over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

marvel comics Thor movie

IRON37

Registered
So yeah I guess thor is the next movie up for production from marvel, and they recently announced an open casting call for the part of thor. This guys name seems to be coming up the most, along with the likes of brad pitt, gerard butler, and carl urban. Id say he definately has them beat on size..hes like 6'6' tall..what do yall think? I think pitts too short, and butlers accent is too thick..but I dunno

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
The link wouldn't work for me, but I think Triple H would make the perfect Thor.

no doubt hhh has the LOOK but can he act? They got an awesome director and solid script for this movie to lead up to the avengers movie with captain america, thor, hulk, and iron man. So I think theyre gonna be carefull who they choose

He looks the part. But I would rather have a good actor than someone who looks the part.

I was horrified when i heard Robery downey was iron man OR when i heard Ledger was joker, seeing as im a fanboy. Well, i was wrong on both accounts, so as long as its a good casting director, ima say im ok with who he chooses

UMM

I AM THOR !:D :p

I was horrified when i heard Robery downey was iron man OR when i heard Ledger was joker, seeing as im a fanboy. Well, i was wrong on both accounts, so as long as its a good casting director, ima say im ok with who he chooses

same here man..its like they were born for their role. And nobody knew it except them..

Yeah, good luck with that one BBJ...

The link wouldn't work for me, but I think Triple H would make the perfect Thor.

Of course HHH would make a perfect thor but hollywood wouldn't touch him. I am disgusted at how my DC and MARVEL heroes have been portrayed by these jokers. Thor is huge and muscular almost like a high level national caliber bb'r. Look what they did to superman....yeah i'm sorry christopher reeves is dead but he had no business playing superman. even through his costume you can see the DC superman is olympia material. The few times they got it right really made the movies more enjoyable for me. Dolph Lundgren was a damn good Punisher and Arnold was adequate as conan but brad pitt couldn't even carry thor's hammer. And don't even get me started on the whimpy fucks that they choose for Batman....they have to design rubber muscle suits instead of filling the role with somebody that even looks like they know what the inside of a gym looks like. Hell, i'd even take vin diesel over brad pitt. sorry boys....had to rant a bit on this one.

Of course HHH would make a perfect thor but hollywood wouldn't touch him. I am disgusted at how my DC and MARVEL heroes have been portrayed by these jokers. Thor is huge and muscular almost like a high level national caliber bb'r. Look what they did to superman....yeah i'm sorry christopher reeves is dead but he had no business playing superman. even through his costume you can see the DC superman is olympia material. The few times they got it right really made the movies more enjoyable for me. Dolph Lundgren was a damn good Punisher and Arnold was adequate as conan but brad pitt couldn't even carry thor's hammer. And don't even get me started on the whimpy fucks that they choose for Batman....they have to design rubber muscle suits instead of filling the role with somebody that even looks like they know what the inside of a gym looks like. Hell, i'd even take vin diesel over brad pitt. sorry boys....had to rant a bit on this one.

the thing is that drawing somebody in a comic book and then finding a real life match is next to impossible without sacrificing something about their character. I mean Arnold in conan for instance. He didnt have many lines in that because of his thickass german accent. Yeah he looked the part though. And superman would be an even harder character to cast, since he is jacked up beyond belief..supposed to be one of the strongest beings on the planet. Yet can fit into a business suit and be a nerdy modest news reporter. you cant just walk into golds gym and hire some random bodybuilders. Theyll make the movie cheesy because 99% chance that they cant act. I would love to see bigger guys that can act fill the roles of big characters. But I dont want them to ruin a movie just to look closer to the character. What Im most worried about is who will play captain america. His character is even more complicated than thors. And he has to be a leader to all the others. Hell everybody thought all the spartans looked jacked in 300 just because they have decent abs lol. So who knows how it'll end up

Unfortunately...

Hollywood and the general public in these twisted times, have chopped down the past generations' superheroes to fit their diminished ideals. It seems most these days are not comfortable with the images or ideas of a real Superman. It is easier for them to accept human-sized heroes, even if they are an alien, much less a god. Wolverine, Iron Man, and even the Batman have worked in their present incarnations(for most) because they are human, and easier for weak egos to explain. Anyone who has read 60-70's comic lore, will never forget the sight of Thor, standing a full head taller than the other Avengers, yet retaining comparative mass to height of Captain America. True, finding such physical specimens is sometimes difficult, and training them for minimal dialog challenging enough. However, no pencil-neck Superman or Thor will ever inspire me. Excelsior!

I dunno. This guy's face is too broad in the nose, forehead and jaw. If you look at how Thor was drawn, hes got way sharper features like a pointy nose, sharper jaw, etc. I think they gotta find someone else of Scandanavian blood.

Brad Pitt would suck as Thor. He couldnt even really give Achilles any justice in Troy. Gerard Butler...meh maybe but hes too short. Thor was a big jacked dude. Butler would need some 6 inch pumps under his boots to meet the height requirements and some of that 300 CGI to get the mass.

Last edited:
Cord....

Hollywood and the general public in these twisted times, have chopped down the past generations' superheroes to fit their diminished ideals. It seems most these days are not comfortable with the images or ideas of a real Superman. It is easier for them to accept human-sized heroes, even if they are an alien, much less a god. Wolverine, Iron Man, and even the Batman have worked in their present incarnations(for most) because they are human, and easier for weak egos to explain. Anyone who has read 60-70's comic lore, will never forget the sight of Thor, standing a full head taller than the other Avengers, yet retaining comparative mass to height of Captain America. True, finding such physical specimens is sometimes difficult, and training them for minimal dialog challenging enough. However, no pencil-neck Superman or Thor will ever inspire me. Excelsior!

That is Doc Savage in your avatar isn't it. When I was around 15 I used to go to the corner drugstore just to check out the covers of those Doc savage paperbacks and want to look like him.

I agree IRON but

the thing is that drawing somebody in a comic book and then finding a real life match is next to impossible without sacrificing something about their character. I mean Arnold in conan for instance. He didnt have many lines in that because of his thickass german accent. Yeah he looked the part though. And superman would be an even harder character to cast, since he is jacked up beyond belief..supposed to be one of the strongest beings on the planet. Yet can fit into a business suit and be a nerdy modest news reporter. you cant just walk into golds gym and hire some random bodybuilders. Theyll make the movie cheesy because 99% chance that they cant act. I would love to see bigger guys that can act fill the roles of big characters. But I dont want them to ruin a movie just to look closer to the character. What Im most worried about is who will play captain america. His character is even more complicated than thors. And he has to be a leader to all the others. Hell everybody thought all the spartans looked jacked in 300 just because they have decent abs lol. So who knows how it'll end up

It'a also pretty cheesy to put a smaller statured but well spoken actor in a suit of rubber muscles lol

I dunno. This guy's face is too broad in the nose, forehead and jaw. If you look at how Thor was drawn, hes got way sharper features like a pointy nose, sharper jaw, etc. I think they gotta find someone else of Scandanavian blood.

Brad Pitt would suck as Thor. He couldnt even really give Achilles any justice in Troy. Gerard Butler...meh maybe but hes too short. Thor was a big jacked dude. Butler would need some 6 inch pumps under his boots to meet the height requirements and some of that 300 CGI to get the mass.

I wouldnt mind gerard butler personally, because he obviously has the crazy warrior act down. But I think hes already filming the 300 prequel right now? And yeah its gonna be hard for them to match the height as well. According to the comics, thor is 6'6" tall and about 300 pounds of muscle in the most recent version. All of the other asgardians are huge as well..so I think cgi will have to definately be used somehow. If youve watched the lord of the rings then you can see how well it can be used today without making them look too fake (height wise). If yall want to see a huge thor then why not get titan off the american gladiators to play him lol :D ..

this movie is going to be casting a "well known" smaller actor vs " a rather unknown" larger actor - why? becuase that's what will bring in the $$$$$ and thats what the movie biz is about. so don't be shocked to see brad pitt

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
RES15NMV
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws