over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Contest Prep and your relationship

Love_to_Bodybuild

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
do you find your relationship suffers in contest prep like your more serious and focused on it?

My gf is 1 and 2 weeks out for figure. Her prep changed her mentally and really strained our relationship. She better win.

My gf is 1 and 2 weeks out for figure. Her prep changed her mentally and really strained our relationship. She better win.

how did she change? not as relaxed, laughing, lighthearted?

more serious, on edge , etc?

I think both people need to be just as committed and dedicated in prep, understand what buttons not to push and that it's not personal.

If you're talking about dating a girl who doesn't compete, well...Lol

I don't even compete and my preoccupation with meals and rest definitely cost me some interpersonal relationships in my late teens. Do I give a fuck? No. Have I attempted to make amends and repair burnt bridges since then? Also no.

Prep puts a strain on everything lets be real. Its about the most selfish thing you can do.

My fiance and I are both 5.5 weeks out and I haven't visited family in weeks. Tbh there's just not enough hours in the day and when i get time i just want to relax.

I wonder how many good relationships have been ruined due to bodybuilding...and I'm talking most competing as amateurs :)

Serious dieting or prepping is usually going to affect your relationship in multiple ways. As much as we can remind ourselves we are choosing to do this and we don't need to snap and be assholes, its easier said than done. Hormones and chemicals will alter your moods and behavior by themselves a lot of the time, add dieting in and theres bound to be some issues lol.

Serious dieting or prepping is usually going to affect your relationship in multiple ways. As much as we can remind ourselves we are choosing to do this and we don't need to snap and be assholes, its easier said than done. Hormones and chemicals will alter your moods and behavior by themselves a lot of the time, add dieting in and theres bound to be some issues lol.

I always say: You need to be from another planet NOT to be a bit of a prick during prep.

Loaded up on androgens, constantly hungry, can't sleep due to previous factors...even Buddha would crack lol ...just gotta remind ourselves that nobody forces us to do this :)

I wonder how many good relationships have been ruined due to bodybuilding...and I'm talking most competing as amateurs :)

You really get to a point where you realize how utterly ludicrous and silly it is to ruin a relationship for something that isn't really going to pay off other than in personal glory lol...maybe some don't care and honestly thats all they want but I'm personally glad i recognized that sooner rather than later. The next time its my responsibility to be a fkin adult and not a baby getting pissed off because I'm choosing to restrict myself especially because I'm going to have a kid. The last couple of times haven't been able to do that and when I saw it really having a negative affect it was time to push it back. Each time dieting gets a little easier to deal with just because you know what to expect, so I'll get there eventually lol

You really get to a point where you realize how utterly ludicrous and silly it is to ruin a relationship for something that isn't really going to pay off other than in personal glory lol...maybe some don't care and honestly thats all they want but I'm personally glad i recognized that sooner rather than later. The next time its my responsibility to be a fkin adult and not a baby getting pissed off because I'm choosing to restrict myself especially because I'm going to have a kid. The last couple of times haven't been able to do that and when I saw it really having a negative affect it was time to push it back. Each time dieting gets a little easier to deal with just because you know what to expect, so I'll get there eventually lol

I look at it as a positive. Most of us that look like bodybuilders tend to attract mentally ill women that aren't worth wifing up anyways so who gives a shit if we ruin a relationship or three:). Tren ruined my last relationship and looking back it was a blessing in disguise because she was a narcissistic sociopath that I wouldn't of ever wanted to spend my life with anyways.

Of course that good girl might come along, and if she does you just gotta decide what's more important to you. In my experience no matter how much you tell yourself you've got it under control you don't. Tren especially, combine the short temper, the lack of sleep, the paranoia, the lack of empathy you have for other people on it. Forget about it not happening.

When people used to ask my X what I was like dieting for a contest she would tell them "just like he is the rest of the time". I didn't get a bad mood just because I was tired and hungry, some people do. And if so this might not be the sport for them. I took all my food and training serious year round. And I was doing what I choose to do and wasn't forced into it. But I wasn't there to please judges, I was there to get in the shape I wanted and I mostly didn't care what strangers i.e. judges, thought of my condition or size. Stress is what you put upon your self.

Exactly my thoughts.., a solid relationship will remain solid, but have the stress of conpeting for a time period. A shaky relationship to begin with might fall apart as a result. But accepting that to compete and win requires tunnel vision, hormones will shift your mood, and dietary restrictions can make you mental, not to mention the extra time it takes up... its only a few weeks that its the worst, and a partner needs to be understanding.
But acknowledging these things doesnt give license to be an inconsiderate ass.

I've competed 4 times while single and placed top 3 in 3 of them. I've started 2 preps while married that I didn't follow through with.
I give a lot of credit to folks who can juggle the relationship, especially with kids. I personally couldn't map a plan to persevere without risking strain to the family that I felt ultimately wasn't worth it.

It's all about having open communication with your partner. When I'm super tired and just dragging, I tell my wife exactly that. If I'm feeling overly grumpy for no reason at all, I do my best to give a warning that I'm just pissy, lol.

It's only a few weeks though that it's really 'bad, but I always also try to apologize for any off behavior and take my wife on a few extra dates, nice dinners and a nice gift for dealing with me doesn't hurt either :)

As someone who is dieting hard right now (with the idea of competing this summer) these threads are TOO real. Buttt.....I also have absolutely NO PROBLEM dropping this "I wanna compete" shit if it pushed my relationship in a negative way.

I love bodybuilding (not competing) but i reallllly love my fiance.
Btw, we are trying to plan a wedding WHILE this is all going on... :eek::eek:

It's all about having open communication with your partner. When I'm super tired and just dragging, I tell my wife exactly that. If I'm feeling overly grumpy for no reason at all, I do my best to give a warning that I'm just pissy, lol.

It's only a few weeks though that it's really 'bad, but I always also try to apologize for any off behavior and take my wife on a few extra dates, nice dinners and a nice gift for dealing with me doesn't hurt either :)
I don't compete....but my wife and I are like that now. If one of us is in a bad mood or had a bad day....we just "warn" the other ahead of time.

Works out so much better being up front about it!

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Last prep I did, I asked my wife twice for a divorce. Luckily for me, she just ignored me. During prep, we sleep in different beds and avoid each other as much as we can. The exhaustion from diet/training really messes with my head. The drugs don't help either. Never again will I do upsher-smith halo. That stuff turned me into a nasty person.

I look at it as a positive. Most of us that look like bodybuilders tewho gives a shit if we ruin a relationship or three:).nd to attract mentally ill women that aren't worth wifing up anyways so Tren ruined my last relationship and looking back it was a blessing in disguise because she was a narcissistic sociopath that I wouldn't of ever wanted to spend my life with anyways.

Of course that good girl might come along, and if she does you just gotta decide what's more important to you. In my experience no matter how much you tell yourself you've got it under control you don't. Tren especially, combine the short temper, the lack of sleep, the paranoia, the lack of empathy you have for other people on it. Forget about it not happening.

Well of course thats what I'm referring to, not ruining a relationship with a wackjob that won't last anyway lol..on another note some don't realize what they had until they ruin it by being selfish, that goes for relationships outside of the bodybuilding world too of course.

Last prep I did, I asked my wife twice for a divorce. Luckily for me, she just ignored me. During prep, we sleep in different beds and avoid each other as much as we can. The exhaustion from diet/training really messes with my head. The drugs don't help either. Never again will I do upsher-smith halo. That stuff turned me into a nasty person.

Now I'm going to ask you an honest question, not trying to be a dick but genuinely wondering...

Was it worth it? Like really worth it to where you look back and say that you're okay with the fact you acted like that and had to put your significant other through that?

I could never honestly live with myself doing that, and I can't really think of a valid reason other than making tons of money so my family would be set for life lol...again thats just me don't take it as an insult, no disrespect intended I'm just curious on different people views on their relationships.

Those green beans that say 832 on them?

Ohhhh man I want some

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member