YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Has any serious bodybuilder successfully lowered protein intake for a short time?

Love_to_Bodybuild

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Eating high protein for the rest of your life and being in perfect health!

In that how Fakri Mubarak interview with Dave Palumbo with his kidney issues ,Dave mentioned lowered protein and as a bodybuilder. Ive been eating 250 plus grams just about everyday now for sixteen years, like 300 plus for over a decade. Ive done up to 350, and even 450 at a time, and have taken in 50 grams bcaa's a day

I just thought that when im going through periods where Im not really focused on building muscle like maybe a month here and there, between cycles, drop it to 150-200 grams, when I go down to trt at 70-140 mgs a week or a week on vacation where im not training, just small time windows to give the body a little break .

My issue is I find it difficult bc controlling calories, carbs, and fats, with low protein makes me hungry if im not eating a certain amount of protein. Has anyone done this ? have you good creatinine/bun levels eating 300 plus g protein for twenty, thirty, forty years?

My creatinine/bun levels tested out good a few months ago_One time before that they tested a little high, and I did some research and found out that when they test in the morning, drink a lot of water, like half a gallon or so before,or itll read as high creatinine/bun. Im thinking about possible health prevention as a bodybuilder wanting to live quality long healthy life

Also interested in any feedback from some big guys. I remember big dave smith stating he drops muscle when he lowers protein to much.

However we have muscle memory and certainly gain back this muscle rather quickly back on high protein/ some PEDs.

I would replace the proteins with higher fats. Just think it wont be intelligent to replace them with carbs and modify bloodsugar/insuline.

Gesendet von meinem MHA-L09 mit Tapatalk

Could be wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that John Meadows actually lowered his protein intake for occasional periods of time

People always forget a basic that the more protein-sparing nutrients you eat (and carbs are simply the best at this particular thing), the more protein that won't be used up as fuel. I always cringe when I see diets wherein a large part or the majority of the total energy intake is comprised out of protein.

TheMass aka Mitchell Staats says that he prepped on very high carb, low protein

and it worked quite well for him...

Not sure. Last 4 weeks my protein sources came from white fish, whey isolated, egg whites.

I was doing 2 on 1 off..2 workouts a day split.

Day 1 (high day)
Day 2 (Med day)
Day 3 (off day low day)

I would do 8 egg whites, 1 scp whey isolate, 4oz fish..so basically only 25g protein per meal.

No added fats

High days 750 carbs
Med days 500 carbs
Off days 200 carbs

Np!

Within 2-3 days when I cut back on my lean protein intake, I notice the difference. I feel softer and muscles do not replenish or recoupe the same. I don’t purposely ever reduce my protein intake, just when it’s hapoened from being busy or whatever. The idea to this whole hobby it building, keeping muscle, and taking off the fat to make it pop. Why would you purposely reduce protein intake? If you feel you have to do that, maybe it’s the wrong hobby for you.

I think you could be fine if you use EAAs.

Like 25g EAAs for a few meals instead of 8oz meat

EAA
food
EAA
Food
EAA
Food

That would cut 75g protein out of your diet. The issue is what macro do you replace? Protein has the highest thermogenic effect of all macros and then there’s hunger....

I'm not a massive dude by any means (6'1, 230-235, 10-11%) and a lot of this is gonna come down to how far you're pushing your body personally in terms of LBM. Usually like my intake around 325g/day but I've never noticed a difference when it drops to the 200-250 range for periods either.

Low protein kick. Everyone saying that they can go low and do just as well. Easy to say when u already have plenty of muscle mass and can drop down. To me it’s just like low dose aas. Just isn’t realistic for 99% of people trying to get above classic look. I would say most can’t even get to classic without a good amount of gear and lots of protein. Shit I look back when dnp was a taboo subject.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't lose a ton when I drop protein intake down for a month or so. Maybe a couple pounds and a little bit of hardness. But it comes back quickly. That said....I cant possibly gain shit on lower protein

Eating high protein for the rest of your life and being in perfect health!

In that how Fakri Mubarak interview with Dave Palumbo with his kidney issues ,Dave mentioned lowered protein and as a bodybuilder. Ive been eating 250 plus grams just about everyday now for sixteen years, like 300 plus for over a decade. Ive done up to 350, and even 450 at a time, and have taken in 50 grams bcaa's a day

I just thought that when im going through periods where Im not really focused on building muscle like maybe a month here and there, between cycles, drop it to 150-200 grams, when I go down to trt at 70-140 mgs a week or a week on vacation where im not training, just small time windows to give the body a little break .

My issue is I find it difficult bc controlling calories, carbs, and fats, with low protein makes me hungry if im not eating a certain amount of protein. Has anyone done this ? have you good creatinine/bun levels eating 300 plus g protein for twenty, thirty, forty years?

My creatinine/bun levels tested out good a few months ago_One time before that they tested a little high, and I did some research and found out that when they test in the morning, drink a lot of water, like half a gallon or so before,or itll read as high creatinine/bun. Im thinking about possible health prevention as a bodybuilder wanting to live quality long healthy life

If you follow Jeff Long on Instagram, he is doing it since 2 months and has posted blood results. He did it to lower his BUN, Creatinine and liver levels. He says he cut 150 protein and replaced it with carbs. On sundays he reloads wit 1000g Carbs. And now his BUN, Creatinine, Liver are in the normal levels. Before, his left kidney was inflammed, now it's not and is working perfectly it seems. He says he is not trying to grow and now feels it's easy to maintain weight (he is around 235-240 for the last 5-6 months) with low protein and little testo. Check out his post yesterday for detail.

If you follow Jeff Long on Instagram, he is doing it since 2 months and has posted blood results. He did it to lower his BUN, Creatinine and liver levels. He says he cut 150 protein and replaced it with carbs. On sundays he reloads wit 1000g Carbs. And now his BUN, Creatinine, Liver are in the normal levels. Before, his left kidney was inflammed, now it's not and is working perfectly it seems. He says he is not trying to grow and now feels it's easy to maintain weight (he is around 235-240 for the last 5-6 months) with low protein and little testo. Check out his post yesterday for detail.

But is this actually considered successful? I mean...we pretty much all new that maintaining on lower protein and lower AAS is much easier than trying to make changes

a contrary opinion . . .

Knowing that you cannot store protein, I think that the real issue with consuming
large amounts of protein is that nobody, and I mean nobody, knows exactly how
much protein is actually being utilized by your body and how much is converted to
glycogen.

It is my opinion that the gains that many people associate with extra, excessive
protein intake might actually be attributed to just excess calories.

This is how and where the protein supplement companies make their money; preying
on the unknowns, the insecurities of people and the more is better, play it safe
philosophy when you can actually get all the protein you need from whole foods as
part of a well-balanced food plan.

And while this is clearly good for business for protein supplement companies it might
actually not be good for your body (massive amounts of protein) creating an
unnecessary burden on your body and actually hindering your quest for muscular size.

I get and agree with and get the part the part where you need a bit more protein as
you continue to add muscular mass, but these ‘massive’, frequent amounts of protein
you read about people consuming might actually be doing them more harm than good
(think kidneys).

Knowing that you cannot store protein, I think that the real issue with consuming
much protein is actually being utilized by your body and how much is converted to
glycogen.

It is my opinion that the gains that many people associate with extra, excessive

This is how and where the protein supplement companies make their money; preying
on the unknowns, the insecurities of people and the more is better, play it safe
philosophy when you can actually get all the protein you need from whole foods as

And while this is clearly good for business for protein supplement companies it might
unnecessary burden on your body and actually hindering your quest for muscular size.

I get and agree with and get the part the part where you need a bit more protein as
you continue to add muscular mass, but these ‘massive’, frequent amounts of protein
you read about people consuming might actually be doing them more harm than good
(think kidneys).

100% agreed

Quite a few years ago I cut my protein to about 100 grams per day and increased my healthy fats.No negative effects noted and physique seemed to look and feel Fuller. I realize everybody is different and what works for one may not work for another but feel this is worth a try. At this time I'm striving for good health and longevity so this may not work for those trying to put on a lot of lean mass.

If I have to eat more protein than I feel like, then I feel like that's way too much.

I think our body can be an excellent tool at helping us to know what we need. That need is called hunger.

As an experiment, you can eat plenty of calories by consuming just rice and a fat (butter for instance), but that is not going to satisfy a hunger. Something will feel like it's missing.

I knew a vegetarian that says despite being a vegetarian, her body screamed for meat from time to time. And that's when she went for meat.

Come to think of it, that could have been her way of saying she needed a date. But either way, protein! :)

glycogen.

(think kidneys).

i totally agree.

Numerous studies have shown you only need 0.6g - 0.8g per Lb of body weight to gain muscle. High protein diets just produce expensive urine.

I kinda suspected this for years. Companies just want to sell you more protein powder.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws