over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Proviron to supplement HRT?

ManoftheWorld

Kilo Klub Member
for a man on 200mg/wk test cyp for hrt purposes along with minute dosing of arimidex due to a naturally high aromatase activity, what is the lowest effective dose one could possibly get away with of proviron to get a little extra boost from their hrt.. 12.5mg/day, or 6.25mg/day even? just something to lower shbg a tad and allow for the test dose to be more effective/efficient, or to allow test dose to be lowered and remain same effectiveness... also maybe allow for arimidex to be dropped by helping control the issue with aromatase...

I don't think provirion actually does anything............. I wasted my money on that crap before.

when on any kind of androgen therapy, SHBG is usually never high, so i thought lowering it more helped libido well this not the case, and now im realising that lowering SHBG on cycle or TRT is not gonna do much at all, cause its already low.

here is a post from Swifto, this is why it does give you a boner.

"Proviron (Masterolone) exerts strong androgenic activity but weak anabolic action. How? Because, just like DHT, Masterolone is rapidly metabolised to weak diol metabolites in muscle tissue where concentrations of the 3-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase enzyme's are high. That means its going to do next to nothing for muscle loss or LBM acurial.

You'll get the positive androgenic effects (aggression, mood, labido, possibly strength, CNS) but thats where it ends."

here is some science based reason's of why it doesnt do anything at all really from Dr scally.

This is a post on placed on another thread concerning the same topic.

Dianabol (methandione, methandrostenolone, metandienone, and a host of other names) suppresses the HPTA. The use of dianabol in the hope that it will provide HPTA normalization is misguided. More details, later, can be provided, if requested.

However, a brief note on proviron. What evidence is there that proviron lacks androgenic activity. The literature presents this by the absence of proviron to influence significantly infertility, erythropoiesis, lipids, and sex hormones. Except for the obsessive compulsive that needs to take a substance, thus replacing an AAS with adverse HPTA effects with one that does not, proviron is a worthless AAS, useful for nothing. Proviron will not support or provide any basis for the return of HPTA function.

The quoted abstract from the study by Varma and Patel really does not give one any information. [Varma TR, Patel RH. The effect of mesterolone on sperm count, on serum follicle stimulating hormone, luteinizing hormone, plasma testosterone and outcome in idiopathic oligospermic men. Int J Gynaecol Obstet 1988;26:121-8.] The study is poor from the abstract alone. Please note that the statement, "Mesterolone had no depressing effect on low or normal serum FSH and LH levels but had depressing effect on 25% if the levels were elevated," refers unidentified group. The groups in the study include, "One hundred ten patients . . . had normal serum FSH, LH and plasma testosterone, 85 patients . . . had low serum FSH, LH and low plasma testosterone." Nowhere is there a group with elevated levels. Nonetheless, the cited effect is a "depressing effect" not stated as significant. Knowing the fluctuation in gonadotropin levels on testing even at a P<0.05 would not be meaningful. But it does go to the point that proviron has no adverse effect on the HPTA.

Mesterolone is useless for infertility. A year after the Varma study, 1989, the World Health Organization published a study demonstrating, "[n]o significant changes semen quality during the course of the study, apart from an increase in sperm concentration 3 months after the start of treatment. The increase was greatest among the placebo treated group, but did not differ significantly between treatment groups." [Mesterolone and idiopathic male infertility: a double-blind study. World Health Organization Task Force on the Diagnosis and Treatment of Infertility. Int J Androl 1989;12:254-64.]

In 1991, a study concludes, "Because similar semen improvement also occurred in the placebo controls, our findings cast doubt on the possible usefulness of high-dose Mesterolone treatment of idiopathic male infertility." [Gerris J, Comhaire F, Hellemans P, Peeters K, Schoonjans F. Placebo-controlled trial of high-dose Mesterolone treatment of idiopathic male infertility. Fertil Steril 1991;55:603-7.]

These confirm an earlier study from 1983. [Wang C, Chan CW, Wong KK, Yeung KK. Comparison of the effectiveness of placebo, clomiphene citrate, mesterolone, pentoxifylline, and testosterone rebound therapy for the treatment of idiopathic oligospermia. Fertil Steril 1983;40:358-65.] Treatment with the mesterolone (100 mg/day) therapy did not result in a significant increase in the mean sperm concentration or pregnancy in the partners.

Proviron is useless in promoting erythropoiesis (formation of red blood cell elements) and bone formation (a mixed effect of testosterone through the androgen receptor and estradiol receptor), both evidence of androgenic activity. Mesterolone (100 mg/d) is ineffective in raising hemoglobin and hematocrit levels significantly from baseline in individuals with hypogonadism. The study cites that Mesterolone did not increase serum testosterone (but also did not mention that there is a decrease). [Jockenhovel F, Vogel E, Reinhardt W, Reinwein D. Effects of various modes of androgen substitution therapy on erythropoiesis. Eur J Med Res 1997;2:293-8.]

As recent as 2003, mesterolone (100 mg/d) for 6 months administered to hypogonadal males failed to significantly raise bone mineral density (BMD). Treatment with testosterone undecanoate (160 mg/d), testosterone enanthate 250 mg (every 21 days), or a single subcutaneous implantation of 1,200 mg crystalline testosterone did result in BMD increases. [Schubert M, Bullmann C, Minnemann T, Reiners C, Krone W, Jockenhovel F. Osteoporosis in male hypogonadism: responses to androgen substitution differ among men with primary and secondary hypogonadism. Horm Res 2003;60:21-8.]

Erythropoiesis and bone formation are positive aspects of androgens useful under certain clinical conditions. AAS consistently have adverse effects on lipid profiles that are generally observed as a decrease in HDL (good cholesterol). In 1999, twenty years after the study cited by MaxRep [Nikkanen V. Plasma cholesterol, triglycerides, FSH and testosterone levels of normolipemic male patients with decreased fertility treated with mesterolone. Andrologia 1979;11:33-6.] proviron was found to adversely effect the lipid profile in hypogonadal men. The study by abstract analysis is hard to detail but an adverse effect of proviron is reported. Also, the study reports on serum testosterone levels with androgen treatments. Androgen substitution led to no significant increase of serum testosterone in the proviron group, subnormal testosterone in the testosterone undecanoate group, normal testosterone in the testosterone enanthate group, and high-normal testosterone in the crystalline testosterone group. The message is proviron did not affect the HPTA. [Jockenhovel F, Bullmann C, Schubert M, et al. Influence of various modes of androgen substitution on serum lipids and lipoproteins in hypogonadal men. Metabolism 1999;48:590-6.] The same author reports that proviron administration has no effect on serum FSH or testosterone. [Nikkanen V. The effects of mesterolone on the male accessory sex organs, on spermiogram, plasma testosterone and FSH. Andrologia 1978;10:299-306.]

"I have said too much already. A further review of proviron literature will not change the use of proviron as an AAS for either anabolic or androgenic effects. Bottom line: Proviron is of no use for anything.

Thank you."

so basically your paying a very HIGH price tag for something that makes you THINK test is giving you a boner.

very interesting... thanks for thorough follow-up..

good article 'Det-Oak'---thk you!

'Manoftheworld'--you may be able to improve T effectiveness by using a 'SERM' such as 'Clomid' which also stimulates 'fsh'?--it has helped me in the past.

best of luck,
cavdude

Low dose Test & 25mg proviron Daily have really worked great for me!

My friend swears by keeping Proviron around, if for nothing else but a slight 'dryer' look and mood enhancement. Of course everyone reacts differently.

I have read nothing but good things about adding proviron

sense of well being and libido are great with the addition of Proviron, at least for me and most others I have talked to.

Love it with trt. Watch whizzing issues if you are prone.
If someone got nothing out of proviron thay probably got nothing out of nothing.
Good legit proviron is very noticable on trt as there are not 5 other compounds involved and you don't know what you are felling from what.
Great stuff. Better than mast for libido for me. T

Those of you adding a little proviron to your TRT, what dose do you use?

Thanks

Those of you adding a little proviron to your TRT, what dose do you use?

Thanks

Id imagine 25 to 50mg is appropriate.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Regardless of the above article 25-50mg proviron makes a big difference to me. For long term use with trt I would recommend 25mg per day.

Clomid is something guys on trt should research.

Regardless of the above article 25-50mg proviron makes a big difference to me. For long term use with trt I would recommend 25mg per day.

Clomid is something guys on trt should research.

I used 25mg/ed of prov. Anything higher would decrease HDL pretty radically. Elvia, can you elaborate more on the clomid comment?

Does anyone notice the blood work getting affected while on a TRT dose along with the addition of 25mg of proviron daily?

I used 25mg/ed of prov. Anything higher would decrease HDL pretty radically. Elvia, can you elaborate more on the clomid comment?

WHAT are you talking about? Why do you think Proviron decreases LDL?

Anyone notice achey joints on proviron? Just added 50mg libido has gone up since

Anyone notice achey joints on proviron? Just added 50mg libido has gone up since

No. Did you get winny instead? :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

WHAT are you talking about? Why do you think Proviron decreases LDL?

I said HDL, and yes prov has an negative effect on cholesterol. Why is that shocking? Just because it is a mild drug doesn't mean it has no side effects long term. I would have to dig up the study, but I believe it can reduce HDL around 30%.

Here is a write up from s.com

The cardiovascular side effects of Proviron are without question the most concerning as it pertains to this anabolic steroid. Baring any underlying issue, most men should not have an issue with blood pressure; however, despite the unlikelihood it’s always a good idea to keep an eye on it. Where the cardiovascular side effects of Proviron may prove problematic is with cholesterol; in fact, this steroid can be very harsh on cholesterol. If you have high cholesterol you must not supplement with this anabolic steroid. Data has shown the Mesterolone hormone can have a strong negative impact on cholesterol, both HDL cholesterol (good cholesterol) and LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol). Studies have shown the use of this steroid has the ability to suppress HDL cholesterol upwards of 30% and beyond, as well as increase LDL levels by more than 60%. This represents a massive negative change in lipid values, and while it can be managed it will take an effort. If healthy cholesterol is to be maintained, the following tips and rules must be followed:

You must NOT have high cholesterol
You must keep an eye on your cholesterol
You must be willing to discontinue use should cholesterol get out of control
Your diet must be rich in omega fatty acids
You should supplement with fish oil daily
You should supplement with a cholesterol antioxidant supplement
You should strictly limit the intake of saturated fats
You should strictly limit the intake of simple sugars
You should implement daily cardiovascular activity

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator