasts and that no one in Venice trained like us ....[ My friend laughed .....and said "you should see are friend Dante train ....that trains us .....the guy destroys us ] Shawn had gone down in late 94 ish to see Dante when he was still much smaller and weaker than he soon got ......but he went to down there thinking he was hot shit ......Dante destroyed him and he went home saying , " Jason don't train with him ....you are too competitive ....you will either get hurt or you guys will fight ....lol ....and I need you both " But that is honest .......we loved training getting stronger and pushing each other hard . Eating afterwards was always an event and we had other friends that always joined us .....

It was a much different time and no social media . There were groups of guys that trained together and trade info .We all realized by 95 it was becoming a drug game and we all hoped there was some magic secret we could learn . The difference was that we had build strong foundations , knew training and eating were the real keys to making the drugs work Today it is all about the drugs and rare if someone trains smart for 5 to 10 yrs and maxes out their genetic potential . Yes drugs , were good for the most part But they were over priced , and lots of counterfeits . Also not a ton of variety .[ think the sport peaked besides Ronnie by 95 .....I think Ronnie looked his best around 98 to 2001 ]

Lots of cool shares fellas .....How do we change things especially here ?

Also Massive G , you know I have been a huge fan of yours since 2003 ish ...I remember many of your great posts on mayhem . I still think your post over at intense muscle on eating and setting up meals is one of the best ever . [ repost that here ...it is good and should be a sticky ] Until recently somehow it got lost , I had an email you sent me out lining things that you did and how you ate . That email was gold plain and simple .......You are like Dante .....you just love it and the whole process of putting on mass will always be interesting to you ......I will check out anasci ...I registered ....and looked around ...any threads I should check out ?

Last edited:
That was my experience too (it was the early 80s).
Took me 4 years of busting my ass 6 days per week but when I became "accepted" it was like joining a brotherhood.
Great memories.

This was the same experience I had, but for me it was the early nineties, 91-93 I was 16 in 1991

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131