over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Thoughts on working out at 5am

aapemann

Newbies
Whats been your experience on this and do you get the results you want when building muscle ?

I get to the gym around 5:45am. My strength went down initially when I switched to training after one meal, but you get used to it. I love starting my day off in the gym these days. And yes I've made great progress this year.

Whats been your experience on this and do you get the results you want when building muscle ?

Muscle only starts building at 5:45am - :D

JK - Actually know a lot of guys that LOVE training early. Only time I ever did anything like it was PT in the corps and I freaking HATED that shit... I am getting old and cant sleep like I used to so I may try it once I am able to get back to the gym

I train early 5 am. I prefer it now and I haven't seen any difference training wise.

Been going even earlier myself as of late, was there just before 2am this morning. Love the fact I have the place completely to myself, ban have music loud. A good preworkout gets the energy level up as well..

I work swing shifts and I train at 5am on dayshift and 5pm on nightshift. Either way it's my morning. I just can't make it after work. I work 12hr shifts in a steelmill and I'm usually exhausted after shift.

Been going even earlier myself as of late, was there just before 2am this morning. Love the fact I have the place completely to myself, ban have music loud. A good preworkout gets the energy level up as well..

Damn man - do you sleep at all??? Lol

I enjoy morning training I have maby 40 grams of carbs pre workout with a preworkout drink and I kill it. Less people early at first I felt weaker but after a few weeks I was g2g

I've been training at 4am for years. Love it. Infact I probably couldn't train later in the day anymore.

It's like anything else, once your body gets used to it, it's a piece of cake.

I prefer NOT to train at 5 am, just could not adjust to it. I find it more advantageous to do fasted cardio at 5am and train at night.

Been training between 2:30am-4am for year. Ever since I was in college, then jumped into my career. I took the train into the city which was an hour commute from my house, so training that early was the only way. At first, it was hard, but then I got used to it. Now I can't, nor would I want to train later in the day!

I love starting my day off with a great workout, it just makes me feel good the rest of the day knowing it was done. I also feel I can train harder in the morning vs. training after a long day at work

I work overnights. I do 7-7. I get home at 730am and asleep by 830-900. Up by 4 and at the gym by 5. It took some getting used to but now I can only workout right after waking. A good solid breakfast is definitely needed and a good solid meal post workout. I do feel though because of my wacky sleep cycle that the rest I need to maximize growth isn't quite there but still I've made nice progress over the past couple years. It is hard sometimes and occasionally I feel worn out so I learned not to push it too much and listen to my body.

for 20 years ive trained at night......forcing myself
to train AM during prep 2 adays only.....but.

i just find.....im wayyy stronger and focused after all
those meals throughout the day before training....

im not a morning person....but recently been getting in
late afternoon workouts.....which i like....just in there with a bunch
of old ladies.....

:cool:

for 20 years ive trained at night......forcing myself
to train AM during prep 2 adays only.....but.

i just find.....im wayyy stronger and focused after all
those meals throughout the day before training....

im not a morning person....but recently been getting in
late afternoon workouts.....which i like....just in there with a bunch
of old ladies.....

:cool:

I've tried numerous times to do Am Workouts.. It was never successful and I never got used to it like they claimed I woukd.. I prefer about 4 pm to 7 pm.. I have been able to do a couple 10 am workouts if I'm up for a few hours., but they were still marginal workouts..

I've tried numerous times to do Am Workouts.. It was never successful and I never got used to it like they claimed I woukd.. I prefer about 4 pm to 7 pm.. I have been able to do a couple 10 am workouts if I'm up for a few hours., but they were still marginal workouts..

Yes first thing in the morning
I never had that same fire as in the evenings.

I have been training in the morning for about 5 years now .i train fasted a lot ,or just some whey isolate and coconut oil .I find it almost impossible to train later in the day .if I don't go early ,I usually don't make it to the gym at all

I've been training early morning since 2004.

Anywhere between 4am to 6am.

Does it get easier? No. Every morning I rationalize why I should sleep in like everyone else. But if I sleep in between my day job, hustling up my own business, three young boys, and a girlfriend ... if I don't train in the morning I will always have some priority taking my time.

But at 4am-6am no one demands my time. 4am to 6am is just me.

It doesn't impact my strength at all.

I have one meal before I workout. Usually 140g of whey (100g protein) with a bunch of berries, bananas, and water.

After my workout I have a whole food meal like beef rice or potatoes.

While in my Prime, I would do my heavy lifting @ 4:30 a.m. in the garage.
Had to start my concrete Job @ 6. I would normally get off around 2 then finish my workout at the Gym.
Fresh muscle and loaded from the previous day meals was Best!
After Concreting all day stores were a bit Depleted but buy lifting at 3 p.m. I could chase the pump and start the refueling process.

I remember getting stuck w-315 a couple times and dumping the bar...
What A racket that Early!!! Good thing I never used collars...lol

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828