over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Abdominal Hernia

Eureka

Registered
Anyone here ever come back after an Abdominal Hernia? The surgeon told me no heavy lifting for 6-8 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

By that time I would like to be in a "bulking" transition. I think I may need more time than 8 weeks if I am going to go heavy.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I would like to know this my self.I have an inguaneal hernia.Its not bad but it is there.I have yet to take care of it.Some tell me don't fix it and then some say fix it.I am really on the fence about this.

definitely get hernias fixed IMO

I had an umbilical repair back in feburary. doctor cleared me to start lifting light weights after 2 weeks

now I'm back and better than ever.. it was a very small hernia, and I got the mesh

having said that, I don't do squats, deadlifts, bent over BB rows, or standing overhead press anymore.

it's not that I can't. I just don't want to risk another hernia lol.. it was a real bitch

Two years ago around Christmas I had 3 hernias repaired. I had an umbilical and 2 inguinal. They went in through my belly button to make the repairs. 6-8 weeks seems about right

Don't use My DR!!!!
Worst recovery ever, hematoma lasted a mnth.
16 wk recovery.......What a Jagoff!!!!

Don't use My DR!!!!
Worst recovery ever, hematoma lasted a mnth.
16 wk recovery.......What a Jagoff!!!!

So after the worst recovery ever, can you still squat or do deadlifts without pain? I was diagnosed with an umbilical hernia last summer and its not really painful but I find I'm constantly am pushing it back in, at least once a day..about the size of a marble.

Debating whether I go under the knife or just leave it as is and hope it doesn't get worse.

So after the worst recovery ever, can you still squat or do deadlifts without pain? I was diagnosed with an umbilical hernia last summer and its not really painful but I find I'm constantly am pushing it back in, at least once a day..about the size of a marble.

Debating whether I go under the knife or just leave it as is and hope it doesn't get worse.

I've put mine off for some time now, couple years actually.

I'm.nit certain which one I have, or what the difference between those mentioned above off the top of my head.

But , mine is where I used to have an "inny" (belly button), but then it became an "outy" protrudes, bout marble sized too, maybe a tad bigger.

and some years back whatever caused it..? always gave me great concern for certain lifts, amount of weight etc.
It's been a hindrance, but I fell out of training & gear for a number of years ,and it normalized , until now, again over 200 lbs, (was 240 9+ years back when I initially caused it)
I'm certain the excess weight has more to do with it , bit not certain what caused it, always uncomfortable after a meal, or bending to tie, or take off boots.

I may still get this looked at, cuz I still wanna put 20, or so pounds back on my frame.

*** What is the difference in the ones. Mentioned...?
Anyone...., Thanks in advance..!

Last edited:
definitely get hernias fixed IMO

I had an umbilical repair back in feburary. doctor cleared me to start lifting light weights after 2 weeks

now I'm back and better than ever.. it was a very small hernia, and I got the mesh

having said that, I don't do squats, deadlifts, bent over BB rows, or standing overhead press anymore.

it's not that I can't. I just don't want to risk another hernia lol.. it was a real bitch

Smart thing to do. I blew mine out again about 4 months later doing deadlifts. I have the mesh too. Doc told me it would be stronger than normal. Just not true. IMO it will always be a weak spot.

I’ve just recently had to have one fixed and definitely has made me train harder with heavy weight

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws