over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

90's Dosages

9muscle9

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Before you all jump on the bandwagon of "oh not another thread about dosages and how much gear people used compared too now", as I understand that shit gets real old, real quick.

My training partner, who has just turned 51 was talking too me the other day about what was going on in temple gym (Birmingham, UK) in the 90's and explaining too me how he used too train with Leeroy Davis, who was Dorian yates training partner at the time he was winning the Olympia's. He was explaining the sort of cycles that they did and the compounds they used (He personally qualified for the Britain finals a few times and won a couple of local shows)

He was explaining that the way that they approached offseason cycles was similar to what we do today, 4-5 amps of sustanon per week, 2-3 amps of deca (50mg amps) per week and the funny thing is they never counted the amount of orals they took, he had 1000 dbol to last a cycle and took anywhere from 5 too 15 tabs per day. PCT was rarely done by anyone, and they only did a few shots of HCG after a cycle if they were on for a long time.

I asked him about Dorian and was he really doing the same dosages as everyone else, he laughed and said "he used too buy up half the gear available in the gym most months, you had too put orders in early too get anything if you were getting ready for a show" A typical offseason cycle was 8-12 amps of test or sustanon per week, 8-10 amps of deca, loads of dbol and as much growth hormone as was available, ranging from 8-14 I.U. a day. He also used all manner of fat burners and stimulants to get ready for competition, lots of ephedrine and clenbuterol, along with all the usual stuff fina, primo and var - all in massive dosages.

It was interesting to hear from him what actually went on, however besides all the dosages and drug cycles he was explaining too me, he also said they prepared like their life completely and totally depended on it, however they only dieted for 6-10 weeks leading up too a show as they stayed leaner year round and went mental with diet, cardio and training for that short time span. Living on stimulants like ephedrine tabs and dan duchaines ultimate orange.

damn brah, ultimate orange brings back some good memories! me and the boyz used to get it from our hells angel buddie and pound that shit everyday. got in best shape of our lives. wish that shit was still available.

If they are in the know ,i wouldn't think that is to much gear for a Mr-O.

Offseason would be something like this:

2500-3000mgs sustanon
800-1000mgs deca
100mgs dbol ed
8-10 I.u. GH ed

Pre-contest would be something like this:

2500-3000mgs test or sust
7 x 76.5mg parabolin per week
winstrol
var
Fina the pellet mix stuff
GH
ephedrine
clen
T3

Remember though this is all pharmaceutical grade gear, organon sustanon and deca, thai dbol, negma france parabolin, finaplix-h pellet homebrew, no idea what the GH was back then, but certainely pharma.

Seems like an adequate amount too me! haha

2500-3000mgs sustanon
800-1000mgs deca
100mgs dbol ed
8-10 I.u. GH ed

winstrol
var
GH
ephedrine
clen
T3

Remember though this is all pharmaceutical grade gear, organon sustanon and deca, thai dbol, negma france parabolin, finaplix-h pellet homebrew, no idea what the GH was back then, but certainely pharma.

You are right, i read up to 10 of the 50mg amps of deca but after wrote it out further,it is plenty(lol)

the guys i knew at national around mid to late 90's seemed to around the 1500-2000mg range some more(way) some less. i was working with oreagan and so met a lot of guys he worked with at time and i was traveling a lot. i'm from tennessee and when i started the locals were very conservative(more like recomindations found anabolic reference guide) untill a guy named garret anway moved here (5'4 260) and kinda educated us.

Pretty close to those 90's cycles described by BigA several times.

Yep, I think that is spot on. National guys these days use that much or more, but the difference lies in potency because they were using pharmgrade and today with ug it's hit or miss, depending upon the source.

2500-3000mgs sustanon
800-1000mgs deca
100mgs dbol ed
8-10 I.u. GH ed

winstrol
var
GH
ephedrine
clen
T3

I doubt their pre contest test was that high. They also used real/original Primo.

National guys these days use that much or more, .

Some do, some don't. I know pros nowadays that don't use near that much.

Doubtful they would fool with fina pellets when they had parabolan. Kind of redundant.

Doubtful they would fool with fina pellets when they had parabolan. Kind of redundant.

They dabbled with a lot of different drugs off and on throughout the years, my gym owner was given some injections to try out in the 90's, they were 5cc in ampules (I forget the name of the drug) and used too make bulls more sexually active, they also made them extremely aggressive.

He was taking 2.5cc once or twice a week and said that when he was working as a bouncer he would often run down the street chasing some poor sod because they looked at him funny, screaming and yelling how he was going to rip them to pieces. After that he decided it was not worth the strength and endurance boost in the gym.

Where's the slin at??? :D

9muscle9, i am from the UK aswell mate. To be honest what you have posted up is pretty much bang on with what I have seen and been told.

So you guys can get an idea of what it is like over here in the UK, as we have no legal complications, AAS use is OPENLY discussed and in fact steroid subculture has become such a normal thing over here that the government has now opened a testing facilities, yes your read that RIGHT, testing facilities so we can have our AAS checked to make sure we are getting what we paid for.

In all my years of working out I have NEVER actually met a bodybuilder in real life run anywhere near close to the dosages being recommended on the internet, so many are using far beyond that, 3-5g is absolutely normal, most guys do no have "cycles" and dosages written on a sheet, they pretty much take what they can get their hands on and use all year round.

I am 100% not saying you cannot build a good amount of muscle without abusing AAS, in fact I think my brothers and I have done pretty well to be fair and we got all our AAS knowledge from the likes of DC and others over the net as it seemed logical and the most healthy approach to a NON-HEALTHY endeavor. The blood work, the true trt cruising doses and the consistent training and eating correctly to reduce health risks.

I will say that in real life I have rarely met any bodybuilder in the UK but a handful, who actually cruise, actually promote the use of low dosage and actually eat healthy outside of contest prep. Most literally pound the gear all year long, get no blood work, do no cardio and don't have a clue about what they are putting their internal organs through.

Some do look great (think current IFBB Pros from UK, both have huge arms) and some look good and some look shit tbh. AAS as we are all aware play a huge role in bodybuilding, i kind of get pissed of when pros say its not about the gear, i understand the message they are pushing, that AAS without the genetics, training and nutrition will not make you a champion no matter how hi dose you go BUT hell if AAS does not make that much of a difference like most pros tout, then why not come out with their cycles or atleast address it intelligently by phrasing with pro x took this for a typical contest season.

Without AAS their is no bodybuilding period, no Arnold, No Haney, No Dorian, No Ronnie, No Jay , No Heath. You stand a natural top bodybuilder and here in the UK we had and do have some great natural bodybuilders, there is NO comparison to a top IFBB pro, some of these naturals look AMAZING due to muscle bellies and natural fullness, but you stand next to them and they honestly hold very little muscle mass. I have been at a natural contest where my partner actually thought i was lying about some some of the competitors being the best in the world because they looks anorexic in clothes. We know bodybuilding is all about illusion with the clothes of , but these pro's are not illusion , they don't "look" huge they are huge and only AAS can make that happen. Athletes will do WHATEVER it takes to progress, look at that sprinter Dwayne chambers was on i think 70 different drugs.....to add just under a second to his sprint time.....

We are lucky because to be honest over here I can go upto a bodybuilder and discuss why his delt's have made progress and he wont tell me some BS about giant set training, he will tell me straight its SEO.

Again I want to finish this up with I have seen some monsters on this board who I believe use small amounts of AAS in comparison to what is deemed a large dose, I think if you can have everything bang on training and nutrition wise you can make HUGE use of a little AAS.

Just remember if you take a step back and look at this from outsiders view, take 1 sustanon a week or 12 sustanon a week or whatever , we are drug addicts, you cant dress it up any other way? Just some of us have a line and can think outside of bodybuilding to things like our health and longevity preservation whilst doing this.

I want to finish on this food for thought, a well known so called "natty" youtuber took on my brother (Transformer) as a client and wanted him to cycle 3-4g of AAS WITH 1g cruises and diet wise after hes eaten his "clean" food eat whatever , did not recommend blood work and told him just to keep an eye on hear rate...wtf.

This SAME guy then makes vidoes on youtube about how you don't need AAS, how AAS is a minimal part of the sport and how he does not advocate it. And how pathetic is that? His entire emphasis with my brother was AAS, not training or diet and the guy on top of that advised on youtube and boards that his huge muscle gain was from his diet. Why not just be honest? Give someone the whole story and let them see if its for them, but why lie like that?

Anyway atleast in this community we have some decent lads that tell it how it is.

9muscle9, i am from the UK aswell mate. To be honest what you have posted up is pretty much bang on with what I have seen and been told.

So you guys can get an idea of what it is like over here in the UK, as we have no legal complications, AAS use is OPENLY discussed and in fact steroid subculture has become such a normal thing over here that the government has now opened a testing facilities, yes your read that RIGHT, testing facilities so we can have our AAS checked to make sure we are getting what we paid for.

In all my years of working out I have NEVER actually met a bodybuilder in real life run anywhere near close to the dosages being recommended on the internet, so many are using far beyond that, 3-5g is absolutely normal, most guys do no have "cycles" and dosages written on a sheet, they pretty much take what they can get their hands on and use all year round.

I am 100% not saying you cannot build a good amount of muscle without abusing AAS, in fact I think my brothers and I have done pretty well to be fair and we got all our AAS knowledge from the likes of DC and others over the net as it seemed logical and the most healthy approach to a NON-HEALTHY endeavor. The blood work, the true trt cruising doses and the consistent training and eating correctly to reduce health risks.

I will say that in real life I have rarely met any bodybuilder in the UK but a handful, who actually cruise, actually promote the use of low dosage and actually eat healthy outside of contest prep. Most literally pound the gear all year long, get no blood work, do no cardio and don't have a clue about what they are putting their internal organs through.

Some do look great (think current IFBB Pros from UK, both have huge arms) and some look good and some look shit tbh. AAS as we are all aware play a huge role in bodybuilding, i kind of get pissed of when pros say its not about the gear, i understand the message they are pushing, that AAS without the genetics, training and nutrition will not make you a champion no matter how hi dose you go BUT hell if AAS does not make that much of a difference like most pros tout, then why not come out with their cycles or atleast address it intelligently by phrasing with pro x took this for a typical contest season.

Without AAS their is no bodybuilding period, no Arnold, No Haney, No Dorian, No Ronnie, No Jay , No Heath. You stand a natural top bodybuilder and here in the UK we had and do have some great natural bodybuilders, there is NO comparison to a top IFBB pro, some of these naturals look AMAZING due to muscle bellies and natural fullness, but you stand next to them and they honestly hold very little muscle mass. I have been at a natural contest where my partner actually thought i was lying about some some of the competitors being the best in the world because they looks anorexic in clothes. We know bodybuilding is all about illusion with the clothes of , but these pro's are not illusion , they don't "look" huge they are huge and only AAS can make that happen. Athletes will do WHATEVER it takes to progress, look at that sprinter Dwayne chambers was on i think 70 different drugs.....to add just under a second to his sprint time.....

We are lucky because to be honest over here I can go upto a bodybuilder and discuss why his delt's have made progress and he wont tell me some BS about giant set training, he will tell me straight its SEO.

Again I want to finish this up with I have seen some monsters on this board who I believe use small amounts of AAS in comparison to what is deemed a large dose, I think if you can have everything bang on training and nutrition wise you can make HUGE use of a little AAS.

Just remember if you take a step back and look at this from outsiders view, take 1 sustanon a week or 12 sustanon a week or whatever , we are drug addicts, you cant dress it up any other way? Just some of us have a line and can think outside of bodybuilding to things like our health and longevity preservation whilst doing this.

I want to finish on this food for thought, a well known so called "natty" youtuber took on my brother (Transformer) as a client and wanted him to cycle 3-4g of AAS WITH 1g cruises and diet wise after hes eaten his "clean" food eat whatever , did not recommend blood work and told him just to keep an eye on hear rate...wtf.

This SAME guy then makes vidoes on youtube about how you don't need AAS, how AAS is a minimal part of the sport and how he does not advocate it. And how pathetic is that? His entire emphasis with my brother was AAS, not training or diet and the guy on top of that advised on youtube and boards that his huge muscle gain was from his diet. Why not just be honest? Give someone the whole story and let them see if its for them, but why lie like that?

Anyway atleast in this community we have some decent lads that tell it how it is.

Great post. I wrote stuff but just deleted as no point. I will say there are lots of honest guys out there but there are an equal amount of bull shitters. The OP sounds just right from what I have heard. Guys act like some people are genetic freaks so took low doses and it couldn't be any further from the truth. Many guys can look incredible (national/pro level) on 1.5g total as they are genetic freaks. That cycle looks about right but I would say he took much more at certain times. I have good sources too but no point. Many UK bb's abuse to the high heavens. Some of these guys are on over 10g and never come off. As omega-red stated no cycles (real plans) and just use what they can get their hands on. Most haven't a clue about the science behind the drugs... even the most basic stuff.

It shouldn't annoy me in the slightest but a lot of the bullshit in this industry does annoy because I appreciate honesty. There are guys who have people up their arses and they post one thing and do the opposite. Especially in the last few days/weeks of contest prep.. some plans are just mental yet they are all about health and low doses :rolleyes:

I doubt their pre contest test was that high. They also used real/original Primo.

Nobody truly knows - but I knew national level guys (and at least one pro) in the 90's that were high test all the way through contest - maybe a few weeks before lowering. But as Shelby mentioned whether back in the 90's or now - there are guys using tons and guys that just don't need tons.

Omega telling it like it is.

Big A says similar things...several grams of test,heavy weights,lots of food...BAM!!!

Theres only a few guys to tell the truth about AAS abuse.

Where's the slin at??? :D

Even Leroy Davis didn't know about dorians slin dosages, I assume dorian will take that to the grave. However despite all the talks, Dorian didn't use SEO year round in his calves or any body part, most people in the UK just used esicline before a show in week body parts, if they could get a hold of it.

My training partner used it for the Britain finals in his triceps and said he couldn't move his arms properly for 2 days after the shots.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member