over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Accidental LCR357 Discharge - not me

triathloncoach

Featured Member / Kilo Klub / Board Supporter
Featured Member
Board Supporter
I'm also active on a firearms website and this was recently posted. He claims he was handling the gun with his hand over the muzzle and without pulling the trigger the gun fired. It was a critical defense jhp from Hornady. I just traded my LCR357 for a 9mm Shield and I don't buy his story. Sounds like he is fishing for a fraudulent law suit against Ruger. He should sue his parents for having stupid children. Unfortunately that website is 100% politically correct and no negative comments allowed.

Anyway - I thought this was a very interesting photo.

Attachments

• hand.jpg
    hand.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 1,246
If people would practice proper firearm handling, and use some damn common sense, things like this wouldn't happen! Luckily this idiot shot his hand, and not some innocent bystander, or worse of all an innocent child!!! When will some people understand THESE ARE NOT TOYS!!! :banghead:

The only LCR's i've seen don't have an exposed hammer and are double action only meaning that the trigger has to be pulled though the firing cycle for it to go bang
their may be a differant model i'm not aware of though and if this is the case then he was handeling the gun with a cock hammer and in this case he needs to be hit in his cock with a hammer!!:mad:

#1) the weapon was not properly safed out , their is not 1 gun in thw world that will fire when it does NOT have bullets

#2) the asshole was not practicing proper safe gun handeling weather the gun was safed out or not

Luckly it was only him that was injured , as soon as that hand heals he should have to go though a 40 hr gun safety and shooting course before he is allowed to buy , own or handel a gun again

Agreed!!!! Like i said common sense goes a long way. Unfortunately we have morons like this in the gun community, people who seem to have never grown past their child like mentality!

The only LCR's i've seen don't have an exposed hammer and are double action only meaning that the trigger has to be pulled though the firing cycle for it to go bang
their may be a differant model i'm not aware of though and if this is the case then he was handeling the gun with a cock hammer and in this case he needs to be hit in his cock with a hammer!!:mad:

#1) the weapon was not properly safed out , their is not 1 gun in thw world that will fire when it does NOT have bullets

#2) the asshole was not practicing proper safe gun handeling weather the gun was safed out or not

Luckly it was only him that was injured , as soon as that hand heals he should have to go though a 40 hr gun safety and shooting course before he is allowed to buy , own or handel a gun again

From all the LCR's i've seen, you are correct no exposed hammer!

5414.jpg

These are the people who give us gun owners a bad name. Thanks for sharing that TC, I agree with you that he's looking for a fraudulent case to sue. I've heard from a buddy of mine that the Remington 700 has a history of firing if the bolt is hit (not the trigger being pulled), any of you guys heard of this before? This is upsetting as I'd like to get one to hunt with

idk man that shit looks done for

My first question is why in the hell would he have his hand over the muzzle? And my second question is why do people continuously clean their guns when they are loaded? I'm not sure if this was the case for this man, but I have heard many accidents of people shooting themselves while cleaning their loaded gun.

A few years ago I ran a (off duty) police officer that was cleaning his gun and shot himself in the leg and struck his femoral artery. He actually went into cardiac arrest from the blood loss, but we were able to revive him at the hospital and thankfully he survived. He ultimately had his leg amputated though.

Even trained professionals make stupid mistakes, but I think the thing to remember is never lose respect for things that can kill you. The moment you lose respect for your firearm is when accidents happen.

Last edited:
These are the people who give us gun owners a bad name. Thanks for sharing that TC, I agree with you that he's looking for a fraudulent case to sue. I've heard from a buddy of mine that the Remington 700 has a history of firing if the bolt is hit (not the trigger being pulled), any of you guys heard of this before? This is upsetting as I'd like to get one to hunt with

I've seen this about 9-10 times on the rem 700 and in every case it was from sombody trying to reduce the trigger pull on the gun , its an very simple fix as long as they dident start chewing on it with their handy dremel tool.
Ive heard of new guns having this issue but from what I understand it was due to a bad batch of trigger sears getting shipped , in trigger geometry a couple thousandths is a lot.
When I build a gun or do a trigger job I do a series of test to ensure the gun won't fire "accidentally" including dropping it 24" onto the butt stock

Thank god it wasn't a kid or innocent bystander that he shot

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Yea he aint gonna be playing the piano again , he'll have an effective meat hammer though:p

when you wrote"as soon as that hand heals"i was thinkin...can they fix that?
can they?

when you wrote"as soon as that hand heals"i was thinkin...can they fix that?
can they?

It'll never be like it was but he"ll likely be able to close it again , enough to feed himself with it , the index and pinky finger and thumb look fine the tendons down the finer are probably fine as long as they are destroyed where the follow the hand bones up.

The hand is so thin and those rounds are desgined to penitrate a little bit more than some so the damage may not be as bad as it looks.

I know a guy that got hus hand magled up realy bad working offshore and they were able to save enough for him to be able to hold a coke can and fork , very little fine dexterity like picking up pennys but its better than not being their.

Here was his original post. His 2 year old son was in a different room. It's a long thread, lots of chit-chat. He may lose his middle finger, it was nearly detached as he said the bullet shattered every bone in his hand. (?)

He sounds like a fairly articulate guy. Someone asked how he typed his story. :)

PS - I miss my LCR. And no, his is not for sale. I asked. ;)

We all laugh and think of how stupid one must be when we see a self inflicted gun shot. I don't know exactly what the **** happened but I do know the outcome. I had a ruger LCR357 discharge through my left hand. I did not have my fingers in the trigger guard or on the trigger. It was time for the lcr to be cleaned. So I cupped my hand and went to open the cylinder and bang. The damn thing went off. I kept as calm as someone who had just been shot could be. Called 911 and the wife. Thank God my two year old was in a safe place.
I just wanted to let you all know that even the safe and knowledgeable can make mistakes and bad **** can happen. Stay safe and God bless you all
It was a critical defense jhp from Hornady

Later in the thread

I remember the report and saying out loud. You have got to be ****ing kidding me. I ran into the room my son was in just to be sure. And then found a towel to control the blood. Called 911 and the guy that answers said 911 what's your emergency. I calmly told him I have just blown my hand to **** with a 357 mag. He asked if it was on purpose. I said he'll no I don't know exactly how the hell I did it but it hurt and to hurry as I was bleeding pretty good.

The whole time I'm on the phone I am rounding up all the guns. I clear the lcr then clear my Dan Wesson and my smith&Wesson 629-1 44 magnum. So glad it was not the 44mag. The sheriff shows up secures the weapons then ems shows up. They were trying to get my stainless steel wedding band off. The ring cutter they had was not enough. So one of the ems guys tried to get the ring off. As I sit and watch my ring finger swelling I knew it had to come off. I spit on my hand and yanked the ring off. The ems guy almost passed out. You have no idea how much pain you really in until the adrenaline wears off.

Last edited:
How the fuck do you accidentally shoot a double action with what, a nice long 10lb pull?

This is the gun my wife carries and I can't help but think that this guy shot himself in order to try to get a settlement from ruger. As stupid as it sounds, nothing else even seems plausible with this particular gun.

Here was his original post. His 2 year old son was in a different room. It's a long thread, lots of chit-chat. He may lose his middle finger, it was nearly detached as he said the bullet shattered every bone in his hand. (?)

He sounds like a fairly articulate guy. Someone asked how he typed his story. :)

PS - I miss my LCR. And no, his is not for sale. I asked. ;)

That guy has shit for brains and needs to learn how to handel a gun before he handels one , at no point during any manipulation should a body part pass in front of the muzzle , i've seen alot of guys get their ear screamed into for putting their hand over the muzzle of a pistol when preforming a "press check" this picture is proof that you never point a gun at anything you do not want to destroy.

Any law suit he tries to file i think (and hope) gets shot out of the water , he is gonna have a pretty hard time proving that the gun just went off and his finger was no where near the trigger.

My dad and uncles were damn near abusive with their gun safety teaching , i can't count how man times i got the shit smacked out of me for almost doing somthing dumb.

this reminds me of that dick head DEA agent that shot himself in the foot while givng a gun safety class to kids!!

Wow That hand looks bad. Seems like a really dumb thing to do though putting your hand over the muzzle. Hell I just went shooting for the first time on monday and even with the breach open and no shells the rule was barrel points towards the ground or straight up in the air.

There is no such thing as an accidental discharge. There are only negligent discharges. I spent my entire military career in units where an ND got you shipped off to big army with your "cool guy" status revoked. The only time I've ever seen me that was excusable was when a round cooked off in the chamber with the weapon on safe. It was when the M4 first came out, and the first ones had a tendency to do that if shot too much on full auto. A buddy of mine took a knee to throw a grenade during a break in contact live fire exercise, and his M4 cooked off hanging on the sling. The round blew out his calf, but he was so conditioned that all he did was hold both hands up and shout "it's on safe! I didn't touch the trigger!" repeatedly. Training is a funny thing sometimes...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear