over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The real reason many doctors reluctant to prescribe effective TRT

syntherolman

Registered
What is the real reason there are so many doctors denying those in need effective TRT?

I know of a lot of guys with a testosterone levels at 400 being denied. Why won't the doctors retire their testosterone levels back to 600-1200. Are they afraid of law suits or losing their medical license? It makes no sense to a lot of people!

Ive seen alot of ads and commercials lately with law firms looking to represent people put on TRT who have had heart attacks and strokes. It probably has something to do with insurance and lawsuits making them reluctant to put more people on TRT.

I got mine checked about 2 years ago because I knew it was bad low from a few years of bad lifestyle changes. It was 257. He told me "it's on the line of low we can get more bloods done in a few months to make sure if it's still low we can consider trt". I didn't know how bad that was until I got home and researched and blew me away he didn't say we're getting you on this asap. I have a GREAT doc. He goes above and beyond and actually listens to me and let's me decide on best ways to help myself so I didn't get that.

I got mine checked about 2 years ago because I knew it was bad low from a few years of bad lifestyle changes. It was 257. He told me "it's on the line of low we can get more bloods done in a few months to make sure if it's still low we can consider trt". I didn't know how bad that was until I got home and researched and blew me away he didn't say we're getting you on this asap. I have a GREAT doc. He goes above and beyond and actually listens to me and let's me decide on best ways to help myself so I didn't get that.

Most insurance companies require more than one blood Test to cover it. Most docs want more than one blood test as your levels change constantly, and that could have just been one bad reading.

Ive seen alot of ads and commercials lately with law firms looking to represent people put on TRT who have had heart attacks and strokes. It probably has something to do with insurance and lawsuits making them reluctant to put more people on TRT.

^^^ exactly. I've noticed that too. It's probably going to make HRT every harder to get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At first I thought TRT was extremely straight forward, the more I research it the more complicated it seems.

Getting levels completely "perfect" or "balanced" seems like it requires a lot of actual experience/testings/experimentation.

I think a lot of Dr's don't have this experience and don't want to get into working with patients to figure it all out.

Thats the way it is going now!

Stupid lawyers piss me off at times. I see a law firm on Facebook trying to get people to jump on their bandwagon and it makes me angry. And people wonder why the political system in the US is so screwed up? It's because it is mostly composed of lawyers. Around 80 Republicans and 110 Democrats who are in office are lawyers who like to play games!:rolleyes:

At first I thought TRT was extremely straight forward, the more I research it the more complicated it seems.

Getting levels completely "perfect" or "balanced" seems like it requires a lot of actual experience/testings/experimentation.

I think a lot of Dr's don't have this experience and don't want to get into working with patients to figure it all out.

Yeah..they seem indifferent to people's complaints these days regarding low T

Several other factors, doctors have to use there DEA numbers when prescribing meds, and some meds are tracked more than others, and they don't want that kind of attention.. Also, most regular family doctors are clueless..

I complained to mine until he gave me it because my low test was hurting my grades in college, my sex life, giving me a negative outlook on life, and made me skinny with a gut.... If you really have low test , then it's a legitimate medical problem and you need to explain to your Dr. that your life is being effected in a negative manner due to your testosterone problems. I been there and it is a mess, low T is like the plague, anyone that has had it knows how bad it is!!

I wouldn't risk my license and prescribe something that is not needed. 400 is with in normal ranges. 250- 1100 is the range. Outside that you would be looked at. Stop looking at Doctor's like they don't know what they are doing. They are well aware of that. The secret for a Doctor is to get you well, not grow muscles.

What Is the Normal Testosterone Range? | LIVESTRONG.COM

I've read all the horror stories from guys in dire need of TRT, and their docs turning either a blind eye, or simply not wanting to get involved with the treatment.

Very thankful I have my doctor! My levels came back ultra low, and I'm now on a very healthy dose of T, which I'm able to self administer at home.

I wouldn't risk my license and prescribe something that is not needed. 400 is with in normal ranges. 250- 1100 is the range. Outside that you would be looked at. Stop looking at Doctor's like they don't know what they are doing. They are well aware of that. The secret for a Doctor is to get you well, not grow muscles.

What Is the Normal Testosterone Range? | LIVESTRONG.COM

You do know these "normal" levels were gathered with no indifference to sick people, old age, people already with low Test? These numbers would be higher if they weeded out these diseases. 400 may be very low for some people depending on there symptoms. Our T numbers are lower than our past ancestors because of environmental factors and many other factors. So these numbers are kind of BS.

I remember 3-4 years ago when I first started seeing TV advertisements and hearing radio spots for what was essentially TRT (they were the spots that always talked about low test and what it did to a man's well-being), and at first it struck me as odd because you basically had advertisements for anabolic steroids being pushed to the masses. Then I remember my next thought being "Oh my, the ambulance-chasing lawyers must be rubbing their greedy paws together..." Sure enough man.

It's pretty difficult to advertise something that has SUCH a negative connotation already tied to it and simultaneously think there won't be lawsuits pertaining to it.

its simple, dr`s dont understand TRT, its high risk for them if your levels are to high and there is NO money in it for them, unless they are charging real high "consultation fees"

I'm in a unique position where I am prescribed TRT but my endo wants to take me off to try to recover, something I'll obviously refuse. My concern is that she will stop writing me prescriptions and I'll have to go black market again.

You do know these "normal" levels were gathered with no indifference to sick people, old age, people already with low Test? These numbers would be higher if they weeded out these diseases. 400 may be very low for some people depending on there symptoms. Our T numbers are lower than our past ancestors because of environmental factors and many other factors. So these numbers are kind of BS.

Well, I do agree with certain factors. If you have a muscle wasting disease, yes and you are right. 400 is lower for a guy in his 20's, but 40's and 50's, it is normal. I have tested at 75 at one time, who do you think they are going to prescribe it too? A guy 25 with 400 or a guy that is 54 with 75? We know the answer to that.

Our test levels are lower then in the past because of one factor, we eat like crap anymore and most are fat. Add stress to that and that will make your levels low. The numbers are where they want them. I like to see some scientific studies to show how many died at 400 or even 250 test levels, or even unhealthy. Now take someone who levels are well above 1100, do you think there is a chance of Health problems? Look at it like that and maybe you will see the Doctor's point of view.

This whole thing will blow over in a year or so...in the meantime keep looking until you find a doctor who will prescribe it to you. I hate these Damn lawyers.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420