over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone train at Anytime Fitness?

IRON37

Registered
One opened recently by me, and Im pretty sick of going to the craphole Ive been at. Anyone have any experiences with the place? Do they dick you over with hidden fees etc? Seems like a nice place when I took the tour but theres gotta be a catch lol.

there is one near me and i joined 2 years ago when i lived out that way, month to month was like $62 plus you had to pay $100 extra upfront for their key tag that unlocks the door. when i was getting ready to move i went to turn my key tag and they charged me $130 early termination due to me not giving them 90days notice i was leaving. i wouldnt give them a fukin dime of my money and they have no equipment to speak of, at least here. if theres ever more than 4 people lifting you will be waiting on something. their name says it all "fitness" they are a fitness center not a gym! just my experience, you may love it. good luck!

VP

Thanks for the input VP. I spoke to one of the managers and he wrote on a business card 1 year is $36 per mo and 2 year $30 per mo, $35 security card. I think he said $45 for month to month but yeah probly bs.

The equipment was decent.. smith machine, power rack, some benches, loaded barbells, db that went to 100s. He claimed 120 lb db and a bench press were 'on the way' but hell if I know lol.

I keep reading about those cancellation fees. Thats ridiculous.. or that they keep charging after some people cancel.

I have extensive experience with Anytime Fitness. There are 6 or 7 of these in my city alone.
I joined mainly due to frequent business travel and they are everywhere that I need them to be and growing like crazy (even internationally). They are a key club with 24/7 access. As the other poster said, DB's go to 100 (some places go to 120) , but I can make due. Different equipment depending on who owns that franchise and what he wants to put in it.
I've never seen one crowded and I've been to about 25 of these. No more than 10 or 12 people at once. That's the good thing. I like to do my shit and get out. No one really socializes there either..another plus.
It's not hard core nor is it Planet Fitness. It's in between. They are usually smaller with no locker rooms...just bathroom with a shower and a small area to put your bag, keys etc. Nothing fancy. A lot of them are located in strip malls and meant to be "neighborhood gyms".
Most of the gyms have power racks and all have Smith Machines that I've seen. All have cables.
Some have Olympic flat benches and incline benches too. There's definitely enough equipment in there to get a decent workout for me. Decent amount of cardio stuff and you can hit the heavy bag at some if you want.
Love the key club and can go do fasted cardio at 3 or 4 am and not have to worry about the place being closed. There's only 1 or 2 people on staff that work during the week from like 10 to 7...no one there after that or on weekends. Supposedly there are cameras all over the place..no one pulls any shit there anyway. It's kind of low key. They are usually cool about bringing a friend to train with you if you want. I only do this when my brother is in town.
I can't tell you about any billing issues. I pay up front in cash for the year and health care reimburses for the membership. They are all priced differently according to the market where you live. I paid $480 for 16 months (basically $30 per month) all up front in cash.
You have to wait 30 days in the beginning for your key to work at all the other locations besides your home gym.
Hope that's enough for you man....if you need anything else, hit me up.

Last edited:
One opened recently by me, and Im pretty sick of going to the craphole Ive been at. Anyone have any experiences with the place? Do they dick you over with hidden fees etc? Seems like a nice place when I took the tour but theres gotta be a catch lol.

On occasion Costco sells memberships to Anytime fitness. It is pretty cheap through them too. If you are about to sign up you should check the Costco website before you do.

Its good if you work or travel out of town since you can use any of them. Ive seen some have better equipement than others. I like it overall, Its 24/7 and you can tan there also. I joined with a 2 year contract.

It gets the job done and I can go whenever I want to train.

there is one near me and i joined 2 years ago when i lived out that way, month to month was like $62 plus you had to pay $100 extra upfront for their key tag that unlocks the door. when i was getting ready to move i went to turn my key tag and they charged me $130 early termination due to me not giving them 90days notice i was leaving. i wouldnt give them a fukin dime of my money and they have no equipment to speak of, at least here. if theres ever more than 4 people lifting you will be waiting on something. their name says it all "fitness" they are a fitness center not a gym! just my experience, you may love it. good luck!

VP

Your on a month to month but they charged you a termination fee? If they did it was in your contract so read it next time. If they didn't have any equipment then why did you join in the first place. Man up.....you didn't fulfill your obligation and you want to blame the gym when it was clearly your fault. I own a chain of gyms and can't stand people like you! You must be young and irresponsible. Grow up and take some responsibility!

Thanks for the input guys. I think Im gonna try it out for a month and see how it is. I'll be sure to pay in cash just in case lol. Will be nice to get a change of scenery.

I would like the 24/7 access !

I work out at SNAP fitness which is almost the same deal. It's not bad. Has all the basics and is open 24/7/365

I heard that SNAP is similar, but they only have one location in my city (and it's almost 20 miles away) and are not in some of the places that I frequent on business. Glad it works for you though.

I actually am the owner of an Anytime Fitness franchise in IL. Even though they are a very rapidly growing franchise, i have learned since we opened, that many are very different. My gym is setup nicely, we have a hammer strength half-rack, smith mahcine, dumbells up to 100, LifeFitness Machines, and LifeFitness Cardio, plus we built a room for group fitness classes. Our gym is very comparable, in size (5K sqft) to cardinal, fitness 19, fitness advantage, world gym, etc.............pricing? I can say for certain that each one has their own model, very dependent on local competition, area, etc.............so it doesnt surprise me the rates vary as that is very common.........With our gym, we have been getting many members from the big box gyms, as 90% of people that go into an LA Fitness, Lifetime Fitness, you name it any big box gym are there to use the cardio, machines, and free weights. Most people do not use the swimming pools, moutain climbing, etc that are at the big box gyms and most people get stuck paying the high price at those clubs because you are paying for all the upkeep of the overhead.

But big advantages of Anytime overall: is the reciprocity (using any club worldwide with the key fob) the 24 hours, especially if you are in an area of lots of shift work. By no means is it a hard core gym and really it is more of a market for gym newbies, at least my club has been, and they do vary from location to location with equipment, look, and pricing.

Finally on SNAP I would say similar in the fact they are open 24/7 and have a key fob or something similar, but really much more basic than Anytime. Usually or at least the ones I have seen and talked with people about are generally about 1/2 the size of most Anytime Fitness locations.............

Hope this helps with the initial post, overall, location dependent, as alot of the clubs are different as far as layout and pricing, by no means a hardcore environment, but most are sufficient, at least I can say ours is, to get a complete workout that is complete with a solid mix of free weights, machines, cardio and fitness classes........

peace

I used to go to Anytime.
I loved the 24 hour access.
Mine was only $30 a month, there was no early termination when I left, and I the only time you had to pay the $130 for an entry key was if you lost your original one.
They would fine you if you let someone slip through the door behind you, but that was easy to avoid.

The only reason I left was the owner of the one I went to started getting lax about things, and equipment that needed repair and maintenance began sitting longer and longer. I bit the bullet and started paying $55 per month for a huge athletic club membership with racquetball courts, saunas, a massive weight room, tons of cardio equipment, and basketball courts. It was well worth the extra $25, I am very happy with the new place.

It's all I have here in my small Midwest town and it sucks. No money spent on lifting equipment and all spent on treadmills and junk ab machines. I have been on them to at least get some kind of calf machine for five years and they can't figure out why you would need a calf machine. And there are hidden fees at mine. I started noticing that someone was taking an extra 35 bucks out of my account every six months and they said that was for upgrades and buying new equipment we asked for. Fukn Bullshit! Only new stuff i've seen in there is shit off info-mercials. Fuck Anytime!

it all depends on the owner...i used to own 3 of them and i had Db's to 150, logs, power racks etc...but most owners are retards and hardly workout and thats exactly why i took a buyout and opened a metroflex gym :)

I been a member for a while at one. Now all of a sudden the gym owner tells us no heavy deadlifting, no squats outside the rack and no dropping any dumbell ever. Rediculous. I workout with a partner and we were both using a bar in the floor for deadlifts and he said we were taking up too much space. Everyone is on a treadmill!

Sent from my ThinkPad Tablet using Tapatalk

I manage one, like stated earlier everything is owner deoendant Id go check it out ask for a free trial. Some people do have trouble cancelling but I have found out its usually who ever is managing the accouts fault by not following through

And we dont have any crazy policies either (no deadlifting, grunting ect( see what kinda guy the owner is, chat with him that will give you a good idea

It's all I have here in my small Midwest town and it sucks. No money spent on lifting equipment and all spent on treadmills and junk ab machines. I have been on them to at least get some kind of calf machine for five years and they can't figure out why you would need a calf machine. And there are hidden fees at mine. I started noticing that someone was taking an extra 35 bucks out of my account every six months and they said that was for upgrades and buying new equipment we asked for. Fukn Bullshit! Only new stuff i've seen in there is shit off info-mercials. Fuck Anytime!

This is exactly why you pay in cash and get everything in writing!! No bank account information...ever. Live and learn. Are you young? Sorry that happened to you.

Staff online

• MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear