over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Endo wants me to come off TRT

nothuman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
She prescribed it for me a month ago after I checked myself into a hospital when I got heart palpitations. Long story short, after all sorts of tests, I decided to come off AAS for life. I was fortunate enough to be able to have an endo prescribe it for me while there.

I just had my appointment with her yesterday. She wants me to only use it for three months and then try to recover naturally. I explained I had "low" test before I started four years ago (336 total). She kept asking what time of the day it was and that I did it at a "peak" time in the day. I've been shut down for nearly four years now, and have no desire to try to recover natural test production. I am only 28.

She wants me to try to recover and will cease to continue the prescription in three months, as she wants me tapering off.

Who is right here? Her or me?

Just to clarify, I don't want to try coming off. I doubt I'd have over 400 levels at the most and I'd rather have 800-900. I'd probably have to resort to using UGL gear for TRT again, which wouldn't be ideal.

Just find another doctor. Preferably a urologist.

Here's my advice. When it comes to a Doctor or anyone else for that matter they are providing a service for a fee (either to you or your insurance co.). If you don't like the service just switch docs until you get what you want. Also, numbers don't lie and if that's your bloodwork then you need to be on exogenous testosterone IMHO.

I have told you I waited until I was 45 to mess with this poison. I'm very happy with that choice. They werent even controlled when I was your age and I waned nothing to do with them. You are a young guy and honestly I don't think you handled them very responsibly. You have an Endocrinologist to help you get back to normal. You are very lucky. Very lucky. You don't need to be a ripped 220 to have fun in your 20s or to date pretty girls.

Don't be a meat head. You are certainly smarter than that.

I have told you I waited until I was 45 to mess with this poison. I'm very happy with that choice. They werent even controlled when I was your age and I waned nothing to do with them. You are a young guy and honestly I don't think you handled them very responsibly. You have an Endocrinologist to help you get back to normal. You are very lucky. Very lucky. You don't need to be a ripped 220 to have fun in your 20s or to date pretty girls.

Don't be a meat head. You are certainly smarter than that.

Ok, that is true and you're telling me what I already know but I don't have a time machine. However, none of this has anything to do with me being on TRT or not, considering my levels before I started AAS.

Also tri, this is more than about looking good. Of course I still want to look my best with what I have to work with, but I don't want to spend 4-6 months trying to recover natural testosterone I probably don't have.

Also tri, this is more than about looking good. Of course I still want to look my best with what I have to work with, but I don't want to spend 4-6 months trying to recover natural testosterone I probably don't have.

I see your point. But you are fortunate to have an Endocrinologist work with you. Hopefully she can get you into the normal range natty, but if she can't I bet she would put you back on Test. This is why I stayed away at your age, I knew once I started I would never ever want to come off. I know nothing less than a significant health issue will make me stop now, these hormones are magical. But I'm closing in on 51, married, kids, vasectomy, and knocking on the door to old age. My down side isn't as great as it was 25 years ago.

But there are a lot of guys on this board my age who have juiced for 30 years, and not all of them have had serious health issues.

Last edited:
I see your point. But you are fortunate to have an Endocrinologist work with you. Hopefully she can get you into the normal range natty, but if she can't I bet she would put you back on Test. This is why I stayed away at your age, I knew once I started I would never ever want to come off. I know nothing less than a significant health issue will make me stop now, these hormones are magical. But I'm closing in on 51, married, kids, vasectomy, and knocking on the door to old age. My down side isn't as great as it was 25 years ago.

But there are a lot of guys on this board my age who have juiced for 30 years, and not all of them have had serious health issues.

True I am fortunate I have an endo. She did say she would put me back on if I couldn't recover, but I'm worried I'll recover to 300 levels and she will call it normal. She seems pretty reasonable so I could possibly convince her otherwise if that were to happen, but I'm not entirely sure.

I bet when you started at 45, these drugs weren't even on your radar 20 years earlier. I actually have said that I wished I started sooner than 24, and could have started while in college since I went to UD, which we both know is pretty dam fun. You definitely saved yourself potential risks, which you very well know.

Fact is that I did a little over 3 1/2 years worth of juice, using too much tren for long periods of time, along with 2 1/2 years of rips at 5iu daily with no breaks. I ended up with mild thickness of my heart aorta, which may or may not be reversible. I don't regret using AAS, only the length of time I stayed on consecutively, as well as the high tren/hgh. I actually consider myself lucky I got out before it got worse. It got to the point that I would stay on simply because I wanted to have 2 cheat meals a day and get away with not gaining fat (which is extra unhealthy in addition to the drugs). Lack of willpower really. I could go crazy in the gym, but I couldn't bring myself to eat clean 100% of the time. Funny how that works.

Anyways, if anyone else has an opinion on the actual topic at hand in relation to TRT, that would be great.

I was on a wrestling scholarship at our college. My roommates played football. I was a drug rep in Greenwich village in the late 80s, many gay men and gay doctors were very into steroids, as was one of my college' roommates, they were everywhere, and I was a gym rat. I was always tempted.

I'm with tricoach. This shit is not to be messed with. I abused it when I was ur age and now I'm paying for it in my 40's. Work with ur endo, and be smart ur still young. Good luck!

I recently came off TRT after 6 years. September 17 2013 was my last shot. In December, after little PCT my test was 228. Last week - 172. I do feel great however. Better than on TRT. I don't have an endo working with me. Doing it on my own. I feel so good that I doubt I will ever go back. Even if my numbers are low. Though I hope they will go up. I don't expect a miracle in 6 months and neither should you. Give yourself an ample time to see if you recover. I was also told I have some minor issues in my heart but doc said not to worry about and I really don't even think about it. I want to stay clean for a year and see if those issues are reversible. If you come off you will have to really watch what you eat. Even though my diet was clean, I was gaining fat like crazy right after I quit. It took some playing around to find out that on low test carbs are no good for me. Now, maintain my BF, I have to consume little to no carbs at all, medium protein and high fat. I do not for one second regret what I did. Time on juice was fun but with years my priorities changed. Try to recover if you can. You are still young. Don't let prey mentality to take over your mind. Only weak prey think that they need something, strong predator knows it's got already everything it needs. Don't believe the horror stories of "low test". They are simply not true and could only be born out of prey mentality or self-denial or simply finding a reason to stay on. Remember - mind over matter.

I recently came off TRT after 6 years. September 17 2013 was my last shot. In December, after little PCT my test was 228. Last week - 172. I do feel great however. Better than on TRT. I don't have an endo working with me. Doing it on my own. I feel so good that I doubt I will ever go back. Even if my numbers are low. Though I hope they will go up. I don't expect a miracle in 6 months and neither should you. Give yourself an ample time to see if you recover. I was also told I have some minor issues in my heart but doc said not to worry about and I really don't even think about it. I want to stay clean for a year and see if those issues are reversible. If you come off you will have to really watch what you eat. Even though my diet was clean, I was gaining fat like crazy right after I quit. It took some playing around to find out that on low test carbs are no good for me. Now, maintain my BF, I have to consume little to no carbs at all, medium protein and high fat. I do not for one second regret what I did. Time on juice was fun but with years my priorities changed. Try to recover if you can. You are still young. Don't let prey mentality to take over your mind. Only weak prey think that they need something, strong predator knows it's got already everything it needs. Don't believe the horror stories of "low test". They are simply not true and could only be born out of prey mentality or self-denial or simply finding a reason to stay on. Remember - mind over matter.

TT, I am glad you are doing what you want to do. I would not recommend TRT to anyone just for the sake of TRT. But, please do not pass around bogus info about low Test not being bad. There are many new studies out there showing low Test levels to cause many health problems. If someone has low Test, go see an Endo.

TT, I am glad you are doing what you want to do. I would not recommend TRT to anyone just for the sake of TRT. But, please do not pass around bogus info about low Test not being bad. There are many new studies out there showing low Test levels to cause many health problems. If someone has low Test, go see an Endo.

Mainguy,

I would be very happy to honor your request but I can not, because this would contradict my beliefs. Claims are not bogus. OP's test was 350 or something. That is on the low end but not catastrophic. What I am trying to say, if he has to come off he should not be afraid. There are too many young guys who are scared because some bro said that when he came off he felt like shit. And that bro was programmed to feel like shit because he heard it from another bro. No one knows how they will feel unless they try.

I want to make sure OP feels comfortable with what his endo has to say. He has heart issues and was checked in to the hospital. If doctors advise him that TRT is worse for him in the long run because of those issues it would be better for him to stop TRT and try to recover. If his endo is not successful with his recovery, then he can be put on lower dose or design a whole new plan according to his health progress.

I see you are under impression that I spread anti-TRT propaganda. Welp, I don't. I still share my knowledge and experience of AAS to those that still use AAS. Be that Pro or against depends only on individual situation. What you are doing now with your statements about low T causing problems? In this particular situation! You may influence OP to bypass his doctor's advice and use AAS from UG. Now that wouldn't be a problem if he didn't have those heart issues which probably are at the root of his doctor's decision.

Please be kind enough to understand that this is a public forum and anyone can input information of any kind and contents according to the rules of this forum. It is a personal choice of every one here to accept or ignore. That would like me telling you to stop playing devil's advocate which you did in my thread. Understandable?

Blessings,

TT

Last edited:

You have been off for six months and your total test is 172. While you may be happy with that, that sounds horrible to me. Having low test levels has been linked to a lot of bad things, whether you believe it or not. It may be ok for you, but for me, it won't cut it. I would never be able to get an erection on levels that low, but that's just me. To each their own pal. I'm glad you are happy with it though.

Last edited:
You have been off for six months and your total test is 172. While you may be happy with that, that sounds horrible to me. Having low test levels has been linked to a lot of bad things, whether you believe it or not. It may be ok for you, but for me, it won't cut it. I would never be able to get an erection on levels that low, but that's just me. To each their own pal. I'm glad you are happy with it though.

Yes that is low. Everything works good though. I know such level is no good in a long run, but when I was in Europe I was told by an endo that I shouldn't be seeing recovery soon after my 6 years of non-stop plus a few years of cycling before that. So about 10 years of AAS. I am supposed to go back to Europe again this summer. Endo over there said I should be looking at year minimum to see recovery. And that year even with low levels won't cause any damage. If it doesn't recover in a year, and there is such possibility, I would have to consider TRT. They are optimistic though. I am saying they because I was seeing many doctors and professors and one of them oversees national Olympic team and he said that he has seen cases where guys recover after long time AAS use but time frame varies. Too bad I don't have a good endo here. You have to see what works better for you. Every one around you can only advise or suggest including your doctor but you are the one that make ultimate decision. I made my decision very quickly when I was sitting at the cardiologist's waiting room and all those 60+ year old grandpas where looking at me like what a fuck I was doing there at my age. I figured I'd rather stop now than be huffing and puffing in years to come.

Yes that is low. Everything works good though. I know such level is no good in a long run, but when I was in Europe I was told by an endo that I shouldn't be seeing recovery soon after my 6 years of non-stop plus a few years of cycling before that. So about 10 years of AAS. I am supposed to go back to Europe again this summer. Endo over there said I should be looking at year minimum to see recovery. And that year even with low levels won't cause any damage. If it doesn't recover in a year, and there is such possibility, I would have to consider TRT. They are optimistic though. I am saying they because I was seeing many doctors and professors and one of them oversees national Olympic team and he said that he has seen cases where guys recover after long time AAS use but time frame varies. Too bad I don't have a good endo here. You have to see what works better for you. Every one around you can only advise or suggest including your doctor but you are the one that make ultimate decision. I made my decision very quickly when I was sitting at the cardiologist's waiting room and all those 60+ year old grandpas where looking at me like what a fuck I was doing there at my age. I figured I'd rather stop now than be huffing and puffing in years to come.

I felt the same way when I visited the cardiologist. However, that made me decide to stop AAS. It is hard to argue that TRT is worse for the heart than low testosterone. low test has been linked to cardiac problems. Then again, we've seen a study showing people on TRT have had cardiac problems. TRT feels better than low test, so that is why I'd much prefer it. Not to mention, I won't have to lose all that muscle I worked hard for.

I felt the same way when I visited the cardiologist. However, that made me decide to stop AAS. It is hard to argue that TRT is worse for the heart than low testosterone. low test has been linked to cardiac problems. Then again, we've seen a study showing people on TRT have had cardiac problems. TRT feels better than low test, so that is why I'd much prefer it. Not to mention, I won't have to lose all that muscle I worked hard for.

Yes, you are right. When test is too low in the long run it is not good either. Hopefully our issues are reversible. I am due for another cardio echogram this summer. Will see what results I get off TRT. I am really glad I did full diagnostics and now know where I am standing at instead of continuing in the blind. I would've blasted as always and could make matters worse.

God Bless,

TT

4-6 months is nothing in the realm of life, as a matter of fact I would give it 12 months

Here's my advice. When it comes to a Doctor or anyone else for that matter they are providing a service for a fee (either to you or your insurance co.). If you don't like the service just switch docs until you get what you want. Also, numbers don't lie and if that's your bloodwork then you need to be on exogenous testosterone IMHO.

yep, people do that all the time, their called drug seekers

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner