YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Waxy Maize. Perfect pwo carb? Anything better?

GoneForever

Banned
So, is it pretty much a fact now that its the best pwo carb you can have. Its super fast acting, yet contains no sugar which should be positive on the body. Any think anything else is better?

Ive always used Maltodextrin. But need to try WM

Just ordered some from TP. Can't wait to try it!

I use waxy maize and a mix of BCAA's but got a whole shit load of sample packs of Nutrex's Volu-Gro which is basically what I make for a third of the price but I do like it though.

Waxy maize is a marketing ploy in my opinion.

Why would I need to get carbs. into me (i.e. raise my blood sugar) faster than some candy or a Gatorade would do?

What's the GI/GL of WMS anyway?

You don't build your muscle only in the first thirty seconds after starting to eat/drink your PWO meal/drink.

Why would I need to get carbs. into me (i.e. raise my blood sugar) faster than some candy or a Gatorade would do?

You don't build your muscle only in the first thirty seconds after starting to eat/drink your PWO meal/drink.

I do like waximaize. Its not really that expensive compared to some supplements. better than dextrose though? not sure about that.

I think the logic behind WMS is that is it absorbed faster than Malto and Dextrose and it doesn't cause any bloating. I think it also is able to carry other supps with it when it is abosrbed as well. Some say it keeps your muscles fuller looking, I'm not so sure about this, but I dont feel bloated and thats good enough. I use a 50/50 mix of WMS and Dextrose with some creatine and BCAAs.

Last edited:
I was thinkin about switchin to 16oz of V8 fusion. Thats 2 full servings of fruits and veggies as well as 60g sugar.

I was thinkin about switchin to 16oz of V8 fusion. Thats 2 full servings of fruits and veggies as well as 60g sugar.

I've been using Optimum's 2:1:1 recovery formula with Waxy Maize in it. I'm sure it would be cheaper just to add some to a protein mix. Where can you buy WM by itself?

I've been using Optimum's 2:1:1 recovery formula with Waxy Maize in it. I'm sure it would be cheaper just to add some to a protein mix. Where can you buy WM by itself?

IDS makes it, I mix it with optimun whey.

So you don't buy into they fact whey would slow it's absorption?

It has been working for me at this ratio: 30g whey, 60g waxiemaise, immediately after work out, 1 hour later I eat dinner.

There is no record GI of WMS but the people that have used a blood glucometer after using it have reported much lower blood glucose than when they use malt/dextrose.

To the person that asked where to get it, trueprotein.com with discount code BTR777 for 5% off.

Its super fast acting, yet contains no sugar which should be positive on the body. Any think anything else is better?

Why is sugar "bad" and why would a complex carb like this that is very high GI be any healthier than a sugar like dextrose?

This is a good point. If you were an endurance athlete doing multiple workouts per day it might offer some important benefits.

As far as the GI:
Vitargo.com said:
What is the Glycemic Index GI of Vitargo?

Many people ask the glycemic Index of carbs in common.
A sports drink should have a high glycemic index, giving a rapid and easy accessible energy to the blood stream and this is the case of Vitargo. No exact value is known at the moment, but insulin and blood glucose values indicates the same GI as for maltodextrine(glucose polymer) ~137.

Lots of people are under the misconseption these high mw carbs don't spike insulin and are low GI.

Why is sugar "bad" and why would a complex carb like this that is very high GI be any healthier than a sugar like dextrose?

I guess its not necassary "bad" I just figured getting 60-80g of pure dextrose pwo compared to waxy maize would be benefitial in less fat storage, and possible less long term effects (diabetes) in the long run, but I have no proof. Just a guess.

I guess its not necassary "bad" I just figured getting 60-80g of pure dextrose pwo compared to waxy maize would be benefitial in less fat storage, and possible less long term effects (diabetes) in the long run, but I have no proof. Just a guess.

I don't think it will cause less fat storage or less insulin release. If anything probably more, since Vitargo is comparable malto which has a higher GI than dextrose.

lol. "sugar free". yeah..... okay.... and your whey is amino acid freee... ?? hahah

i prefer to eat some sugary treats like frosted flakes or swedish fish or some kind of fat free candy or ice cream post workout along with a few scoops of whey isolate. same exact results as "WAXY MAIZE STARCH" (expensive useless overhyped bullshit) but yet i actually get to taste and eat my carbs..

lol. "sugar free". yeah..... okay.... and your whey is amino acid freee... ?? hahah

i prefer to eat some sugary treats like frosted flakes or swedish fish or some kind of fat free candy or ice cream post workout along with a few scoops of whey isolate. same exact results as "WAXY MAIZE STARCH" (expensive useless overhyped bullshit) but yet i actually get to taste and eat my carbs..

Only thing is that sucrose is 50% fructose which has some bad metabolic effects if you consume too much.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws