over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Labrada

animal71

Banned
Many of you know Lee Labrada from the oldschool days of bodybuilding, but many don't know how close he came to winning the Olympia, placing top 4 a few times. Seems politics really played a role in him not being top 3. You guys think he should have won the Olympia at any time? We were discussing it on evo and many guys think Labrada is awesome. I like the guy. :)

Many of you know Lee Labrada from the oldschool days of bodybuilding, but many don't know how close he came to winning the Olympia, placing top 4 a few times. Seems politics really played a role in him not being top 3. You guys think he should have won the Olympia at any time? We were discussing it on evo and many guys think Labrada is awesome. I like the guy. :)

He was a top contender back in his prime. He always had a very pleasing physique. Nice shape and symmetry.

One of my favs from back in the day.

PHOTO

Helps to have a pic of him for the younger guys who don't know how good he looked !

Attachments

• lee-labrada-pic.jpg
    lee-labrada-pic.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 1,360

Mate he came second to Haney in 89 and 90 so no politics and YES he was in top 3 twice . it's just haney was the Ronnie of his era = unbeatable. Gaspari had the same fate sadly with second placing to Haney. Labrada was fev to win when o took place in his native country Italy ( I think ) as he was very aesthetics and 'big arms for a small guy' as peter puts it for labrada . I loved labrada. Total gentleman . true class act. He had great great successful career. Unfortunately haney was in the way of a sandow and him and gaspari ! I would have loved both to win one O at least . damn Haney !lol

Last edited:
yes lee was one of fav fm the 80s
lee-labrada-interview_02.jpg

Devenidas is 100% right. Labrada was a great bodybuilder, with great symmetry but no way he could beat Lee Haney.

Devenidas is 100% right. Labrada was a great bodybuilder, with great symmetry but no way he could beat Lee Haney.

Agreed. Haney had a tiny waist and as good of shape as anyone but was waaaay bigger structurally.

Saw Haney in ATL a few months ago - he looks great and very healthy.

Lee looked great, one of the most underrated bb's of all time, in my personal opinion

yes lee was one of fav fm the 80s
lee-labrada-interview_02.jpg

Those classic pics of athletes like Lee are definitely the reason I got involved in BB! :headbang:

I found it "so beautiful" growing up as a kid... and to this day, I still do. :) The 80's were clearly something else for the sport... so many great physiques back then.

As for Lee's placings, well, as Devenidas outlined, hard to say Haney didn't deserve his Sandows... as complete as Labrada was, there was just a WOW factor with Haney that was hard to duplicate... ;)

Mate he came second to Haney in 89 and 90 so no politics and YES he was in top 3 twice . it's just haney was the Ronnie of his era = unbeatable. Gaspari had the same fate sadly with second placing to Haney. Labrada was fev to win when o took place in his native country Italy ( I think ) as he was very aesthetics and 'big arms for a small guy' as peter puts it for labrada . I loved labrada. Total gentleman . true class act. He had great great successful career. Unfortunately haney was in the way of a sandow and him and gaspari ! I would have loved both to win one O at least . damn Haney !lol

Exactly. No politics at all. Lee looked incredible he was simply too small structurally to beat Haney.

I'm a big fan of his physique. Aesthetics at its finest, beautiful lines and symmetry. They don't make them like that anymore and I am part of the "newer" generation. I like today's physiques but they don't even come close to the early 90's.

This is on video on record anyone can find this info on u tube. I remember this 200 percent accurately from years ago as haney said this from his own mouth....

''I was the PRETTY BOY. Fast twitch guy. In and out of gym. I would go in just do enough to stimulate those fast twitch muscle fibres and just grow''

Now why did haney call himself a pretty boy cos he bloody knew very well how much effort, hard work his peers like gaspari and labrada was putting in comparison to him.

So Gentlemen's who were the ball busting guys of that era who did not have it easy and still won points over haney and pushed him to extreme??

Two Italians gaspari and labrada who crafted and crafted and crafted their masterpieces against all odds stacked against them. Love them both so much. Real champions who actually leave a mark on ones heart and mind with their true grit.

and this reigning Mr O aka pretty boy as he called himself was beaten (yes beaten) by SEVERAL POINTS by the actual hero of the show, the legendary giant killer Labrada only to be taken away from him in the night show by 2-3 points as it happened !

2 comments below are copy and paste from Labrada's interview...

ALONG THOSE SAME LINES, WHICH ONE OF THE COMPETITIONS THAT YOU COMPETED IN STAND OUT AS SOME OF YOUR TOUGHEST BATTLES?

Oh, undoubtedly, the battles I had with Haney in '89 and '90. I would say that if it came down to one, it would be the battle that I had with Haney in '90. You know, at the time, after the pre-judging of that show, I was ahead by several points going into the night show. Then, he defeated me by two or three points. It was a hard loss to swallow.

YOU'VE COMPETED AGAINST SOME REALLY AWESOME BODYBUILDERS DURING YOUR COMPETITIVE CAREER IN THE 1980'S AND '90'S. OUT OF ALL THE OUTSTANDING PROS YOU'VE FACED, WHICH ONE DO YOU THINK WAS THE MOST GENETICALLY GIFTED?

I would have to say Lee Haney or Flex Wheeler were the two most genetically gifted bodybuilders that I've competed with. Lee Haney was in just in a class by himself. He was an incredible bodybuilder with a lot of God given talent there.

Agreed. Haney had a tiny waist and as good of shape as anyone but was waaaay bigger structurally.

Yeah i think Labrada was great, deserving of an O, but just like many other great bodybuilders there was a better one in his way. Lots of guys had to settle for 2nd and 3rd during the Haney, Yates, Coleman years. Guys who would have otherwise won....

Labrada, Gaspari, Levrone, Wheeler, Ray... Just to name a few.

This is on video on record anyone can find this info on u tube. I remember this 200 percent accurately from years ago as haney said this from his own mouth....

''I was the PRETTY BOY. Fast twitch guy. In and out of gym. I would go in just do enough to stimulate those fast twitch muscle fibres and just grow''

Now why did haney call himself a pretty boy cos he bloody knew very well how much effort, hard work his peers like gaspari and labrada was putting in comparison to him.

So Gentlemen's who were the ball busting guys of that era who did not have it easy and still won points over haney and pushed him to extreme??

Two Italians gaspari and labrada who crafted and crafted and crafted their masterpieces against all odds stacked against them. Love them both so much. Real champions who actually leave a mark on ones heart and mind with their true grit.

and this reigning Mr O aka pretty boy as he called himself was beaten (yes beaten) by SEVERAL POINTS by the actual hero of the show, the legendary giant killer Labrada only to be taken away from him in the night show by 2-3 points as it happened !

2 comments below are copy and paste from Labrada's interview...

ALONG THOSE SAME LINES, WHICH ONE OF THE COMPETITIONS THAT YOU COMPETED IN STAND OUT AS SOME OF YOUR TOUGHEST BATTLES?

Oh, undoubtedly, the battles I had with Haney in '89 and '90. I would say that if it came down to one, it would be the battle that I had with Haney in '90. You know, at the time, after the pre-judging of that show, I was ahead by several points going into the night show. Then, he defeated me by two or three points. It was a hard loss to swallow.

YOU'VE COMPETED AGAINST SOME REALLY AWESOME BODYBUILDERS DURING YOUR COMPETITIVE CAREER IN THE 1980'S AND '90'S. OUT OF ALL THE OUTSTANDING PROS YOU'VE FACED, WHICH ONE DO YOU THINK WAS THE MOST GENETICALLY GIFTED?

I would have to say Lee Haney or Flex Wheeler were the two most genetically gifted bodybuilders that I've competed with. Lee Haney was in just in a class by himself. He was an incredible bodybuilder with a lot of God given talent there.

Actually labrada only trained 30min to 45min max and I would say labrada was more than likely the healthiest out of all of those guys afte knowing him and what he's about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those pictures posted are fucking unreal, he looks sick for not having that long of limbs ..

If all he was really about was compounds like primo/masteron I think that's badass ! He was always about physique over size, I respect that

He was a real nice guy too. My weight lifting club in college paid him to come and guest pose for our contest on campus and the day before he gave a short question and answer forum. He was down to earth and very friendly. Smart guy too.

We also had Bob Paris come to our college, but he did not come for bodybuilding. Bob came to talk about gay rights. He had his boyfriend Rod with him.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131