YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Competitive bodybuilders, what is day to day life like for you?

Lionheart1776

Newbies
I'm very curios what day to day life is like for those of you competing, especially during prep.

I am trying to picture what it must be like to hungry all the time, tired and lethargic from all the training. And then have to deal with the side effects of running high amounts of tren which causes insomia, aggression, impatience, nervousness, and other non so fun sides for a lot of people in varying degrees. Then have to run GH that makes most people tired and lethargic at higher doses. And have have an oral (probably a harsh one at a high dose) keeping your liver busy, and all the other anabolics with their own individual side effects.

So I wrote a couple of questions below, please feel free to just answer the ones you like/want to. Because I know I wrote a lot of them.

Are you in a bad mood most of the time from being hungry, tired, under-slept, coupled with the high androgen's? And does your mood strain your personal relationships?

What does your daily, eating, diet, training, and drug administration routine look like including any ancillarys used to treat sides? Does that routine tie you down or limit where you can go and what you can do?

Do you have any health concerns? Both in terms of how you feel and also found through medical testing?

How do you see yourself/or how did you end up retiring? And how large will you decide to maintain your physique and with what degree of time and effort do you give to it?

What is it like walking around in public when you are at your biggest and leanest right before a big show? Obviously would be quite a site for almost anyone to see, do strangers constantly bug you? (For stuff like pictures or to ask questions/make comments.)

Do you frequently feel famous, and do you enjoy all the attention? Or do you wish people'd just leave you alone and mind their own business?

Do women and and or homosexual males frequently make advances towards you? Is it something that you appreciate or does getting hit on all the time get old and annoying fast?

How do other males react to your powerful physique? Do "tough" guys at bars try to fight/challenge you a lot, or do they leave you be?

Why did you decide to take bodybuilding this far?

Does your physique bring you financial opportunities that out weight the costs of building and maintaining it?

Does your physique get you girls? Girls that (pre-bodybuilding you) could only dream of? Or are you so big and muscular that your dating pool is mostly limited to females that are heavily into the fitness community?

What made you really fall in love with the sport?

ANSWER: No , I don’t believe that you have to starve to diet , sleeping is very important so that’s a priority especially during prep. The only strain it puts on the family is bringing my meals when we go out to eat if it not time for a schedule cheat meal

ANSWER: eating is nearly the same schedule 6-7 meals a day , drugs are administered as needed , generally twice a week

ANSWER: not really because I have labs draw before prep and I take appropriate measures to ensure health

ANSWER: I’ll probably stop competing when I lose interest in it which honestly is coming do to the direction that the sport is going , in my region at least because the NPC in Louisiana is a total fucking joke, I don’t think I’ll get much bigger , maybe a couple pounds a year if I’m lucky

ANSWER: I’m actually pretty self conscious so I wear lose shirts and stuff , some guys will ask about bodybuilding , training and of course drugs

ANSWER:I don’t feel famous at all because I’m not , the attention it brings can get annoying but I generally ignore it

ANSWER: the only time I’ve been hit on by guys was in the French Quarter in New Orleans but that’s par for the course down there , generally most women aren’t that attracted to the big bodybuilding physique I don’t find and wearing my wedding ring helps , I think the women that are attracted are generally more curious than anything.

ANSWER: there are always going to be be insecure beta males every where you go , I just ignore them or laugh them off. Most people see bodybuilders as big cumbersome slow people when most really aren’t. Being big and strong has advantages in a fight but your training will be the deciding factor

ANSWER: it’s a challenge

ANSWER: bodybuilding has only cost me money so far

ANSWER:I wouldn’t think so, I’ve be happily married for 19 years only been bodybuilding for about 12 years

ANSWER: the challenge and how it defies a lot of what science tells us is fact

these are interesting questions for sure.

I would answer, but im not a competitive bodybuilder :eek:

another interesting question I think is... 'do you have a day job? if so, does it detract from your bodybuilding aspirations?'

'what has competitive bodybuilding taught you about yourself?'

'have you ever done gay for pay?' :eek:

another interesting question I think is... 'do you have a day job? if so, does it detract from your bodybuilding aspirations?'

Gay for pay[emoji23]
LMFAO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little Slice, you have every right to answer it. You won the biggest transformation contest, that makes you a competitor in my eyes,lol. And yes I would like to know those questions too, especially the gay for pay one, lol.

I'm not a competitive bodybuilder, I used to be, I switched over to Classic when it was introduced in 2016 . The stigma of a competitive bodybuilder i guess it that massive guys and I prefer a classic look. On another perspective when it comes down to it its the same thing, so in essence I am a bodybuilder, I just call it Classic Physique, although sometimes I do say bodybuilding or bodybuilder, just a smaller look, which id rather look like.

ANSWER No Id just say your more hungry, and yes it effects mood. That said there's no excuse for being in a shitty mood. My previous relationship with my ex during this year contest prep was fine. I did get moody but we worked it out and she called me out on it which im glad she did and pointed out thats no reason to be in a shitty mood , low sleep, low calories, low anything.

ANSWER I just go day to day. I used raloxifene most of prep and finasteride

ANSWER I get lab results regular , two times a year, and yes of course I watch my tests. More importantly not doing anything thats going to take a toll on my health, and using health supplements like tudca, apple cider vinegar, cycle support maybe, the niacin version that ive seen a study showing it does help cholesterol.

ANSWER I see myself as a healthy fit person. Im satisfied where I am now, size wise, and have been on trt only past nine weeks. Ive maintained size and looks good, although i could be leaner, Ive kept waist decent, much better than the past, and thats what matters to me, improvement. I compete in Classic and have quite a few pounds im allowed to put on so I'm taking my time as I see no need to ramp dosing up too much or too fast.

ANSWER Its like any other time except i know im leaner . Most people may not notice unless I have my shirt off . I strive to keep my face and body lean year round so although there is a difference in appearance , its probally not that noticeable for the average person, I just like looking good year round, thats not to say i dont add fat after a competition because I try and stay 20 lbs above contest weight, if I add more muscle than great, but keeping a check on body fat levels

ANSWER People at the gym know of me which is fine, it can help me get a client for personal training which I do on the side while working another regular job so that generates more income. Im happy to help and inspire other people that want to focus on this area

ANSWER I get stares from women. Its happened before where a women picked me up, but most of the time Im the one that has to make the first conversation.

ANSWER Other males usually want to look like me and some have told me so. Girl at work jokes about it all the time how a guy im personal training always talks about me, and she says hes jealous lol I dont know if thats true I think its funny though. Im 6ft2 and 220 , decently lean, handsome and a cool kind guy so its all good. I like to get along with people. Some guys who I dont know that well, or even that first time ive talked which ask me do you take steroids or like yesterday my first show was NGA a natural competition and he said youre natural right....I said no....he said I thought you were natural bc the first show you did was natural.....I said yeah that was in 2009. Somehow he heard from gym talk my first show was natural, so gym-talk goes around in my gym about me, these are the guys that socialize a lot in the gym. I like to socialize , that said when its time to train , its time to train.

ANSWER I started to get myself positive, focused, and just the self esteem that comes along with the work, and bettering myself with my body

ANSWER it has helped quite a bit. i do this because I love it. ive been doing this sixteen years non stop so its for the love of it. Money is nice so I am looking for ways to make money and if my physique helps that , then fabulous

Answer It helps. No im not that big

Answer That feeling of accomplishing a workout day to day. having something positive to focus on, to help and inspire others.

here's a few from competition this year.

Put my answers in bold :)

I'm very curios what day to day life is like for those of you competing, especially during prep.

I am trying to picture what it must be like to hungry all the time, tired and lethargic from all the training. And then have to deal with the side effects of running high amounts of tren which causes insomia, aggression, impatience, nervousness, and other non so fun sides for a lot of people in varying degrees. Then have to run GH that makes most people tired and lethargic at higher doses. And have have an oral (probably a harsh one at a high dose) keeping your liver busy, and all the other anabolics with their own individual side effects.

So I wrote a couple of questions below, please feel free to just answer the ones you like/want to. Because I know I wrote a lot of them.

Are you in a bad mood most of the time from being hungry, tired, under-slept, coupled with the high androgen's? And does your mood strain your personal relationships? My mood stays pretty consistent as long as I stay on top of my meals. I get more spacey than anything and have issues staying on task and remembering things. My wife is a trooper and is very understanding of these times, but I'm also quick to acknowledge when I'm "off" and apologize and just try to be mindful of how I'm acting.

What does your daily, eating, diet, training, and drug administration routine look like including any ancillarys used to treat sides? Does that routine tie you down or limit where you can go and what you can do? Five to six meals a day, every 3 hours, all pre prepped and packaged so it's just a matter of heating things up when it's time to eat. Training during prep was a 4 day split, usually Thursday-Sunday to maximize recovery so I wouldn't be as miserable during the week. Supplements were a daily thing and that gets more tiresome than anything honestly. Ancillaries were just part of the normal morning or evening vitamin routine. Meal timing more than anything limits the ability to really do too much outside the house in the late stages of prep.

Do you have any health concerns? Both in terms of how you feel and also found through medical testing? I feel completely fine most of the time, never any real side effects from supplements. Medical testing shows my cholesterol is usually a bit off and liver values a bit high, but that's been consistent my whole life and hasn't really raised any red flags for myself of my doctor.

How do you see yourself/or how did you end up retiring? And how large will you decide to maintain your physique and with what degree of time and effort do you give to it? As long as I can continue to improve and be competitive, I'd like to compete until the point where I'm considered a valuable source of information and can have a handful of clients and travel and do seminars. Once I'm done on stage I have no problems hanging out around 180lbs and continue my same gym rat routine I've had forever because I truly do enjoy the training and discipline of a healthy diet.

What is it like walking around in public when you are at your biggest and leanest right before a big show? Obviously would be quite a site for almost anyone to see, do strangers constantly bug you? (For stuff like pictures or to ask questions/make comments.) I definitely get some weird looks if I'm in a tank top or wearing shorts. Being a middleweight I'm not exactly huge, but stage ready I can look kind of crazy, and I have 18+ inch calves so those get stared out a lot by people. I also have a full sleeve tattoo, so hard to tell if they're looking at that or everything in general. Old ladies talk to me more than anyone, mostly wanting to know about my tattoos, lol.

Do you frequently feel famous, and do you enjoy all the attention? Or do you wish people'd just leave you alone and mind their own business? I don't feel famous in the least bit. A few people recognize me from IG but that's about it and I'm fine with it. I would be fine with attention also but I'm not really seeking to be famous.

Do women and and or homosexual males frequently make advances towards you? Is it something that you appreciate or does getting hit on all the time get old and annoying fast? I get comments and messages on social media. Women are more forward with advances and coming on strong, whereas men are usually more respectful. Example, a woman will send me a nude picture and ask to meet up, whereas a male will send me a message with a legit compliment along with something along the lines of "I hope youre not offended or weirded out by a gay guy." I don't judge anyone for sexual preference but the contrast between men and women in that regard is very striking to me.

How do other males react to your powerful physique? Do "tough" guys at bars try to fight/challenge you a lot, or do they leave you be? I don't go out and when I do I try to stay covered up. If I do go out, my group of friends is super limited and the two other males I do hang out with, one is 6'9" tall and the other is a little taller than me but a 250lb powerlifter, so I fly under the radar, lol.

Why did you decide to take bodybuilding this far? I competed for awhile to keep myself busy and to have a goal. After my first overall win though I got some feedback about competing at a higher level and decided to start pushing to see how far I could take myself.

Does your physique bring you financial opportunities that out weight the costs of building and maintaining it? I get some money from the handful of clients I have and some free product from a couple of sponsors, but I don't actively seek either out so to me it's not a big deal. This is a hobby and I just really enjoy the industry.

Does your physique get you girls? Girls that (pre-bodybuilding you) could only dream of? Or are you so big and muscular that your dating pool is mostly limited to females that are heavily into the fitness community? Married and my wife loves the muscle. Considering some of the messages I get (which I just assume I'm being catfished anyways) some people seem to find me attractive, lol.

What made you really fall in love with the sport? I like to consider myself an artistic person with a penchant for sports, so to me this was a great cross between an athletic pursuit and artistry.

Forgot to answer your question!

I do have a day job, I work as a project engineer for a construction company. It rarely detracts or takes away from bodybuilding except for the oddball days that are jam packed with meetings and inspections, that can mess with my meals and training a bit, but it's rare and only a couple of times a year.

ANSWER: the only time I’ve been hit on by guys was in the French Quarter in New Orleans but that’s par for the course down there , generally most women aren’t that attracted to the big bodybuilding physique I don’t find and wearing my wedding ring helps , I think the women that are attracted are generally more curious than anything.

I notice exactly the opposite. I get more attention from women when im at my biggest. And wearing a wedding ring doesn't help....it almost seems to make it worse. A waitress at a bar is new Orleans asked my wife if it was ok if she touched me on our honeymoon....lol. And like 3 weeks ago at a bar with some work friends this super gay Hispanic guy asked me if his cougar friends could feel my muscles

Do you frequently feel famous, and do you enjoy all the attention? Or do you wish people'd just leave you alone and mind their own business?

this is the best one
hilarious

I notice exactly the opposite. I get more attention from women when im at my biggest.

they see you as more 'out of their league' when you are lean, and are therefore much less likely to approach - as they feel the probability of rejection is increased substantially.

they see you as more 'out of their league' when you are lean, and are therefore much less likely to approach - as they feel the probability of rejection is increased substantially.

Whatever the rason is fine with me. I pulled my hottest tail at around 265 and maybe 14-15 percent bodyfat before a PW meet

I was talking with Brandon Curry today at the Gym.
4 weeks out from the Olympia. Said he would be there daily now.
I'll pick his brain a little but I don't think there are really any secrets!
He did comment on my Veins though! lol

Just being muscular in general does that with most girls.

Just like how a girl who is evolutionarily equipped is intimidating to most guys.

It also helps being a normal human being with muscles, half the guys I know start all their sentences with "bro" or "dawg"...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Just being muscular in general does that with most girls.

Just like how a girl who is evolutionarily equipped is intimidating to most guys.

It also helps being a normal human being with muscles, half the guys I know start all their sentences with "bro" or "dawg"...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

had a couple very attractive young ladies (both of whom were dating very fat guys) tell me that they "find chubby guys attractive"

I was like "lol no u don't.."

:eek:

had a couple very attractive young ladies (both of whom were dating very fat guys) tell me that they "find chubby guys attractive"

I was like "lol no u don't.."

:eek:

I don't know if it's like this everywhere, but where I live there is an undeniable trend where absolute smokeshows date out of shape guys completely out of their league. Specifically in my town it's fat, bearded, backwards hat, Bud Light drinking, flip flops, truck driving douchebags. Girls that could be on the cover of magazines dating complete losers or beta males. I realized that the most beautiful women are hands down the most insecure as well as narcissistic. So therefore, when selecting a mate, they

1. Want the upper hand. By being more attractive than their significant other it asserts that the male is under her thumb.

2. Provides her with security and peace of mind that he won't go astray and cheat on her. Her thought process being "he could never do better than me ever, so there's no one for him to cheat on me with."

So when a guy is handsome and muscular, even if she is incredibly attracted to him, she'll settle for the other kind.

I don't know if it's like this everywhere, but where I live there is an undeniable trend where absolute smokeshows date out of shape guys completely out of their league. Specifically in my town it's fat, bearded, backwards hat, Bud Light drinking, flip flops, truck driving douchebags. Girls that could be on the cover of magazines dating complete losers or beta males. I realized that the most beautiful women are hands down the most insecure as well as narcissistic. So therefore, when selecting a mate, they

1. Want the upper hand. By being more attractive than their significant other it asserts that the male is under her thumb.

2. Provides her with security and peace of mind that he won't go astray and cheat on her. Her thought process being "he could never do better than me ever, so there's no one for him to cheat on me with."

So when a guy is handsome and muscular, even if she is incredibly attracted to him, she'll settle for the other kind.

or just fuck the handsome, muscular guy on the side :eek:

seen it firsthand

That's ridiculous it depends on the girl I am dating the most attractive prettiest black girl in Miami and am sure she has a lot of people wish to date her but she choosen me cuz she is pretty and secure she like when she get into the club with the biggest and in shape guy and even when other friends come and talk and they are commenting on me I find her like holding my hands and claiming me and she is also sure about me that I won't cheat on her cuz I have everything I need I complete package

That's ridiculous it depends on the girl I am dating the most attractive prettiest black girl in Miami and am sure she has a lot of people wish to date her but she choosen me cuz she is pretty and secure she like when she get into the club with the biggest and in shape guy and even when other friends come and talk and they are commenting on me I find her like holding my hands and claiming me and she is also sure about me that I won't cheat on her cuz I have everything I need I complete package

would you perhaps say that you are the..

leader of the pack?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity