over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Aromatization: free vs bound test

sub7percent

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
I’m wondering how to look at this, meaning is it my total test that is subject to aromatization or only unbound test?

For example, if I am taking 200mg test weekly and 25mg aromasin twice weekly to put my estrogen where I want it to be, and I add something that will inhibit shbg, will I now have higher estrogen due to higher free test? Or will it be the same because my total test has not changed?

I would expect only free test aromatizes but I am no expert here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i miss the good ole days when we talked about drugs. its all bout estro now:st:r-wars
-F2S

i miss the good ole days when we talked about drugs. its all bout estro now:st:r-wars

-F2S

Actually this discussion is about the impact of drugs on estrogen. Meaning if I take something that lowers shbg should I also up my aromsin.

its all bout the bloods, bro.
or brah, whichever makes me sound cooler....
i do wonder the same thing tho. i need more adex than most guys due to my higher ratio of free test.
every 500 "points" my test level is i need .5 adex a week to keep my e2 in check. i was at 2400 lately, 2mg a week and i was still a bit to the left of the high range.
other guys say they need no adex even at 500 a week. right.

SHBG isn't what people once thought, "bound" test isn't inactive because SHBG has a cell membrane receptor, I wouldn't want to lower SHBG.

I’m wondering how to look at this, meaning is it my total test that is subject to aromatization or only unbound test?

For example, if I am taking 200mg test weekly and 25mg aromasin twice weekly to put my estrogen where I want it to be, and I add something that will inhibit shbg, will I now have higher estrogen due to higher free test? Or will it be the same because my total test has not changed?

I would expect only free test aromatizes but I am no expert here.

If you're taking 25mg of Aromasin 2x a week for 200mg of test, you're going to have other problems. Check out this thread as well... https://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/professional-muscle-forum/159210-500-mg-test-per-week-can-run-without-ai.html

SHBG isn't what people once thought, "bound" test isn't inactive because SHBG has a cell membrane receptor, I wouldn't want to lower SHBG.

I do recall reading something on this a while back regarding bound test being active to some degree. My question really is do free and total test both aromatize and if so do they aromatize at the same rate, and if not, what is the difference in rate?

I understand that my questions may need some reshaping as my understanding of these topics is pretty basic but I appreciate the responses.

If you're taking 25mg of Aromasin 2x a week for 200mg of test, you're going to have other problems. Check out this thread as well... https://www.professionalmuscle.com/...-500-mg-test-per-week-can-run-without-ai.html

Thanks Bio. Interesting discussion. So to provide some background my bloodwork shows that when on 200mg test cyp and 25mg aromasin twice per week (all pharmaceuticals from my endo) I am at 1100 total test 230 free test and 49 estradiol. At 150mg test cyp and 25mg aromasin twice per week I am at 940 total test 159 free test and 34 estradiol. The bloodwork in both cases was done after being on these doses for 12 weeks at least. To me it seems there is a stronger correlation between free test and estrogen than total test and estrogen - the 30% decrease in free test resulted in a 30% decrease in estrogen, while total test decreased by about 15%.

That said, I was considering lowering my test dose to 100mg per week, dropping the aromasin, and adding in a low dose of proviron or masteron. I know that these compounds have a tendency to increase free testosterone and was wondering what impact that may have on estrogen levels (where total test goes down and free test goes up). Also noted that my understanding that these compounds may have anti-estrogen effects is typically overstated, but that’s just what I have heard.

Now, I’ll note that prior to this I was taking 200mg test cyp without aromasin and my estrogen levels were in the 80s, so I am thinking of switching things up to remove the aromasin but keep estrogen from getting out of control and keep test where I like it - at the upper range.

I do recall reading something on this a while back regarding bound test being active to some degree. My question really is do free and total test both aromatize and if so do they aromatize at the same rate, and if not, what is the difference in rate?

I understand that my questions may need some reshaping as my understanding of these topics is pretty basic but I appreciate the responses.

Bump

Thanks Bio. Interesting discussion. So to provide some background my bloodwork shows that when on 200mg test cyp and 25mg aromasin twice per week (all pharmaceuticals from my endo) I am at 1100 total test 230 free test and 49 estradiol. At 150mg test cyp and 25mg aromasin twice per week I am at 940 total test 159 free test and 34 estradiol. The bloodwork in both cases was done after being on these doses for 12 weeks at least. To me it seems there is a stronger correlation between free test and estrogen than total test and estrogen - the 30% decrease in free test resulted in a 30% decrease in estrogen, while total test decreased by about 15%.

That said, I was considering lowering my test dose to 100mg per week, dropping the aromasin, and adding in a low dose of proviron or masteron. I know that these compounds have a tendency to increase free testosterone and was wondering what impact that may have on estrogen levels (where total test goes down and free test goes up). Also noted that my understanding that these compounds may have anti-estrogen effects is typically overstated, but that’s just what I have heard.

Now, I’ll note that prior to this I was taking 200mg test cyp without aromasin and my estrogen levels were in the 80s, so I am thinking of switching things up to remove the aromasin but keep estrogen from getting out of control and keep test where I like it - at the upper range.

Look into boron at 6mg twice daily. It boosts free test and is really cheap. Note, the advice came from dante, he's the man, but its applicable to your post.

I appreciate the responses but none of these address my question, which is:

Do free and total test both aromatize and if so do they aromatize at the same rate, and if not, what is the difference in rate?

I appreciate the responses but none of these address my question, which is:

Do free and total test both aromatize and if so do they aromatize at the same rate, and if not, what is the difference in rate?

Both free and bound Test aromatase.

Eugondal males given AIs like Letrozole have experienced a rise in endogenous Testosterone after E is lowered.

They do not experience a rise in either one, both total T and free Test increase.

Further reading:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3143915/

Last edited:
Free is what’s makes you feel good, so I’d stick with that

Both free and bound Test aromatase.

Eugondal males given AIs like Letrozole have experienced a rise in endogenous Testosterone after E is lowered.

They do not experience a rise in either one, both total T and free Test increase.

Further reading:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3143915/

Thanks Swifto. But, correct me if I am wrong here, that article does not address whether aromatase acts on each of bound and free test (and the degree of action), right? All it is saying is that total and free test increase when aromatase is inhibited (which presumably is due to negative feedback, increased total T - and in turn increased free T as a result of increased total T). Agree?

Thanks Swifto. But, correct me if I am wrong here, that article does not address whether aromatase acts on each of bound and free test (and the degree of action), right? All it is saying is that total and free test increase when aromatase is inhibited (which presumably is due to negative feedback, increased total T - and in turn increased free T as a result of increased total T). Agree?

The study does not state it, but I am almost certain AIs work on total and free Test. Not either. I am unable to find the rate of each but I'll keep looking, its a great question.

It should be noted that AIs lower SHBG levels in males, as show in this study.

Table 2. will show you how much over 3, 6 and 9 weeks and also after a 9 weeks of treatment taking 2mg per day of Anastrozole.

You will also notice the E2 (estradiol) levels. AIs do not lower E as much as people think. Letrozole is the same in males. Inhibition is around the 40-60% mark.

Last edited:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner