over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cutting on Insulin, How do you do it?

SWOLNUTZ

Registered
I've read various protocols out there. I want to know;
1. Can you use slin for cutting?
2. What's your best technique?

I don't have the body type to be able to diet on insulin on a regular basis. I do however feel that using it once or twice per week on a higher carb day (preferably leg day) has definitely worked well in the past. I used it pre, intra, and post that day with carbs all around the workout. I do feel it helped me make progress especially with legs while not doing any damage as far as fat gain or halting fat loss.

In the early stages of my diet I've used slin and found no problem dropping body fat. Coming into the very lower %bf would be harder and you will need good timing with proper nutrition, for some could be good tool in diet for some could be worthless .
My strategy was:

"Lipolysis Stage" - AM cardio

15-40 mins later pro/fat meal + 3hrs later pro/fat meal ...

"Anabolic Stage" - PM Workout

7-10 iu IM humalog with 5-7g/iu dex after 5 mins + 75g protein + 75min later pro/carb meal ...

Last edited:
I've read various protocols out there. I want to know;
1. Can you use slin for cutting?
2. What's your best technique?

I was cutting on HGH, T4, and insulin. I did lose body fat but when i dropped the insulin the fat loss was more rapid.

Pre workout as around the workout is when I have most of my carbs so this will utilise them better

Insulin tells the fat cell to prepare for energy to be delivered and limits the energy that can come back out of the cell. For most people, high insulin makes fat loss nearly impossible. This is one of the reasons ketosis works so well. When insulin is low, the fat cells open up and release their energy back to the body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pre workout as around the workout is when I have most of my carbs so this will utilise them better

This provides plenty of insulin to open the nutrient pathways to muscle cells.

In the early stages of my diet I've used slin and found no problem dropping body fat. Coming into the very lower %bf would be harder and you will need good timing with proper nutrition, for some could be good tool in diet for some could be worthless .
My strategy was:

"Lipolysis Stage" - AM cardio

15-40 mins later pro/fat meal + 3hrs later pro/fat meal ...

"Anabolic Stage" - PM Workout

7-10 iu IM humalog with 5-7g/iu dex after 5 mins + 75g protein + 75min later pro/carb meal ...

Very helpful! One more question, for the Anabolic Stage PM workout are you taking the insulin pre or post workout?

I was cutting on HGH, T4, and insulin. I did lose body fat but when i dropped the insulin the fat loss was more rapid.

I'm currently on HGH, I find for some reason I'm bloating significantly despite only using very small amounts of HGH. Also, my diet is clean. (Low sodium intake, no sugary drinks ever, no fried foods. It's as close to a competition diet as I can comfortably be without getting lethargic so I know my carbs are low). However, if I stop the HGH for a day or so, I can really tell my obliques have tightened up.

I don't mind bloat if it's short term and the physique improves in the long term. But I want to avoid that as well.

I don't have the body type to be able to diet on insulin on a regular basis. I do however feel that using it once or twice per week on a higher carb day (preferably leg day) has definitely worked well in the past. I used it pre, intra, and post that day with carbs all around the workout. I do feel it helped me make progress especially with legs while not doing any damage as far as fat gain or halting fat loss.

This is also an interesting protocol. I might try this on days when I'm working out my biceps, which is my weakest area by far.

Do you feel you had more power when doing the squats? I would assume so if there is more glycogen now in the muscle.

Are you genetically gifted? If the answer is no, you cant cut and lose insulin.

Ill wait for someone to chime in with my buddy does it who eats mcdonalds, ect.

Pre fasted cardio 2 iu works awesome for myself. If u are depleting enough through the week u can do a skip load to fill out

What I have seen work by what use to be a top guy. He carb cycled going down to '0' for 2days. And the following day for his high carb he used it then. Sometimes that day and the following. The results were incredible

Unless you monitor macros and calories extremely
closely both with and without insulin then it's hard to say exogenous insulin stops or slows fat loss dramatically.
It's the same as with ketogenic diet pushers, it's not that it makes you burn fat more quickly necessarily, it's that you ingest fewer calories. This has been shown time and time again in research, there is no magic with restricting carbs if protein is matched - of course many will refuse to believe this, to each their own. If you do insulin preworkout on a diet and have 80 grams of carbs would you have had those carbs/calories if you didn't use insulin? Or would you have added those calories in in another form during the day? Chances are calories will be higher on the insulin.

So many competitors have managed to get shredded on insulin so you definitely can do it.

What I have seen work by what use to be a top guy. He carb cycled going down to '0' for 2days. And the following day for his high carb he used it then. Sometimes that day and the following. The results were incredible

That would be tough as hell to do I think. I'd probably be in ketosis by the end of two days. So basically in his method he's also treating carbs as a sort of cycle to be used in parallel with the slin?

That seems like it would work, but man those two days of carb depleting would be tough.

Pre fasted cardio 2 iu works awesome for myself. If u are depleting enough through the week u can do a skip load to fill out

I apologize for my ignorance but are you saying do the fasted cardio and then pin AFTER the cardio or to pin before?

And also, could you explain what you mean by a skip load? I understand the depleting part, just not the skip load.

Thanks, this is helpful to me

If you do insulin preworkout on a diet and have 80 grams of carbs would you have had those carbs/calories if you didn't use insulin? Or would you have added those calories in in another form during the day? Chances are calories will be higher on the insulin. .

Well put! This is one of the things that seems bizarre to me. I understand why they add in the carbs but it seems to defeat the purpose, unless the purpose is to get fat.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws