over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My 15yr old lab, Rudy

chemjr

Banned
Hey all,
I'm posting this because I have a 15 year old yellow lab named Rudy and is having health complications with his nerves that control of his back legs. He seems very happy and he still eats and he can get up some of the time some of the time he needs a little help and in general it seems to me that he still wants to be here. So what I'm asking all of you is what are any of your thoughts or opinions on the following...
He's 15, he has Lyme disease, he has hip dysplasia in the left hip had surgery on the right, still seems very happy so he has to be on pain meds twice a day. And he poops while he's laying down or sleeping without being able to control it and luckily since he's on pain meds it's usually not that much of a mess at all but I guess what I'm wondering is how long would you guys tolerate this or allow your animal to tolerate this before you thought it was time to put them down? Because to me he still seems very happy like he wants to be here with us. It doesn't seem like he's trying to let go like I witnessed with my last dog and my grandparents dog. Any and all comments and criticism are appreciated thank you in advance

This is rudy aka ruders aka Bubba mcgee.

Attachments

• 1449345406740.jpg
    1449345406740.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 296
One of my dogs had it. Once they stop eating or quality of life isn't there it's time to put him down. My dog had a degenerative spinal condition which was similar to your description. Once he stopped being able to walk entirely we put him down because he was obviously miserable and had given up.

Just be aware that while it's not too bad now, it could get much much worse (or could not). Just don't prolong it if it's not in your dog's best interest.

15 years is a great life for a dog, he's been very lucky to have you.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about your dog's health issues, this really hit home for me. I have 4 labs and had to put down my eldest 2 months ago. She got to the point she was on thyroid meds, lost alot of the control in her hind legs and would have to do a controlled drop to the ground instead of slowly laying down. In my own case having 3 other dogs i think help keep her going as long as she did (15 years old).

I too had a dog before her i had to put down when she was puking up black bile, which was no question time for her to be put down. I do know how hard this situation is, i got to the point that i had to hold her hind legs so she could climb stairs, as well as cleaning up after she had accidents pretty much daily.

It comes down to quality of life, i love my dogs like family and i don't want to have to see them suffer. I too had to give my dog pain killers as well and it just got to the point that I had to ask myself, for who am i extending her life for? What is her quality of life at this point?

Only you can decide what's best in the end, it's just very sad when it gets to the point that you see your dog, who is family and one of your best buddies starting to fall apart and sensing the dog's stress.

Sorry to hear about Rudy, gorgeous dog.
Be strong and take the right decision when time comes, you will know it.

My dog was 13 years old when he got diagnosed with prostate cancer, the vets gave him couple of months left and handed me a bag of morphine to use when he will be in pain as I didn't want to put him to sleep. I couldn't. He was still very happy and active like a puppy.
I tried all sort of treatments, and diets to make his life easier.
He couldn't get surgery because of the age and of how advanced the cancer was.
In Romania you don't have all the fancy equipment to treat animals.
I took him to many vets to get different opinions, all said to put him down then.
After about 6 months he got worse, he was sleeping all day, peeing all over the house, started peeing blood, he would still eat, throw up some of it, but didn't lose not even a gram! [emoji23]
He started to struggle to get up.
He lost his vision too, almost blind, but he was still such a happy dog. He would bark and crawl sometimes if he had to, to get his toys.
One day he just stopped everything. Couldn't pee, couldn't lift his head, that cycle would be for about 2 days then he will be up and playing again for about 7-10 days.
I didn't knew what to do, I wasn't ready to let go.
Some people said I am cruel to let him suffer, some said I am cruel just to think about taking his life away.
Not long after this his body gave up he was in too much pain and had to call the vet to put him down. Hardest decision ever.

When the right moment comes you will know it, you will feel it regardless of what everyone would say to you.

**broken link removed**

I'm sorry to hear that brother. My 13 yo boxer had the same thing with poi g while he was laying down or walking. Like he didn't even know he was doing it. He had trouble getting up, and his quality of life just wasn't there. Hardest thing I ever had to do but we put him down. I know he felt bad, and I wanted him to keep his dignity. I felt it was the best thing for him. Again brother I'm so sorry.

image.jpg

This is my 17year old jack Russell pup Cosmo. This little bastard almost turned 18. They always live longer than you think.

Thank you so much brothers. Appreciate all of your responses.
Pikiriki, thank you sir, that's about where I'm at, and fuck the haters, I know my dog. And he wants to be here, piss or no piss, shit or no shit, and until I see him miserable he's staying. I can clean some piss n shit.

Thank you so much guys. It's coming fast and not exactly what j had in in for a xmas present! Lol, fk me sideways.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS BROS

Hey all,
I'm posting this because I have a 15 year old yellow lab named Rudy and is having health complications with his nerves that control of his back legs. He seems very happy and he still eats and he can get up some of the time some of the time he needs a little help and in general it seems to me that he still wants to be here. So what I'm asking all of you is what are any of your thoughts or opinions on the following...
He's 15, he has Lyme disease, he has hip dysplasia in the left hip had surgery on the right, still seems very happy so he has to be on pain meds twice a day. And he poops while he's laying down or sleeping without being able to control it and luckily since he's on pain meds it's usually not that much of a mess at all but I guess what I'm wondering is how long would you guys tolerate this or allow your animal to tolerate this before you thought it was time to put them down? Because to me he still seems very happy like he wants to be here with us. It doesn't seem like he's trying to let go like I witnessed with my last dog and my grandparents dog. Any and all comments and criticism are appreciated thank you in advance

I just had to put down my 12 year old black lab. It was one of the hardest things that I've ever had to do. Busy (was his name) was my bro. Followed me everywhere, went on truck rides, basically slept with me, was MY dog and around me 24/7.

He too had bad hips. I had him on supplements for joint relief and some other things. I'll look them up if you want. But basically my guy stopped eating one day and stopped drinking and just laid under the table. After I had him put down (next to me in my own home) I had found out he had been suffering through kidney failure. He didn't seem to exhibit much pain but I felt so terrible...

They will tell you wen its time to go. Hide, stop eating, stop drinking etc.. Just watch them close.. He can poop standing up? That sucks man.. I hired a lady that comes out to your house and gives him an injection to paralyze him and then one to put him down.

Best of luck

**broken link removed**

RIP Buddy

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about Rudy, gorgeous dog.
Be strong and take the right decision when time comes, you will know it.
He was still very happy and active like a puppy.
I didn't knew what to do, I wasn't ready to let go.
Some people said I am cruel to let him suffer, some said I am cruel just to think about taking his life away.
Not long after this his body gave up he was in too much pain and had to call the vet to put him down. Hardest decision ever.

When the right moment comes you will know it, you will feel it regardless of what everyone would say

Thank u riki, and thank you ALL, EVERY post has been informative and touching. It's crazy how attached we can get and how much these "animals" can mean to us- even More than some humans if you ask me personally.
And yes, I am waiting for him to tell me. He will. He still is plenty happy w giving a lil woof and mom me know he needs help up to go on balcony and go pee, he does poop in his sleep, but I just pick it up. Nbd. He is still happy in his face I would say half the time or better, he just sleeps all day and waits for the evening to hang out.
However, I must admit this shit is getting very taxing on my sleep and schedule, but when your heart is in it I guess you'll go til you drop, quite literally.
Keep em coming guys, I think this helps ya'll just as it is helping me. Of course ya'll are helping me a lot more and I can't thank you enough. "BROTHERS" OF IRON UNITE. HUA!

If you decide to put him down, please let the vet put him to sleep before putting him down. You can be with the animal while he goes to sleep. Our family put our dog down years ago, back in the 80s. It was not a pretty site. Will never do that again. From now on, all of our cats and dogs will be put to sleep first.

Last edited:
:(

im sorry about your doggie :(

Ty deathroll and hohojijo. He is still w us as of now, so he got to celebrate his 16th birthday! Fk yea! 132! (If my math is correct). He has been a blessing. Just feeding him like a bastard and hoping for best of a not so great situation. Thx again all.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your dog 15 is a long life for a lab. I have a 7 year old yellow lab he the best dog I've ever had

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ty deathroll and hohojijo. He is still w us as of now, so he got to celebrate his 16th birthday! Fk yea! 132! (If my math is correct). He has been a blessing. Just feeding him like a bastard and hoping for best of a not so great situation. Thx again all.

Hope he's still doing well, brother.

I've had to go through a few dogs being put to sleep because of degenerative conditions and lack of quality of life and it hurts like no other. For some reason I cry more at those moments than the loss of a human (though I haven't lost anyone that close to me aside from my great grandpa who was 97, so that was a bit different) -- I think it's not because I'm a sociopath, but just because I feel like with a person you can tell them and know they know your feelings. With a dog, part of me knows they understand how much we love them, but that communication barrier just makes it suck so much more because you just want them to know how much they mean to you.

Anyway, your dog is lucky to have you :)

Midwest beast thank you so much. And I Completely Agree. It is exactly that barrier, that I can't explain what I am going to do, and whether he actually Wants it done. Oh man, so torn. I mean I know he wants to be here bc he still wags his tail happily, still gets up on his own when meds are kicked in, and still likes to hang out in the evenings. You can tell a dog's happiness after 16 fkn yrs. And I swear, he knows about 23 different words, slightly blind in one eye, back legs going to total shit, benign cysts all over his body, and loosing weight from not being able to get up and around.
And that's what gets me most- he used to stand right next to me as I wrenched on my dubs (vw's) or jeeps, would walk down to the river or the crick w me, would jump in the pond at hunt club property, all kinds of Physical Activity. And that's what gets me most- if I couldn't do any physical activity or get around like him, maybe I'd just take too much medication one nite maybe, idk? And I wonder what he thinks/feels.? Personally, I think he's a trooper like me and doesn't wanna give up for shit. It'll be over when it's Supposed to be over. I just keep an eye on his tail and face for now. Thanks all for your veins and support as loosing him will be harder than Any loss I've had before, even my grandmother who I love Extremely well and was like a mother to me. I still think this will be harder. Like you said, the communication barrier. Saying goodbye isn't really the same at all, making peace at a funeral again isn't an option with how I will have to handle, etc. Really sucks. Hoping the move from apartment to family home with yard will up his spirits and be a lil more active. May put him on a little test and custom diet to make his last year one of his best and most love filled. Thx for letting me vent. Choked up just writing this, gd. Thx all. Very much. A1 out

If you decide to put him down, please let the vet put him to sleep before putting him down. You can be with the animal while he goes to sleep. Our family put our dog down years ago, back in the 80s. It was not a pretty site. Will never do that again. From now on, all of our cats and dogs will be put to sleep first.

And yes, if nature doesn't take its course and it comes to that, the Mobile vets we have here most definitely put them to sleep before putting them down. And he will know. Candles and all that shit. Send him off to the spirit in the sky after I make him some venison tenderloins slathered in A1 with oven baked taters and veggies. He will eat like a fkn king!

So it seems like my father wants to put him down- yes, I do live with my father, it works- bc he is going to bathroom, #2, in the house and honestly I think he just doesn't want to take care of him. .wb,"(?mñr4545 , w

One thing I learned when our chow chow passed a few years back was that dogs won't show you their in pain very often if ever, our dog seemed "not right" and we just rolled with it but as days and months passed on his walking changed to the point he just didn't have the energy to walk, then he couldn't really climb the stairs in the house.

We took him to the vet sadly as we suspected the worse, a Xray was done and a massive tumor the size of a couple of softballs inside him but there was our pal Chewey, happy as hell and wagging his tail everyday and eating and trying to play like it was all fine and dandy.

The vet told us he was doing a valiant job of faking us out, the dog was in serious pain but why would he show his master, he may not have been the Alpha in our family but he sure wasn't going down looking like a chump and he toughed it out without showing us the pain.

We decided that day not to put him down and took him home for the weekend, many tears flowed and we spoiled him rotten that weekend and let him know we loved him and the Monday after the weekend we took him to the vet and put him down, first a shot to relax him and then the one to put him down.

When all was said and done it was a enormous stress relief off the wife and I, we just couldn't go another day knowing that huge tumor was in him and here he was fighting to stay alive and acting like he wasn't in pain, we knew he was much better off being put to sleep and not suffering at all.

Thank you for your words. Truly. I can't say I feel too much in disagreement with your statements, but then again I've also been told dogs feel pain different than humans. And as much as I don't want my dog to suffer, I don't want to loose just yet either. We are moving into a new house (in small apt now) w a yard and feel that the change of environment would do wonders. Vets say he is healthy. He is just loosing weight/strength bc he doesn't have anywhere to roam. Since we move at the end of this month, I think we will keep him into the new house and see what some good food and space, and maybe even some test can do for him.
I don't have any eq, but do have some deca, idk how dogs respond to aas. I have read some info that stated about how much per kilo but not What compounds to use. I'm just thinking if he's healthy in general and gonna have a big yard to chill/wander in, then maybe a Little test/wtvr wouldn't hurt? Any thoughts?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131