advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Excess SEBUM production - experiences with Accutane and other drugs?

jackedrabbit

Registered
I'm sure many of you guys have experienced this - increased grease production from your skin since using AAS. it's a fact - test causes excess sebum production, which in turn causes zits. And if it doesn't cause zits, it makes you look like a greasy mother fucker.

It's kind of annoying me now. In the beginning it wasnt bad but I swear, literally 4 hours after I shower my face will be greasy and I can blot it with tissues and the tissues will be soaked through. it's nasty as fuk.

Anything I can do? I hear washing your face too often will actually make it worse. And Accutane was banned wasn't it? I know it has terrible sides.

I'm only on 750mg of test now and it's still bad.

Jacked, I have this problem too and I hope you get some answers on this. Personally I am hesitant to take accutane, and yes its true that washing your face too often will make it worse. Your body responds to the dry skin caused by washing by producing more oil. If I rake the back of my finger across my forehead I get a layer of glossy oil on my fingernail, friggin gross! It sucks worse because I'm on trt dose. If you have a problem with acne, proactiv works very well.

Jacked, I have this problem too and I hope you get some answers on this. Personally I am hesitant to take accutane, and yes its true that washing your face too often will make it worse. Your body responds to the dry skin caused by washing by producing more oil. If I rake the back of my finger across my forehead I get a layer of glossy oil on my fingernail, friggin gross! It sucks worse because I'm on trt dose. If you have a problem with acne, proactiv works very well.

I don't have an acne problem, just grease.

AND YES I DO THAT FINGERNAIL THING ALL THE TIME!!! :(

It just is getting to me now because I feel DISGUSTING just sitting at my desk at work. It's like I just worked out. My co workers probably think I don't bathe or something. The grease is uncomfortable and it kinda smells...like that scalp/hair smell when you scratch your head.

Try Tea Tree oil (soap), it may help? It has been shown that Tea tree oil raises Estrogen, in this case may be of benefit as excessive androgens generally are the culprit for Sebum, and Estrogen reduces Sebum, this obviously will only mask on a topical level.

Eliminate refined foods and eat foods rich in Vitamin A, if you choose to supplement with Extra Vitamin A, do not over do it, can be very toxic.

BTW are you taking an AI?

A super-low accutane dose of like 10 mg/day or 10 mg/eod has worked well for me. I was up to 20 mg/day but went back to 10 a day because it was irritating my face. I can tell a huge difference in the oil production of my face.

Last edited:
Try Tea Tree oil (soap), it may help? It has been shown that Tea tree oil raises Estrogen, in this case may be of benefit as excessive androgens generally are the culprit for Sebum, and Estrogen reduces Sebum, this obviously will only mask on a topical level.

Eliminate refined foods and eat foods rich in Vitamin A, if you choose to supplement with Extra Vitamin A, do not over do it, can be very toxic.

BTW are you taking an AI?

I was not before, but I recently began .5mg of Adex every other day since I'm contest prepping.

A super-low accutane dose of like 10 mg/day or 10 mg/eod has worked well for me. I was up to 20 mg/day but went back to 10 a day because it was irritating my face. I can tell a huge difference in the oil production of my face.

The low dose accutane worked? Sorry I don't understand your post. 20mg irritated it?

20mg a day gave me the best of my life (chronic oily skin since i was 14). I doubt this dose will give me the permanent effects but so far I've had no negative sides with the exception of feeling down, like a black cloud is following me around. Not sure if the accutane is the cause (I know about the reports of depression of course). Im cycling on and off until i can get an honest feel for what's really causing it.

20mg a day gave me the best of my life (chronic oily skin since i was 14). I doubt this dose will give me the permanent effects but so far I've had no negative sides with the exception of feeling down, like a black cloud is following me around. Not sure if the accutane is the cause (I know about the reports of depression of course). Im cycling on and off until i can get an honest feel for what's really causing it.

I've also heard that using nizoral 2% shampoo as a body wash/face wash works well for sebum

Hey :-D I use proactiv it would be good for oily skin even without spots because it has salicyclic acid in which has a drying affect on the skin. Glycolic acid to prevent oil clogging the pores and oil free moisturiser to prevent shine. As with any product your skin will go worse before it gets better, only while it adjusts to the new product, at least two months. But you only have to Google accutane to see the sides are so not worth it! Especially because you said so far you have no spots. It can make you massively depressed and suicidal! Worth it? (that dead kids got great skin) No! Ha x

accutane imo should really only be used when you face cystic acne. if you are getting small zits here and there that's a sign that your hygiene may be out of wack somewhere

if you have acne which is not cystic in nature it's not worth using in my opinion. wash your face more, but with water only. any kind of face wash is going to dry your skin out and force it to produce more oil.

accutane at 40-80mg per day can have permanent sebum shrinking effects. it can cause your skin, hair, and lips to be dryer for the rest of your life

if you are using accutane b/c you have an annoyingly glossy sheen on your forehead all the time but you don't have acne that is borderline drug abuse.

accutane can lead to lifelong side effects

however, accutane does work amazing. i have been on it, for several months only (half my supposed rx) b/c i began to have bloody stools and felt lethargic and honestly i think accutane is more harmful to your system than any kind of AAS due to its lifelong side effects. some people report crohn's disease as a result

u gotta weight the positive with the negative. if your acne is cystic then it's worth it. otherwise i think you should work on your hygiene

Hey :-D I use proactiv it would be good for oily skin even without spots because it has salicyclic acid in which has a drying affect on the skin. Glycolic acid to prevent oil clogging the pores and oil free moisturiser to prevent shine. As with any product your skin will go worse before it gets better, only while it adjusts to the new product, at least two months. But you only have to Google accutane to see the sides are so not worth it! Especially because you said so far you have no spots. It can make you massively depressed and suicidal! Worth it? (that dead kids got great skin) No! Ha x

Damn bro you should be a rep fro proactiv :eek:

Seriously though, that stuff works

Proceed with extreme caution before trying accutane. Stuff is very harsh, at least for it was.
Fucked up my mind real bad too. Cant argue its effectiveness but if i could go back i would not have used it before trying mega dose b5

When it comes to effectiveness, proactive, nizoral, mega b5 are not in the same league as accutane. It's not even the same game.

I cringe a little when i hear people talk about hygiene and acne. The root cause is so deep in the skin. What are we really doing by temporarily removing that outer layer of oil?

Proceed with extreme caution before trying accutane. Stuff is very harsh, at least for it was.
Fucked up my mind real bad too. Cant argue its effectiveness but if i could go back i would not have used it before trying mega dose b5
What was your dosage and how long were you on it? Can you elaborate a little bit about health issues, particularly your mental health? Before taking accutane, did you consider yourself someone who easily slips into feeling a little depressed or cranky/hateful?

Last edited:
60mg. By the end of month two it had me slip into a deep depression. But yes I do have history of depression. I had been episode free for years previous. No doubt it was from the accutane but also no doubt my past history being a factor too. I read all about it before trying and even my wife who had similar experiences on it as a kid told me tread lightly. But wanting cystic acne gone made overlook the warning signs. So Im not saying that accutane is bad. Im just saying is definately not to be taking lighting. I experienced all kinds of other side effects too but the mental depression is what had me stop. Two months and it completely got rid of my acne and it wasnt just oily skin. It was the kind that I could have got a script for. I just went about on her bc money/insurance. So for every person experiences that were similar to I would find five more who had minimal sides and went acne free. It was my fault and if i could do it over again I would.

Now B5 seems to be pretty effecitve for me while on. But It could because of the effectiveness of accutane. My skin became a full 2 shades darker wo sun for six months with that stuff. Kinda had a reddish tint.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws