over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Old School Stories

thethinker48

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
There's a lot of guys on here who've been doing this longer than I've been alive (Alfresco comes to mind!) , and have some super cool stories to tell about pros from the past, or just the lifestyle in general; Would be awesome if everyone shared their stories on here!

Could be anything from contest experience, encounter with a pro, some rare brand of steroid they tried :)D).

In

Interested in hearing about Parabolan Negma
Which was basically pharma grade Tren from what I understand

In

Interested in hearing about Parabolan Negma
Which was basically pharma grade Tren from what I understand

Negma was quite popular.. Back in the 80s muscular development used to have heavy coverage of the nabba/wabba shows in Europe,, many big names back then would compete in that org instead of the Ifbb .. Joe meeko, larry Bernstein, victor Terra jeff King , John brown.. The list goes on but many today don't know them because the IFBB is so dominant.. But according to some of the competitors one of the reasons to go over there was the availability to obtain Negma parabolan easily and bring it back to the states.. That's how well thought of the compound was..

Negma was quite popular.. Back in the 80s muscular development used to have heavy coverage of the nabba/wabba shows in Europe,, many big names back then would compete in that org instead of the Ifbb .. Joe meeko, larry Bernstein, victor Terra jeff King , John brown.. The list goes on but many today don't know them because the IFBB is so dominant.. But according to some of the competitors one of the reasons to go over there was the availability to obtain Negma parabolan easily and bring it back to the states.. That's how well thought of the compound was..

Never heard a single name from those you have mentioned, I guess you´re right in saying the IFBB is too dominant. Thanks for the info.

This will be a cool thread. Good idea OP.

I'm not as old school as most here, as far as how long ive been around but I have had a chance to meet several pros from different shows or expos I've been too. One thing that surprised me most was how short the majority of them are. Jay cutler comes to mind most of all. He must be 5'3 or just around there at the most. None the less he was impressive to see in person though, very wide and the mass he carries for his height is out of this world.

I also met kai greene. He was a monster also. I remember shaking his hand and noticing the veins in his forearms that appeared to be fire hoses in size And his actual forearm size was what seemed to be the size of my quads on a good day. Exaggeration but you get the idea. Very nice guy, easy to talk to.

Looking forward to hearing everyones stories here.

Last edited:
I didn't know I was taller than Jay Cutler!?:confused:

I think you're mistaken.

I didn't know I was taller than Jay Cutler!?:confused:

I think you're mistaken.

You are 100% correct. I am thinking of lee priest being the short one. They were both at the same expo in michigan when I was there a few years back. Not sure how I got that confused. Let me look them up real quick I'm sure I can find their height somewhere.

Jay Cutler is around 5ft10 or so,I've met him and if was 5'3 I'd only be about 5'7 lol...

THE REAPER

Yep, Internet seach says cutler is 5'10... lee priest is 5'4. I've got pictures if me with them somewhere on this computer. let me see if I can find them and have my wife crop out my face in them.

Lee Labrada was a great bodybuilder and a very smart businessman, but in person he looked like a really buff Hobbit....I would guess he was even shorter than Lee Priest. Priest used to get as wide as he was tall sometimes in the off season, but he always came to contests looking great.

Never heard a single name from those you have mentioned, I guess you´re right in saying the IFBB is too dominant. Thanks for the info.

that's cus those are all NABBA guys.......

:eek:

If you were from the 80's, you know every last one of those guys. We didn't even compete in the NPC early 80's, it was AAU. My first contest and overall win was 1986 AAU Mr. Wyoming Valley.

Last edited:
In 1991

I was a Junior in college and we had Bob Paris come speak. He didn't come about bodybuilding though, he came to talk about being gay. He brought his partner along, his name was Rod and he was a male model. It was an interesting evening listening to them talk about the issue.

The following year, 1992, my private gym on campus that was student run paid Lee Lebrada to come pose at our bodybuilding show. Now that was exciting. He also gave an hour or more seminar that was question and answer based. Good stuff.

Last edited:
You are 100% correct. I am thinking of lee priest being the short one. They were both at the same expo in michigan when I was there a few years back. Not sure how I got that confused. Let me look them up real quick I'm sure I can find their height somewhere.[/quote]

Yeah, Jay is at least 5'10'. I've met him several times. I'm 5'10" as well and here's a picture of him with me and my family. You can see we're about the same height and he is leaning to the side a little.

Attachments

• Jay1.jpg
    Jay1.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 482
Last edited:
Sorry about the size of the picture. Couldn't resize.

Last, can't beat the glory days of real pharma and the prices. I remember my first run of negma tren at 1/2 amp every three days and just morphing daily. Or .47 cents for a amp of sust, prices and quality are incomparable now

I think Jay's closer to 5'8, Ronnie was a bit taller than him when they competed and it wasn't by 1 inch.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I think Jay's closer to 5'8, Ronnie was a bit taller than him when they competed and it wasn't by 1 inch.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I am 6 foot and when I stood next to Ronnie it seemed I was about an inch or two taller. Jay was shorter, I stood next to him too.

I am 6 foot and when I stood next to Ronnie it seemed I was about an inch or two taller. Jay was shorter, I stood next to him too.
I stood next to both and your correct,Ronnie is just a bit taller than Jay...But man those guys were huge regardless, especially Ronnie pure freak...

THE REAPER

Last, can't beat the glory days of real pharma and the prices. I remember my first run of negma tren at 1/2 amp every three days and just morphing daily. Or .47 cents for a amp of sust, prices and quality are incomparable now

Real Anavar, Steris Cyp by the caseload, Syntex Anadrol...and most foreign based steroids were real!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131