over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Which is better?

monster_mass

Newbies
Are you more likely to keep the gains doing short cycles several times during the year, and actually continue growing, OR is it better to do only 1 or 2 long cycles during the year?

monster_mass said:
Are you more likely to keep the gains doing short cycles several times during the year, and actually continue growing, OR is it better to do only 1 or 2 long cycles during the year?

SHORTER WITH BREAKS, JUST MY OPINION.

how much to expect?

thanks - generally, how much weight does one expect to gain on a short cycle? I just completed a short bulk up phase (7 weeks), and was kinda disgusted that the gains were pathetic (10lbs).....

monster_mass said:
thanks - generally, how much weight does one expect to gain on a short cycle? I just completed a short bulk up phase (7 weeks), and was kinda disgusted that the gains were pathetic (10lbs).....

No one can answer that question because everyone responds differently.

dumb questions are too broad

no one can tell you how much you will gain, its up to you. eat right and theres no telling. you have too many factors going into this to say any exact number of pounds

i love the guys who call and are like yo if i take 100 dbol do u think i could gain 20lb
or how much is a cycle of 100 dbol, and how long is it gunna last me
or do u think if i did X amount ill get ripped, i just say yea and collect my money, lol
frk

I don’t know what you would call this; I like to do what I consider a short cycle but frequently. It goes something like this:
4 weeks long acting 3 week short acting then I take 3-5 weeks off.
I do my most intense training when I’m off (borderline overstrain) let my body grow and fill out when on.
Recently I took 10 weeks off; I lost hardly any size, some hardness... But when I did my blood works, my test at week 10 was 860! I was really pleased.
BTW. My cycles are mainly test. Pre-contest I go more exotic.

Rogue, That sounds like a Paul Borresson type layout. How did you come up with this?

very interesting.
anyways, for what it's worth, took this pics recently after completing the mini bulk up.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 844
PB

Nice size MM! When you’re as advanced in this sport, it’s hard to gain more than 10-12 lbs per cycle and maintain condition. And to answer your question Diezel, Yes this is 100% Paul Boresen inspired. I don’t know if you remember this but I was the guy with Paul giving the Over The Edge seminars all over the place. I find that this works for me and the people I work with. It’s a program that yields amazing results if you are patient and stick with.

question

cool
I dont understand the sequence of taking the long vs short acting stuff. If you take long acting stuff first, by the time it kicks in, it would be around the time you start taking the short acting stuff during weeks 5 to 7. Wouldnt this seem like an "overdose" during weeks 5 to 7 then, and nothing in your system during the first few weeks? Why not take short acting stuff throughout?

A brief and simple explanation would go like this:
Steroids kick in much quicker if you are in a catabolic state(Thats what they where desined for theoretically). By the time your through your last week of fast ascting you have depleted all the long acting from your system and are ready for full on recovery.I theory, you are trying to be clean during that "off' period. Also the fast acting stuff tends to make you harder so, you remain lean and hard during your break.Hope this helps.

Great question!

This stuff intrigues me :)

I think it's just a trade off. Longer cycles keep you growing pretty well, but when you come off, you lose most of what you gained due to a long supressed hpta.

Shorter cycles are much easier to recover from, but you just don't gain like you do with longer cycles.

All in all, if the two different methods were compared for a period of a year or so, I would say that a person who was on for a whole year would be bigger than a person who did short cycles throughout the year (assuming all factors like diet, genetics, etc were equal). During a period of several years however, the results would probably come out close to the same.

Each method also has it's own negative health consequences. Shutting down your hpta and jump starting it again (as in short cycles) on a regular basis can cause an increased risk of testicular and pituitary cancer.
And staying on constantly for long periods has it's problems too. I'd say just try both methods and see what works best for you.

Blitz Cycles

Dont forget about Paul's 28-30 day "blitz" type cycles to, that were set up in similar fashion, long duration compunds and orals at begin, then the short duration fast acting stuff and orals nearing the end, doses were in most cases quite high..

Man I just may have to dig out Paul's books I have and the few copies of The Governor and catch up a bit...lol...

more questions

this is all new to me
are the short cycles as recommended by PB identical each time, or do they vary throughout the year in the stuff used?
also, what are the implications of taking short acting stuff from week 1 to 7, in addition to the long acting stuff from weeks 5-7. This way, there is something in the system from week 1, instead of waiting for the long acting stuff to kick in weeks 3 or 4....

one pro that i talk to semi regular does short cycles.. but, the key is to use fast acting gear.. use esters that break down quickly.. to wait for sust and enth to kick in is useless when you will basically be off when they are at full force.. he does tren, prop, winny, dbol most of the time.. he does 6 weeks on and then the recovery phase.. this is followed for two weeks and then another 4 weeks off..then back on..

Paul B

I gained 17lbs in 17 days on my first Borreson run a few years ago.It was a 30 day blitz,he promised a pound per day,and if I would have eaten enough Im sure I would have gained over the entire month.The cycle was heavy long acting test for 10-15 day,and the final 15 was deca primo prop,I dont really remember the exact amounts.But his ideas worked,just not as good each time I tried.Unless Rogue can convince me otherwise,I believe this type of 30 day blitz is perfect 1-3 times a year to just overload and break through plateaus.

Its been awile since I took 500mg test per day for 2 weeks,maybe its time to try PB theories again at 750-1000mg per day.Didnt Ry Roid advocate this type of stuff?Super high doses/short periods to break through plateaus....

how about receptor sites?

The last thing i really want to do is to increase the dosage with each new short cycle during the year to see any improvement. In addition, doesnt that saturate the receptor sites?

Would you also have to take HCG/clomid after each short cycle?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear