YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Not lifting logs but a log of lifting, and stuff.

Rompsy

Newbies
Hello, This will be my log.

I'm a small guy trying to grow, maintain a decent body comp with a list of issues. Lifting is my release and thats whats become my passion the past 5 years. I tend to do too much and run myself in the ground, so i thought this log would be nice to have somewhere to log my stuff, perhaps have input from others and just share what im doing. Maybe someone can get something out of it, like a laugh lol.

I basically have no life so i spend my days lifting, buying groceries, eating and watching some movies, reading articles and browsing the internet.

If i find anything entertaining or interesting online, i'll post that in this log as well.

If you have any questions or comments, post 'em.

Last edited:
I'll just start from today.

I usually have a day of high carbs, medium protein, low fat a week, which has been on saturdays the past 4 weeks.

I tend to keep them fairly clean(pasta, white rice, oats etc), but once a month i might go out to eat sushi or perhaps make pancakes or something like that.

The reason i started doing it was because i felt quite depleted and flat after thursday and friday, and i have my two heaviest sessions on sundays and mondays which is back and legs, and i found it to help with my performance and feeling better in the gym with that approach.

I'm considering dropping these days though, as i feel eating 6500kcal in one day like this during a somewhat surplus sounds like a bad idea in terms of fat gain, but my body comp dosent seem to be taking much more of a hit than just from the slight surplus i have during most week days.

Today was an active restday in the gym, and that means fullbody work.

What was on todays schedule:
Code:
Wide pulldown,mag		4x16
wide cablerow			4x16
dumbbell flye			3x21
sitting calfraises		3x17
goblet Squats			3x20
sitting Legcurls		4x24
leg Extensions			4x32
reverse dbbFlyes		2x26
sitting lateralraises		2x25
onearm Cablecurl		2x18
Rope Pushout			2x20
Cable Shrug/row			2x25

If you are wondering about the intensity during these workouts, most of the sets are at an RPE(rate of percieved exertion) of 7-8. Small exercises like legcurls, leg extensions, rope pushouts and lateral raises are basically at RPE 10 on the last set. Thats the goal atleast, i usually end up going to RPE 9 on the last sets anyway.

The morning routine during these recovery days are: wake up, prep food/supplements, head out to do 15-20min LISS cardio on a bike on the way to the gym.

Intraworkout i do a mix of whey protein and a weight gainer which comes out to 26g carbs from maltodextrin/fructose/fine oat flour and 37g protein coming from whey protein plus 5g creatine, 5g leucine, 10g citrulline malate, 2g salt and 1-2g cinnamon.

I recently added the carbs/gainer to this intraworkout and i notice much better energy and better pump.

Last edited:
It would be nice if you were able to edit your posts after 15 minutes as well.

Here's a good podcast i recently listened to with broderick chavez and James hoffman talking about all things recovery. Its pretty basic stuff but its critically important as well as without recovery, we wont progress.

https://teamevilgsp.podbean.com/e/spr-ep013-dr-james-hoffmanphd/

Everything i've seen from broderick chavez have been good. He did a podcast with lyle mcdonald on PEDs recently as well, here is the link for that:

part1: https://teamevilgsp.podbean.com/e/spr-ep016-–-ped’s-aka-steroids/
part2: https://teamevilgsp.podbean.com/e/spr-ep018-–-peds-aka-steroids-part-ii/

For anyone going through injuries, here's a podcast with broderick chavez and lyle mcdonald talking about nutrition in regards to injuries: [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UHwjW9p_aE"]Lyle McDonald and Broderick Chavez Optimal Nutrition for injury recovery - YouTube[/ame]

Lyle mcdonald actually released a new book about a week ago about optimal nutrition during injuries which you can find here: **broken link removed**

I haven't read it myself, but im sure its pretty good as most of lyle's content tends to be imo.

Did my weekly refeed yesterday, 1015g carbs, 462g protein and 51g fats.

Code:
meal1/intraworkout: 50g gainer, 25g whey intraworkout
meal2: 300g white bagels, 75g jam, 200g cottage cheese, 40g whey.
meal3: 250g pasta, 200g chicken, 250g vegetables.
meal4: 150g rice, 35g whey.
meal5: 100g rice, 200g chicken, 250g vegetables.
meal6: 100g rice, 40g whey, 200g cottage cheese, 110g raspberries.
meal7: 150g oats, 20g whey, 200g cottage cheese.
meal8: 260g oat tortilla, 300g quark, 75g jam.
meal9: 260g oat tortilla, 230g chicken.

Didnt feel like i filled out that well tbh.

So i woke up today tired af, packed stuff, went to the gym and had some back/chest/biceps/calves.

Stretched and did 4x12 chins as a warmup.

The workout looked like this:
Code:
2x10/2x15 unilateral medium grip Pulldown
3x15 dumbbell rows
4x10 wide pulldowns+1x8 and holding the stretch for 5-10 seconds.
3x15 overhand cablerows
3x20 CableRows from high pulley w/ezbar
3x20 cableShrugs/rows w/rope

2x12-15 dumbbel flatbench
2x8-12 cable flyes
2x12-15 hammer decline press

4x10 sitting dumbbell curls
3x12 hammer cablecurls

3x20 sitting calfraises

I felt quite run down today. I messed up my weights on the first exercise but i reached positive failure so i went as hard as i could on it. My chest has been fucked the past week, i failed on set 3/4 on my last chest session and today i was aiming for 3x16 and i barely got 15 on my first set and 11 on the second set so i seem to have overreached a little there. Thinking about taking a deload for 4-5 days where i cut volume and do less intensity to give me body some time to get rid of the fatigue. I haven't had a deload in 6-8 weeks now and i've been working out every single day, though my recovery days arent as heavy.. i guess its still somewhat stressing. So i ended up cutting those worksets on chest today short cuz my performance was worse then last time where i hit 15/16/16 and it felt achy, heavy and fucking with my right shoulder. Fucking pissed me off.

Diet so far today has been:
Code:
meal1/intraworkout: 60g whey/70g dextrose, 5g creatine, 10g citrulline, 5g leucine, 3g salt.
meal2: 200g chicken, 165g rice, 200g greens.
meal3: 200g chicken 165g rice, 200g greens.
meal4: 120g oats, 200g cottage cheese and 45g whey.

Will have 3-4 meals more mainly low carb, medium fat and high protein before i hit the sack.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. What are your stats? Height/weight/bf?

I'll follow, show us how its done.

I've been feeling quite run down lately, getting more sore, more achy knees/delts and last week my overhead pressing strength took a hit and then my chest pressing, then yesterday after squats, i couldn't lift shit compared to last time. Was going for 3x10 on legcurls, got 1x9/1x7. Same with legpresses, leg extensions and the dumbbell stiffdeads were laughable, i was actually laughing out loud because i was performing so badly. I was going for 3x13 and got 1x8 on the first set so i tried another one and it just felt grindy, achy on my lower back, no muscle-mind connection. So i called it quits there.

Also had trouble falling asleep the past 4 days which is a classic sign.

So to my point; I'm now deloading for 7 days due to being overreached, going to have 3-4 EASY sessions just to keep blood flow, mobility and ROM good.

Yesterdays leg and shoulder session was the following:
Code:
warmup: hip/quad/glute/ham stretching, 3x20 on reverse hyper and 2x10 on standing legcurls.

1x11, 1x7, 2x9 on squats.
2x6-8 on laying legcurls
2x12-15 banded leg extensions
2x15-20 oneleg legpress
2x30 close stance legpress
1x8 dbb stiffdeadlifts

2x18 laying dbb reverse flyes
3x18-20 dbb lateral raises
2x8-12 dbbPresses

1x20 ezPushdown

This is not how my regular training volume is, but i cut it down due to being so fatigued. I'm happy that my squats went fairly well though. I actually progressed on them compared to all the other exercises which just sucked ass. I noticed that i needed an unusual amount of time between sets to get my heartrate back down though, and i was sweating quite a lot more than usual. I guess thats a sign of highly elevated cortisol(?)

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. What are your stats? Height/weight/bf?

I'll follow, show us how its done.

I'll show you how i do it ;)

Current stats: 5'9, 210-212, bf 10-12% (perhaps 9-11)

I have a fair bit of body dysmoprhia so i find it hard to estimate my bodyfat :p Im fairly lean though.

yesterday was a active restday, I contemplated dropping it since im deloading, but i went anyway since i think its good to get some blood moving ..and stuff. Fell asleep at fucking 4am and woke up at 12opm (in addition to those 3-4 times i wake up to pee)

I reduced the volume and intensity here too, 2 sets instead of 3.yesterday was a active restday, I contemplated dropping it since im deloading, but i went anyway since i think its good to get some blood moving ..and stuff.

I reduced the volume and intensity here too, 2 sets instead of 3.
Code:
chins		3x8
dumbbell flyes		2x20
hammer low row		2x15
sitting calfraises		3x15
facepulls		2x25
dumbbell lateral raises		2x30
sitting legcurls		2x20
leg extensions		2x30
wide cablecurls		2x12
hanging leg raises		3x12
cable pullovers		3x12

Felt pretty fatigued and tired afterwards even though i wasnt going hard. Ended the session with 10min of stretching.

Yesterdays diet looked like this:

Code:
meal1:
285g salmon
150g cottage cheese
70g coconut milk
125g red onion
500g greens

meal2/post-active recovery:
400g cottage cheese
40g whey

meal3:
3 eggs
400g ground beef
500g greens
130g pickled beets

meal4:
400g cottage cheese
50g whey
35g peanut butter
150g bluberries
20g gelatine

meal5:
400g cottage cheese
45g whey
145g blueberries
13g sesame paste

3813kcal, 488 protein, 141g carbs, 143g fats.

Had trouble fallig asleep this night as well. Went to bed at like 11 and fell asleep at 2am or so.

Other things to mention is that ive been having a headache most of the day. My legs and knees are very sore and beat up, was kinda achy walking up and down the stairs today.

Last edited:
Still deloading from training, been taking 2 days off from the gym now. Everything is aching and i feel tired all the time.

Yesterdays activity was pretty low, just some walking.

Yesterday's diet was low carb, medium/high fat and high protein and i ate my first meal at like 2pm. Kinda like intermittent fasting i guess.

Consisting of:
Code:
meal1:
250g white fish
4 eggs
500g greens
75g pickled beets

meal2:
400g cottage cheese
185g blueberries
20g almonds
20g gelatine
35g whey

meal3:
300g chicken
500g greens
60ml coconut milk
20g sesame paste

meal4:
3 eggs
130g cottage cheese
88g smoked trout
90g red onion
22g coconut milk

meal4:
670g cottage cheese
45g whey
15g almonds
20g coconut milk
145g blueberries.

3571kcal, 457 protein, 133g carbs and 135g fats.

I'm also adding 1-3g turmeric and black pepper to 3-4 meals, feeling very inflamed everywhere so hoping it will help together with eating more omega3s as well.

Still having some trouble falling asleep, but its getting better day by day. I do feel like i could sleep most of the day though.

Appetite is a little lower as well, it is to be expected as im not expending as much energy as usual.

Did a 10 day deload. Tried 5 days off, got back to the gym for 2 days and was completely fucked so i took 5 days off again. Seem to be back in action now. Going into a lower volume, higher intensity routine.

The split is upper/lower/off/push/pull/legs/off, 1-4 warmup sets depending on compound vs isolation exercise, one workset of 5-8, one workset of 10-15, and alternatively one workset of 15-20 depending on the exercise. I might also reverse it and do something like 1x20, 1x15, 1x10, 1x6-8.

The reason i haven't been posting is beacuse i was deloading and didnt have much to say. i also had issues remembering my login details for the 4th time, lol.

Today was the first push day on this split, so i had to guess what weight i'd use to hit the desired rep range.

Code:
warmup: 1x27/1x21 on cable rope shrug/row and 1x33/1x22 on external rotations.

dbbIncline 1x11/1x16
Dips 1x4/1x8/1x13
dbbFlyes 1x21/1x15/1x10
standing calfraises 3x14-16
facepulls 1x20/1x14
sitting lateral raise 1x30/1x20/1x16/1x12
BTN press 1x8/1x3/1x12
wide cableUprightRow 1x17/1x13
reverse pecdec 1x16/1x12/1x7
Sitting calfraises 3x11
Sitting dbbCurl 1x16/1x12/1x9
wideCableCurl 1x15/1x12

I feel like i get better contractions using less volume, my muscle doesnt get as tightened up and stiff. It might be due to the delaod but we'll see how it continues.

Current kcal intake is 5000kcal on training days and 4700kcal on restdays.

Weight has been stable the past week or so. Except for the ~1lb gain i had during my deload, i think i just filled out a little cuz i was so wore out and kinda flat. Got to keep my nutrition up...

Had some back, was quite good:

Code:
Warmed up with pec/lat stretching, 3x12-15 cable rope pullovers and 2x12-15 hanging legraises.

Unilateral Pulldown	1x7/1x10
t-bar,medium grip	1x15/1x8
neutral pulldown,wide	1x8/1x12
v cable row		1x8/1x10
mag10pulldown,close	1x12/1x8
vPushdown		2x10
ropePushout		2x12

Doing about 2-3 warmup sets on each exercise just pyramiding down in reps.
Feels quite good going all out on every set and doing a little less volume. My muscles dont tighten up as bad as when i was doing more volume. Thinking of progessively upping the volume the following weeks and seeing how i handle it.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws