YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Wrapping my head around calories with gear - Eat more or eat less than usual?

Autino

Newbies
Stats
41 years old
Male
15 years training
TRT 11 years
Multiple cycles ran over the years

Current cycle
150 Test p /wk
525 Tren a /wk
600 Masteron /wk
50 Winny ED
75 T3 ED
Letro 2.5 EOD
Caber .25 EOD

So on to the diet.
I cannot seem to get my head around the idea that gear allows us to eat more calories. Is this wrong?

For years I have dieted down for shows based on pretty simple formulas, that have seem to work decently well, though I don't seem to make the same progress as my friends and gym partners.

I usually start my calories around body weight x 12, and slowly reduce as my fat loss stalls. By the time I am a week out from a show I am usually down around BW x 8 or so

My coach has me eating more calories than I am used to and though I am staying full, I am not seeing the progress I am used to. (the slower than everyone else progress at that!).

Coach says that I have been dieting like a natty but since I am taking gear, I can afford more wiggle room with my diet. More food/calories and the gear will help partition the nutrients better and I will still make progress.

My thought is that the gear will help preserve muscle while in a caloric deficit and thus, I can go hard on my deficit due to increased nutrient partitioning.

It does kind of make sense that eating more food than I am used to would aid in recovery, strength, size and metabolism health, which in turn could lead to improved fat loss with less of a deficit, but I still am hesitant to increase calories 7 weeks out from a show..

So, does gear allow you to eat more calories than you would be able to without it and still make steady fat loss progress?

Last edited:
It's not about the food it's the timing of the food! On my test days I eat less than 100carbs and I can still be putting on size. I'm at only 320 carbs a day and growing. It's all about the timing in which you consume your food

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not about the food it's the timing of the food! On my test days I eat less than 100carbs and I can still be putting on size. I'm at only 320 carbs a day and growing. It's all about the timing in which you consume your food

So when gear is involved, caloric intake and energy balance goes out the window in favor of meal timing?
I am all ears if you can explain how it works. Looking for every advantage I can get.

Exactly. Just my opinion tho. Just like the argument you should consume carbs before a lift. Personally it makes me sleepy. Protein and fats give me plenty of energy for example mct oil, coconut oil, almonds, pumpkin seeds etc. and consume carbs after with protein so the insulin from carbs can shuttle the amino acids into the muscle

lolol....food timing is a myth......

:cool:

On cycle does your heartrate increase? How about blood pressure? If you think of your heart as your "motor," then doesn't it stand to reason that your heart/motor is working harder around the clock and hence your maintenance calories increase too(?).

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131