over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dyazide question for competitors

heman4u

Registered
Have used Torsemide before. Not interested anymore. First time thinking about using Dyazide. I cut sodium 1 day out. Few questions. How many hours before pre-judging should we take the dyazide tab and cut water? How many hours before pre-judging should we re-introduce sodium?

I use to take Dyazide with Aldactone back when I competed (a million years ago). I always placed very well so something went right. I think I use to start 3 days before the show, but if interested, I can pull out my old journals, there on stone tablets.

Do not cut sodium. Just lower it. I took dyazide 1/2 at 11 then cut water at 9 took another 1/2. That’s all I needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do not cut sodium. Just lower it. I took dyazide 1/2 at 11 then cut water at 9 took another 1/2. That’s all I needed

This! Never cut sodium completely,
I take ½ dyazide at 7pm on Friday, 1/2 at 11pm and maybe ½ in the morning if necessary! Cut water at 8pm on Friday, just sip it, never cut it completely just like sodium.

Times have changed. We use to use aldactone for the final week (say start Monday) and cut sodium on Weds or Thursday once carb up started. Use to go 0 sodium for those days. Took Dyazide the final two days.
Worked well for me once I knew the tricks to not cramping on stage.

As stated, never cut sodium. Start dyazide at 1/2 tab 3-4 times per day 3 days out. Keep water and sodium high through the night before the show and cut water around 8-9pm. So easy it’s impossible to fuck up and you’ll come in dry as hell

Dyazide comes in multiple strengths (and combinations), make sure you have the right dosage when following "half-tablet" type recommendations.

This! Never cut sodium completely,
I take ½ dyazide at 7pm on Friday, 1/2 at 11pm and maybe ½ in the morning if necessary! Cut water at 8pm on Friday, just sip it, never cut it completely just like sodium.

As stated, never cut sodium. Start dyazide at 1/2 tab 3-4 times per day 3 days out. Keep water and sodium high through the night before the show and cut water around 8-9pm. So easy it’s impossible to fuck up and you’ll come in dry as hell

Thanks Guys. But you guys are not clearing my doubt. Cut water at 8pm, 9pm.. Take dyazide at 7pm, 11pm.. That's Ok.. But what I want to know exactly is the time you go on stage for pre-judging. In my place, the pre-judging is not at the same time as your's. So, what I want to know is the time gap, so I can plan accordingly. What time is pre-judging at your place?

Last edited:
Typically 10-11am is when I actually ended up on stage but it really shouldn’t matter. Diuretics will keep you dry the whole way through, carb up is really the only variable you need to control.

Why are you saying never cut sodium? Your not going to get rid of all the water without doing so, you will spill over, unless something else is being used.
Adding some sodium before going on stage can help if too flat, but very carefully

i would NOT manipulate sodium. If you are lean and eating a very clean simple diet as you should during contest prep sodium will be low as you need it.

reintroducing it and etc is set up for disaster in 99% of the time. That 1% can MAYBE do it cuz they have ALOT of experience with it.

in my experience dyazide is fairly forgiving dont stress over when to take it too much.
-F2S

Sodium is 'cut' to manipulate aldosterone levels, but aldosterone levels can be manipulated without cutting sodium out, instead just increasing it beforehand, then lowering back to normal sodium levels to get the necessary effect.

Why are you saying never cut sodium? Your not going to get rid of all the water without doing so, you will spill over, unless something else is being used.
Adding some sodium before going on stage can help if too flat, but very carefully

High sodium keeps aldosterone low. High water keeps ADH low. Diuretics take care of the sodium/sub q water. I’ve used that protocol countless times along with dozens of other competitors I’ve helped (one just won his class at nationals in open bing) and never once spilled over.

Kaladryn has it right as well

I don't compete but from observation I think
Dyazide works best taken for several days before
a show, even a week. The idea, for me, is not to get dehydrated but to lose any excess water from whatever gear you're on, while drinking and salting normally. Doing it over several days allows you to gauge effects and adjust the dosage. IMO it's pretty mild and usually wont cause problems... unless if you start to restrict water and/or dropping sodium etc. But actual dehydration should last a few hours at most.

Of course most water problems aren't. It's usually fat, not water. :D

I don't compete but from observation I think
Dyazide works best taken for several days before
a show, even a week. The idea, for me, is not to get dehydrated but to lose any excess water from whatever gear you're on, while drinking and salting normally. Doing it over several days allows you to gauge effects and adjust the dosage. IMO it's pretty mild and usually wont cause problems... unless if you start to restrict water and/or dropping sodium etc. But actual dehydration should last a few hours at most.

Of course most water problems aren't. It's usually fat, not water. :D

A shot from the hip!

...and a clean miss.

This what I do. cut water, take dyazide, then 2 hours later, have a fatty meal with lots of sodium and carbs.. like burger and fries.

doesn't matter when your prejudging is. take dyazide when you cut water the night before prejuding.

High sodium keeps aldosterone low. High water keeps ADH low. Diuretics take care of the sodium/sub q water. I’ve used that protocol countless times along with dozens of other competitors I’ve helped (one just won his class at nationals in open bing) and never once spilled over.

Kaladryn has it right as well

Not knocking your way, just not how we did things when I competed. Aldactone and dyazide was the magic touch for me, with the low sodium.
I literally went 0 sodium with distilled water once carbing up started.

Not knocking your way, just not how we did things when I competed. Aldactone and dyazide was the magic touch for me, with the low sodium.
I literally went 0 sodium with distilled water once carbing up started.

Yeah an old school masters friend of mine did the same thing for a long time. A lot of his guys came in flat with the aldactone but the bigger issue is heart problems, among others, as zero sodium and distilled water is a recipe for disaster. He had a heart attack two years ago which they attributed to electrolyte imbalance and he hasn’t touched that protocol since.

Actually another friend of mine collapsed and busted his head and ended with staples/stitches the day after his show doing the same thing about a month ago. Same thing, his blood work showed a huge electrolyte imbalance that was nearly fatal.

Not saying it’s impossible to do safely, although I’d almost say that, but would warn people to exercise extreme caution.

Yeah an old school masters friend of mine did the same thing for a long time. A lot of his guys came in flat with the aldactone but the bigger issue is heart problems, among others, as zero sodium and distilled water is a recipe for disaster. He had a heart attack two years ago which they attributed to electrolyte imbalance and he hasn’t touched that protocol since.

Actually another friend of mine collapsed and busted his head and ended with staples/stitches the day after his show doing the same thing about a month ago. Same thing, his blood work showed a huge electrolyte imbalance that was nearly fatal.

Not saying it’s impossible to do safely, although I’d almost say that, but would warn people to exercise extreme caution.

Great info here.

I don't think people realize how hard diuretics / water depletion / electrolyte imbalances are on the body both short-term and long-term. Jay Cutler said in a Dave Palumbo interview said he feels diuretics are the most dangerous drugs in bodybuilding.

I’ll throw in my personal opinion that I don’t think diuretics are dangerous at all really if used appropriately. However, if someone had no idea what they were doing and just started throwing stuff together then that could be lethal obviously.

Guess that goes for most substances though.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws