YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Which steroids cause the most joint pain?

Which AAS cause the most tendon or joint paint? (Select upto 3)

• Total voters

Landmonster

Registered
So, I have observed anecdotally that some AAS cause more pain in the joints than others. As we are getting older, it seems like protecting joints becomes increasingly important. After all, if you can't push hard, you can't make gains (or even have a quality of life)... regardless of your diet or anabolic protocols.

I wanted to see what you guys think, as far as which compounds are worse on the joints than others? I have some ideas, but I don't want to bias the poll.

Please, in the poll above, select upto 3 compounds which you feel have PERSONALLY actually harmed your joints, or caused pain in your joints or tendons. Did it subside when you discontinued the compound?

Edit:
I know there has been a post floating around BBing forums for years, which talks about collagen synthesis of various AAS, which stated that Deca and EQ and Anavar are good for collagen, whereas others are low... however, I've never been able to find any supportive literature backing those claims up. If anyone has that data, or similar data regarding steroids and tendons or joints, I'd like to see it.

Last edited:
I'm curious to hear what you feel actually causes joint pain directly?

I can see it being an issue through getting stronger -> more wear and tear of the joints.

But directly causing joint pain I can't name any one of the AAS.

I'm curious to hear what you feel actually causes joint pain directly?

I can see it being an issue through getting stronger -> more wear and tear of the joints.

But directly causing joint pain I can't name any one of the AAS.

That's a fair point.

If you gradually get stronger and have more wear and tear over time... that is not the same thing as a certain compound directly hurting your joints. Please differentiate that in your answer.

It may be that for some people, none of these harm your joints.

I've used AAS on/off since the mid 80's. I've never experienced joint pain while on different compounds. No matter what I was on, the joints always felt better when "on" a cycle. It was always coming off them after being on for extended periods of time when the joint pain kicked in hard. It got to the point that I didn't want to come off due to that joint pain.

I frequently read that Stanozolol can be a culprit but I never experienced joint pain while on it:confused:

Last edited:
I feel like I might pay attention to my joint pain more when I am on winstrol. Growing up, skimming articles all I ever read was that winny causes joint pain and or dry joints. I've noticed more and more that my joints hurt every so often when I'm not on winny.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

basically everyone is going to say winny lmao

ive never had a steroid cause joint pain for me... and ive used pretty much all of them.

IMO, what causes joint pain is doing dumb things repeatedly.

Dumb things, that's my issue

ive never had a steroid cause joint pain for me... and ive used pretty much all of them.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Winstrol caused some minimal for me and then GH had moderate at one point. I see you don't have GH on there.

I'm a little shocked that more of you don't realize AAS cause joint issues over time. Even Dan Duchaine wrote about this back in the day. His statement wasthat it takes over a year off AAS for joints to fully recover. Personally, I arrange my use around joint recovery.

EQ has always given me bad tendonitis. I don't really trust that broscience article that recommended it.

You are also very young, and claim to not train very heavy.

I'm a little shocked that more of you don't realize AAS cause joint issues over time. Even Dan Duchaine wrote about this back in the day. His statement wasthat it takes over a year off AAS for joints to fully recover. Personally, I arrange my use around joint recovery.

Me as well. Joint issues have been one of the most surprising side effects of AAS use.

Pick... what strategies have you found to recover joints?

It is interesting how winny is connected to joint pain.
"Everyone" is in extreme joint pain immediately after starting it. I think there's a certain amount of regurgitating of collective internet wisdom by a lot of internet posters, imagined symptoms or causes, to a certain extent. Kind of like high progesterone levels or prolactin gyno etc. Now, I believe it can cause joint pain but at the same time it's interesting how in previous decades some symptoms like this were pretty much unheard of. I once saw where Milos said he never experienced this and never heard about it.

As far as steroids and joint pain go, my whole body hurt from high tren dosages. Hard to explain, but it's an overall achy feeling. Heard the same from a couple of others, guys who never read on the net, and thus do not know what they are supposed to feel from this or that.

Me as well. Joint issues have been one of the most surprising side effects of AAS use.

Pick... what strategies have you found to recover joints?

Time off juice really. At this point it's TRT at 100 mg/w. Drop back the weights and switch to exercises that don't tax the joints as much. Increase reps. Don't go back on until the joints are recovered.

One thing that seemed to help is Ostarine but I had my bloodwork done and my lipids were shit so not really recommending it. Maybe a 4 week course and not on TRT. For whatever reason when I did Ostarine adn TRT dose test I had estrogen issues.

As far as steroids and joint pain go, my whole body hurt from high tren dosages. Hard to explain, but it's an overall achy feeling. Heard the same from a couple of others, guys who never read on the net, and thus do not know what they are supposed to feel from this or that.

Wasn't this likely due to being under more stress because of the Trenbologna? I know that in periods when I'm under greater stress, I get the same type of aches all over my body.

Wasn't this likely due to being under more stress because of the Trenbologna? I know that in periods when I'm under greater stress, I get the same type of aches all over my body.

I don't really know. I was thinking that maybe tren was a bit too good at blocking the effects of cortisol, but I could be way off. I have no hydrocortisone tabs to test if that could "solve" the achy and shitty feeling from tren. Who knows, maybe some of the negative psych effects are partly mediated by cortisol as well.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131