over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Test Results

shreds101

Registered
Got my lab results back today. My DO doc said I did not have an issue with low T. However, I disagree and was looking for a sanity check here.

I am 43, 220 and have been lifting for many years. Have not cycled for about 1.5 years so I have a good base line. He only tested total test but I was under the assumption he was testing free as well. My level was 304 ng.

From my research it is at the 300 mark they look to treat. For my age I should be in the mid 600's. So I believe I am low. I attached my lab results.

Looking for any feedback to support the doc or if I am correct in believing he is wrong.

Attachments

• labs.jpg
    labs.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
Got my lab results back today. My DO doc said I did not have an issue with low T. However, I disagree and was looking for a sanity check here.

I am 43, 220 and have been lifting for many years. Have not cycled for about 1.5 years so I have a good base line. He only tested total test but I was under the assumption he was testing free as well. My level was 304 ng.

From my research it is at the 300 mark they look to treat. For my age I should be in the mid 600's. So I believe I am low. I attached my lab results.

Looking for any feedback to support the doc or if I am correct in believing he is wrong.

Did you run those labs within the first 2 hours of waking when T levels are at peak? Your T looks low and many Dr's will not treat if its within the range even if its low. You may have to get a 2nd opinion.

Yes I fasted and gave blood first thing in the morning. Thank you for your response. Will look to get a second look. Researching other docs in the area.

Doctors are very cautious about scripting TRT. The 'normal' range is pretty large so unless you're REALLY low they'll be hesitant to write a script for you. There are doctors out there that will though but I'm guessing most won't.

Doctors are very cautious about scripting TRT. The 'normal' range is pretty large so unless you're REALLY low they'll be hesitant to write a script for you. There are doctors out there that will though but I'm guessing most won't.

My doctor stated I would have to be around the 100 range to get a script. Which I thought was ridiculous. So I am looking into all options. Also considering self administration and doing my own labs. However I am a measure twice cut once kind of guy so I will explore all options at this time and make an informed choice.

My doctor stated I would have to be around the 100 range to get a script. Which I thought was ridiculous. So I am looking into all options. Also considering self administration and doing my own labs. However I am a measure twice cut once kind of guy so I will explore all options at this time and make an informed choice.

100?? Any good dr would give a better explanation then that. The issue is a lot of dr's just lack experience treating low t and they are just reading out of a book. It's important to have a good relationship with your dr and for your dr to let you play an active role in your trt treatment. Many dr's out there try to be to controlling as well

It might be time to get a different doctor that is willing to treat your medical condition .some doctors have no experience with hrt and are clueless .

It might be time to get a different doctor that is willing to treat your medical condition .some doctors have no experience with hrt and are clueless .

Agreed. Looking for one now. Appreciate everyone's thoughts.

I'm skeptical about how much the average MD knows about TRT, Steroids etc. I was speaking with an ER doc last year. We were discussing AAS and he honestly said he doesn't know much about it at all. He knows how to read you the basic riot act about all the negative side affects etc. However he said he's not trained to know how it all works together, dosing, different compounds etc. He was actually picking my brain about it and while I know a decent amount I'm no expert. At least he was honest. Most doctors think "MD" is latin for god.

do you carry a fair amount of muscle mass for your size? if so then it would appear that your T levels are adequate to many dr.'s or that you are doing some thing to help your levels out.

I'm skeptical about how much the average MD knows about TRT, Steroids etc. I was speaking with an ER doc last year. We were discussing AAS and he honestly said he doesn't know much about it at all. He knows how to read you the basic riot act about all the negative side affects etc. However he said he's not trained to know how it all works together, dosing, different compounds etc. He was actually picking my brain about it and while I know a decent amount I'm no expert. At least he was honest. Most doctors think "MD" is latin for god"

I used to think doctor had a good knowledge on aas however it seems to be taboo which I think is a shame.

do you carry a fair amount of muscle mass for your size? if so then it would appear that your T levels are adequate to many dr.'s or that you are doing some thing to help your levels out.

I have been in the gym for years. I have decent size due to this. Have had a few cycles in my day but have not cycled in about 1.5 yrs. Doctor's depending on their knowledge may see the lower end as adequate. That is not optimal. Average for my age is mid 600. But you have a point in the eyes of a less knowledge doc they may c it as ok. I guess the next step is find one that is more progressive in thought.

my present TRT dr told me he wouldn't have taken me on as a patient except i had brought several years worth of blood results in with me to show i was being treated for some time. when i was natural dr's would ask if i was on roids and refuse treatment even though my numbers were low. he has asked me not to refer anyone to him, but we get along well enough these days. when in doubt try a urologist i find they are more open to such things.

I'm skeptical about how much the average MD knows about TRT, Steroids etc. I was speaking with an ER doc last year. We were discussing AAS and he honestly said he doesn't know much about it at all. He knows how to read you the basic riot act about all the negative side affects etc. However he said he's not trained to know how it all works together, dosing, different compounds etc. He was actually picking my brain about it and while I know a decent amount I'm no expert. At least he was honest. Most doctors think "MD" is latin for god.

This is typical and most doctors don't know crap about male hormone replacement.

That's why they usually look like vegetarian couch potatoes or thin from all that "healthy" long distance running. Don't expect one to help you carry anything heavy. You know because they are "gods." And the fact they can't pick up anything heavy!

I've yet to have one check total T, free T and estradiol levels. 80% of them go simply by total testosterone levels.

I even had one doctor that said my blood/lab work was fine and wouldn't write a new refill after being on replacement therapy 4-5 months. I said don't you think it might be "fine" because you put me on hormone replacement therapy and what do you suppose my lab work will be in another three or four weeks without a refill?

He didn't get it. Most doctors think you inject for several months and turn into Mr.Olympia.

Attachments

• before and after funny.jpg
    before and after funny.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 134
Try to look for a doctor that does male hrt. Many advertise this in the yellow pages. I am 49 so I still use a phone book sometimes.

my present TRT dr told me he wouldn't have taken me on as a patient except i had brought several years worth of blood results in with me to show i was being treated for some time. when i was natural dr's would ask if i was on roids and refuse treatment even though my numbers were low. he has asked me not to refer anyone to him, but we get along well enough these days. when in doubt try a urologist i find they are more open to such things.

Thanks. I have been searching for another. Will look at urologist as well.

Try to look for a doctor that does male hrt. Many advertise this in the yellow pages. I am 49 so I still use a phone book sometimes.

I found an MD about 2 hours from me that specializes in hrt. Gonna give them a call next week.

This is typical and most doctors don't know crap about male hormone replacement.

That's why they usually look like vegetarian couch potatoes or thin from all that "healthy" long distance running. Don't expect one to help you carry anything heavy. You know because they are "gods." And the fact they can't pick up anything heavy!

I've yet to have one check total T, free T and estradiol levels. 80% of them go simply by total testosterone levels.

I even had one doctor that said my blood/lab work was fine and wouldn't write a new refill after being on replacement therapy 4-5 months. I said don't you think it might be "fine" because you put me on hormone replacement therapy and what do you suppose my lab work will be in another three or four weeks without a refill?

He didn't get it. Most doctors think you inject for several months and turn into Mr.Olympia.

Nice

I'm skeptical about how much the average MD knows about TRT, Steroids etc. I was speaking with an ER doc last year. We were discussing AAS and he honestly said he doesn't know much about it at all. He knows how to read you the basic riot act about all the negative side affects etc. However he said he's not trained to know how it all works together, dosing, different compounds etc. He was actually picking my brain about it and while I know a decent amount I'm no expert. At least he was honest. Most doctors think "MD" is latin for god"

I used to think doctor had a good knowledge on aas however it seems to be taboo which I think is a shame.

That's true also

Unfortunately this is not uncommon. I do understand the legal issue doctors face here but it's sad they try to cover their ignorance of the subject with bravado. Sadly some people actually believe those doctors. There are good knowledgable ones out there. Just have to find them.

Staff online

• Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
HughJass
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner