over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

29 YO...help with labs

grizz007

Registered
Been awhile since I've been on here....

I will try and make a long story as short as I can....

29 YO, havent felt "right" the last year and half. I've been working out and training consistently since I've been 14. Last year I started to develop severe anxiety coupled with random panic attacks out of no where. My pcp prescribed me 10mg Lexapro that completely relieved my anxiety and panic attacks. However, I still feel like crap. I dont feel 29, I feel more like 49. I have no libido (becoming serious issue with the wife). Most nights Id rather go to sleep than have sex. Also no longer get any morning wood. My erections arent the same and dont seem to last as long as they used to. I sleep 9 to 10 hours every night and never feel rested in the morning. I usually will take a 30 to 60 min nap at some point throughout the day. My training has taken a big hit, I can barely make it through a 30min workout without feeling like I got hit by a bus. My recovery sucks, and Ive been getting a lot of nagging injuries that never seem to go away. During the day I feel like a zombie, its very hard to concentrate on anything and I just have no motivation to get anything accomplished, even things that I used to enjoy doing.

Ive been diagnosed with 6+ concussions during my football career (been reading alot about head trauma and hormonal imbalances)

Anyways, heres my labs from my pcp. I told him I was concerned about my total T and he didnt have much knowledge about it so he referred me to an Endo, my appt is at the end of the month.

Attachments

• LABS.jpg
    LABS.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 323
forgot to mention Ive done 3 cycles in my past. I havent touched anything since I was 24.

first cycle- prohormone (think it was epistane)
2nd- test E 500mg for 12wks
3rd- test E 500mg for 16 wks

all cycles were followed up with a PCT of nolva and clomind for 4 weeks. Felt fine after all PCT's

Is this something I should tell my endo? I have not told this to my pcp

Ive done extensive research on TRT and the benefits of it and its something that I'm highly considering, I just hope my endo can point me in the right direction so I can get my life back together.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not an expert on this ... since you are 29. I was almost 50 when I started TRT and had never done a cycle or prohormone or anything. So there was never any question what was wrong with me - Andropause.

As for you, of course TRT would help but then you would be stuck on TRT for the next 50 years. The right endo or any good TRT clinic could help you figure this out - although they may be hesitant to prescribe TRT. You know the deal, your numbers are in the normal range, but they are on the low end. Too bad you don't know what your T levels were before any cycles.

At the least, you are missing some important blood levels like LH and FSH, free testosterone, maybe also some thyroid levels, maybe SHGB - again not an expert on diagnosing primary/secondary hypogonadism. Maybe there is something you can do to get your natural production up a bit.

If you have the cash, I would think a TRT clinic would just cut right through the bullshit and figure out if there are any options other than just regular TRT. The reason I like the TRT clinics is that they know what happens when you run a cycle, they see this stuff every day. The consultants there know about every single compound first hand since they live and breath this stuff every day.

As for whether you tell the local doc, that's up to you. Given the number of years since your last cycle, I might not tell the local doc. I worry about things like that going into my file ... although it probably does not matter.

As for the TRT clinic ... you pay for that out of pocket. I would disclose everything to them.

At this point, I'm OK with being on TRT for the rest of my life if it will make me feel better.

There def is a correlation between head trans and t levels. I wouldn't say anything about prior clues either since its been way more than enough time to restart you.

test at 390 isn't so bad. Have you tried to change your diet?

I recently had the same symptoms as you back in January....was diagnosed hypo.

Get a full thyroid blood test done(TSH,FreeT4,FreeT3,Anti bodies). Low thyroid levels will also cause your Test levels to dip.

Sent from Men's Correctional Facility.

I recently had the same symptoms as you back in January....was diagnosed hypo.

Get a full thyroid blood test done(TSH,FreeT4,FreeT3,Anti bodies). Low thyroid levels will also cause your Test levels to dip.

Sent from Men's Correctional Facility.

Did this raise your T levels? And if so, how high?

Interesting,
Do full hormone panel, before committing to HRT. Bloods alone don't reveal full picture.

Interesting,
Do full hormone panel, before committing to HRT. Bloods alone don't reveal full picture.

I am. Like I said I have an endo appt at the end of the month. I'm assuming he will want a full panel, if not I'll know to get another dr.

Just fyi, Lexapro will cause issues with libido and makes you sleep longer. Try half a dose and see if that helps. Im taking a 1/4 a dose that I was recommended, and it works fine.

Just fyi, Lexapro will cause issues with libido and makes you sleep longer. Try half a dose and see if that helps. Im taking a 1/4 a dose that I was recommended, and it works fine.

I started at 10mg and am currently taking 5mg. I felt a little better for a day or two but it didn't last long.

Finally saw an Endo yesterday. Waiting on getting my Lab results (takes about a week for all they tested for).

A couple take aways from the appointment....
- Already knew this (but he re-assured me that being at 390 is low NORMAL), what I didnt know is that insurance will only cover TRT if you are clinically hypo-gonadal (forgot to ask what range they use)

- I also asked him what if my labs come back similar to my first (with test somewhere in the 300's?) His response was : "I'd be open to putting you on test for about 6 months to see if that would restart your system". This confuses me, I'm aware that the test would up my test levels on paper, but wouldnt this suppress my natural levels? He acted like supplementing with T will get my body to all of a sudden start reproducing T again.

So...here I wait for my labs.....

Any feedback on this visit?

BTW this endo was very highly recommended (everything he was saying made sense, except the T replacement of only 6months.

It's great the guy would even consider some form of treatment if the levels are low enough. Being 29 can pose problems for some folks. Some docs are reluctant to go down the TRT road.

I agree it's strange he would consider putting you on test to "restart" your system. When I think "restart" I think - stimulation of your natural production of testosterone ... like Clomid and/or Nolvadex (stimulate the release of LH so the testes make testosterone).

If you go on test, it will indeed suppress your natural production. FSH and LH will both decrease ... to zero eventually. But your T levels will be up, and you will probably feel a lot better. Maybe this is what he meant, check and see if getting your T levels up will take care of the symptoms you are having - eliminate the anxiety, brain fog, tiredness and libido issues. In this regard, getting your T levels up could indeed address all these things. It could really make a big difference for you.

Hopefully the guy will come up with a plan that makes sense. If he puts you on TRT, one would hope he will do some follow up blood work, check not only total and free T levels but estradiol (E2) as well and prescribe an AI if needed. You may also need to donate blood from time to time to keep your hemoglobin in check. Also, being 29, it would be nice to run some HCG to keep your testicle size up ... not sure if he would consider that. But one thing at a time.

Last edited:
Diet is very good. About 2500-2700 kcal. Mainly follow the anabolic diet (high P, high F, low/mod C).

Could you be overly regimented on your diet? Do you pig out occasionally? Have you tried high carb days? Some people don't do well on diets that aren't high in carbs.

Could you be overly regimented on your diet? Do you pig out occasionally? Have you tried high carb days? Some people don't do well on diets that aren't high in carbs.

M-F is anabolic diet, Sat/ Sunday is usually the opposite. Weekends I consume high carbs (350-500) with moderate protein and lower fat all while not really watching caloric intake. When and if I eat higher carbs I feel VERY sluggish/lethargic. I feel much better on a higher fat diet. During the week, I usually will have very minimal carbs until dinner.

Two things jump out from your lab results: your Testosterone level is way too low for someone your age and 2) your LDL is also too high (needs to be under 100).

Don't be surprised if your endo does not want to do anything. They typically look at ranges – without consideration of the persons age – so even though you may have a current testosterone level of an 80-year-old man, that's fine with them. You may want to consider seeing a doctor that specializes in male health.

Regarding LDL - see a cardiologist. All heart disease is LDL - driven and you are setting yourself up for plaque when you are in your 50's. Diet is only 10-20% of Cholesterol so don't believe the bullshit that you can eat right to getting in check. Most docs look at ratios of LDL and HDL which is 30 year old outdated way to do this. Most progressive Cardiologists will put you on a low dose statin to fix that issue before it manifests itself later in life.

Before you do anything – you should have other tests done – perhaps even two more – because values, especially testosterone, can fluctuate extremely. I raised my own testosterone level about 200 points by just supplementing with D3 since it turned out I had a deficiency.

The bottom line is – most healthcare professionals are extremely ill equipped, and inexperienced to deal with the multitude of factors dealing with optimal health – so best to do your research – and get several opinions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The office finally called me back with results. The only thing that they told me is that I was low on vitamin D3 and that I should take a supplement 2x day. They said the doc will go over my results with me at my next apt (which is 8 weeks away).

Not thrilled to hear this, debating on going to a clinic.

Any thoughts or opinions on what to do next?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131